PDA

View Full Version : no life refresh

digilaz
09-30-2011, 12:08 PM
Enemies shouldn't refresh when you die. Makes it completely impossible to beat levels solo.

fallen0888
09-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Great idea

ExperimentNebulaCore
09-30-2011, 12:43 PM
I solo when I lvl up, and I rarely die (unless I accidently rush large groups of mobs), but yes this would be a good idea.

Gazroast
09-30-2011, 01:18 PM
Enemies shouldn't refresh when you die. Makes it completely impossible to beat levels solo.

I don't like it.

drewcapu
09-30-2011, 01:30 PM
It sure beats a Game Over alert that forces you to start the map all over.

Carth
09-30-2011, 02:31 PM

This game isn't for you to solo on. This game is for you to work with other players and use teamwork to get through mobs and bosses. I say no to your suggestion.

Hullukko
10-01-2011, 01:37 AM
This game isn't for you to solo on. This game is for you to work with other players and use teamwork to get through mobs and bosses. I say no to your suggestion.

A tough thing to say, but I have to agree. Changes, like this one, that have a negative impact on team gaming shouldn't be made in the name of soloing. Nothing wrong with orthogonal changes though.

Arterra
10-01-2011, 01:42 AM
one way to look at it: if you die, your current method of playing is not good enough, and forces you to get better. with this you are able to just keep doing badly and eventually win, without improving at all.

one definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results xD

geo111
10-01-2011, 05:50 PM
I don't see a problem with having it both ways. Let the soloists play solo. Put a switch at the beginning of a level that locks out other players and shuts off respawning.

What's the downside?

Carth
10-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Put a switch at the beginning of a level that locks out other players and shuts off respawning.

What's the downside?
With Spacetime Studios aiming for teamplay, I don't see this ever happening.

geo111
10-02-2011, 07:30 PM
STS is aiming at making money. Lofty design goals are all well and good, but selling platinum is the thing.

ExperimentNebulaCore
10-03-2011, 07:50 AM
I don't see a problem with having it both ways. Let the soloists play solo. Put a switch at the beginning of a level that locks out other players and shuts off respawning.

What's the downside?

Amen

digilaz
10-06-2011, 12:14 AM
Either way, I still manage. Just a bit of a blower when you get stuck trying to deal with a certain fat person on Delta. A toggle switch would be nice. They are aiming towards attracting a better crowd, correct? Some of the missions are hard for the new people to hump out, even with some help.