View Full Version : Guilds Against Cancer!

CrimsonTider
10-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Hello PL community!

In January, 1991, my sister began to have severe pains in her legs and soon spread all over her body. After numerous tests, hospital visits, and multiple diagnoses, it was discovered she had Neuroblastoma. After seven years, she passed away in July, 1998 at the age of 14. Since then, I have done everything in my power to support the fight against this horrible disease.

As some of you know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Not long ago, Siego posted a thread to have the PL community come together to show their support in the fight against breast cancer:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?37842-BCA-Support-Challenge!!!

After speaking with Siego, I want to expound upon his idea. I am challenging all guilds to show their support in the fight against breast cancer, as well as all other types. Siego and I are asking that as many individuals as possible purchase the Pink Cowboy Hat and wear it during the month of October. In addition, I am emailing STS to get involved in this as well. Below is a picture of my guild, COT, to start off this event. Please, guild masters, gather your toons together and help support this wonderful cause! Take a pic of your guild and post it within this thread please.

Thank you!

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x332/bryanreese77/img0021j.png

Zaratoe
10-02-2011, 12:42 PM
I am aware a of these and I have to say one of my family. Member died of these
It hurt me and I will be glad to help

Paar
10-02-2011, 12:58 PM
This is an amazing thing I love this and how u guys are doing this If I can be apart in anyway tell me!

Otukura
10-02-2011, 01:09 PM
That would be a great item for DotD.

JaytB
10-02-2011, 01:12 PM
As said in game, this is a great initiative! I really hope all guild masters read this and that devs can come up with something to make it count. I was thinking like a deal of the day kind of thing, where part of the plat for purchasing a pink cowboy hat (or other more specific vanity) could go to the cause. I wouldn't mind if it were a bit more expensive, so that STS doesn't loose anything over it either.

TANKKAAR
10-02-2011, 01:19 PM
My Dad died from cancer when I was 14yrs old, one of the most difficult things anyone has to deal with in life is losing the ones that they love. It is for this and many other reasons I will be proudly wearing my Pink hat all month long to bring more attention to this debilitating disease.

RIP - Ted O. Potter JR

SuperNas
10-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Question.....will sts donate this money to a cancer foundation?

CrimsonTider
10-02-2011, 01:36 PM
As Otu and Jay have mentioned, my email to STS asked two things:

1. Make the pink cowboy hat to be a DotD very soon.

2. All proceeds from individuals purchasing the pink cowboy hat go to an organization which are fighting cancer.

I will update the thread once I learn more. Thanks for the support guys! Get the word out!!

Otukura
10-02-2011, 01:40 PM
If(hopefully) they do dontate, they get a tax write off, right? Just a little extra incentive.

CrimsonTider
10-02-2011, 03:23 PM
I would think it be a tax writeoff. Even if not, it's one of those feel-good things we should all experience.

Silentarrow
10-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Great idea Crim!

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/Silentarrowszz/377e5e21.jpg

Cytokinesis
10-02-2011, 06:37 PM
hmmm... can we just buy the Pink HeadPhones because in totally honesty, i dont think i will wear my Pink CowBoy hat after this
BTW: i think it's to late to mention an idea like this because its already October and the devs need alot of time to plan this event and theirs practically no time left, maybe next year?

Matutd
10-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Well I've put off wearing my purple antennas for a whole month :) I will be proudly wearing my pink hat in Pocket legends :)

Fatpigwarrior
10-02-2011, 07:02 PM
As I said in siejo thread I will, and my grandpa died of cancer a couple of years ago, I miss him more than anything :,(

CrimsonTider
10-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Thanks to all who have replied in game and here. Keep it going!

@Cyto - it is never too late to begin. Sometimes we have to try even when it may not work.

TANKKAAR
10-02-2011, 11:37 PM
I know that 3 pink hats may seem a little excessive but I really hope its going to a good cause :) and if youve ever lost a loved one to cancer then you know its worth it! Please devs help us help those in need and hopefully one day put an end to this terrible disease.

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx287/Tedpotter3/SC20111002-212030-1-1-1.jpghttp://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx287/Tedpotter3/SC20111002-183947-1-2.jpghttp://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx287/Tedpotter3/SC20111002-211942-1-1-1.jpg

darkfussion
10-03-2011, 12:20 AM
I support!

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n551/thepocketlegend/a814fc0b.jpg

Lowlyspy
10-03-2011, 01:52 AM
Great cause crim. My mom had cancer and survived (thank god for that) so ill definitely be supporting this once i can save up the plat!

Kraze
10-03-2011, 02:09 AM
Hello PL community!

In January, 1991, my sister began to have severe pains in her legs and soon spread all over her body. After numerous tests, hospital visits, and multiple diagnoses, it was discovered she had Neuroblastoma. After seven years, she passed away in July, 1998 at the age of 14. Since then, I have done everything in my power to support the fight against this horrible disease.

As some of you know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Not long ago, Siego posted a thread to have the PL community come together to show their support in the fight against breast cancer:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?37842-BCA-Support-Challenge!!!

After speaking with Siego, I want to expound upon his idea. I am challenging all guilds to show their support in the fight against breast cancer, as well as all other types. Siego and I are asking that as many individuals as possible purchase the Pink Cowboy Hat and wear it during the month of October. In addition, I am emailing STS to get involved in this as well. Below is a picture of my guild, COT, to start off this event. Please, guild masters, gather your toons together and help support this wonderful cause! Take a pic of your guild and post it within this thread please.

Thank you!

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x332/bryanreese77/img0021j.png
Crim first great idea yet another reason to be a proud minion! Second thank you for sharing your story it's not an easy thing to talk about. I look forwad to a dev response to this. You see various celebraties and athletes supporting this cause and I'm sure I'm not the only one who proudly buys a new pink rubber bracelet every year.

But if you think about it I've never heard of a game developer doing anything like this. I've never seen Mario or sonic decked out in pink. This could be an amazing opportunity for sts to step up and say hey we care look what the lil guy in Texas and its players did.

Aperfecte
10-03-2011, 02:23 AM
Good cause I'll help in anyway I can.

Siejo
10-03-2011, 03:23 AM
I am honored to see so many supporters have joined me in my effort to show support. When I started the thread I was a little hesitant. I didn't think enough people knew me or cared enough to even read it. This really means a lot to me. Thank you so much :)

JaytB
10-03-2011, 03:49 AM
I am honored to see so many supporters have joined me in my effort to show support. When I started the thread I was a little hesitant. I didn't think enough people knew me or cared enough to even read it. This really means a lot to me. Thank you so much :)

It was an admirable initiative :)

KingFu
10-03-2011, 05:34 AM
Very inspirational. I'm very sorry to hear about all your losses:( Fantastic idea Crim, really would love to see this take effect. Maybe a pink Antenna could be handed out as well? No matter the item, really beautiful idea:)

CrimsonTider
10-03-2011, 06:01 AM
Thank you guys for the support, responses, and words of kindness. We have a great community here!

Come on guild masters!! Gather your troops together and show your support!

RedRyder
10-03-2011, 07:39 AM
Very inspirational. I'm very sorry to hear about all your losses:( Fantastic idea Crim, really would love to see this take effect. Maybe a pink Antenna could be handed out as well? No matter the item, really beautiful idea:)

the antenna's would be a hit! i know for sure that im one of many many antenna collectors and wed all buy them.

Aperfecte
10-03-2011, 10:24 AM
the antenna's would be a hit! i know for sure that im one of many many antenna collectors and wed all by them.

I would buy the pink antennas also.

Kraze
10-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Let's be real antennas are a HUGE hit (I still don't get it but meh) I think that could be a huge win

Navygreen
10-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Bought my pink hat on Saturday. You guys are great, thanks. :)

Kraze
10-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Any word on an official response yet?

CrimsonTider
10-03-2011, 02:34 PM
I wanted to give a everyone a quick update...

I have heard back from Sam and STS are in talks to help support the event. I will post more as I get the info. Thanks everyone for making this such a huge hit!

Siejo
10-03-2011, 03:41 PM
That's great!!! I had asked Sam when I posted if there was anything they could do. I didn't want them to feel pressured into it.

JaytB
10-03-2011, 04:12 PM

I have heard back from Sam and STS are in talks to help support the event. I will post more as I get the info. Thanks everyone for making this such a huge hit!

Simply LOVE this community!

Kraze
10-03-2011, 04:25 PM

Another example of our awesome devs and the quick response we get

Yvonnel
10-03-2011, 04:26 PM

Simply continue to be astounded by the generosity of our Devs!

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate

Siejo
10-03-2011, 04:45 PM
The devs are so awesome. That's why I love PL!!!

PatsoeGamer
10-04-2011, 06:29 AM
Hi matey, nice to see you in game. Purchased the hat. Lost my grandad to bowl cancer, what you are doing to raise awareness is a truly amazing thing. Once again well done and thank you to STS on their support also. Best wishes to anyone who has lost someone special in their lives too.

CrimsonTider
10-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Hi matey, nice to see you in game. Purchased the hat. Lost my grandad to bowl cancer, what you are doing to raise awareness is a truly amazing thing. Once again well done and thank you to STS on their support also. Best wishes to anyone who has lost someone special in their lives too.

It was fun running with ya last night! Thanks for the support and feel free to jump into any of my runs!

JaytB
10-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Keeping a good cause alive :)

CrimsonTider
10-04-2011, 06:39 PM
Still asking guild masters to get this going. Join in the fight! Gather your guildies and take a picture to show your support!

Nick41324
10-04-2011, 06:51 PM
My thoughts:
Pink vanity shield with pink ribbon in the middle. Have it sold all thought out the month in the plat store and ___$ per shield bought goes towards breast cancer research.

Cahaun
10-04-2011, 07:17 PM
My thoughts:
Pink vanity shield with pink ribbon in the middle. Have it sold all thought out the month in the plat store and ___$ per shield bought goes towards breast cancer research.
Exactly! We need a special pink vanity that maybe spreads pinkness for the cause. Maybe a Big pink ribbon shield that emits pink hughness and small pink ribbons for waving. I lost my grandpa to kidney cancer. I like how this community supports each other.

Kraze
10-04-2011, 07:29 PM
My thoughts:
Only problem is that's a whole new item a color swap on antennas sell em for 20-30 plat and done nice n easy

Kraze
10-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Kinda shocked no other guild has taken a group pic yet

Onaraasider
10-08-2011, 06:22 PM
I am honored to see so many supporters have joined me in my effort to show support. When I started the thread I was a little hesitant. I didn't think enough people knew me or cared enough to even read it. This really means a lot to me. Thank you so much :) I joined in cuz I have no pink stuff at home:(

Nick41324
10-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Only problem is that's a whole new item a color swap on antennas sell em for 20-30 plat and done nice n easy
I like your idea more lol

Siejo
10-08-2011, 06:30 PM
I joined in cuz I have no pink stuff at home:(

Well the fact you reached out and participated shows your good intentions. Thank you!!!

DanielRH
10-08-2011, 06:38 PM
A+, I'll be running an event.

My mother got diagnosed with it 2 years ago... She's ok thankfully!

Really really sorry about your sister... :(