PDA

View Full Version : Guild/School for Newbies?

Shellkaz
10-01-2011, 11:03 AM
Ok I guess I'm tired of hearing people being called Noob because they don't meet someone's expectations. I don't like it especially when its used as an insult. Just because a player is new and maybe never had the opportunity to learn how to use their skills is no reason to insult them.

I'm considering starting a guild for New players. IE: an experienced player will go into a low level dungeon with them and offer them tips and assistance on how to play their class. This would NOT be for power leveling. I would be there as, well a coach and Ummmm, Life support. :-)

Example: as a lvl 51 mage I can pretty much guarantee that a person won't die if I'm with them on a FH run and can step in if the mobs are overwhelming.

I have the Plat, that's not an issue. I've been with a few pugs that have been amazing, I've been with a lot that are less than stellar. LOL Mostly because I think that everyone is focusing on what level a person is and not how well they play. I'm looking for either Experinced players to help out or Who are willing to Show me what Each of their skills do. Yeah I've read the guides but I don't run a Bear or Bird. And mostly players Blaze through a map so fast you miss half the action.

I'm also mostly asking if anyone thinks that this would be of any use? Like I said Plats not the issue but I don't want to waste it either.

Questions, comments, words of wit, wisdom and humor appreciated. :-D

Pakax
10-01-2011, 11:23 AM
While i think this is a good idea, i would say it doesnt require a guild.
Just go in thoses games and help. I have helped a few in my time but ultimately some players will get frustrated and call someone a noob. It just happens with every multiplayer game. Ive been called a noob when i was 60! If u do create a guild, it is 1) going to be hard for you to lvl up, 2) keep people in your guild long term and thereby build trust and friendship.
A suggestion would be: when you get to 61 with your main toon, create another one and help/coach people as you grind ur way up.

Good luck in making that decision

Suentous PO
10-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Good idea, and kudos for altruism, but as Pakax says no guild needed. Kinda fits into the whole "we are all guardians" mentality where we do well by each other " just because"