PDA

View Full Version : Future event thread {ongoing}

Purist
10-02-2011, 02:33 AM
Hello gang,

This thread is devoted to the ideas of different suggestions relating to events that we think could be used in the future for the devs to implement in game during the year!

So this is how it works

- Name of your event you think could be used

- How the event would work I.e find a hidden item/dev to win a vanity?

- How long the event would run for

- prizes that could be up for grabs either made up or suggested

- And finally why you think the event is worthy of an in game appearance

:) I would really appreciate some feed back on this so I could improve the post
And I also plan to post the ideas within this post so there's no double idea posting ( with name next to it)
Please thumbs up and rate if you think this is worth a sticky!

Enjoy!

Purist

swordlover
10-02-2011, 06:44 AM
Soothing for halloween

Purist
10-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Any ideas what you want for haloween?

TheChairmaker
10-02-2011, 10:18 AM
There should be an event in Star Legends for Christmas where they create a vanity helm like Santa's, Candy Cane weapons, Santa armour...you get the picture. These could maybe be earned by doing quests. I think this should be an event as Christmas is a major holiday, and something needs doing around that time of year.

fluffysquid
10-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Agree on the christmas idea. Random event-specific drops that occurred in all dungeons would do well to make it accessible to all, and maybe you'll only get the drops if you're in a stage that is comparable to your level? That would keep high levels from mining massive amounts in the low levels.

Another idea is vanities that have limited but recurring releases. I know personally I love having something other people cant get anymore because its prestigious but also its tough that some things I never had a shot at earning because it was before my time. Therefore what if very short and limited events gave the same vanity, but the events themselves were few and far between?

Sent from my Nexus S

Purist
10-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Loving the ideas ! Keep them coming And see if the devs take note :)

JazzBlue
10-02-2011, 08:54 PM
ichabod crane jack-o-lantern vanity for halloween.

Get it by "trick or treating" You have to visit & beat all the zone bosses for either a piece of candy (common), or a piece of pumpkin (rarer).

Candy can be used for bonuses like the elixers (maybe a random effect for each one)

Get enough of a set number of pumpkin pieces and see some kind of avatar (like the android from the BBQ event) to have him craft the head vanity piece.

I have other thoughts for christmas and thanksgiving as well, but I'll save those for future discussions. :)

TheChairmaker
10-03-2011, 12:10 AM
I like that idea, especially if its level restricted so each character can only collect the pieces from the dungeons of their level.

Hullukko
10-03-2011, 10:07 AM
There should be an event in Star Legends for Christmas where they create a vanity helm like Santa's, Candy Cane weapons, Santa armour...you get the picture. These could maybe be earned by doing quests. I think this should be an event as Christmas is a major holiday, and something needs doing around that time of year.

You're unintentionally describing PL xmas 2010!
We got antlers as vanity helms, there were quest snowman helmets, santa's red armors and ginger bread shields, etc... That was a blast.

StompArtist
10-03-2011, 10:08 AM
You're unintentionally describing PL xmas 2010!
We got antlers as vanity helms, there were quest snowman helmets, santa's red armors and ginger bread shields, etc... That was a blast.

That was a lot of fun. I can see how they could reuse it with an evil robot Santa too!

TheChairmaker
10-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Whoops - sorry, I didn't play PL during any Christmas events :grey: Crazy I know. Also, I really meant in Star Legends....apologies for lack of clarity :sulkiness:

tearacan
10-04-2011, 07:47 AM
i hope they will put up a xmas tree at base and perhaps a snowy numa base and while we are at it, can i have a nice and cozy burning fireplace in the guild room?

Rittik
10-04-2011, 10:44 AM
I just want some uber cool vampire stuffs...like some new vanity helmets with zombie faces or warewolfs...it would be nic if one of the zombie would be standing at the base like the BBQ droid....
Another idea is Harry Potter theme...like give away wands or Brooms...as vanity and Harry Potter standing at the base
Both these events should run for atleast 2 days

TheChairmaker
10-04-2011, 11:26 AM
I prefer the vampire/zombie idea :angel: just my two pence. I think it should maybe run for the whole Halloween week though?

Purist
10-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Seems we have a few ideas stacking up any non seasonal event ideas?

TheChairmaker
10-06-2011, 11:37 PM
Thanksgiving? Although I'm not American, so I don't know what that could entail. Also, perhaps an event every month like the Bounty Terminal quest for the Vular Ticker.

flashbackflip
10-09-2011, 05:43 AM
Hey guys! I understand that mass culture and postmodern already infiltrated our minds, but still, lets stay in-line with Sci-Fi settings! I mean why ginger-bread shields or magic wands should exist in StarLegends?! We already have lots of 'elves-goblins-magic' games to apply this kind of stuff

If speaking of events i would like them to be more game-concept-oriented. For example, an event can be an expansion for the main plot:

1) miner Gruck is dead, but suddenly, his ghost started to wander all Delta7 lvls... Why? Because of the halloweeeen!

2) droids became self-aware in the Slouch-o and began to shoot their own film with special actors! We should stop them (find and kill 50 'special' bots) because if they finish and launch it Net-wide till New Year this film can damage the human minds

rarities should also stay in hi-tech sence - forks and hats are fun but they should not become a constant.. More REALLY FUTURISTIC vanities should be applied to the game

Imho

TheChairmaker
10-09-2011, 08:55 AM
Hey guys! I understand that mass culture and postmodern already infiltrated our minds, but still, lets stay in-line with Sci-Fi settings! I mean why ginger-bread shields or magic wands should exist in StarLegends?! We already have lots of 'elves-goblins-magic' games to apply this kind of stuff

If speaking of events i would like them to be more game-concept-oriented. For example, an event can be an expansion for the main plot:

1) miner Gruck is dead, but suddenly, his ghost started to wander all Delta7 lvls... Why? Because of the halloweeeen!

2) droids became self-aware in the Slouch-o and began to shoot their own film with special actors! We should stop them (find and kill 50 'special' bots) because if they finish and launch it Net-wide till New Year this film can damage the human minds

rarities should also stay in hi-tech sence - forks and hats are fun but they should not become a constant.. More REALLY FUTURISTIC vanities should be applied to the game

Imho

You're absolutely right. How did I overlook the futuristic-ness? LOL! I looove the Miner Ghost idea, that's amazing, also the futuristic vanities - I know why you mean about them not being futurey enough :single_eye:

Purist
10-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Awsome idea !