PDA

View Full Version : STS Android BBQ Audio Recording

IBNobody
10-02-2011, 07:55 AM
Here is the audio recording I made during the STS session yesterday.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wqxdv9dy4x7l35x/11-10-01-18-02-57.mp3
(It's 38MB)

The BigAndroidBBQ team is working on streaming sessions, but they haven't posted them yet. When they do, you'll be able to see Cinco talk.

(If any of the STS employees want to upload the power point presentation, that might be useful too.)

Key topics:
1. New PL Expansion called "Humania" is coming
2. New SL Expansion/City(?) called "The Shipyard" is coming
3. New Game announced: "Dark Legends" (Horror genre. May be a MMO, but I wasn't 100% certain). Beta ETA is December, but it may push out. The team is taking their time with it.
4. STS games will be made playable in the Chrome web browser.

While I was there, I was able to watch a few STS guys play as the Android Chefs. They both were in the same instance, and they were fighting. "You brought tongs to a fork fight!"

Samhayne
10-02-2011, 08:06 AM
www.DarkLegends.com

:devilish:

Ellyidol
10-02-2011, 08:08 AM
www.DarkLegends.com (http://www.DarkLegends.com)

Wow you guys are quick! Already a new game..

IBNobody
10-02-2011, 08:15 AM
Wow you guys are quick! Already a new game..

Apparently, the cash infusion they got from selling Platinum on Android let them expand their development teams.

Ellyidol
10-02-2011, 08:18 AM
Apparently, the cash infusion they got from selling Platinum on Android let them expand their development teams.

Thank you, Droid users :D

Redbridge
10-02-2011, 08:44 AM
Cheers for the update... Very jealous, wish I could have made it.

Draco Mikato
10-02-2011, 09:00 AM
I think I know exactly what Dark Legends is.

CanonicalKoi
10-02-2011, 09:09 AM
*bows deeply in gratitude to IBN for the update. And then pokes him with a BBQ fork out of jealousy* Oops! Sorry, slipped. ;)

DJMdivine
10-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Humania wont be out anytime soon will it? So others will have a chance to grind out to 61?

Ellyidol
10-02-2011, 09:21 AM
Humania wont be out anytime soon will it? So others will have a chance to grind out to 61?

It's probably way way off. Mt. Fang is scheduled to come out first, but even that may take it's time still. So the grind to 61 is still very much available and doable :)

Silentarrow
10-02-2011, 09:33 AM
I hope DarkLegends is an open world MMO!

Barrington
10-02-2011, 09:36 AM
Here is the audio recording I made during the STS session yesterday.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wqxdv9dy4x7l35x/11-10-01-18-02-57.mp3
(It's 38MB)

The BigAndroidBBQ team is working on streaming sessions, but they haven't posted them yet. When they do, you'll be able to see Cinco talk.

(If any of the STS employees want to upload the power point presentation, that might be useful too.)

Key topics:
1. New PL Expansion called "Humania" is coming
2. New SL Expansion/City(?) called "The Shipyard" is coming
3. New Game announced: "Dark Legends" (Horror genre. May be a MMO, but I wasn't 100% certain). Beta ETA is December, but it may push out. The team is taking their time with it.
4. STS games will be made playable in the Chrome web browser.

While I was there, I was able to watch a few STS guys play as the Android Chefs. They both were in the same instance, and they were fighting. "You brought tongs to a fork fight!"

another reason why chrome is the best web browser

IBNobody
10-02-2011, 09:39 AM
Other key concepts at the event:

"STS learned many lessons from PL and applied them to SL"

There is no melee SL because melee in PL was off balance compared to ranged. Before they can add it in, they need to come up with a better risk/reward model.

The PvP elements in PL need refined before they add them to SL.

Cabero
10-02-2011, 09:40 AM
another reason why chrome is the best web browser

Only browser I use

Ellyidol
10-02-2011, 09:46 AM
Other key concepts at the event:

"STS learned many lessons from PL and applied them to SL"

There is no melee SL because melee in PL was off balance compared to ranged. Before they can add it in, they need to come up with a better risk/reward model.

The PvP elements in PL need refined before they add them to SL.

Thank you so much for this, clears up a lot of thoughts! I'm really excited for what's to come in SL. More so for the future DL :D

Draco Mikato
10-02-2011, 10:45 AM
Spacetime isn't content with just this pair of MMOs; it has announced that it has at least two more in the works, with one of those slated for release later this year. "We're looking at something with a darker theme, like Dark Legends with vampires or something like that," Blanco said. "And then these guys have been wanting to do a Western theme for a while. Something dirty and dusty."

Right up my block... :)

Source: http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/06/10/e3-2011-spacetime-studios-on-the-legends-franchise/

nazgulking
10-02-2011, 02:58 PM
I'm hearing the audio file. Humania campaign will take place on an island, will this mean we will have that so long awated beach settings? Or maybe the Volcano one.
I am a bit curios about dark legends ;)
Listening in progress...

octavos
10-02-2011, 03:26 PM
As more details are released, can we reserve names, guilds, ect...is it mobile also, hummmm. So many questions so little time lol. I lov the name dark legends. I want to be a stylish ghost :)

Silentarrow
10-02-2011, 03:51 PM
As more details are released, can we reserve names, guilds, ect...is it mobile also, hummmm. So many questions so little time lol. I lov the name dark legends. I want to be a stylish ghost :)

Have they said if it will be the same format as PL/SL?

Barrington
10-02-2011, 04:16 PM

dibs on Soldiers Of Misfortune

ooommmggg
10-02-2011, 04:28 PM
dl gonna be sick!

Barrington
10-02-2011, 04:39 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?38544-new-guild-for-a-new-game
(http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?38544-new-guild-for-a-new-game)down in writing lol

Growwle
10-02-2011, 04:44 PM
www.DarkLegends.com

Any chance of Shipyard screens leaking soon? Also hoping that Dark Legends is more Underworld and less Twilight.

octavos
10-02-2011, 05:26 PM

Have they said if it will be the same format as PL/SL?

I hope so silent.

BodMaster
10-03-2011, 03:37 AM
I hope so silent.

Positive it will buddy, added to the Franchise, wouldnt make sense to change it =/

Cahaun
10-03-2011, 06:00 AM
Oh yea finally Raasaaa's name found a home! :)

octavos
10-03-2011, 09:49 AM
Positive it will buddy, added to the Franchise, wouldnt make sense to change it =/

Oh yea finally Raasaaa's name found a home! :)

Well, As STS expands, I will too. No matter the game in development, no matter the theme, Rage of Mages and ghost will be there :) (Only if its mobile lol)

IBNobody
10-03-2011, 11:17 AM
As you can hear from the audio recording...

It sounded like DL was going to have streamlined elements found in SL/PL.

SL will still be more difficult than PL and DL.

Uzikrabd
10-03-2011, 11:39 AM
As you can hear from the audio recording...

It sounded like DL was going to have streamlined elements found in SL/PL.

SL will still be more difficult than PL and DL.

No kidding and and dl please have a better money rate,the pinks and vanities in sl WAY OVERPRICED like comeon whos going to drop 150k for body armor

BodMaster
10-03-2011, 01:05 PM
No kidding and and dl please have a better money rate,the pinks and vanities in sl WAY OVERPRICED like comeon whos going to drop 150k for body armor

Would say more people prefer the way its priced atm farming something valuable means something if anything IMO they could lower the drop rate esp purples, pinks stay the same and same as vanity.. but that's going way off subject.

DL being like PL meaning child like graphics or adult like SL.. PL like Twighlight or SL TrueBlood :) (SL like ftw! [And nope not talking about game play as that was explained slightly by IBNobody] just graphics).

IBNobody
10-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Would say more people prefer the way its priced atm farming something valuable means something if anything IMO they could lower the drop rate esp purples, pinks stay the same and same as vanity.. but that's going way off subject.

DL being like PL meaning child like graphics or adult like SL.. PL like Twighlight or SL TrueBlood :) (SL like ftw! [And nope not talking about game play as that was explained slightly by IBNobody] just graphics).

Cinco said that DL was dark. People explode in showers of blood. We'll see about that, but it sounds like it's more horror, less teen angst.

BodMaster
10-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Cinco said that DL was dark. People explode in showers of blood. We'll see about that, but it sounds like it's more horror, less teen angst.

Now you have ne excited! Must of been a great honour to get to meet and hang about with the crew.. so much revealed and once I thank you for bringing back the recording and so much information :)

Well appreciated :applause:

Ovocotto
10-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Sounds good:)

Barrington
10-04-2011, 12:49 PM

people explode in showers of blood
suddenly im a lot more interested