PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Price Inflation

iamthesurvivor
12-31-2016, 08:16 AM
As many people know, prices for items have been going up as a whole. I was wondering if they are going to settle back to normal after winterfest or if they'll stay inflated.

Thanks!

Kingzila
12-31-2016, 09:21 AM
As many people know, prices for items have been going up as a whole. I was wondering if they are going to settle back to normal after winterfest or if they'll stay inflated.

Thanks!

To be totally honest with you, don't expect them to go down anytime soon.
With the introduction of " payed leveling " I won't be surprised when hackers & loaders start "playing" pl, so get ready for that fun show, as if it wasn't a thing already. This is literally sts's last stand with pl to make it profitable I imagine.

How you say? Well let's put it like this.

The price of producing new items for pl & keeping it up to date is now eating into STS's AL money bag, not to mention it was already said that " legacy games/apps where not being updated anymore. "
You honestly should be happy that the game is being even cared for at this point or just be like me & not feed the beast & invest in something els while you still can. Because if the updating & so on keep's up, you "will" defiantly be paying somewhere sometime soon for something that cost 500 plat easy.

If you acutely thought prices where going down after they made leveling, "plat ready" I got bad news for you.
It's not going to happen.

Caztori
01-01-2017, 09:52 AM
I'm also concerned about the inflation going on in PL right now. The prices has probably increased due to the easy obtainable gold in the Winter Fest update.

The problem is that gold always is pushed out to the players without taking any gold back. To stabilise the economy I think STS need to get people to buy things for gold from the "system". Some great ways to get money back would be to sell vanities and gear for gold instead of only platinum. This has been a problem since the beginning, but now we really starts to see the prices running away.

Congeniality
01-01-2017, 03:23 PM
To all those who are just hoarding large amount of gold, buy something... I don't care WHAT it is, if you just hold onto pure gold you will be left with nothing because of the value of one gold piece of depreciating so fast.

Get items so that the work you have put in will retain itself because as the gold piece depreciates the prices of items will go up as well. I highly suggest getting starries now while you can... the prices are sky-rocketing due to the gold being devalued as well as Macuak making good use of the situation for his profit. Get items NOW, the longer you wait the more you lose. DO NOT KEEP LIQUID GOLD..... :D

Hope this helps!
Walie

Buchmeister
01-01-2017, 03:53 PM
To be totally honest with you, don't expect them to go down anytime soon.
With the introduction of " payed leveling " I won't be surprised when hackers & loaders start "playing" pl, so get ready for that fun show, as if it wasn't a thing already. This is literally sts's last stand with pl to make it profitable I imagine.

How you say? Well let's put it like this.

The price of producing new items for pl & keeping it up to date is now eating into STS's AL money bag, not to mention it was already said that " legacy games/apps where not being updated anymore. "
You honestly should be happy that the game is being even cared for at this point or just be like me & not feed the beast & invest in something els while you still can. Because if the updating & so on keep's up, you "will" defiantly be paying somewhere sometime soon for something that cost 500 plat easy.

If you acutely thought prices where going down after they made leveling, "plat ready" I got bad news for you.
It's not going to happen.

STS just hates to take risks :T

iamthesurvivor
01-01-2017, 06:46 PM
Fml all these grotto farmers make me feel obligated to do some farming myself but it gets too boring after 10 mins :/
I hope this event ends soon

XghostzX
01-01-2017, 10:07 PM
To all those who are just hoarding large amount of gold, buy something... I don't care WHAT it is, if you just hold onto pure gold you will be left with nothing because of the value of one gold piece of depreciating so fast.

Get items so that the work you have put in will retain itself because as the gold piece depreciates the prices of items will go up as well. I highly suggest getting starries now while you can... the prices are sky-rocketing due to the gold being devalued as well as Macuak making good use of the situation for his profit. Get items NOW, the longer you wait the more you lose. DO NOT KEEP LIQUID GOLD..... :D

Hope this helps!
Walie

Did Mac honestly buy all the starries in CS? My god, never paid such an OP price for a blue starry.

Kingzila
01-02-2017, 02:56 AM

If you have the time to see how much work was put into this overhaul of pl, past what was said in the update notice you would understand how much time probably went into the update & how the price increase not going down is pretty much a given. For new items at least, though I'm still not paying stg until i see a plat sale. I will indeed give credit where it's due.

Caztori
01-02-2017, 05:16 AM
Regarding the plat prices, I don't see how the (imo) too high increase will result in bigger revenue for STS. I guess people won't buy as much due to the prices? I think a smaller, more realistic increase (let's say +10%) would be better for both parts.

PartayHat
01-02-2017, 05:50 AM
Sts hates your stupid posts

Fwend
01-02-2017, 07:21 PM
I've noticed the prices of vanities in the consignment store have all gone up.

Starry garbs
Mystery Dragon sets
Gem Regalia
Alien Ensemble

It's all because of the power of one person who started to post items at over priced sales, and others have followed his lead.

Prices of items on game fluctuate over supply and demand, and on this occasion one merch who has ingeniously pushed prices up.
I applaud Macuak for this.

Prices can go back down by others posting lower and continuing to do so.