PDA

View Full Version : Dawnbringer, new Enchantress Player

Tojansen
06-28-2010, 07:07 AM
Hi everyone!

I have been playing for a while now already, always looking in these boards for information. :-)
I'm very happy to see such an active community with so much effort to help design the game with the devs!

Nevertheless I have some questsions: (LVL 20 Ench)

- What is the most efficient leveling method?
Random Grps of my lvl tend to wipe quite often and it takes quite a long time to gain a level..
Also, joining a dungeon way higher than my level seems to give way more exp but I feel really cheap hindering the highlvl-players and often get kicked

- I seem to use a looot of mana potions.. Now i see that i play the most mana-dependent class, but when will the first "M/S" gear arrive? What number of m/s is needed to cast without needing mana-potions?

- What primary stat should I invest in? I see that the current stat system is quite unbalanced, so i tried a full int spec from 1 to 19 and then I tried full dex, as I read dex would improve dps by a lot. This way I inflict way more damage right now at the price of 2 M/S (from int) but I didn't notice the M/S anyway..

- I like the idea of the paladin spec that everyone seems to go for at higher levels. When is the right moment to go for that spec?

I really enjoy playing and I'm looking forward to the changes announced in the July roadmap. :-)

If anyone wants to add me (I'd really like some help, may it be leveling with me or just chatting about game mechanice to help me out): Dawnbringer, LVL 20 Enchantress

Have a nice day!

King Richie
06-28-2010, 07:22 AM
Ok

-best way to level is get a good party to pwr level or get a lvl 40 to pwr level you
-mages will use alot of mana potions the only way to really combat that is to get a lvl 40 to pwr level you cause then you dont really have to do anything
-Well you should go for INT cause it dose inprove your DPS and all that just not as much but mages need their mana and M/S so INT FTW
-Dont spec to paladin untill 35 or higher
-il add you later :)

Royce
06-28-2010, 08:09 AM
Welcome

- What is the most efficient leveling method?
I'm in favor of playing dungeons your level. This isn't a race to max level. Enjoy the ride. Find players you like playing with, add them as friends, and try to join games with them instead of randoms all the time. That said there's nothing wrong with going up to a higher dungeon as long as you make sure it's cool with the group when you join.

- I seem to use a looot of mana potions.. Now i see that i play the most mana-dependent class, but when will the first "M/S" gear arrive? What number of m/s is needed to cast without needing mana-potions?
There is already "Wizard's" green gear that you could use with 1 M/s each. By level 29/30, you will be able to outfit yourself in "Dreamer's" items that have 2 M/s each, and at level 35, the "Mamboza's" gear have 5 M/s each. I have used very few mana pots since hitting level 35.

- What primary stat should I invest in? I see that the current stat system is quite unbalanced, so i tried a full int spec from 1 to 19 and then I tried full dex, as I read dex would improve dps by a lot. This way I inflict way more damage right now at the price of 2 M/S (from int) but I didn't notice the M/S anyway..
I would say invest in Int, unless you prefer playing as a dex mage or paladin. When the stat-based skill conversion update comes, Int-based enchantresses will be the most powerful spell-casters as they should be, and that's only a couple of weeks away.

- I like the idea of the paladin spec that everyone seems to go for at higher levels. When is the right moment to go for that spec?
Paladin is a fad right now because all the good mana regen gear for level 40 is for Str characters. Once the gear imbalance has been fixed (hopefully when AO2 comes out this week), and the stat-based skill conversion happens, paladins won't be so overpowered anymore.

tjornan
06-28-2010, 10:35 AM
If you want some lvl 40 friends, better act fast, since AO part 2 is coming out soon, our boredness will evaporate. so will are willingness to help lower lvl ppl

Tojansen
06-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Thanks for all the quick answers! :-)

I already did a nice journey with King Richie, who I found by coincidence while joining a random game. :-D
I re-specced to full int now and I already got 2 LVL 25 items to boost my M/S to 6, so far I think I'm on the right path. :-)

I think I'll really enjoy this community, all people are really friendly. ^_^

If someone has enormous boredom, add me :) All pink drops are for you of course, in case you collect them ^^ and everything else you may need..:)

tjornan
06-28-2010, 11:04 AM
If someone has enormous boredom, add me All pink drops are for you of course, in case you collect them ^^ and everything else you may need

Imma collector! im looking for a mambozas fire pin..... sooooooooo.... if u get one tell me

Cascade
06-28-2010, 01:22 PM
Hey welcome to the forums Tojansen! Hope you have a great time here :D

tjornan
06-28-2010, 07:48 PM
your name sounds too much like mine.... perhaps ur mine archnemisis the joker?

Tojansen
07-08-2010, 04:14 AM
I have enrolled a warrior by now. :D

Suntear, if you want to add me! Now leveling my Enchantress. (33 currently.)

I want to thank all of you for your support and I hope to see you in-game!