PDA

View Full Version : The Droid Event

Xaphan Fox
10-01-2011, 04:14 PM
So lemme get this straight:

We have an event that has us stand around, not playing the game (dungeons, farming, etc...),waiting for a droid that appears from base to base.

Love the fact that after under an hour of waiting, a droid cook spawns for literally 5 seconds, wave twice and get nothing.

Guess I should wait around, incubating my thumb a little longer.

Sorry devs... Love you guys. Fantastic game that I love supporting, but this event leaves me a bit wanting lol. Any event that has you standing around not doing anything waiting for the lightning strike should never have made it off paper lol.

Testament

Gluttony
10-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Yes, that's basically how it is. STS is at an event where they are promoting SL, they would like to get as many players in game as possible and one way they are planning to accomplish this is to offer a vanity item for those who are willing to stay logged in and get a shot at it. It seems like a sound tactic to me, but sorry that you feel it's a waste of your time or a failed idea. With the right guild/friends/tactics you can still go on runs and wait for notification that the droid is indeed in town. Otherwise, just sit and chat while time passes and your golden opportunity comes.

Perhaps you can redeem this thread and give STS your ideas of how to get players in game...

Xaphan Fox
10-01-2011, 04:26 PM
yeah simple. Waving and receiving nothing should "never happen"

A droid spawning for a mere 5 seconds "should never happen"

An event where the main focus is waiting around doing nothing "should never happen"

If you wave, you receive an item.

Droids spawn more often and should never despawn that fast. I should never be afraid to avert my eyes from game for fear I'll miss something I am obediently waiting for.

Droids should have just been rare spawns in dungeons like the Tickler.

BurnYugo
10-01-2011, 04:32 PM
So lemme get this straight:

We have an event that has us stand around, not playing the game (dungeons, farming, etc...),waiting for a droid that appears from base to base.

Love the fact that after under an hour of waiting, a droid cook spawns for literally 5 seconds, wave twice and get nothing.

Guess I should wait around, incubating my thumb a little longer.

Sorry devs... Love you guys. Fantastic game that I love supporting, but this event leaves me a bit wanting lol. Any event that has you standing around not doing anything waiting for the lightning strike should never have made it off paper lol.

Testament

Big +1
I just loled when i learned how to get the vanity, staying in town and waiting all night....
I'm very disappointed about this event.

GigaBits
10-01-2011, 04:32 PM
From what I understand from their other game, and I mean no offense to anyone here, if you wait long enough the chef hat will be a daily deal for plat:p

Jk jk, I only agree on this cause I AM a chef and cant get a chef hat for working all weekend...

Cytokinesis
10-01-2011, 06:22 PM
ok. if u dont wanna get a vanity item, then dont. no one is asking u to do this

mike1298
10-01-2011, 06:40 PM
It doesn't take all night. I got all 4 items in 15 minutes.

JazzBlue
10-01-2011, 07:19 PM

you're very fortunate. I had to keep hanging out in blackstars for over 5 hours. It was kind of nice to just stand around and chat with some friends, as when I'm in runs, there's not much time for in depth conversation, but overall, this event was just a bit too much of a "wait for the luck to hit you" event with little gained. Sure the items look cute, but worth an entire afternoon on a weekend? meh...

I agree that this could have been a lot more fun as a "hide & seek" or "scavenger hunt" type of affair where you had to crawl all over the game looking for the pieces, then go turn them in with a droid. Additionally, the BBQ tools shouldn't just be a vanity, but an actual weapon. The in game usability of these could go a long way towards making up for lost time with players that had to invest a substantial amount of time and effort into acquiring them.

I love the game, and I'm having a ton of fun with it, and the android chefs were cute, but it was a ridiculously long time to wait around doing mostly nothing.

I hope the BBQ event in Austin went well! Wish I could have been there, but that's a loooong drive from Ohio.

krazii
10-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Yea, this one is really luck if you find Droid. Too many things to do to just wait in BS. Wish they would post times Droids will be on so we can arrange to login!

Kakatoa91
10-02-2011, 12:37 AM
I waited...
Try to find droids...
Stay logged...

And finally...

Fall asleep in bed...
I hate time zone difference.
:(

Ephemeris
10-02-2011, 12:56 AM
While not a definite recipe for success (no pun intended), I found that setting my level filter to "UCS Blackstar" and joining (and re-joining) instances with higher populations (i.e., 20-24) seemed to speed the process up greatly. If I joined and didn't see a character with a name in red font right away, I moved on to the next high-population instance. Also, Droid Griller has been accepting friend requests; add him (hopefully he'll reciprocate) and you can join his games (provided that you're not an iOS user) as he traverses the various instances. Hopefully this method will yield a Chef's Hat for you a little faster. :)

Register
10-02-2011, 09:15 AM
As said before, this isnt worth a weekend afternoon. Time zones really make it hard on some players...i think a bettet idea would be long in game quests for the items. That way EVERYBODY has a chance for them. This isnt just one item; its four that somebody can miss out on somethibg that they cant do anything about. Bad on all ios users as well. Join button is broken; fix it. If that is intentional, then all i have to say is worst idea ever.

starsavior
10-02-2011, 09:49 AM
I was awake right before the event began then fell asleep woke up logged on and of course I missed out.

starsavior
10-02-2011, 09:54 AM

you're very fortunate. I had to keep hanging out in blackstars for over 5 hours. It was kind of nice to just stand around and chat with some friends, as when I'm in runs, there's not much time for in depth conversation, but overall, this event was just a bit too much of a "wait for the luck to hit you" event with little gained. Sure the items look cute, but worth an entire afternoon on a weekend? meh...

I agree that this could have been a lot more fun as a "hide & seek" or "scavenger hunt" type of affair where you had to crawl all over the game looking for the pieces, then go turn them in with a droid. Additionally, the BBQ tools shouldn't just be a vanity, but an actual weapon. The in game usability of these could go a long way towards making up for lost time with players that had to invest a substantial amount of time and effort into acquiring them.

I love the game, and I'm having a ton of fun with it, and the android chefs were cute, but it was a ridiculously long time to wait around doing mostly nothing.

I hope the BBQ event in Austin went well! Wish I could have been there, but that's a loooong drive from Ohio. I actually started a group of like 10 people who chanted DROID over and over and we like made a triangle and 'sacrificed' a willing noob. Lol

iOSJake
10-02-2011, 12:10 PM
From what I understand from their other game, and I mean no offense to anyone here, if you wait long enough the chef hat will be a daily deal for plat:p

Jk jk, I only agree on this cause I AM a chef and cant get a chef hat for working all weekend...

Is there any chance that this will actually happen? I am a collector and this event is very frustrating :-(

Can someone post the description for the Chef Hat?

Gluttony
10-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Can someone post the description for the Chef Hat?

Chef Hat - Wear this when you're BBQing for serious!

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/5356/img1072.png

BBQ Brush - Mmmmm, paint more tastiness on the BBQ!
BBQ Fork - Don't poke your eye out!
BBQ Tongs - Grills are still hot in Space. Use your tongs!

Evocati
10-02-2011, 02:38 PM
God awful event, never seen such neglect and bad planning in a mmo. Would never recommend this game or one of their others after this travesty. Five hours standing around and no one shows up, yet the little event droid is still there?? This reminds me of Eve onlInes monacle debacle, and you just scratch your head and go do i want to waste another second in a game i finished and epiced out in less than 4 days... No.

And ofcourse every time you see someone wearing this crap its just a spit in the eye as too how ubelievably lazy and stupid this implementation was.

iOSJake
10-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Chef Hat - Wear this when you're BBQing for serious!

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/5356/img1072.png

BBQ Brush - Mmmmm, paint more tastiness on the BBQ!
BBQ Fork - Don't poke your eye out!
BBQ Tongs - Grills are still hot in Space. Use your tongs!

Thank you! Did you get to keep the BBQ Brush, Fork and Tongs? Where did/do they show up in your inventory?

Gluttony
10-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Thank you! Did you get to keep the BBQ Brush, Fork and Tongs? Where did/do they show up in your inventory?

Yes, you get to keep them, they are in the vanity back armor category.

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/8905/img1074c.png

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7910/img1075.png

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/5653/img1076.png

Onaraasider
10-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Lol it took me 6mins

starsavior
10-03-2011, 12:54 AM
:'(

Uzikrabd
10-03-2011, 01:06 AM
Wowall i did iskeep on joining other towns duh got in like 5 min not luck it was being smart got it on my other 3 chars too so it was fairly easy for me and saw like 20 times

BodMaster
10-03-2011, 02:39 AM
Stayed on for 2 hours yesterday and wooop he came!! Then a few hours later when I logged in Griller came and had a kinda chat with us haha

Loving my new Chef outfit.. goes with my NekedBod build :D