PDA

View Full Version : PvE Tank Question - Str vs Dex

Druc
06-28-2010, 03:40 PM
I've finally leveled my bear into Thoth gear and I'm thinking of a respec and just wondering which way people take their bears for Stats? I'm not a PvPer so just looking to stay as a PvE Tank

At this moment my base stats without armor/buffs are:
134 Str
55 Dex
16 Int (Initially put this in for 1 M/s at lower levels which is pointless now, will sink this back into Str)

I have a feeling that the Str is too low... I did a quick run or two on my lunch and got wiped out a couple times and it didn't seem to happen when I was running Zombie gear (guess that H/s did help! :D) I'm thinking of perhaps doing the 2 Thoth and 2 Zombie option just to balance it as well but not sure. Since I am fairly new to the tank world and do enjoy playing him do you guys have any feedback?

Banned
06-28-2010, 05:41 PM
I think you should invest enough points in STR to use your gear, and the remaining points should go into DEX. Dodge bears are pretty hard to kill when evasion and iron blood are up. And I recommend doing the Zombie/Thoth set up, it's a good balance between h/s and m/s.

Druc
06-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Thanks Banned, kind of what I was thinking as well. With pumping stats into Dex I was worried that this does drop the meat shield-y goodness that Str gives and drops the overall hitpoints. I've found that I get knocked around pretty bad when Evasion is cooling down and not active for the ten/twenty seconds. But also not sure how much that extra bit of HP would really matter during that time....

Banned
06-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Thanks Banned, kind of what I was thinking as well. With pumping stats into Dex I was worried that this does drop the meat shield-y goodness that Str gives and drops the overall hitpoints. I've found that I get knocked around pretty bad when Evasion is cooling down and not active for the ten/twenty seconds. But also not sure how much that extra bit of HP would really matter during that time....

I don't think that bit of HP is much of a loss. I have a full DEX tank (shiv and wing), and it's nearly impossible for anything to kill me in PvE, even with only 307 HP. So that increase in dodge should be alot more helpful in comparision to the extra HP. Plus, once your buffs are off, your health is going to be taken down quickly no matter how much HP you have at that point (boss fights of course), but if you have decent dodge, they should be missing quite a bit.

I say, the more DEX, the better.