PDA

View Full Version : My opinion on Tradable Items

lakersrockftw
01-05-2017, 05:38 PM
I really don't want to be greedy or sound selfish, but here's my standpoint on vanities being tradable.

1) All the people who had cap items from Humania, Fang, Nuri, Sewer don't have their exclusive cap items anymore as they can be dealt to anyone.

2) You can make unlimited 3pc and 2pc rings now making it unfair for those who actually went through and capped. (Especially the 3pc)

3) People spent real money on most the vanities and now people who are new can obtain them for free.

4) Lastly this one hurts the most :( , you can't differ the new and old players anymore since a player who joined in 2015 could have 3pc and angel when he wasn't even there in the maps.

This was a very bad idea in my opinion, what do you guys think?

-Lakersrockftw

lakersrockftw
01-05-2017, 05:41 PM
:3

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

George Clooney
01-05-2017, 05:58 PM
You can't get anything for free, you still pay gold to get it, it just completely changes the economy, not necessarily ruins it. See I'm pissed because my uncrafted black armor means so little now, but that's a different story :(

XghostzX
01-05-2017, 06:10 PM
@lakers -- to answer your last question, all STS would have to do is just reward old players with a new vanity (basically a new type of founders, a 5pc reward, etc) and make it nontradeable

lakersrockftw
01-05-2017, 06:17 PM
You can't get anything for free, you still pay gold to get it, it just completely changes the economy, not necessarily ruins it. See I'm pissed because my uncrafted black armor means so little now, but that's a different story :(
Ya that's very tough especially with items like black dragon armor :/.

lakersrockftw
01-05-2017, 06:19 PM
@lakers -- to answer your last question, all STS would have to do is just reward old players with a new vanity (basically a new type of founders, a 5pc reward, etc) and make it nontradeable
That would be nice if they would do that. Would at least differentiate between old and new players. At the point we are right now, someone could of joined during 2016 and still have a 3 pc.

yannjoel
01-05-2017, 07:21 PM
At least all old player can get alot gold by selling there old cap items

plpr
01-05-2017, 07:53 PM
Even if they add new stuff ppl will just trade it for super op prices. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PartayHat
01-05-2017, 08:19 PM
Yea looool...

Congeniality
01-05-2017, 08:23 PM

Yes plz, so sad to see so many new players looking like old players. Sorta feels out of place to me...

Suentous PO
01-05-2017, 08:52 PM
Bad decision on their (his?) part.
The thing is that sts themselves set the precedent to have old players be rewarded with exclusive items, they have stated that several times over the years. I was all for everybody having access to items that have stats as that changed game play, as long as they left my exclusive things alone.
It's not like al where mostly everything has always been tradeable. Nice that it screwed the black market some (not completely btw) but it sucks that anyone could look like me after years that being my reward for playing well for so long.
After the gold influx from xmas the things I could sell are worth so little.
Glad I jumped ship a while ago lol

Sheugokin
01-06-2017, 01:15 AM
The thing is that sts themselves set the precedent to have old players be rewarded with exclusive items, they have stated that several times over the years. I was all for everybody having access to items that have stats as that changed game play, as long as they left my exclusive things alone.
It's not like al where mostly everything has always been tradeable. Nice that it screwed the black market some (not completely btw) but it sucks that anyone could look like me after years that being my reward for playing well for so long.

There is that age old question: do we consistently reward players who have been say 5 years with the STG (in that case, only accounts older than 5 years can get the rewards) or should we make attaining them easier? I really think that the latter would demolish the whole notion of "elite," but if we constantly make vanities unattainable for the general public then the black market thrives like never before. Also, there would be a huge upset community because everyone wants that COP or that Mount Fang Armor.

I really think STG thought out the pros vs the cons of this update. I don't know if this reflects the general public of PL, but I think many are generally happy with the update. (Me, I am torn...I have some very valuable vanities, but I do want some :) ) Sure Sue, there still may be a black market, but I am sure it has died down a lot (I am pretty sure that name-buying is still a thing).

lakersrockftw
01-06-2017, 03:19 AM
My problem also comes with how everyone has a 3 pc now, even if they only capped once.. They patched it, but it was kinda late in the game.

Priorema
01-06-2017, 07:13 AM
I feel how oldies feels, I play since 2012, but nevet capped and wob't prolly (unless farmer only), and my angel is so useless now, everyone have it and I dont feel somehow special anymore :(

MightyMicah
01-06-2017, 07:24 AM
Hmm, here's my personal points on the matter:

1. The game is dead
2. The game is dying
3. The developers are putting forth effort to try and fix it. It may stomp on some toes, but I, for one, like the direction they're heading with things so far. All the exclusivity of items has been killing this game in many ways.

Suentous PO
01-06-2017, 07:41 AM
Hmm, here's my personal points on the matter:

1. The game is dead
2. The game is dying
3. The developers are putting forth effort to try and fix it. It may stomp on some toes, but I, for one, like the direction they're heading with things so far. All the exclusivity of items has been killing this game in many ways.

Disagree with you there. Exclusivity of items didn't "kill" the game, the announcement that they were not going to update the game did.

MightyMicah
01-06-2017, 07:50 AM
Disagree with you there. Exclusivity of items didn't "kill" the game, the announcement that they were not going to update the game did.

I didn't say that killed the game though, lil' PO. You gotta stop misrepresenting my statements. I said it's been killing the game in many ways. I believe it has. Perhaps you believe differently. Isn't it great that we can disagree about stuff?

We can agree on stuff too, though! For example, I do agree with you that the announcement about no further updates very much so pushed forward the death of the game.

Iheybeautiful
01-06-2017, 11:20 AM
Crazy idea cuz cant sleep
Maybe they made everything tradeable because they want to start fresh with the game without losing alot of players and actually achieve the goal of level 100 while releasing exclusive vanities ( non tradeable ) along the way?

3pc
01-06-2017, 11:33 AM
Smart idea they should come up with something else for the old players we worked hard and now a 2017 player rolls in and is as good as us.

Suentous PO
01-07-2017, 08:55 AM
I didn't say that killed the game though, Stud

Mkay..........

All the exclusivity of items has been killing this game in many ways.

MightyMicah
01-07-2017, 09:03 AM
Mkay..........

Killing does not equal killed, lil' PO. But I forgive your mistake :)

CrimsonTider
01-07-2017, 09:25 AM

You are completely missing the point. Gold means nothing when someone's "word" is broken. Those of us who actually spent time, and some money, to attain these "rare" and "unique" items have continuously watched as STS gives in to bring in new players, when the game would have thrived by simply keeping the game updated and fresh. These items no longer distinguish player "generations" and the ability to trade them now opens a new door to scams and further market control by those with the most gold.

I am certain the PvP whining is a big part of this because the ring argument only applies there and not in PvE, correct?

Just another reason why I will never come back to play.

Ruby!!!
01-07-2017, 11:07 AM
You are completely missing the point. Gold means nothing when someone's "word" is broken. Those of us who actually spent time, and some money, to attain these "rare" and "unique" items have continuously watched as STS gives in to bring in new players, when the game would have thrived by simply keeping the game updated and fresh. These items no longer distinguish player "generations" and the ability to trade them now opens a new door to scams and further market control by those with the most gold.

I am certain the PvP whining is a big part of this because the ring argument only applies there and not in PvE, correct?

Just another reason why I will never come back to play.
Hey Crim! :)

I do like that the update ends all disillusion with a bang, that they didn't exclude founder or anything cause this way it is clear that you are right, there is nothing exclusive or rare about it

IMO playing now feels like watching a remake of a show you used to love it is the same somehow but it doesn't feel like it at all

I prefer them being open and saying 'trade everything, nothing matters' to the slow poisonous state it was before

And for PvP yeah all changes are for PvP if there was something for pve it would address that maps are empty as hell but I guess farmers are less vocal about stuff

Brave Sir Robin
01-07-2017, 01:23 PM

My friend, your reward is the absolute respect from everyone involved in Pocket Legends, both in-game and on forums. This cannot be bought or taken away. Not to mention that it goes beyond the game.

The same goes for Crimson. And others.

Sure, broken promises suck. And it sucks that anyone can look like you now. But in my opinion, it sucks even more when people can look like you having obtained all gear in the black market.

Finally, I also believe that there should be some sort of official recognition for valuable community members like you, who have supported non-stop the game since they joined and are always helpful, positive and constructive. Even to complete strangers - like myself when I first joined the forums. But again, this is just my opinion.

XghostzX
01-07-2017, 03:41 PM
My friend, your reward is the absolute respect from everyone involved in Pocket Legends, both in-game and on forums. This cannot be bought or taken away. Not to mention that it goes beyond the game.

The same goes for Crimson. And others.

Sure, broken promises suck. And it sucks that anyone can look like you now. But in my opinion, it sucks even more when people can look like you having obtained all gear in the black market.

Finally, I also believe that there should be some sort of official recognition for valuable community members like you, who have supported non-stop the game since they joined and are always helpful, positive and constructive. Even to complete strangers - like myself when I first joined the forums. But again, this is just my opinion.

Nicely said.

Suentous PO
01-07-2017, 03:59 PM
Killing does not equal killed, lil' PO. But I forgive your mistake :)

No mistake, I'm disagreeing with your hyperbole that exclusivity was a problem

MightyMicah
01-07-2017, 05:10 PM
No mistake, I'm disagreeing with your hyperbole that exclusivity was a problem

Nope, actually, lil' PO, you were trying to point out an inconsistency in my statements. That's why you quoted both of them in your last comment. But it's ok, we all make mistakes. The good news is that I'm always willing to forgive them :)

Kaidai
01-07-2017, 07:48 PM
Selfishness and self-gratification is the reason why oldies keep on complaining about the latest update.

Ignitedmage
01-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Selfishness and self-gratification is the reason why oldies keep on complaining about the latest update.

I have joined on balesmoke cap and my items worth nothing but 500k, but still i am complaining about this update, any reason for me?

Burningdex
01-08-2017, 09:16 AM
What robin said sue^

hi crim!

Buchmeister
01-08-2017, 11:42 AM
1. Who really cares? If you want to keep your old vanities, keep them.

2. I heard you can only get 2 from Prince, idk about unlimited. L1 3pc rings are a huge problem though.

3. Free isn't the right word, but I guess this is an issue. STS is hunting down acc buyers the best they can.

4. Same as the first "issue". Who really cares? Just go and play. I'm friends with oldgens and newgens, and none of them really give a crap about who played longer. What matters is we're all playing now.

Also have you seen how many people are online? This is a great step for PL.

MightyMicah
01-08-2017, 04:39 PM

Honestly, I do understand why they're upset. As someone who started in 2010, I really do. However, I tend to agree with you. I think these updates are benefiting the game as a whole, and they're focusing more on themselves and what they've lost. They need to broaden their perspective a bit, I'd say. But again, I do understand the frustration. It sucks to work hard and earn something only to have it made available to everyone. A broken promise is tough to justify, even in a game. Though, personally, I'd be chill with them breaking promises all day if PL got improved with each broken promise.

Mennddoza
01-08-2017, 06:05 PM
I really don't want to be greedy or sound selfish, but here's my standpoint on vanities being tradable

This was a very bad idea in my opinion, what do you guys think?

-Lakersrockftw

Bad idea or not. This update is set in stone and far from irreversible. Do the best with what you got is my honest humble opinion.

Caztori
01-09-2017, 02:21 AM

Totally agree and I'm one of them. Having founders was a big advantage before this update, but now can anyone have the same gear as I do. Despite this, I have to admit this is a great update for the game itself. So overall, I am positive to the changes.

The problem has been there hasn't been any better items released after Founder's etc. I think you should always be able to get the best possible gear whenever you start to play the game. I like the idea of rewarding old players, but maybe give things that does not change gameplay such as titles etc?

lakersrockftw
01-10-2017, 03:14 PM
I really don't want to be selfish at all. I'm glad there's a lot of players playing the game and how vanities are revolving around the game. This displays things that you never saw around that were stashed inside people's inventory. Earlier I saw someone wearing a DROID Antenna, something I haven't seen for years! This was not my initial problem, it's just I think there should be some reward for spending time earlier in the game compared to now. I spent money and a lot of time capping running boring lost valley for hours trying to level after I ran out of plat. I just wish that was worth more as its literally going for 100k or less in cs. Regardless I am glad they found a way to bring back tons of players to the game!

Suentous PO
01-10-2017, 04:15 PM
Nope, actually, lil' PO, you were trying to point out an inconsistency in my statements. That's why you quoted both of them in your last comment. But it's ok, we all make mistakes. The good news is that I'm always willing to forgive them :)

No *insert passive agressive nickname* , once again I was disagreeing with your hyperbole that exclusivity "killed or is killing" pl

Cinco
01-10-2017, 04:37 PM
Should be clear by my actions that I believe all the integrity associated with any of our no-trade items went out the window the very second the first PL account was bought/sold on the black market.