PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: what happens when it ends?

Darkfader
10-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Idk was title bit misleading but I was thinking what will happen when devs decide to stop making new dungeons. I mean, every mmorpg game have their max level. As example many older mmorpg games have long time ago reached maximum level in game.

Only idea I can think of is some sort of "prestige" system from call of dutys, when you reset yourself to level 1 and level again to achieve some sort of reward or some other extras.

/discuss

nmyxspaceship
10-01-2011, 09:51 AM
I try not to think of that day, But lol an elite level system with rewards would be awsome.

mugen
10-01-2011, 09:53 AM
I don't think we have to worry about this for awhile. These guys always come up with something new for us either in SL or PL.
But it will be a sad day indeed. Millennia down the road of course! :)

superglut2
10-01-2011, 10:05 AM
runescape and wow have been out since a long long time, as long as ppl play pl and devs make money with it, they will work on it. there is still a Lot on the roadmap that players wish and devs have stated that ghey are working on. well haloween soon, then christmas, lookig fordward to it

Gluttony
10-01-2011, 10:15 AM
When they reach their level limit, they can release 3 new classes (one for each stat point) with a complete new list of 12 skills for each and have players start from the very beginning all over again. Maybe introduce a skill tree for SL since all the characters are human and allow players to customize the exact player the want to fit their playstyle. As long as the funds keep rolling in to pay the staff and the server costs, I don't think PL/SL are going anywhere anytime soon but your thread does get the creative juices flowing.

Draco Mikato
10-01-2011, 10:17 AM
This thread made me sad... :(

WoundedEagle
10-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Really think this will happen? No. Once they settle on a main cap, theyll start making more elite dungeons, items and revising old dungeons. Making the game more enjoyable. I guarantee it.

apocketlegend
10-01-2011, 01:07 PM
I totally agree with wounded.

Ixillicus
10-01-2011, 01:24 PM
As long as people continue to support the game (which is happening a lot) they will continue to develop new content. I dont think there is a business around that would say "We're still making tons of money, but I think we end this now".

gotrocks420
10-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Really think this will happen? No. Once they settle on a main cap, theyll start making more elite dungeons, items and revising old dungeons. Making the game more enjoyable. I guarantee it.
I'd have to agree here - especially since STS really only develops/maintains two games running (fortunately) the same engine. Time has shown that as long as people are still paying money to play, new content/level caps/etc will come out. Look at everquest. So many expansions youd need your hands and feet to count them, and it still has one of the largest playerbases of any mmorpg - pretty impressive for a 10+ yr old game. But people still pay, so the developers will still develop =)

I dont see STS stopping the content anytime soon.

Darkfader
10-01-2011, 01:54 PM

I agree with you and you really got the point what I mean.
I exactly mean what happens, WHEN THEY REACH MAIN CAP. This discussion wasn't supposed to be about when it happens or will it happen. It's sure it will happen on some day, but doubt anytime soon.

I would really hate as new player to know that "there's only 200 levels to go for max level, and when I reach it they hav developed 50 more levels to level up." Developing game forward forever is frustrating for new players who start playing later than beginning. As end result more of new players won't have interest to keep playing, and at same time old players stop playing, which means company income lower.

WoundedEagle
10-01-2011, 02:04 PM
I agree with you and you really got the point what I mean.
I exactly mean what happens, WHEN THEY REACH MAIN CAP. This discussion wasn't supposed to be about when it happens or will it happen. It's sure it will happen on some day, but doubt anytime soon.

I would really hate as new player to know that "there's only 200 levels to go for max level, and when I reach it they hav developed 50 more levels to level up." Developing game forward forever is frustrating for new players who start playing later than beginning. As end result more of new players won't have interest to keep playing, and at same time old players stop playing, which means company income lower.
I understand. I met some player in Demonic Archer Set that had 56 Crown and was level 61 with Shield of Hallows. They started playing 3 months ago.....
Look at Dark Forest. It is a dump. Last week I sent a huge letter to support about improvements to be made over time that are simple. I just wanted to give my two cents on the subject. :)

TANKKAAR
10-01-2011, 02:14 PM
From what i have heard multiple times the devs have everything planned out until level 100 and being 61 levels into it I'm sure they have devised more ways to kill us..lol .. But if you look at the current rate of expansions approx 5 levels approx every 6 mths and assume that 100 levels is all they have planned, that still gives another 8 expansions that could take anywhere up to 4 yrs to roll out...lol... For those of you that are worried because of this thread I would say you don't have any reason to get sad just yet :) as for what will happen when it's all over.... Only the devs know :)

Carth
10-01-2011, 02:30 PM
It will be sad when STS stops making expansions. It will be horrifying when STS shutdown the servers for both games.

But remember, all great things must come to an end.

EDIT: When they stop making expansions, the only option I see is to make alts and get them to max.

Xazic
10-01-2011, 02:34 PM
I so try not to even think about that miserable day... Relax for now people! That day is still far from this. (Hopefully never)

WoundedEagle
10-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Well guys. As long as that doesn't happen in the next 10 years, I can promise it. Because in 2 years I get out of Highschool. And I plan to go through the same thing Samhayne went through. School wise. I plan to work at STS if that makes any sense. Dreams are dreams but this is a plan. Hopefully it works out :)

Growwle
10-01-2011, 03:03 PM
You find something else to do, but as long as the devs get enough money to support their work, I don't see why they would stop.

WoundedEagle
10-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Nah. I wanted that career anyways.

Slush
10-01-2011, 03:44 PM
I don't see this happening for a loooong time. At the moment, the only was is up for STS.

starsavior
10-02-2011, 10:46 AM
The world will end. No joke.

PatsoeGamer
10-05-2011, 07:50 AM
DDO (Don't Doom Out)