PDA

View Full Version : Test server for PL

Onepropally
01-09-2017, 09:02 PM
I play a mobile game called Walking War Robots. In this game, there is a separate server where players can sign up for to play in their test servers that contain the developers changes for the game. Maybe PL could benefit from this?

Pollinate
01-13-2017, 09:22 AM
Yeah, we could've used the teddy server for the update instead of just suddenly rolling it out

Justg
01-13-2017, 09:52 AM
We've done this before. Problem is people either:

1) Blaze through the content and have no interest in it when it goes Live

or

2) Ignore the testing goals and go nuts in a consequence-free environment.

Buchmeister
01-13-2017, 10:27 AM

or

Maybe have a survey or application of why the person wants to test to eliminate people who don't really care about the betterment of the content?

Ignitedmage
01-13-2017, 10:29 AM

or

Get some people into that server by surveys or something?

Onepropally
01-13-2017, 11:37 AM
The way Walking War Robots determines its test server applicants is they set up a website/Facebook with links to the website to sign up. The dev team only accepts L30 players into their test servers because if you're L30, that means you've been playing for a while and should totally understand the game. Since PL is a different game, the way to determine if someone is suitable for the test servers is if they are at least level 70 with at least 10000 pve kill and 1000 kills in both pvp and ctf. I think this is an appropriate list of requirements for PL test servers but if you guys, the devs, think there are better ways to qualify, let us know when you open up the servers. ;-)

Buchmeister
01-13-2017, 11:40 AM
The way Walking War Robots determines its test server applicants is they set up a website/Facebook with links to the website to sign up. The dev team only accepts L30 players into their test servers because if you're L30, that means you've been playing for a while and should totally understand the game. Since PL is a different game, the way to determine if someone is suitable for the test servers is if they are at least level 70 with at least 10000 pve kill and 1000 kills in both pvp and ctf. I think this is an appropriate list of requirements for PL test servers but if you guys, the devs, think there are better ways to qualify, let us know when you open up the servers. ;-)

I agree, but not with the pvp reqs. Since new content would be pve only (for the most part), I don't think pvp kills should need to be required.

Foresterfox
01-13-2017, 01:02 PM
I'm sure we would show interest a test, or at least a couple of us with content and so on , even if we have to purchase keys to do so :):)
plus to Onepropally I think by Lv. 30-50 in pl is good enough to understand the game, it shows that they are dedicated and may even come back once in a while.

Justg
01-13-2017, 01:07 PM
Sorry folks, not going to happen. Even with the best of intentions we have seen it not work time and time again.

Foresterfox
01-13-2017, 01:09 PM
That is understandable.

Suentous PO
01-13-2017, 01:16 PM
I play a mobile game called Walking War Robots. In this game, there is a separate server where players can sign up for to play in their test servers that contain the developers changes for the game. Maybe PL could benefit from this?

I can tell your an old vet in WR by the way you said "walking war robots" lol
-Energy rhino gunnin fools XD

Onepropally
01-13-2017, 01:56 PM
Sorry folks, not going to happen. Even with the best of intentions we have seen it not work time and time again.

We'll see bout dat .

I can tell your an old vet in WR by the way you said "walking war robots" lol
-Energy rhino gunnin fools XD

L30 on both android and Apple lol

Buchmeister
01-13-2017, 02:41 PM

Wait if we're discussing a test server for testing new content and justg is clearly denying a test server because it won't work if they release new content, does this mean we have a new cap coming?

#capconfirmed

Ignitedmage
01-14-2017, 11:37 AM
Wait if we're discussing a test server for testing new content and justg is clearly denying a test server because it won't work if they release new content, does this mean we have a new cap coming?

#capconfirmed

No, Justg listed the reasons in his ealier post in this thread and they are the main reasons because if there was a cap, cinco would had gave us a hint already.

tasakli
01-14-2017, 02:09 PM

or

Maybe the problem is the easy blazeable content.

KingFu
01-14-2017, 04:22 PM
Get some people into that server by surveys or something?

Because no one would ever lie on a survey!