PDA

View Full Version : Can't Join

Majik
10-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Okay so I tried to join my friend in base but it didn't give me a option. Do you guys know why?! I can't join my friends in base.

SUPAPRODIGY
10-01-2011, 06:40 PM
This is a problem for IOS devices i believe.. I have tht problem.

CanonicalKoi
10-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Yup, there's no join button for friends unless they're in a run. :( I feel your pain, Majik. The Devs are aware of the problem and there's supposed to be a fix coming with the next update.

thequickone
10-02-2011, 02:53 AM
Very strange, indeed... I was trying to help a friend whom was experiencing this very issue. However, I was having no problem joining friends in other instances of bases or dungeons. Are you all running the most recent version (not patch) of the software (1.0.2.2 on Android)? Maybe this is only affecting certain devices; i.e. Apple devices, selected Tegra 2-based Android devices, etc. I am on a stock, up-to-date HTC Evo 4G on Sprint, and always connect VIA wi-fi.

Skeletonlord
10-02-2011, 03:49 AM
Might be because the area is full?

kateku
10-02-2011, 03:58 AM
I cant join friends in base. But is able to join in dungeon.

Hope it will be fixed soon. On ios.

CanonicalKoi
10-02-2011, 08:18 AM
Yup. Known bug affecting IOS users only. One of the devs said it'd be fixed in the next update. I know you guys can't see what we see (unless you're on IOS) so here's what it looks like for us:

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/Moorit/joinbug.png

Just took this. I was in Blackstar, but none of the other people listed were in the same instance and Skellar was in Numa Outpost. When we say we "can't join", we *really* can't--no button. ;)

ETA: Skeletonlord I wish that were the problem, but I've had friends in towns with population counts of 3 and....no button. :(

ETA: Here's what Flip had to say (same problem is affecting PL):

Yes, unfortunately, there is a bug with the iOS client and the join button. This will be fixed in the next client submission. The Android client was built later and has different UI data, so it works as expected.