PDA

View Full Version : Dodgepocalypse

Cinco
01-03-2017, 12:15 PM
Should it? Or rather... should I?

Befs
01-03-2017, 02:48 PM
Voted in favor of nerf :)

I hope it's at all levels for all classes but bird, since bird needs it.

Thinking about what I just said I say don't keep any gear with high dodge and the class with the most should be birdie.

Cinco
01-03-2017, 02:54 PM
When it happens it'll be across the board.
Not a surgical strike but a nuke.

XghostzX
01-03-2017, 03:21 PM
Cinco,

Your commitment to this game and community is incredible and we're all very grateful for it.

However, I really do advise that you be careful with how much you "nuke dodge." Birds still need dodge to be a viable class. Dodge is a huge factor in PL right now and I'm glad we're taking preliminary (hopefully these are only preliminary) steps to level the playing field. But please make sure that we do more good than harm -- as history has proven in this game, sometimes tweaking the stats across all levels has some serious negative consequences. I say this only because dodge isn't the only problem; there are imbalances with damage output.

Looks like Waug has also won this one, guys :)

GTS
01-03-2017, 03:27 PM
Can we nerf hit percentage at endgame too? 200-300% hit makes the -60% debuff from skills like blind, hellscream, etc. essentially useless.

tasakli
01-03-2017, 03:30 PM
Inb4 everyone getting 1 hit by birds.

Cinco
01-03-2017, 03:40 PM
Advising me to be 'careful' with balance changes is just adorable.

Boiled_35
01-03-2017, 03:42 PM

Oml is this really happening oml oml!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

octavos
01-03-2017, 03:43 PM

lol....lmfao....hahahhaaha.....

ok im done.....

hahahahahahahaha.

ok. now im done XD

XghostzX
01-03-2017, 03:52 PM

Why is that so difficult?

Cinco
01-03-2017, 04:04 PM
Why is that so difficult?

"..as history has proven in this game, sometimes tweaking the stats across all levels has some serious negative consequences.."

sebbyc
01-03-2017, 04:05 PM
I think dodge needs to be nerfed. My opinion is that birds right now need more than 8% dodge on arzac. Need to do a little more damage and have least amount of health. (Already have least amount of health so no problem there) birds combo needs to also work every time on ms. Because whenever it doesn't take down the ms you know your dead when facing mages. Mages need to have less dodge than birds. They should have medium amount of health (already have that) and should do a bit less damage (right now with magor mages are doing too much damage, in my opinion.) And bears should have less dodge than mages and have most health (already have) and they should do maybe a bit more damage. Also, root for birds need to have a better percentage or actually rooting because many times, bears and mages Just keep walking. And for foxes, Their dodge and health and damage should be in between birds and mages. Rhinos should have damage. Dodge, and health in between mages and bears.
Those are just my ideas. Please don't go crazy if you don't totally agree with me, because that's just what I think

Burningdex
01-03-2017, 04:17 PM
Woke up and saw this, gj waug. Thanskf for the commitment cinco!!

XghostzX
01-03-2017, 04:18 PM
"..as history has proven in this game, sometimes tweaking the stats across all levels has some serious negative consequences.."

Because I don't think cautious steps were taken to fixing the stats in the past?

Don't you remember when you guys disregarded some of the community's most well thought-out adjustments? We did all the work for you, yet you didn't listen.

If you don't remember, check this out: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?122775-Game-mechanics-and-equipment-a-thread-to-reform-PL-and-re-establish-class-balance

So please, spare me the "Pleasing the PL community is nothing more than a burden, so instead of having a mature conversation I'm going to reply with sarcasm and mockery," because that's the only attitude I'm getting from this.

Priorema
01-03-2017, 04:26 PM
I think dodge needs to be nerfed. My opinion is that birds right now need more than 8% dodge on arzac.

If cinco will nerf dodge on endgamr gears and leave (or buff arzac) bears will simply go full dex or just have 205 dex for arzac, those nasty animals always relied on dodge

humiiii
01-03-2017, 04:27 PM
Inb4 i get triple kill with one fire

Boiled_35
01-03-2017, 04:29 PM
Inb4 i get triple kill with one fire

Inb4 i get triple kill by one blast

Cinco
01-03-2017, 04:32 PM
We did all the work for you, yet you didn't listen.

Yeah. That's me. Not much of a listener.

++ Sarcasm :-P

TruePlayer
01-03-2017, 04:37 PM

Well i am a founder and had every set and items that the game have to offer. The problem is not dodge but its that new sets has the same dodge % unlike the old days where birds got more hit mage had more crit and nuke and bears has more dodge. Now warat arzac and magor all have the same dodge basicly making the mage op vs all class. I think we sould go back to r roots. Or make more combination of items sets to match game play. I have a mage myself and when vs a bear i can close my eyes play with one hand and still win so basicly its very unbalance. As for birds its a extinct class i think arzac is good but only for team play and to be honest there aint many good birds nomore maybe casue all have changed to mage.

Cinco
01-03-2017, 04:41 PM
This upcoming round will be about Dodge Chance, Hit and Crit % - and will affect core stats, derived statistics and the bonuses applied through equipment.
I expect to do a couple additional rounds subsequent to this (unless I get all bent out of shape - on account of being loco :-)

Spullllll
01-03-2017, 04:50 PM
honestly this dodge mess has gotten too out of hand. while yes i do agree dodge has become an op thing for mages but maybe just make the game like it used to be. Birds crit, bears dodge more than mages, and mages nuke and crit. I also have another suggestion please lower delay time on mana shield its really annoying and its the cause to most deaths

XghostzX
01-03-2017, 04:55 PM
Yeah. That's me. Not much of a listener.

++ Sarcasm :-P

Good luck with the stat changes :peaceful:

humiiii
01-03-2017, 05:01 PM
Spullll is right. Just make the game like before (before the 2012 or 2013 nerf i forgot) if you're not only going to nerf dodge

Mothwing
01-03-2017, 05:03 PM
Every time I begin to doubt STS, Cinco pulls his magic again.

This is huge Cinco we can't thank you enough.

sebbyc
01-03-2017, 05:24 PM
If cinco will nerf dodge on endgamr gears and leave (or buff arzac) bears will simply go full dex or just have 205 dex for arzac, those nasty animals always relied on dodge

True, but I think that 10% dodge would be ok for birds...

iceQueen69
01-03-2017, 05:30 PM
wow cinco u get my heart racing :]

PartayHat
01-03-2017, 05:55 PM
wow cinco u get my heart racing :]
Yea lol he is loco.

plpr
01-03-2017, 06:19 PM
Please don't ruin other levels! Thanks:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Priorema
01-03-2017, 06:21 PM
And fix bears' stomp double damage (as you ise beck and stomp, smash makes 3rd damage, and other combos for other classes doesnt)

Cinco
01-03-2017, 06:26 PM
Please don't ruin other levels! Thanks:)

I'm planning to ruin as few levels as possible... but that doesn't mean I'm not going to ruin your favorite level.

Burningdex
01-03-2017, 06:28 PM
As Ghost said: please be careful messing with stats again!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?122775-Game-mechanics-and-equipment-a-thread-to-reform-PL-and-re-establish-class-balance

Cinco
01-03-2017, 06:29 PM
These sorts of replies make me more and more reckless.

Just sayin'

Congeniality
01-03-2017, 06:33 PM
These sorts of replies make me more and more reckless.

Just sayin'

Sorry if my post came across as bitter, I honestly just meant it as good fun with Waug because he honestly didn't give up and that's pretty awesome, again sorry if it came off the wrong way.

Cinco
01-03-2017, 06:54 PM
It's all good! Love having a spirited forum discussion after my holiday. Nothing gets the blood flowing like a good PvP talk with PL Players!!! :-)

Today's efforts have included: dodge nerf on items, dodge nerf in statistic modifiers, changes to certain class skill cooldowns, and a few other odds and ends (that I've done in part, based on the epic forum posts referenced here).

Here's to an exciting 2017, my friends!!!

Fwend
01-03-2017, 07:22 PM
Please do Cino, I love that you care. Nerf Dodge, Hit % and Crit %.

All the seasonal updates, as well as end game new set bonuses and the addition of plat items you can now trade, older discontinued items now being plat purchasable proves that yes STS do care.
Despite all the negativity regarding the prices of items for plat.

The other day a bunch of people on PL where around JustG and trolling him in town complaining what they didn't like about the game and literally blamed Gary.
What was worse they all felt good about it and gloated about it on kik to their friends.

Cino, Gary the STS team there are many of us in the PL community that do appreciate all your efforts and love for PL.
Keep the updates and changes happening, keep listening to our community. We know you care as much as we all do.

ryanbemani1
01-03-2017, 08:10 PM

LMAO HAHA. Well said. But no offense to ghost at all. Please consider that ghost does have a valid point for sure. But dang you joker.

ryanbemani1
01-03-2017, 08:20 PM
I think dodge needs to be nerfed. My opinion is that birds right now need more than 8% dodge on arzac. Need to do a little more damage and have least amount of health. (Already have least amount of health so no problem there) birds combo needs to also work every time on ms. Because whenever it doesn't take down the ms you know your dead when facing mages. Mages need to have less dodge than birds. They should have medium amount of health (already have that) and should do a bit less damage (right now with magor mages are doing too much damage, in my opinion.) And bears should have less dodge than mages and have most health (already have) and they should do maybe a bit more damage. Also, root for birds need to have a better percentage or actually rooting because many times, bears and mages Just keep walking. And for foxes, Their dodge and health and damage should be in between birds and mages. Rhinos should have damage. Dodge, and health in between mages and bears.
Those are just my ideas. Please don't go crazy if you don't totally agree with me, because that's just what I think

Everything in agreement on my perspective here. I'll add some more too it and summarise.

A bird's dodge rates and damage is fine. Maybe slight increase in health and armour will do the trick if mages won't get a nerf at all. But considering that they will, mages most important nerfes as I mentioned in my previous post to one thread, should be dodge and damage. I am sorry but sometimes a bird doesn't even have time to take out the ms as they are dead right the first second they are in combat. As I also said previously, birds need a longer survival rate against mages. If that ms kicks in at some point, a bird no longer has its cruel blast if it takes it out and will not be able to take out the Mage as it is only dependent on its nuke and has to wait for it again, giving time for Mage to attack...quite a bit of time actually. The Mage has an advantage both before and after the use of ms. It's like they have two lives against birds. Also, if the bird fails to blast the ms, then I guess even if you try run to regain ur blast, time for your victory has long gone.
Lastly bears, as I also said previously they are totally fine. If I'd really tweak anything on a bear, it would be the damage they do, especially when using arzac considering they do high amounts of damage even when they are 55 percent str.

Congeniality
01-03-2017, 08:25 PM
Everything in agreement on my perspective here. I'll add some more too it and summarise.

A bird's dodge rates and damage is fine. Maybe slight increase in health and armour will do the trick if mages won't get a nerf at all. But considering that they will, mages most important nerfes as I mentioned in my previous post to one thread, should be dodge and damage. I am sorry but sometimes a bird doesn't even have time to take out the ms as they are dead right the first second they are in combat. As I also said previously, birds need a longer survival rate against mages. If that ms kicks in at some point, a bird no longer has its cruel blast if it takes it out and will not be able to take out the Mage as it is only dependent on its nuke and has to wait for it again, giving time for Mage to attack...quite a bit of time actually. The Mage has an advantage both before and after the use of ms. It's like they have two lives against birds. Also, if the bird fails to blast the ms, then I guess even if you try run to regain ur blast, time for your victory has long gone.
Lastly bears, as I also said previously they are totally fine. If I'd really tweak anything on a bear, it would be the damage they do, especially when using arzac considering they do high amounts of damage even when they are 55 percent str.

If mages don't dodge, Blast auto = dead mage. We would be going back to 76 cap balance but without str set insane damage in comparison to other sets.

plpr
01-03-2017, 08:53 PM
I'm planning to ruin as few levels as possible... but that doesn't mean I'm not going to ruin your favorite level.

Dammit, exposed.

slamm3dsoc13ty
01-03-2017, 09:03 PM
why care for pvp more then anything else currently? i have made suggestions about things u could add into this game that will make ot more enjoyable. yes mage class is OP. but 3pc arzac with blaster and warband can combat against a 4pc magor mage. and this has been proven by waug. buff the warband so it adds dodge for 3pc arzac set. even adding a 80 cap vanity would be good balance for mage vs mage pvp also reducing the account buying that pvp guilds do just to have the advantage over everyone else. im not saying to just give this to us, but to add a quest or adding a l81 cap that you have to get 350k xp like the 77 cap you had to get 300k xp just to get 2pc ring. str set for bears and 4pc arzac does need to be buffed. mages need armor to pvp. armor on mages is alot of the time what prevents a 4pc arzac bird from nuking a 4pc magor mage. also dodge is crazy on mage. dodge on mage does need to be nerfed a bit but not too much because that would turn everyone else away from pure int pvping. i find pure mage pvp really fun. Not because its op but because u have to have skills to be a pure int player in general, not just for l80 cap. during 77 cap 97% of mages that pvped were pallies. you had to have skills to be a pure int player. lust staff set could combat a 77 pally but it was very rare. but to be honest all in all. mages do need to be slightly "nerfed" but not "nuked"

SillyJuan
01-03-2017, 10:23 PM
I'd say just nerf dodge on magor a bit and give birds more health! BRING BIRDS BACK AGAIN

TruePlayer
01-03-2017, 10:55 PM
It's all good! Love having a spirited forum discussion after my holiday. Nothing gets the blood flowing like a good PvP talk with PL Players!!! :-)

Today's efforts have included: dodge nerf on items, dodge nerf in statistic modifiers, changes to certain class skill cooldowns, and a few other odds and ends (that I've done in part, based on the epic forum posts referenced here).

While you at it buff warat 2h sword more please it need be faster or atleast more hit ty;))). Cause it still suck so bad.

KingFu
01-03-2017, 11:58 PM
hi i join town except there are 4 bought acc goas flaming eachother

pls make lockable so i dont have to hear that

thx

Burningdex
01-04-2017, 12:04 AM
hi i join town except there are 4 bought acc goas flaming eachotherpls make lockable so i dont have to hear that

thx

Priorema
01-04-2017, 02:33 AM
And please, Cinco, do something with l40 and l71 bears. Specially at 71, its enough for bear to beck stomp to kill my mage. And as I said before, 71lv pvp is full of bears and nerfing their dodge and damage would bring more other classes to that lvl. I really enjoyed 71 pvp until bears' mania kicked in and I feel unsatisfied (if there's such a word), and it makes me to pvp at lower levels like 56, where pvp is ballanced and still active.

Burningdex
01-04-2017, 02:58 AM
definitely good time when devs gonna come back to pl pvp balance for 1-2 days then go back to another game, and for next 6 months ppls will keep complaining how last nerf caused 'something opest'

nvm dis is ongoing process and by 2017, pl pvp will be 'more balaced'
u called it

Onepropally
01-04-2017, 04:26 AM
In all seriousness, fix every levels pvp mistakes, even if you have to go to every levels specific problems; It'll just make the game better. But let's be honest here, another major problem is the lack of players. If what you are doing cinco is more good than harm, then unban all accounts on PL. I know it sounds crazy but also make account trading not against the rules lol you guys need to start thinking this way and when you do, you'll see PL come alive again. It'll be truely ...loco.

KingFu
01-04-2017, 04:44 AM
In all seriousness, fix every levels pvp mistakes, even if you have to go to every levels specific problems; It'll just make the game better. But let's be honest here, another major problem is the lack of players. If what you are doing cinco is more good than harm, then unban all accounts on PL. I know it sounds crazy but also make account trading not against the rules lol you guys need to start thinking this way and when you do, you'll see PL come alive again. It'll be truely ...loco.

Your ideas are bad and you should feel bad.

Bazinga!
01-04-2017, 06:19 AM
First thing I have to say is good job to Waug. Sometimes the arguments got frustrating but let's face it; if it wasn't for Waug's countless replies, most of the community wouldn't have been so actively involved, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have caught Cinco's attention.
If it's any consolation to Waug, my thread is literally useless now :p.

And of course thanks to Cinco for taking up this problem. This is perhaps one of the most exciting updates in my book.

Priorema
01-04-2017, 06:41 AM
Please fix 27 mages 40 bears 66-71 bears or just nerf their dodge because I cant play bird properly

Burningdex
01-04-2017, 07:04 AM
Please fix 27 mages 40 bears 66-71 bears or just nerf their dodge because I cant play bird properly
cant say much for 66-71

but 27 and 40 are perfectly balanced man, learn to play your class and stick with it

humiiii
01-04-2017, 07:58 AM
Im ok with the changes if 30-40 doesnt get modified :)

anahadaz
01-04-2017, 08:03 AM

Praying for rage cool down time to be lengthened...

Waug
01-04-2017, 08:12 AM

I should start by saying thanks alot, first off :)
Also thanks to the community who voted for good :P

Hopefully you're not talking about global cooldown, if not then it would be good if you could mention the names of the skills and the intention to increase or decrease the cooldown time [not even asking for rough estimate time, that would put abit more load on you :P) So that we could discuss OPENLY that how it would effect PvP.

I really do advise that you be careful with how much you "nuke dodge." .... But please make sure that we do more good than harm -- as history has proven in this game, sometimes tweaking the stats across all levels has some serious negative consequences.

As Ghost said: please be careful messing with stats again!

Don't doubt on Cinco, unlike a newer one, every one's favorite techno tried last time, I won't say that she failed but she did really some cool work on PL, Cinco is one of the original creator of PL & well aware of the core mechanics. :P Let's CHEER for cinco.
I think global dodge nerf along with scaled armor with damage and tuned up armor balance for every class can solve major and majority of the issues, at least it will create a smooth and more or less even arena for all.

If mages don't dodge, Blast auto = dead mage. We would be going back to 76 cap balance but without str set insane damage in comparison to other sets.

Mage has drain, which has more damage than blast of a full dex 3pc warband arzac blaster (3PC) set, along with the fact that mage get that damage equipping 4pc wand set, and mage has more crit, SO WHY NOT THE OPPOSITE, one drain auto = dead bird (saying to everyone who stated this in this thread), which seems to be more accurate but let me tell you a 3pc bird have to go through nearly full combo to kill a mage if not dodged in the current situation, but birds can get 2 hit kills if not dodged. TOP OF THAT let the dodge get nerfed then more armor can be provided to the weak class if necessary although I've already proposed to add armor to all that getting dodge nerf as compensation.

Bird still carrying the great nerf since 76, it's still nerfed was never buffed although Phoenix bow was kinda OP INFECT DODGE WAS ONE OF THE MAJOR fact behind the OPness of birds along with the fact that mage set fiery was weak in terms of armor and few other stats. SO 76 cap won't be repeated in any mean.

Priorema
01-04-2017, 08:28 AM
cant say much for 66-71

but 27 and 40 are perfectly balanced man, learn to play your class and stick with it
At 27, mages just drain light fire and my fox is dead, also saw how new mage with pink fb rekt reaper bear easily, 66-71 is the level, where bears are really op and they all came since 80lv cap isn't the place where they rule, I have a l66 mage, and I dont see anything fair neither balanced, then bear can just beck stomp sms me and says Gg Ez, as he rely only on dodge, I know my ranges, and as I cant even hit an ice nor drain successfully it's far away from balanced pvp. If you would stop at 71, you would see, that 95% of 71 "pvpers" are bears.Hope our Loco will take a look at 71lv, since my friends sold their 71 gears either and moved to twink lower levels :/

Reunegade
01-04-2017, 09:15 AM
doge should be buffed to where u swipe to doge like in pokemon go

Priorema
01-04-2017, 09:32 AM
doge should be buffed to where u swipe to doge like in pokemon go

Forget pokemon go, 1000°C glowing knife is coming

Ignitedmage
01-04-2017, 10:21 AM
Dammit those options in the poll, i wanna select all!

surfing
01-04-2017, 10:25 AM
Nerf 71 and 61 bear`?!?! :D:D

Cinco
01-04-2017, 10:49 AM
Here's a look at what's coming:

+ Reduced the amount of Dodge you get from items and item sets. Across the board, 50%.
+ Reduced the amount Hit% you get from items by 50% across the board (to balance with Dodge nerf).
+ Increased Damage statistics for 2h Elite weapons (specifically: Blaster, Staff, 2h Swords).
+ Small increase in Armor for STR-based shields (to make sense with other shield / weapon combos).

[Statistics]
+ Reduced the the amount that STR, DEX and INT contribute to Dodge for all Characters.
+ Reduced the amount that STR, DEX and INT contribute to Health Regeneration for all Characters.
+ Reduced the total maximum amount of armor mitigation by 10% for all Characters.
+ Reduced the amount of Hit Chance % contributed by STR, DEX and INT by ~30% for all Characters.
+ Reduced damage output in PvP by ~12%. Reduce PvP healing effectiveness by ~7% for all Characters.

[Abilities]
+ Increased the amount of Armor that Warriors get from Iron Blood. Reduce cooldown timer for Iron Blood as Rank Increases.
+ Reduced the cooldown time for Mana Shield as Skill Rank increases. Cooldown for Rank 9 Mana Shield is now 20sec.
+ Increased Crit% across the board for Archers' Focus skill. Also, slight reduction in cooldown time for Focus.
+ Reduced cooldown time for Paladin Regen ability as Rank increases. Rank 9 Regen cooldown is ~24sec.
+ Reduced cooldown time of Ranger's Fury ability as Rank increases. Rank 9 Fury cooldown is ~20sec.

[New Stuff]
+ Craft a new tier of super-Elite items by finding 'The Engineer' - a rare spawn in the Return of the Overlord campaign!
+ INTEX, STRAX and DEREX item recipes require [I]MAGOR, WARAT and ARZAC pieces (among other loot items).
+ You can also farm the Return of the Warlord bosses and the Psycho Shade to loot this new family of super-Elite items!
+ Or... locate the Elite Item Vendor to direct-purchase these items with Platinum.

Melikebear
01-04-2017, 11:22 AM
When will this update come?

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

Bazinga!
01-04-2017, 11:35 AM
I was excited about the stat changes, but now I'm just disappointed. I was afraid that this was going to happen. The [Statistics] and [Abilities] section are still okay. I cannot imagine the effect of it just yet. But I don't like the [Items] and the [New Stuff] sections at all.

[Items]: First of all, how would decreasing dodge and hit for all classes (items) equally help the situation any way? The problem is that all classes have the same dodge. (Or at least that is what I think it is).

[New Stuff]: I didn't expect this to come but now that it has been mentioned, I don't want it to come. Seriously, another upgrade to the end game sets? This would have ANOTHER huge impact on the economy and it would cause yet another imbalance. The L80 sets are so much better than the L75 sets that they are literally obsolete in L80 PvP. People prefer to wear the L80 purples and greens over the L75 sets. And now a new set is coming with even better stats.

Maybe I don't understand how this is going to work. If the implementation of this update hasn't started yet, could we please have a community discussion about it first?

Waug
01-04-2017, 11:54 AM
Seems to be really great changes, great decision to minimize hit % , dodge etc in a clever way, there are many changes all together, so it wouldn't really possible to calculate class balance without actually doing PvP in the the arena ;)

I'll show my true intent here in opposite the popular belief that I voice for bird only :p
Blaster, staff & 2h swords stats can't be balanced (inner balance in between these three 2h, not comparing with 1h)by increasing their stat all together, that's because blaster has high range benefit, staff less range benefit and swords says it all. Staff's armor should be bit more than the blaster, and 2h swords armor should be a bit more than the armor of staff. I took armor as an advantage here but can be something else but I'm not in favour of damage.

Also let me clear that I don't know if it's already done or not because I didn't try int and str 2h sets.

bglir
01-04-2017, 01:21 PM
Physical distance and link congestion to Server hosting organization, we will get a large ping even with the best configuration possible, so PvP balance won't ever be a reality for those living outside Server hosting country.

FOUNDERS HELM, Black dragon sets, Humania face, 3Pc ring contribute to the additional equations of the stats for end game players THAT causes 2PC and new players to feel unbalanced.

Good Luck Cinco on your journey to balance the unbalance, May the force be with you. :encouragement:

MightyMicah
01-04-2017, 01:56 PM
When it happens it'll be across the board.
Not a surgical strike but a nuke.

Good. Dodge should have never been used in big doses. It punishes skillful play. Nerf the crap out of it. Then we can move on from there. You're the best, Cinco!

PartayHat
01-04-2017, 02:16 PM
Good. Dodge should have never been used in big doses. It punishes skillful play. Nerf the crap out of it. Then we can move on from there. You're the best, Cinco!
Yea Dodge should nerfed so hard:)

humiiii
01-04-2017, 02:19 PM
Annd us twink players get punished because dumb endgamers keep complaining. These changes would be good if it was for endgame only. I regret voting yes. You nerfed my fav lvl (35) back in the time which RUINED all my enjoyment and now you are making it slower by reducing stats and pvp damage output. Please explain.

Cinco
01-04-2017, 02:26 PM
Please explain.

You first. And thanks for being so understanding :-P

Cinco
01-04-2017, 02:29 PM
I've gotten requests for a new CTF map - so I made one over the last couple of days.
It's got a different flow compared to other CTF maps and is loaded with powerups.

humiiii
01-04-2017, 02:36 PM

Me first? Just read all the changes, dont even have to explain lol. And i also said why im mad. Dont wanna be rude but did you even read?

Cinco
01-04-2017, 02:37 PM
Me first? Just read all the changes, dont even have to explain lol. And i also said why im mad. Dont wanna be rude but did you even read?

Only if you want me to take your feedback seriously. Up to you.

MightyMicah
01-04-2017, 02:45 PM

I've gotten requests for a new CTF map - so I made one over the last couple of days.
It's got a different flow compared to other CTF maps and is loaded with powerups.

I hate to be rude, but get rekt, humiiii.

If you want your criticisms to be taken seriously, at least try to describe them in a comprehensive manner. Furthermore, didn't these changes JUST take place? You wanna actually give some time testing them out before deciding they suck? That's how every video game works. Cinco has literally taken who knows how much time out of his schedule to help a dying game/community. He's working with us. So please relax a little and try to work with him.

Edit: I see that the changes are yet to go live.

humiiii
01-04-2017, 02:52 PM

2010-2012: 35 pvp is the best. Drain frost fire is enough to nuke another mage. Bears are balanced. Nobody complains.
After that, a nerf i didnt expect. Results: I have to change build and 35 pvp is slower than ever. Seems like i dont have dmg, and surprise? Bears are op. Thanks we have enough now to counter them with paw or head bracer.
What do I see now? Pvp damage output reduced by 12%? Heal reduced by 7%? And you think a mana shield cooldown reduction is going to balance that? My point: 35 pvp ( actually pvp levels from 10-45) are slow ( not dynamic at all). The pvp damage output reduction will make it even more slower, especially if hit is also reduced. All we ever wanted is that you bring back old twink pvp when you could actually do damage, when voodoo gear was good and when fights didnt last 10 years. Why are you nerfing damage pvp just why?? Please explain ( your turn this time). All the complains were about lvl 80 pvp and now you punish twink players who didnt ask anything... Mana shield reduction? Hmm why? So mages with good regen can stay alive till trump becomes smart? I dont get it Cinco, really I dont. And I dont speak for myself. Im quite known at 30-40 and had a discussion about this with many people.

humiiii
01-04-2017, 02:58 PM
I hate to be rude, but get rekt, humiiii.

If you want your criticisms to be taken seriously, at least try to describe them in a comprehensive manner. Furthermore, didn't these changes JUST take place? You wanna actually give some time testing them out before deciding they suck? That's how every video game works. Cinco has literally taken who knows how much time out of his schedule to help a dying game/community. He's working with us. So please relax a little and try to work with him.
I also hate to be rude.
My post clearly explained what was my point. Looks like some people here cant read. You talk about constructive posts? "get rekt humiii" well done mate

MightyMicah
01-04-2017, 03:06 PM
I also hate to be rude.
My post clearly explained what was my point. Looks like some people here cant read. You talk about constructive posts? "get rekt humiii" well done mate

Yes, your post was essentially, "Boo hoo, my twink is ruined, Cinco you suck!" That's not constructive. What if your twink is ruined because Cinco balanced things? You don't seem to want balance, though. You seem to just want your twink to still destroy. Mages wreck 35, that's nothing new to anybody. Maybe now Birds, Foxes, and Rhinos will stand a chance? Who knows? You don't because you haven't taken to the time to test and see.

Explain to us OBJECTIVELY why mage has been screwed. Then we will listen. "My twink got ruined" is not feedback. That's little more than a childish temper tantrum.

humiiii
01-04-2017, 03:11 PM
Yes, your post was essentially, "Boo hoo, my twink is ruined, Cinco you suck!" That's not constructive. What if your twink is ruined because Cinco balanced things? You don't seem to want balance, though. You seem to just want your twink to still destroy. Mages wreck 35, that's nothing new to anybody. Maybe now Birds, Foxes, and Rhinos will stand a chance? Who knows? You don't because you haven't taken to the time to test and see.

Explain to us OBJECTIVELY why mage has been screwed. Then we will listen. "My twink got ruined" is not feedback. That's little more than a childish temper tantrum.
Not going to argue with you. Im waiting for Cinco's answer since my post was directed to him. Please dont talk about things you dont know when all you play is bird and your class gets buffed.

Cinco
01-04-2017, 03:11 PM
Nerfing the damage is good for PvP in general - especially given the changes to the regeneration rates, dodge, hit and crit changes across the board.
Also, it's true: my focus is on endgame PvP and I will continue in this respect until I feel satisfied that things have been improved.

Consider leveling-up.

MightyMicah
01-04-2017, 03:12 PM
Not going to argue with you. Im waiting for Cinco's answer since my post was directed to him. Please dont talk about things you dont know when all you play is bird and your class gets buffed.

Oh, the irony...

humiiii
01-04-2017, 03:18 PM
Consider leveling-up.

Made my day. Thanks. Are you also a comedian?

Edit: leveling up? Not going to play a level that is based on gear. Oh and i forgot you stopped banning account buyers. 90% fake 3pcs rings owners, but the most important is to nerf whole pvp of course :)

Congeniality
01-04-2017, 03:39 PM

+ Reduced the amount of Dodge you get from items and item sets. Across the board, 50%.
+ Reduced the amount Hit% you get from items by 50% across the board (to balance with Dodge nerf).
+ Increased Damage statistics for 2h Elite weapons (specifically: Blaster, Staff, 2h Swords).
+ Small increase in Armor for STR-based shields (to make sense with other shield / weapon combos).

[Statistics]
+ Reduced the the amount that STR, DEX and INT contribute to Dodge for all Characters.
+ Reduced the amount that STR, DEX and INT contribute to Health Regeneration for all Characters.
+ Reduced the total maximum amount of armor mitigation by 10% for all Characters.
+ Reduced the amount of Hit Chance % contributed by STR, DEX and INT by ~30% for all Characters.
+ Reduced damage output in PvP by ~12%. Reduce PvP healing effectiveness by ~7% for all Characters.

[Abilities]
+ Increased the amount of Armor that Warriors get from Iron Blood. Reduce cooldown timer for Iron Blood as Rank Increases.
+ Reduced the cooldown time for Mana Shield as Skill Rank increases. Cooldown for Rank 9 Mana Shield is now 20sec.
+ Increased Crit% across the board for Archers' Focus skill. Also, slight reduction in cooldown time for Focus.
+ Reduced cooldown time for Paladin Regen ability as Rank increases. Rank 9 Regen cooldown is ~24sec.
+ Reduced cooldown time of Ranger's Fury ability as Rank increases. Rank 9 Fury cooldown is ~20sec.

[New Stuff]
+ Craft a new tier of super-Elite items by finding 'The Engineer' - a rare spawn in the Return of the Overlord campaign!
+ INTEX, STRAX and DEREX item recipes require [I]MAGOR, WARAT and ARZAC pieces (among other loot items).
+ You can also farm the Return of the Warlord bosses and the Psycho Shade to loot this new family of super-Elite items!
+ Or... locate the Elite Item Vendor to direct-purchase these items with Platinum.

Thank you for putting together such a comprehensive change to PL. I'm sure everyone in the community loves your dedication to the game, and we can't thank you enough for that. Also, thank you for putting in the small tweak of the Fury buff for foxes. Right when I think my class is lost, it is found again.. xD! Thank you!

Cinco
01-04-2017, 03:47 PM
Each level of the game has a spectacular reliance on gear stats. Some levels have good gear distribution while others are really awful :-)

XghostzX
01-04-2017, 04:16 PM
New CTF map? This is gonna be dope!

@Humii - Cinco is the master of roasting, I strongly suggest backing out now.

PartayHat
01-04-2017, 04:36 PM
New CTF map? This is gonna be dope!

@Humii - Cinco is the master of roasting, I strongly suggest backing out now.
Yea humii should literaly do that

Reunegade
01-04-2017, 05:11 PM
Wow this is actually really cool. I don't know if this should be here but can you make it so that there can be more than 2 teams in a CTF game? For example, what if we had like a 4-team CTF map with like 2 people on each team. It would look similar to the BSM CTF map except each of the four corners would be a flagpole for each team, and nearby would be a spawn area. That would be dope

Keep up the awesome work, we all (except humiii) appreciate the work you put in because of your love for this game.

iceQueen69
01-04-2017, 05:16 PM

[Items]

[Statistics]

but i thought you were nuking, not just doing a little careful trimming

XghostzX
01-04-2017, 05:17 PM
but i thought you were nuking, not just doing a little careful trimming

50% is pretty much a nuking in the work

iceQueen69
01-04-2017, 05:19 PM
50% is pretty much a nuking in the work

no i want 50 pvp dodge rates minus shadow sets :]

Fwend
01-04-2017, 05:50 PM
This fabulous! more items to farm, and those who choose to spend plat on the game can purchase those crafting materials with plat and trade them? I'm assuming.

And even more so those who use the Shadow Hunter's Elixir 75 plat have a chance of looting the crafted super elites as well as the standard bossed from the Overlord Return maps?
This will make farmers kill Gurgox2.0 and Overlord2.0 more now. We are so used to farming the mini bosses that spawn with the shadow essence elix and skipping the warlord bosses in map 4 ad 5.

Cinco thank you for being loco and keep at these new updates and ideas, STS is reviving our beloved game and I am buzzing with excitement.

GTS
01-04-2017, 06:04 PM
Hey cinco can you also make it so that cap vanities can be stashed if you earned them? Like crown of persistence can be stashed so other chars level 56 or higher can wear it, nuri shield level 61 or higher, mount fang armor level 66 or higher, monarch helm level 71 or higher, eye level 76 or higher, and golem level 77 or higher? This would be so cool and well deserved for the people who put time into getting the vanities.

Onepropally
01-04-2017, 06:20 PM
Make everything tradable(except cap vanities and founder)

Make Stomp for bears 12m range at L9

Make hell scream for bears 10m range at L9

Switch out a slash for a new skill for bear(preferably buff, endgame str bears will most definitely need it if you're going to "balance" endgame)

Make Taunt for bears increase health and armor

Please make bears as tanky as possibly fair as you can. I'd rather tank 3 mages or birds and pick them out one by one, rather than nuke a bird and then get nuked by a mage in a 1v2.

Reward your hard workers. Remember how you let everyone new to the game be able to cap 80 and STILL get 2pc/3pc just like for the players who capped 300k xp for their 2pc and 3pc. Reward them, it won't hurt unless you don't.

Bring back avengers vanity. Give new players a taste of something awesome that oldies used to enjoy so much before, and then work from 100% originally new ideas after that for vanity and gear it'll just decrease account buying.

Since we're gonna be crafting L80 sets, please make some type of super elite weapon like you did with 71 cap( esb ewt ems) maybe make difficult quests that grant rewards like the ichor bow in 71 but for 80.

Please please please please change up L80's gear rareness. I dislike seeing elites as regular gear. They're called elites for a reason. It would feel much right if it was like 71 cap. Pink endgame gear, elite weapon that fits with your endgame set. OR, get rid of all elites but magor warat and arzac. I hate seeing so many "elites" in the game as gear, it's just a huge eye sore.

Make mages more support-y. Less damage skills, MORE BUFFS. Like replace 1-2 skills with a buff skill. Maybe a dodge skill for mage, instead of giving them 40 dodge as a pure mage.

MAKE WHITE DRAGON SETS OBTAINABLE IN L80 MAPS!!! IT WONT HURT

On to my next idea, make towns larger. If you want a more connected community, make towns be able to hold 100-200 players in one town.

Make the trade window be able to hold 10 items at once. We have 7pc sets, freakin make it a 7 item trade.

Thank u all for ur time, I'll let u all know if I have anymore ideas

Cinco
01-04-2017, 06:29 PM
Totally.

also... buying Cabbage Patch doll, circa 1987 ... Sears exclusive. Will pay $$$$$ :-)

(and if you have one of those Yngwie Malmsteen cream colored Stratocasters, I'm also buying)

Cinco
01-04-2017, 06:31 PM
On a related note: we made it so that low-level PvP will not be affected by endgame arena multipliers. The first 20 levels of the game get a ~10% increase to damage to make matches faster and more fun. PL standard arena multipliers (10% damage reduction, 0% heal reduction) are in-place for levels 21 to 40. Slight damage and heal efficiency reductions begin at Level 51 and continue gradually through Level 80.

Burningdex
01-04-2017, 07:09 PM
Sounds good cinco, tysm!

on a sidenote, birds should get a damage buff in focus rather than hit%

Suentous PO
01-04-2017, 07:09 PM
Totally.

also... buying Cabbage Patch doll, circa 1987 ... Sears exclusive. Will pay $$$$$ :-)

(and if you have one of those Yngwie Malmsteen cream colored Stratocasters, I'm also buying)

Now that Coot and Crim are gone I'm the last person who understands what you just said. these kids staring at you like you just said where's the beef

Melikebear
01-04-2017, 07:21 PM
When will this update be live????

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

Priorema
01-04-2017, 07:23 PM
Make everything tradable(except cap vanities and founder)

Make Stomp for bears 12m range at L9
Make Taunt for bears increase health and armor

Please make bears as tanky as possibly fair as you can. I'd rather tank 3 mages or birds and pick them out one by one, rather than nuke a bird and then get nuked by a mage in a 1v2.

Bring back avengers vanity. Give new players a taste of something awesome that oldies used to enjoy so much before, and then work from 100% originally new ideas after that for vanity and gear it'll just decrease account buying.

Since we're gonna be crafting L80 sets, please make some type of super elite weapon like you did with 71 cap( esb ewt ems) maybe make difficult quests that grant rewards like the ichor bow in 71 but for 80.

Please please please please change up L80's gear rareness. They're called elites for a reason. It would feel much right if it was like 71 cap. Pink endgame gear, elite weapon that fits with your endgame set. OR, get rid of all elites but magor warat and arzac. I hate seeing so many "elites" in the game as gear, it's just a huge eye sore.

Make mages more support-y. Less damage skills, MORE BUFFS. Like replace 1-2 skills with a buff skill. Maybe a dodge skill for mage, instead of giving them 40 dodge as a pure mage.

MAKE WHITE DRAGON SETS OBTAINABLE IN L80 MAPS!!!

On to my next idea, make towns larger. If you want a more connected community, make towns be able to hold 100-200 players in one town. Do it. Just freaking do it. Don't ask why. Just don't.

Make the trade window be able to hold 10 items at once. We have 7pc sets, freakin make it a 7 item trade

Someone give this cat some milk, true words have been spoken

Onepropally
01-04-2017, 07:55 PM
Don't make a new speed set, but if you must, at least make these special somehow. I'd hate to see more people rage like when you had the same exact idea with elite rings

Cinco
01-04-2017, 07:57 PM
...these kids staring at you like you just said where's the beef

Indeed.

Where is it?

Where is the beef?

nenany
01-04-2017, 08:31 PM
Nice work cinco :)

nenany
01-04-2017, 08:34 PM
Thank you very much

bglir
01-04-2017, 08:55 PM
On a related note: we made it so that low-level PvP will not be affected by endgame arena multipliers. The first 20 levels of the game get a ~10% increase to damage to make matches faster and more fun. PL standard arena multipliers (10% damage reduction, 0% heal reduction) are in-place for levels 21 to 40. Slight damage and heal efficiency reductions begin at Level 51 and continue gradually through Level 80.

Founders Helm change the stats to 1 armour like other vanity's do so this players don't use it to there advantage in PvP only from low level to end game, making a more fair game.

HeyitsTubs
01-04-2017, 09:07 PM
And Cinco, I think you can acknowledge the fact that birds are pretty under paar for low level pvp....

Is there any boost that you would consider adding to make bird a more viable class for low level pvp?

bglir
01-04-2017, 09:12 PM
Fox and Rhino totally ruin the fun in CTF, making a new CTF map will just ends up loosing people interest in playing ctf again after Players gets easily frustrated and bored experiencing fox or rhino joining ctf match.

HeyitsTubs
01-04-2017, 09:15 PM
Fox and Rhino totally ruin the fun in CTF, making a new CTF map will just ends up loosing people interest in playing ctf again after Players gets easily frustrated and bored experiencing fox or rhino joining ctf match.

take it easy speedy gonzales....

Cinco cant just snap his fingers and be like "spoof!" "There's ya new CTF map!"

1 wish at a time and be reasonable.

TruePlayer
01-04-2017, 09:48 PM
Nerfing the damage is good for PvP in general - especially given the changes to the regeneration rates, dodge, hit and crit changes across the board.
Also, it's true: my focus is on endgame PvP and I will continue in this respect until I feel satisfied that things have been improved.

Consider leveling-up.

Just listen to trueplayer all will be rite.
(Make 2h warat sword more op)

Kurvy
01-04-2017, 10:05 PM
Made my day. Thanks. Are you also a comedian?

Edit: leveling up? Not going to play a level that is based on gear. Oh and i forgot you stopped banning account buyers. 90% fake 3pcs rings owners, but the most important is to nerf whole pvp of course :)

Dont be rude to cinco...hes spent alot of time and money on this game in the past few months. And you can sit there and whine about something you havent even tested out. Childish

humiiii
01-05-2017, 12:14 AM

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy thought you didnt consider what i said

Onepropally
01-05-2017, 12:16 AM
Change charge and the foxes kicks for new skills rather than being able to dash. Maybe give rhino another buff or new ultimate damage skill? Maybe give fox some type of "avain scream" to remove stuns

bglir
01-05-2017, 12:44 AM
take it easy speedy gonzales....

Cinco cant just snap his fingers and be like "spoof!" "There's ya new CTF map!"

1 wish at a time and be reasonable.

Mr speedy gonzales can you read?? can You understand what i wrote there??? does my sentence seems i am demanding change and expecting change immediately?? this is a discussions and i know what to request and what to demand is, and is my discussion is unreasonable? this is a forum where everyone is free to discuss and point out the flaw and chip in ideas to help dev iron out the details, its up to cinco to accept it or not, should i voice out the problems after the change?? why should you can voice out your concerns and i cannot??? My POST ISN'T A REQUEST, LIKE YOU I ALSO WANTED TO POINT OUT AND WANTED TO DISCUSS ABOUT THE PROBLEM THAT PVP PLAYERS WERE FACING.

HAVE SOME RESPECT AND LEARN TO READ CAREFULLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

iceQueen69
01-05-2017, 04:47 AM
SPECIAL ELITE ITEM SET BONUSES! Achieve untold power when you combine three Elite ARZAC, MAGOR or WARAT items!!

-- Equip the WARAT Mynas Helm, Cyber Armor and Psyborg Sword to get +5 to all Stats, +5 to Damage, +30 to Armor
-- Equip the MAGOR Khafra Helm, Cyber Armor and Psyber Staff to get +5 to all Stats, +20 to Damage, + 15 to Armor
-- Equip the ARZAC Scorpion Helm, Cyber Rmor and Psycho Blaster to get +5 to all Stats, +30 to Damage, +5 to Armor

Hey Cinco,

I don't believe the bolded item set to be working correctly. There are no bonus stats (and no visible set bonus) from wearing those three items together. It'd really help out bow users if we got that extra damage!! I know there's a set bonus for having the overlord's warband with this, but from my understanding of the quoted post that is a separate bonus.

thx ilysm

Waug
01-05-2017, 07:01 AM
Hey Cinco,

I don't believe the bolded item set to be working correctly. There are no bonus stats (and no visible set bonus) from wearing those three items together. It'd really help out bow users if we got that extra damage!! I know there's a set bonus for having the overlord's warband with this, but from my understanding of the quoted post that is a separate bonus.

thx ilysm

EL oh EL.
You get more set bonus than that.
It was increased further at the time of fest update, JustG's post kinda got ancient.

Make sure every item is arzac.

Just because, fox & rhino can make things frustrating sometime doesn't mean there's should not be a new map, I think. Although there are many maps and nothing comes close to Forest Fight and rockwall forte but why not, if there any interesting map can get popular.

You're talking about Fox and rhinos that's fine but it's kinda hard to see one in ctf and having a team of 3 mages is way more common and frustrating than having a fox, three mages keep healing and reviving each other, that may not look frustrating as you're probably used to it? 3 mage team makes a invincible team current time.

There's not much can be done with fox and rhinos to be honest, because you can't nerf their speed and make em normal speed because it's the basic of thier class, nor you can provide speed to everyone, although it can be done if community want and cinco hinted about new speed set but then I think pvp community will complain about it mostly on arena or ctf.

There's a good point - Dodge is getting nerfed, so it will be hard for em to escape from your stunning/rooting/icing skill much.

Cinco
01-05-2017, 09:31 AM
Thanks for participating in the poll!