PDA

View Full Version : New Idea?!

sebbyc
12-29-2016, 03:15 AM
Okay. So I've played many other online multi-player games that have had community bosses or like big group bosses. I'm not talking about like the bosses we have in pl. I was thinking about like bosses that need groups of more than 5 people. Like 10-15 people but have the bosses at different levels for not just people at cap (but this may only work at cap due to inactivity of other levels.) These bosses should do more damage than any boss we have had (nothing insane) and it should have more health (not insane amounts either.) One way to do this would be re making all the bosses throughout alterra and call them like mega meathead or like mega Lil'Bill. This might be a great way to have larger groups of people team up and defeat group bosses! One spin to these bosses might be timed. So you actually have to assemble a well put together team of bears birds and mages. Another spin to this could be having a set number of players like 5 mages 5 birds and 5 bears min. But create different rules for different bosses to make things exciting! Also another thing to add would be drop rates. Something to change could be have like 1-2 people get a guaranteed good drop of a pink. Or sometimes a rarer elite! But to make someone get at least 1 pink or more rarer, an elite. These items I'm guessing shouldn't be a huge game changer since at least 1 pink should drop each time. But this is just a thought! I'd like to see group boss fighting of more than 5 people and needing strategy to take down the boss!

George Clooney
12-29-2016, 03:23 AM
I think if we organize this in a way that would be quite simple for someone like Cinco to implement, and get a full crowd pushing the idea, there's hope for it yet. First step would be to make this surer clear and break it up into some easy paragraphs. Good luck with the idea!

tasakli
12-29-2016, 06:38 AM
There barely are (full) pvm games and u want to get bosses where you need 10-15 people? I'd say more instances like erd would be better

XghostzX
12-29-2016, 10:36 AM
There barely are (full) pvm games and u want to get bosses where you need 10-15 people? I'd say more instances like erd would be better

That's because players don't really need full PvE games. But there is an active end game community. If they did this, I guarantee you people would have no problem finding a team.

Buchmeister
12-29-2016, 04:35 PM
okay. So i've played many other online multi-player games that have had community bosses or like big group bosses. I'm not talking about like the bosses we have in pl. I was thinking about like bosses that need groups of more than 5 people. Like 10-15 people but have the bosses at different levels for not just people at cap (but this may only work at cap due to inactivity of other levels.) these bosses should do more damage than any boss we have had (nothing insane) and it should have more health (not insane amounts either.) one way to do this would be re making all the bosses throughout alterra and call them like mega meathead or like mega lil'bill. This might be a great way to have larger groups of people team up and defeat group bosses! One spin to these bosses might be timed. So you actually have to assemble a well put together team of bears birds and mages. Another spin to this could be having a set number of players like 5 mages 5 birds and 5 bears min. But create different rules for different bosses to make things exciting! Also another thing to add would be drop rates. Something to change could be have like 1-2 people get a guaranteed good drop of a pink. Or sometimes a rarer elite! But to make someone get at least 1 pink or more rarer, an elite. These items i'm guessing shouldn't be a huge game changer since at least 1 pink should drop each time. But this is just a thought! I'd like to see group boss fighting of more than 5 people and needing strategy to take down the boss!

cough cough log horizon raids ftw lets do it cough cough

Sheugokin
12-29-2016, 10:59 PM
That's because players don't really need full PvE games. But there is an active end game community. If they did this, I guarantee you people would have no problem finding a team.

I agree but many of the players are in PvP no? Or maybe I haven't been on long enough to see all of the farmers. I feel like merches run the PL community and famers at endgame are slowly waning out. Don't quote me on this though. :)

Bazinga!
12-30-2016, 02:59 AM
It really just depends on the incentive to kill the boss. Awesome gear / vanities? - Totally. Teamwork? - Nah...

Congeniality
12-30-2016, 07:30 PM
I agree but many of the players are in PvP no? Or maybe I haven't been on long enough to see all of the farmers. I feel like merches run the PL community and famers at endgame are slowly waning out. Don't quote me on this though. :)

You have been quoted

XghostzX
12-30-2016, 07:34 PM

True, but anytime there's something new, ALL (generalizing, but I would think most) players flood to the new "thing," especially for a game like PL. I don't consider myself a farmer at all, I get no joy out of farming dungeons. However, I would definitely participate in anything that's new.

Sheugokin
12-30-2016, 09:07 PM
True, but anytime there's something new, ALL (generalizing, but I would think most) players flood to the new "thing," especially for a game like PL. I don't consider myself a farmer at all, I get no joy out of farming dungeons. However, I would definitely participate in anything that's new.

Fair point haha, and I do the same. It feels especially gratifying when you drop a pink/valuable and jack up the prices sooooo high when the dungeon/map recently launched. This X-Mas especially!

sebbyc
12-31-2016, 12:19 PM

I too don't enjoy farming a ton. I get impatient and I don't even have the time to farm. But I also like participating in new events!