PDA

View Full Version : What am i meant to do?

Burningdex
01-13-2017, 05:53 AM
i know this is technically against said forum rules. but i feel as if this will get a quicker response. plus im not really sure who to contact to fix this. (many have said support.)

someone is impersonating me in game with the name "burningdex", which was "sniped" from me while i was remaking my character. im aware names arent taken off of active accounts and i know theres nothing that's going to change that, regardless of whether they own the name
or not. But you have helped people retrieve stolen names in the past.

I'm aware support exists, but i feel like the community needs to know i do not own the name and to not trust that he/she is me.

I found him in game today (thanks Zerl), he wants me to pay 5m for the name, which i do not want to do, nor have.

Bazinga!
01-13-2017, 06:57 AM
Well technically you're not 'Burningdex' anymore and it would be unfair if STS takes away this name from the player who got it legitimately; it wasn't owned by anyone at the time, nor did he buy it. The best you could do now is warn the community that you're not Burningdex, which you have done already.

Ignitedmage
01-13-2017, 07:04 AM
Well technically you're not 'Burningdex' anymore and it would be unfair if STS takes away this name from the player who got it legitimately; it wasn't owned by anyone at the time, nor did he buy it. The best you could do now is warn the community that you're not Burningdex, which you have done already.

His all alts are named AFTER the name burningdex and there should be people in the game who are his close friends and are not in forums so they will probably get scammed in that way and they won't even believe him as the real one as if i add one i in your name and start impersonate you people won't believe me so people won't even belive burning and call him the REAL impersonator which he isn't, so i guess it will be pretty dangerous to just IGNORE.

Bazinga!
01-13-2017, 07:21 AM
That's a different problem all together. It was Burningdex who deleted his name. It doesn't matter whether the other player chose the name Burningdex knowing that it was in use earlier or not. The fact is that he got it legitimately. I'm sure the real Burningdex would have told his friends that he doesn't have the name anymore, and now he's just informing the rest of the community.

tasakli
01-13-2017, 07:48 AM
What if I made a thread and said that my 'real' ingame name was burningdex, but it got sniped and impersonated by you?

Ruby!!!
01-13-2017, 08:30 AM
If you chose to buy it I'll chip in :)

Ruby!!!
01-13-2017, 08:32 AM
If you chose to buy it I'll chip in :)

... in case buying names is against ToS I was just joking obviously

Waug
01-13-2017, 08:46 AM
Where's the sailing ships btw?

Buchmeister
01-13-2017, 08:52 AM
I don't think STS can help you, that's just bad timing.

Rescind
01-13-2017, 11:20 AM
Wow so famous

Shinepin
01-13-2017, 11:24 AM
Sts can't help you. Only way is to pay or snipe it back lol