PDA

View Full Version : ok im hearing all this talk about the battlemage and paladin so i wanna start help?me

Lorddeathz
10-02-2011, 08:42 AM
alright gettin pretty bored on my archer i wanna try out sum new classes so why not this one. i just wanna kno wat stat points to put on as i level up each level so i wont mess up in the end. and also i wanna kno wat skill points to add to each one each time i level up also if anyone can help me out with tht i would appreciate it verry much. i do have sum cash but not alot like 22k lol. so potions is not an issue since i have 500 of each.

Zapoke
10-02-2011, 10:30 AM
If you use the right gear, you'll barely need any potions. I wouldn't recommend paladin until high levels. First time mages should use pure int. Since you're on a tight budget, you'll need to use cheap items for your Mage, and use them for a while.. The problem with that is that you will die a lot, when your gear becomes to low. I can help with build, but not to much on items with a budget of 22k. ;/

Stats.
As I said, you should do pure int for a while, but after you get use to mages, change to 67 dex minimum to use dexterity rings. I prefer the armor ring with 1 m/s and h/s.

Build.
In early levels, damage is more important then insane heal. So I would use builds at these levels, get your points there as you level, however you want. :) (Yes, respec at level 10 is recommended lol. For the non respec, take one off heal for res)
Level 10: 2 heal, 5 light, 1 frostbite, 1 fire. (extra points here)
Level 20: 2 heal, 6 light, 6 Blessing of Vitality, 1 frostbite, 1 fire, 1 mana shield (MS)
Level 25 2 heal, 6 light, 6 Blessing of Vitality(BOV), 6 Blessing of Might(BOM), 1 frostbite, 1 fire, 1 drain 1 MS.
Level 30 2 heal, 6 light, 6 BOV, 6 BOM, 1 frostbite, 1 fire, 6 drain, 1 MS.
Level 35 4 heal, 6 light, 6 BOV, 6 BOM, 1 frostbite, 4 fire, 6 drain 1 MS.
Level 40 5 heal, 6 light, 6 BOV, 6 BOM, 3 frostbite, 6 fire, 6 drain 1 MS.
Level 45 6 heal, 6 light, 6 BOV, 6 BOM, 6 frostbite, 6 fire, 6 drain, 1 res, 1 MS.
Level 50 6 heal, 6 light, 6 BOV, 6 BOM, 6 frostbite, 6 fire, 6 drain, 1 res, 4 icestorm, 1 icestorm, 1 MS.
Level 55 6 heal, 6 light, 6 BOV, 6 BOM, 6 frostbite, 6 fire, 6 drain, 1 res, 4 icestorm, 6 nightmare, 1 MS.
Level 60 6 heal, 6 light, 6 BOV, 6 BOM, 6 frostbite, 6 fire, 6 drain, 1 res, 6 icestorm, 6 nightmare, 3 weakness, 1 MS.

The level 60 is guesswork, but that's about what I would do for PvE focused skill builds. The builds listed won't be good in PvP until drain is higher, so don't try doing it until it's about 5-6. :p

The only thing I can tell you about gear is, higher regen is best. Staves aren't good. Not until 51+. Don't worry to much about damage, you're job is to keep everyone alive and weaken the mobs for birds. I've always preferred wands, more armor and regen, but if you get comfortable using staves, go for it! I do, however, recommend a flaming fireblaster for levels 11-24 (or until you get a good wand and shield).

Hope this helps! (:

Lorddeathz
10-02-2011, 10:49 AM
ok fine since ingame im getting pms about just go full int lol i will then. now i just need a guide tht tells me for each level wat skill points should i put on certain skills for each level some 1 plz help me with tht and i dnt have much plat left so yea i dnt wanna mess up again.

Zapoke
10-02-2011, 11:01 AM
ok fine since ingame im getting pms about just go full int lol i will then. now i just need a guide tht tells me for each level wat skill points should i put on certain skills for each level some 1 plz help me with tht and i dnt have much plat left so yea i dnt wanna mess up again.

In my post above, I explain that it doesn't matter, just reach the builds at the 5-level marks and you'll be fine. :)

Thasaint
10-02-2011, 03:38 PM
I like the guide :)
But as you level as a mage, you will want to have your mana shield (has saved me countless times).
L.1 for mana shield is best, because all that leveling up the shield does is make it cost less mana, and mages usually have pretty good regen, so the shield shouldn't be a problem.

Zapoke
10-02-2011, 05:00 PM
I like the guide :)
But as you level as a mage, you will want to have your mana shield (has saved me countless times).
L.1 for mana shield is best, because all that leveling up the shield does is make it cost less mana, and mages usually have pretty good regen, so the shield shouldn't be a problem.

I knew I forgot something! Lol. Updated it.