PDA

View Full Version : vanity event?

leslietheone
01-01-2017, 05:52 AM
Hello

we had the rumors about a vanity event and one of the devs made "*shifty eyes*" which most of the times(all the times) turns out to be truth.
Is the vanity event something thats gona happen or just a fun convo?

Chocolaty
01-01-2017, 01:51 PM
I remember reading a Devs post where he did say *shifty eyes* but later in that same thread he clarified that there are no plans for such an event. He was just trying to have a little bit of fun with us. -1 for vanity event.

Ceuidear
01-01-2017, 10:38 PM
I remember reading a Devs post where he did say *shifty eyes* but later in that same thread he clarified that there are no plans for such an event. He was just trying to have a little bit of fun with us. -1 for vanity event.

Agree with ur -1 for vanity event.

Kakashis
01-02-2017, 06:00 AM
Yes, a Dev confirmed that this isn't happening. Pets and gear events one could argue it equalized out the power curve of everyone, but this event adds no gain to the game other than to cheapen the statless items. Lb banners/items would be obsolete. Already choked last year's plat tier event banner is this winters gold banner with no recolor or differentiation at all. I'm guessing that the changing of the guard had something to do with it.

Oakmaiden
01-04-2017, 01:44 PM
Hmmm, maybe a vanity crafting event or vanty thief with new designs. Yes that would be fun.

Kiritobozz
01-04-2017, 01:53 PM
No more useless vanities please...

Plqgue
01-04-2017, 03:08 PM
I wish man lol

Avaree
01-04-2017, 03:50 PM
-2 to vanity event!

Abuze
01-04-2017, 05:11 PM
Cmon will be fun to have everyone walking around with original jesters, ghost set, frank, medusa, etc :P (meant this as a joke)

Mess
01-04-2017, 08:11 PM
Cmon will be fun to have everyone walking around with original jesters, ghost set, frank, medusa, etc :P (meant this as a joke)

Hurts to even think about it lol

xxalivexx
01-04-2017, 10:10 PM
Doubt this will ever happen, event LB vanities were given out for those special players who played their hearts out for it, that kind of event would ruin the game completely and lots will quit and sts will soon start to lose money, and once they see something will lose money they over think stuff, i wouldnt want my medusa set to be given out for free to any and everyone.

I don't think so, keep dreaming.

Ceuidear
01-04-2017, 11:11 PM
People have spent tons of Gold/RC & their precious time in order to get some vanities(LB rewards), especially vet players who have got the Tabard Set & it would be unfair to make a vanity thief event bringing back the old Vanity sets which has been hard earned by many players making them available for everyone would make it loose its value.
A good example for a vanity set that lost its value is Steel Commando Set during AL's 3rd Birthday. Just before the update its price was around 1.2M a few hrs after the update it was all over the CS for 150K. Players spent 1M+ just a few mins before the update & after the update its price was lower than expected, guess how would any of them who bought it for a Mill felt ?
Few of the oldest & rarest vanities are still being bought & sold for millions of Gold & it would be awkward to bring back those old vanities by making an event & make them loose their value.

Nickleo
01-05-2017, 12:23 PM
Doubt this will ever happen, event LB vanities were given out for those special players who played their hearts out for it, that kind of event would ruin the game completely and lots will quit and sts will soon start to lose money, and once they see something will lose money they over think stuff, i wouldnt want my medusa set to be given out for free to any and everyone.

I don't think so, keep dreaming.

Same was with Shady And Surge...Look at it now :P (I am neutral about this event)

Goen
01-05-2017, 01:58 PM
Same was with Shady And Surge...Look at it now [emoji14] (I am neutral about this event)
Yea, also same with arcane ring. 1st introduce it was around 100m, and now we all know the arcane ring price...
Arcane shard also reach the lowest price was around 200k, and go up again now.
All item's price can go up and down, that's normal.
Don't you think so ?

Saud
01-05-2017, 02:58 PM
Here we go again

Ardbeg
01-05-2017, 03:47 PM
Some work their butts of to win lb or earn the gold for the vanities, some support the game with plat purchases to wear them. And some just campaign on forum. Again, you can only devalue existing vanities, but not get something of similar value without effort. The second everyone has the same vanity, is the second everyone will stop caring for it. It is in the very nature of a vanity, that it needs to be rare.

Plqgue
01-05-2017, 08:40 PM
They could always re-release them for plat and make a thief drop that's uber rare they wouldn't lose any money from you hoarders that way

thekragle
01-05-2017, 09:40 PM
The solution to this problem, which should appease everyone is to have a event where the thief drops NEW vanities and maybe the ones that are already offered through the store for plat. The rare leaderboard or event vanities should not be included.

Just my opinion.

Ardbeg
01-06-2017, 01:59 AM
There have been a few requests before:

vanity thief why not?

A couple of things:

1) This is not even on the horizon, so don't sweat it for now.

2) There are a ton of vanities in the game, not just leaderboard ones. IF we ever do a vanity thief, we won't just give away what people have worked so hard for.

3) Anyone who says they will quit if we do this or that gets a time out. We don't like threats and are sure you can communicate in a more mature fashion. Use your adult words.

Rock on,

- g

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Espacetimestudios% 2Ecom%2Fshowpost%2Ephp%3Fp%3D2592454&share_tid=375132&share_fid=24169&share_type=t&share_pid=2592454

Jamila
01-06-2017, 02:05 AM
Hello

we had the rumors about a vanity event and one of the devs made "*shifty eyes*" which most of the times(all the times) turns out to be truth.
Is the vanity event something thats gona happen or just a fun convo?

yes first i think devs have some suprise for doing "shifty eyes"
but he confrim again, so no vanity for lb winter..
but yes -1 for vanity event :)

Avaree
01-06-2017, 01:04 PM
There have been a few requests before :
A couple of things:

1) This is not even on the horizon, so don't sweat it for now.

2) There are a ton of vanities in the game, not just leaderboard ones. IF we ever do a vanity thief, we won't just give away what people have worked so hard for.

3) Anyone who says they will quit if we do this or that gets a time out. We don't like threats and are sure you can communicate in a more mature fashion. Use your adult words.

And this happened:

Clickity click!

Nickleo
01-06-2017, 01:19 PM
Yea, also same with arcane ring. 1st introduce it was around 100m, and now we all know the arcane ring price...
Arcane shard also reach the lowest price was around 200k, and go up again now.
All item's price can go up and down, that's normal.
Don't you think so ?
I am refering to LB items..Such as the Snady And Surge was...

nightmaresmoke
01-06-2017, 01:57 PM
I understand if the lb runners who got the exclusive vanities would get upset coz they worked hard for it and they deserved it, but if you got the lb vanities without even running the said events just got it with money i think this does not concern you at all you bought the said lb vanities on your own accord so don't assume that everything will go your own way. Sts will decide on what to do with their events on their game. And please stop threatening sts that you're quitting if this event happens its really ridiculous.

Ardbeg
01-06-2017, 06:32 PM
I understand if the lb runners who got the exclusive vanities would get upset coz they worked hard for it and they deserved it, but if you got the lb vanities without even running the said events just got it with money i think this does not concern you at all you bought the said lb vanities on your own accord so don't assume that everything will go your own way. Sts will decide on what to do with their events on their game. And please stop threatening sts that you're quitting if this event happens its really ridiculous.

Wether you ran the event or bought the vanities with hard earned gold or supported the game by buying plat should not matter at all. It is effort nullified for no reason. Why? Because every vanity which is not rare is near worthless, so these thief events are only good to destroy values. I ran the helloween event 2014 and earned the vanities the hard way, during the event the first anouncement said the vanities are untradable. I liked that idea, but many didn't who prefered to earn gold this way. So sts changed it. Without special things to strive for, far less players will run events or bother to spend plat. It will only focus playtime on event days and reward lazyness. And to repeat it again: you can only take value away from people who showed the effort to get it. Once the vanities drop for all they are worth almost nothing for you.

Kakashis
01-06-2017, 07:52 PM
Wether you ran the event or bought the vanities with hard earned gold or supported the game by buying plat should not matter at all. It is effort nullified for no reason. Why? Because every vanity which is not rare is near worthless, so these thief events are only good to destroy values. I ran the helloween event 2014 and earned the vanities the hard way, during the event the first anouncement said the vanities are untradable. I liked that idea, but many didn't who prefered to earn gold this way. So sts changed it. Without special things to strive for, far less players will run events or bother to spend plat. It will only focus playtime on event days and reward lazyness. And to repeat it again: you can only take value away from people who showed the effort to get it. Once the vanities drop for all they are worth almost nothing for you.

I couldn't agree more. Eggs and equips already got hit hard and we are still seeing it recover from them and it's been months. 50k gold slobbers xD

Kendall
02-06-2017, 11:42 PM
vanity thief event is just for poor people who can't afford to buy expensive vanities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes
02-07-2017, 12:41 AM
+100 for vanity event.. lets do it devs :P

Ceuidear
02-07-2017, 12:56 AM
-100 for vanity event as it makes everyone look alike by making old vanities available for everyone as some veteran players have hard earned few old vanity sets for a huge amount of Gold. Moreover i don't wanna see some of the vanities like Tabard, Orginal Jester, Event vanities & LB Vanities becoming like a common vanity available for 50-100K as those sets have their own value & only a handful of players own it.
I don't own any of those but, still i feel happy when i see 1 among 100 wearing such rare vanity. When i see such old vanities i should feel like... "Wow ! Original Jester or Tabard Set..." not like "I looted 3 of those sets in vanity event looks like crap...."

voidPtr
02-07-2017, 05:07 AM
vanity thief event is just for poor people who can't afford to buy expensive vanities
And this is in thread "Next special event":

egg-stravaganza event
So, you decided to resurrect two one month old threads, to say you are against vanity event, cause it's for poor, and you support new eggstravaganca because... you didn't said why. So I gather you think eggstravaganca is good/ok for rich people. :)

PS: i'm not saying anything about what I'm against or support. just thought it was funny, his point of view, on both

Kendall
02-07-2017, 05:11 AM
So, you decided to resurrect two one month old threads, to say you are against vanity event, cause it's for poor, and you support new eggstravaganca because... you didn't said why. So I gather you think eggstravaganca is good/ok for rich people. :)

PS: i'm not saying anything about what I'm against or support. just thought it was funny, his point of view, on both

I hope you know what 'joke' means, and I'm not dumb. The next event coming is Lovecrafting / Valentine Event. Ty (:

Perceval
02-07-2017, 05:13 AM
Original jester vanities as a very hard drop during Lovecraft 2017.

Just a suggestion.

voidPtr
02-07-2017, 05:16 AM
@Kendall you were joking? did not understood. then my conclusions for your viewpoint are not correct, sry.
ignore my comment up, people.

Kendall
02-07-2017, 05:21 AM
@Kendall you were joking? did not understood. then my conclusions for your viewpoint are not correct.
ignore my comment, people.

I don't know what's your prob dude, and I don't wanna have a fight with you at here. And i won't replying anymore. (:

Kendall
02-07-2017, 05:23 AM
Original jester vanities as a very hard drop during Lovecraft 2017.

Just a suggestion.

there must be another color of jester lol

Perceval
02-07-2017, 11:10 AM
there must be another color of jester lol

I'd probably be triggered if there was lol