PDA

View Full Version : Question: Vanity Drop Locations

Ephemeris
10-02-2011, 01:13 PM
Modified 11/12/2011

Vanity drop locations are still somewhat of an enigma, though -- as the days go by (and more of them drop) -- we are gradually able to better piece the story of what drops where together. In an effort to create the best such database possible, I ask that you please share your first-hand observations here -- that is, this thread -- such that we can keep the knowledge share going. My sincere thanks to everyone that has contributed thus far!

Yanis' vanity database (for reference): Link (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?32538-Vanity-Items-with-Pictures)

[10/2/2011] General Community "Consensus" Regarding Vanity Drop Locations:
* Any vanity can drop in any level of any campaign -- the odds are just extremely low.

[11/12/2011] Ephemeris' Alternative Hypothesis Regarding Vanity Drop Locations:
* The X-Ray Visor is (or, perhaps, was) the only vanity that can(/could) truly drop anywhere based on the data received to date. Despite the lack of screenshots, several fairly credible reports of X-Ray Visors dropping pre-D7 have surfaced, though all of these reported drops occurred during beta. Post-beta data seems to suggest that vanities can no longer be obtained from campaigns preceding D7 -- this includes the X-Ray Visor. That said, my guess is that the X-Ray Visor was selected by Development as the lone "test vanity" for ensuring drop mechanics and such prior to the release of Numa (whereby it was "relocated" to drop in D7 and Numa, tethered with the Mechanical Man Helmet and Squid Buddy, and enlisted in its "final" drop scheme). As such, I believe that we can safely consider the release of the Numa campaign to be the start of the "true"/"final" vanity drop scheme.
* Vanities (in pools of three) seem to have a life-cycle of two campaigns (i.e., D7 --> Numa; Slouch-O --> SY). Until we see a new vanity drop in SY, my stance will be that we will not see a new vanity until the campaign following SY (whereby this vanity -- likely packaged with two additional vanities -- will drop through the campaign following the next).
* The D7 and Numa campaigns both yield X-Ray Visors, Mechanical Man Helmets, and Squid Buddies; perhaps drop odds are slightly better within Numa for the three aforementioned vanities.
* The Slouch-O and SY campaigns both yield Tragedy, Comedy, and Zany Glasses; perhaps drop odds are slightly better within SY for the three aforementioned vanities.

[11/12/2011] Supporting Observations:
* The X-Ray Visor is the only vanity that has been reported to drop prior to D7 (during beta; however, no pre-D7, post-beta X-Ray Visor drops have been reported to date).
* The X-Ray Visor, Mechanical Man Helmet, and Squid Buddy have all been looted in D7 and Numa since the release of the Numa campaign. To date, I have never seen any proof of these three vanities dropping beyond Numa (i.e., in Slouch-O and SY).
* Comedy, Tragedy, and Zany Glasses all appeared with the release of the Slouch-O campaign. In addition to dropping within the Slouch-O levels, these three vanities have also been looted within the SY campaign. To date -- much like I stated in my previous bullet -- I haven't seen any proof supporting that these three vanities may be looted prior to Slouch-O.

[11/12/2011] Vanity Desirability:
* Disclaimer: The following section should be taken with a grain of salt, as the desirability hierarchy will likely shift with the release of new campaign duos.
* In my humble opinion, the X-Ray Visor is the most difficult vanity to acquire at this point. While hypothesized to "drop anywhere," we have no data to suggest that it still can be looted anywhere. Using my "two campaign life-cycle" hypothesis presented earlier, fewer people are running D7 and Numa these days (i.e., they are being looted less frequently). Moreover, due to their "good looks," owners are more inclined to hang onto these. In turn, X-Ray Visors are currently fetching the highest prices in the C.S., and, likewise, making the fewest appearances.
* I would rank the Mechanical Man Helmet as the second-most desirable vanity drop. Again, its "looks" -- much like the X-Ray Visor -- certainly influence owners to retain it (thus reducing its
appearances in the C.S.).
* Though not seen as much as of late, Squid Buddy seemed to be the most-seen vanity of the X-Ray Visor/Mechanical Man Helmet/Squid Buddy bunch. That said, quite a few people have one (or
more) of these. As I haven't heard of these dropping outside of D7/Numa as of yet (coupled with fewer people running each of the aforementioned two campaigns where we know this item to drop), I would contend that it's of slightly higher desirability than the forthcoming three vanities.
* Zany Glasses seem to drop less often than Comedy or Tragedy, though they still seem to be looted fairly often at the moment. For the time being, I think that they should reside here on the desirability totem pole.
* Comedy and Tragedy are the most-looted/most-seen vanity drops as of right now. As such, I am putting them at the bottom of the desirability ranks.

[10/24/2011] Confirmed Vanity Drop Mechanics:
* Vanities may be acquired with or without the use of an active luck enhancer.
* It is possible to loot a vanity in groups of all sizes (including solo runs).
* Vanities can drop off of both "trash mobs" and bosses.
* Vanities can be looted from both elite chests and regular chests.

[10/24/2011] Suggested Vanity Farming Locations:
D7 - DMC
Numa - OL/Squatter/Mining
Slouch-O - Venomous/Scorcher
SY - WT/Bio/Pulse

[11/12/2011] Suggested Vanity "Hot Beds":
* Disclaimer: While we tend to believe that vanity drop odds are generally "equal" for all mobs within a given level (i.e., 'Mob A' in 'Level A' has the same probability of dropping a vanity as 'Mob N' in 'Level A'), several players (myself included) have seen drop trends which seem to challenge this stance. In turn, since I don't have a substantial amount of data to corroborate this possibility, I have elected to make this section as "food for thought." This information may prove to be rubbish, though, so -- again -- take it with a grain of salt.
* The mobs in the farthest room from the starting position on the left corridor of DMC (D7).
* The mobs in the last room of WT (SY).
* The first spawning mobs within Bio (SY).
* The final mob pack prior to engaging the boss of Bio (SY).

If you have any additional observations to share, please do! I will do my best to continue to update this database as more information comes in.

Kind Regards,
-E

Darkfader
10-02-2011, 01:16 PM
I don't think we have yet got enough drops to settle where they exactly drop most. Or is there place where tebet won't drop at all. I'm still believing for this, "Any vanity can drop in any zone, from any mob and elite chests".

Ephemeris
10-02-2011, 01:21 PM
I don't think we have yet got enough drops to settle where they exactly drop most. Or is there place where tebet won't drop at all. I'm still believing for this, "Any vanity can drop in any zone, from any mob and elite chests".

Good point, I failed to throw in a caveat regarding the limited amount of data out there. It's certainly possible that someone either has or will get, say, Zany Glasses to drop in Dynastar Labs. If that's the case, I suppose I'm just hoping that they see this post and respond. :)

Blakout
10-02-2011, 07:11 PM
I know that xray glasses can drop anywhere. I have heard someone got a comedy from Cy Corp but im not sure.

Silentarrow
10-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Thanks, I'll add this to my FAQ.

JazzBlue
10-02-2011, 08:47 PM
I witnessed a mechanical man drop in slouch-o.

Just trying to help pin down with any fact I can add.

hotmumbo
10-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Saw a vanity drop in Scorch - not sure which one cause wasn't me :(

Ephemeris
10-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the replies guys -- much appreciated! It sounds like we still have somewhat of a mixed bag at this point (Mechanical Man Helm off of Scorcher supports my theory, while the potential Comedy drop in Cy shoots a hole in it :-P).

BTW, nice FAQ, Silentarrow!

Acyer
10-03-2011, 11:15 AM
I never seen a vanity drop till numa was released. I've gotten all three of my vanitys from numa maps x ray,mech helm and squid buddy.

Cahaun
10-03-2011, 02:18 PM
I need to use this once I get lvl 31 sometime. I have people asking me for vanities! Geesh this will take a while! :p

Silentarrow
10-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the replies guys -- much appreciated! It sounds like we still have somewhat of a mixed bag at this point (Mechanical Man Helm off of Scorcher supports my theory, while the potential Comedy drop in Cy shoots a hole in it :-P).

BTW, nice FAQ, Silentarrow!

Thanks!

starsavior
10-04-2011, 02:51 PM
Thanks, very helpful.

flashbackflip
10-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Thank you.. Your assumptions seem logical. Heading to Numa ;)

Heyyoucooll
10-07-2011, 04:33 PM
I know first hand tht xray drops in numa and squid buddy on delta i think it was that motherland one and i have seen mech man drop in slouch o in hall of films and friend said he got his mech man from welcome center hopes this helps

Ign: Gandhi

McBain
10-07-2011, 10:19 PM
I got a Tragedy in Slouch-o. My memory is slightly hazy on which map, but I'm pretty sure it was venomous. I do remember that I got it after killing one of those little floating camera guys. I've never seen any other vanities drop that I can recall, or probably I just wasn't paying attention. I usually only check other people's drops after a boss.

thewolf
10-07-2011, 10:31 PM
lol i never gwt vanitys on numa

Ephemeris
10-08-2011, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the additional replies guys -- much appreciated! I will update my original post based on Heyyoucooll's Squid Buddy observation. :)

BojKire
10-11-2011, 06:23 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?37475-Star-Legends-Frequently-Asked-Questions-quot-Guide-quot-For-New-Players&p=426616

gives locations of vanity drops

see you there ;-)

ps add me Bojkire

Ephemeris
10-11-2011, 06:39 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?37475-Star-Legends-Frequently-Asked-Questions-quot-Guide-quot-For-New-Players&p=426616

gives locations of vanity drops

see you there ;-)

ps add me Bojkire

Hey, BojKire :)

Unless I'm over-looking something, SilentArrow (the author of the guide that you've linked) added the section that you're referring to based on my post (see below). Thanks!

Thanks, I'll add this to my FAQ.

NYCFanMan
10-20-2011, 10:39 AM
I've never seen one drop except a jet pack at slouch.

Ephemeris
10-23-2011, 01:24 PM
I have updated my initial post. Please let me know if you have any new observations to share. :)

CanonicalKoi
10-23-2011, 01:28 PM
And congrats on that drop! :) In answer to your questions of the day:

1. I have seen a vanity drop for someone with no luck enhancer enabled--Comedy mask in Slouch-O to a friend and an item to me in Outer Limits.
2. Both of those items dropped from mobs.

ETA: the Comedy mask was in a full group. The drop I got in OL while soloing.

Ephemeris
10-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Thank you and thank you, Canon. :-) I'll update my main post accordingly!

CanonicalKoi
10-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Thank you and thank you, Canon. :-) I'll update my main post accordingly!

And my apologies--I edited and dropped some additional info in my post. :/

Ephemeris
10-23-2011, 01:36 PM
And my apologies--I edited and dropped some additional info in my post. :/

No problem at all. :) Thanks, again!

krazii
10-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Modified 10/23/2011Question: Have any of you seen a vanity looted from a regular chest?-E

Yes, I saw a Tragedy drop from a regular chest in level 2 of Sloucho. The two chests near the end of the level where the bag drops, the one closest to room accessed by an op hacking

Ephemeris
10-23-2011, 04:16 PM
Yes, I saw a Tragedy drop from a regular chest in level 2 of Sloucho. The two chests near the end of the level where the bag drops, the one closest to room accessed by an op hacking

Thanks, Krazii! I'll update the first post accordingly. :)

Slant
10-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Uh ok never seen this on, there is no way to separate fact from fiction, or to sift out what exactly anyone means by "increased chances" Ive seen people use luck enhancers for vanities, as well as do bizarre things like use only fists, not use pots at all, wave at bosses when they are about to die, among other superstitions... so seeing through those things, and from multiple sources, these seem to be the best maps for vanities - dmc for delta, squatter/mining for numa, first map, venom-scorcher on sloucho, biosphere-pulse for SY (not enough data to be sure on the last one). The single best map for farming vanities is dmc as this gives both mechman and xrays, a lot, both of which fetch good prices and are rare.

Defyduck
10-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Ok saw my 3rd vanity drop 30 hrs ago from now.

1) Mechanical Man Helmet----> 2 Months ago (2nd week of numa release maybe,dont remember).In Numa Prime lvl5 near the last set of flowers before Gaurdian(from a mob).
2) Comedy------> First week of slouch-o release.In Slouch-o lvl2 in the entrence of the place where engineer bonus room is(from a mob).
3) Zany Glasses-----> First week of shipyard release.In Shipyard lvl2 in front of the commando bonus room(from a mob).

# My predictions:-

1 )Any vanity has chance of droping in Delta 7/Numa Prime/Slouch-o/Shipyard.
2) Mobs or small enemies only drop vanities.*
3) No vanity drops pre-Delta.**

Suggestion:-

Vanities generate when you start a map and may be situated anywhere,so kill all mobs and open all chests.Every vanity has a probability of generation but its very low.

Market View:-

X-Ray Visor has the same probability of droping as Mechanical Man Helm has but in auctions its price is high because its demand is way higher that the supply.

As per my observations,the reting of vanities are as per....
X-Ray Visor > Mechanical Man Helmet > Squid Buddy > Zany Glasses > Tragedy > Comedy
and the coincidence is that the price of these vanities also follow the same sequence.

Hope this was helpful.:smile:.Wish you Good luck.

*May be totaly wrong i am not the developer lol.
**As per my observations,need confirmation though.

BodMaster
10-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Ok saw my 3rd vanity drop 30 hrs ago from now.

1) Mechanical Man Helmet----> 2 Months ago (2nd week of numa release maybe,dont remember).In Numa Prime lvl5 near the last set of flowers before Gaurdian(from a mob).
2) Comedy------> First week of slouch-o release.In Slouch-o lvl2 in the entrence of the place where engineer bonus room is(from a mob).
3) Zany Glasses-----> First week of shipyard release.In Shipyard lvl2 in front of the commando bonus room(from a mob).

# My predictions:-

1 )Any vanity has chance of droping in Delta 7/Numa Prime/Slouch-o/Shipyard.
2) Mobs or small enemies only drop vanities.**!*
3) No vanity drops pre-Delta.** *!*

Vanities generate when you start a map and may be situated anywhere,so kill all mobs and open all chests.Every vanity has a probability of generation but its very low.

Market View:-

X-Ray Visor has the same probability of droping as Mechanical Man Helm has but in auctions its price is high because its demand is way higher that the supply.

As per my observations,the reting of vanities are as per....
X-Ray Visor > Mechanical Man Helmet > Squid Buddy > Zany Glasses > Tragedy > Comedy
and the coincidence is that the price of these vanities also follow the same sequence.

Hope this was helpful.:smile:.Wish you Good luck.

*May be totaly wrong i am not the developer lol.
**As per my observations,need confirmation though.

Nice observation Defy! Great job!

Two sections I have highlighted with *!* may be a little off. The scrap/tramp mini boss guy had dropped a vanity (X-Ray) in beta, also it has been rumoured that the vanity have dropped in Cycorps/Pirates though this has not been caught photographically (Screenshot :p)

Great addition that well help Ephem! :D

Ephemeris
10-24-2011, 07:55 PM
Indeed, thanks to Slant, Defy, and Bod!

BTW, Defy, I'm glad that you agree with my "rarity" ranking. :)

... so seeing through those things, and from multiple sources, these seem to be the best maps for vanities - dmc for delta...

By chance, do you recall which vanities you've seen drop from DMC? I've not heard of many pre-Numa vanities, so I certainly welcome some more information on that front. :)

Ephemeris
10-24-2011, 09:02 PM
I've updated the main post with today's feedback (thanks, again, guys!). This latest round of responses has led me to revise my hypothesis section quite a bit (so please take a gander and let me know what you think). I think that we may be on to something...

Defyduck
10-25-2011, 03:37 AM
Indeed, thanks to Slant, Defy, and Bod!

BTW, Defy, I'm glad that you agree with my "rarity" ranking. :)

By chance, do you recall which vanities you've seen drop from DMC? I've not heard of many pre-Numa vanities, so I certainly welcome some more information on that front. :)

I have never seen a vanity drop in Delta 7 but heard two people got Mechanical Man Helm and a Squid Buddy.

Defyduck
10-25-2011, 03:46 AM

I observed when i saw vanities droping it was the time just after the update and at that time all of us try to lvl as fast as possible so as i did.May be the chance of vanity droping is more when you play continous and regular.

Who receives vanity?

Its NOT random.Yes,the person who kills the enemy or mob carrying the vanity receives it.

Defyduck
10-25-2011, 03:50 AM
Nice observation Defy! Great job!

Two sections I have highlighted with *!* may be a little off. The scrap/tramp mini boss guy had dropped a vanity (X-Ray) in beta, also it has been rumoured that the vanity have dropped in Cycorps/Pirates though this has not been caught photographically (Screenshot :p)

Great addition that well help Ephem! :D

Yes i also heard someone getting a vanity though in cycorps and it may be possible who knows.Omg X-Ray in BETA!!!

BodMaster
10-25-2011, 04:40 AM
Just read through OP, think you have done a great job with this! (Its the place I refer people to when Vanities are mentioned) though I have a little more info.. please read below

* The X-Ray Visor, Mechanical Man Helmet, and Squid Buddy have all been looted in D7 and Numa since the release of the Numa campaign. I have never seen any concrete proof of these three vanities dropping beyond Numa (i.e., in Slouch-O and SY).

Im going to throw a spanner in the works re. above statement (Trust that 'Canon') the person in question had a Mech Helm in the first day (or few days) of release SY! :p Not sure if it was stated what area but she definitely had her first Vanity drop. Please confirm with her, though im 100% sure it was in SY. :)

I observed when i saw vanities droping it was the time just after the update and at that time all of us try to lvl as fast as possible so as i did.May be the chance of vanity droping is more when you play continous and regular.

Maybe another thought is that the probability of the vanities dropping are raised a little for new content. (Sneaky Sneaky)

Slant
10-25-2011, 07:05 AM
Mechanical Man, from the last mob on the left side and XRay from the last mob on the left side, both dmc, dmc is my fav map and ive levelled 6 alts from 14-22 there, two drops only and that too for others but same location

CanonicalKoi
10-29-2011, 11:26 AM
Im going to throw a spanner in the works re. above statement (Trust that 'Canon') the person in question had a Mech Helm in the first day (or few days) of release SY! :p Not sure if it was stated what area but she definitely had her first Vanity drop. Please confirm with her, though im 100% sure ....

Did I hear my name taken in vain? *shakes head oh, so sadly* Au contraire, mon frere. It dropped in Numa. I think I mentioned that when we spoke afterwards but your mind was on other things. :)

Ephemeris
10-29-2011, 11:26 AM
After talking with Canon, a Mechanical Man Helmet was NOT looted from SY. My theory still stands. :)

Kanozaki
10-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Great info however , due to the fact of the lack of data available we wont be able to predict as to where the exact location drops are, however we could perhaps make a survey and get rough estimates ?

Ephemeris
10-29-2011, 12:34 PM
Did I hear my name taken in vain? *shakes head oh, so sadly* Au contraire, mon frere. It dropped in Numa. I think I mentioned that when we spoke afterwards but your mind was on other things. :)

Oops, I didn't notice that you had already posted when I replied -- sorry, Canon (and thanks for the verification!). :-P

Great info however , due to the fact of the lack of data available we wont be able to predict as to where the exact location drops are, however we could perhaps make a survey and get rough estimates ?

I definitely agree, Kanozaki -- it's tough to say with certainty which, if any, maps are more likely to yield a vanity; however, I do welcome this sort of data as folks see vanities drop. Several players have suggested favoring certain maps (and, in some cases, specific areas within these maps) with respect to preferred farming locations (which I've added to my initial post), but -- as you stated -- this will always be a fluid section.

Slant
11-10-2011, 10:53 AM
hmm im confus, do bosses drop vanities or not?

Ephemeris
11-10-2011, 01:16 PM
hmm im confus, do bosses drop vanities or not?

While I haven't seen a screenshot to prove this, credible sources have told me that they've seen or had a vanity drop off of a boss, yes. I'm not sure if drop probabilities are different when looking at a regular mob versus a boss, but -- assuming that these probabilities are fairly similar -- vanity drops off of bosses should be seen less often given the simple fact that we kill fewer bosses than regular mobs. Hope that helps. :)

P.S. - I have asked Sam to move this post to the Player Guides section (pending).

Defyduck
11-14-2011, 07:01 AM
Yay! Saw fourth vanity drop.

After so many observation,i can say Mechanical Man Helm,Xray Visor and Squid Buddy do not drop in Slouch-o or Shipyards.

Kahlua
11-14-2011, 07:10 AM
Would have to agree with Defy that it seems only Tragedy and Comedy drop in shipyards, although I have heard that mech man dropped in sloucho?

Defyduck
11-14-2011, 08:38 AM
i saw zany droping in shipyards too, means only 3 new vanities in shipyard, and one more thing i noticed is that similar vanities drop together,like 3-4 znays deoping together then 3-4 comedys like that.......when shipyard released zany were droping like this

BodMaster
11-14-2011, 09:13 AM
Would have to agree with Defy that it seems only Tragedy and Comedy drop in shipyards, although I have heard that mech man dropped in sloucho?

Pic or it didn't happen :p

i saw zany droping in shipyards too, means only 3 new vanities in shipyard, and one more thing i noticed is that similar vanities drop together,like 3-4 znays deoping together then 3-4 comedys like that.......when shipyard released zany were droping like this

Read the OP :p 3 per 2 levels after Numa's release,

Delta & Numa ~ Mech Helm, X-Ray and Squid buddy

Slouch-O & Shipyards ~ Zanny, Comedy and Tragedy

And Gratz Ephem, finally where it belongs, always had to search high and low for this ;)

Ephemeris
11-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Pic or it didn't happen :p

Read the OP :p 3 per 2 levels after Numa's release,

Delta & Numa ~ Mech Helm, X-Ray and Squid buddy

Slouch-O & Shipyards ~ Zanny, Comedy and Tragedy

And Gratz Ephem, finally where it belongs, always had to search high and low for this ;)

Thanks, Bod! :) Glad that it's now been relocated to an easier-to-find section, too! (Also, thanks to Sam for moving it!)

Also, as you probably noticed, I added some extra thought behind why we saw X-Ray Visors dropping pre-D7 in beta -- seems to fit.

Ephemeris
11-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Hrmmm... One more thing: Does anyone know if there's a way to modify the post title? This started off as merely a thread to educate myself based on the observations of others, but it has since transformed into a guide. I'd like to change the title of the post accordingly. :)

Fac3bon3s
12-13-2011, 09:49 PM
I picked up a Mech Man vanity today in DMC. It dropped off one of the little critters that come out of the floor. The one's right at the start before the covered door panel. I was also running solo.

BodMaster
12-15-2011, 08:14 AM
Hrmmm... One more thing: Does anyone know if there's a way to modify the post title? This started off as merely a thread to educate myself based on the observations of others, but it has since transformed into a guide. I'd like to change the title of the post accordingly. :)

Only possible way I know of is by sending a PM to Sam buddy.

I picked up a Mech Man vanity today in DMC. It dropped off one of the little critters that come out of the floor. The one's right at the start before the covered door panel. I was also running solo.

Wowza! Nice one FB! *Runs off to Delta* (Still haven't had my first hehe)

ShadowGunX
01-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Modified 11/12/2011

Vanity drop locations are still somewhat of an enigma, though -- as the days go by (and more of them drop) -- we are gradually able to better piece the story of what drops where together. In an effort to create the best such database possible, I ask that you please share your first-hand observations here -- that is, this thread -- such that we can keep the knowledge share going. My sincere thanks to everyone that has contributed thus far!

Yanis' vanity database (for reference): Link (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?32538-Vanity-Items-with-Pictures)

* Any vanity can drop in any level of any campaign -- the odds are just extremely low.

* The X-Ray Visor is (or, perhaps, was) the only vanity that can(/could) truly drop anywhere based on the data received to date. Despite the lack of screenshots, several fairly credible reports of X-Ray Visors dropping pre-D7 have surfaced, though all of these reported drops occurred during beta. Post-beta data seems to suggest that vanities can no longer be obtained from campaigns preceding D7 -- this includes the X-Ray Visor. That said, my guess is that the X-Ray Visor was selected by Development as the lone "test vanity" for ensuring drop mechanics and such prior to the release of Numa (whereby it was "relocated" to drop in D7 and Numa, tethered with the Mechanical Man Helmet and Squid Buddy, and enlisted in its "final" drop scheme). As such, I believe that we can safely consider the release of the Numa campaign to be the start of the "true"/"final" vanity drop scheme.
* Vanities (in pools of three) seem to have a life-cycle of two campaigns (i.e., D7 --> Numa; Slouch-O --> SY). Until we see a new vanity drop in SY, my stance will be that we will not see a new vanity until the campaign following SY (whereby this vanity -- likely packaged with two additional vanities -- will drop through the campaign following the next).
* The D7 and Numa campaigns both yield X-Ray Visors, Mechanical Man Helmets, and Squid Buddies; perhaps drop odds are slightly better within Numa for the three aforementioned vanities.
* The Slouch-O and SY campaigns both yield Tragedy, Comedy, and Zany Glasses; perhaps drop odds are slightly better within SY for the three aforementioned vanities.

* The X-Ray Visor is the only vanity that has been reported to drop prior to D7 (during beta; however, no pre-D7, post-beta X-Ray Visor drops have been reported to date).
* The X-Ray Visor, Mechanical Man Helmet, and Squid Buddy have all been looted in D7 and Numa since the release of the Numa campaign. To date, I have never seen any proof of these three vanities dropping beyond Numa (i.e., in Slouch-O and SY).
* Comedy, Tragedy, and Zany Glasses all appeared with the release of the Slouch-O campaign. In addition to dropping within the Slouch-O levels, these three vanities have also been looted within the SY campaign. To date -- much like I stated in my previous bullet -- I haven't seen any proof supporting that these three vanities may be looted prior to Slouch-O.

* Disclaimer: The following section should be taken with a grain of salt, as the desirability hierarchy will likely shift with the release of new campaign duos.
* In my humble opinion, the X-Ray Visor is the most difficult vanity to acquire at this point. While hypothesized to "drop anywhere," we have no data to suggest that it still can be looted anywhere. Using my "two campaign life-cycle" hypothesis presented earlier, fewer people are running D7 and Numa these days (i.e., they are being looted less frequently). Moreover, due to their "good looks," owners are more inclined to hang onto these. In turn, X-Ray Visors are currently fetching the highest prices in the C.S., and, likewise, making the fewest appearances.
* I would rank the Mechanical Man Helmet as the second-most desirable vanity drop. Again, its "looks" -- much like the X-Ray Visor -- certainly influence owners to retain it (thus reducing its
* Though not seen as much as of late, Squid Buddy seemed to be the most-seen vanity of the X-Ray Visor/Mechanical Man Helmet/Squid Buddy bunch. That said, quite a few people have one (or
more) of these. As I haven't heard of these dropping outside of D7/Numa as of yet (coupled with fewer people running each of the aforementioned two campaigns where we know this item to drop), I would contend that it's of slightly higher desirability than the forthcoming three vanities.
* Zany Glasses seem to drop less often than Comedy or Tragedy, though they still seem to be looted fairly often at the moment. For the time being, I think that they should reside here on the desirability totem pole.
* Comedy and Tragedy are the most-looted/most-seen vanity drops as of right now. As such, I am putting them at the bottom of the desirability ranks.

D7 - DMC
SY - WT/Bio/Pulse

* Disclaimer: While we tend to believe that vanity drop odds are generally "equal" for all mobs within a given level (i.e., 'Mob A' in 'Level A' has the same probability of dropping a vanity as 'Mob N' in 'Level A'), several players (myself included) have seen drop trends which seem to challenge this stance. In turn, since I don't have a substantial amount of data to corroborate this possibility, I have elected to make this section as "food for thought." This information may prove to be rubbish, though, so -- again -- take it with a grain of salt.
* The mobs in the farthest room from the starting position on the left corridor of DMC (D7).

If you have any additional observations to share, please do! I will do my best to continue to update this database as more information comes in.

Kind Regards,
-E

i got skull helm in sy reactor core deck

Defyduck
03-12-2012, 01:56 AM
Saw 5th vanity drop yesterday.Will post the pic later.
1)Mechanical Man Helm in Numa:Uncharted Ruins near the last set of flowers.I was standing near the place where the dogs spawn while others were killing those flowers.I got that vanity in first or second week after release of numa.

2)Comedy in Slouch-O:Venomous near the engineer's bonus room.I was messaging while it dropped.Someone else got.In the first week of Slouch-O release.

3)Zany Glasses in Shipyards:Biosphere Deck someone else got it from a mob spawning in front of the commando bonus room.In first week of Shipyards release.

4)Tragedy in Shipyards:Reactor Core Deck just near the second turn after two bombs.I got that vanity.

5)Comedy in Shipyards:Biosphere Deck someone else got from one of the mobs spawning at the start of the lvl.

I still dont know you need to kill the mob with vanity to get it or its randomly goes to anyone.The vanities are droping from last 250 days and i guess there are 250 vanities easily in the game.So this means almost one vanity per day?@_@.Hope the data helps.Good Luck :)

Dragonrider023
04-15-2012, 07:36 PM
YAY, Im lv 40 commando w no vainty, can u imagine?

Rawrimafish
04-16-2012, 07:51 AM
Modified 11/12/2011

D7 - DMC
SY - WT/Bio/Pulse

Kind Regards,
-E

Space it out a lil?
here is mine :) http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?47865-SL-vanities mine isnt as good tho

PianoWizzy
04-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Are you able to update after the Voleria release?

We have the new vanities: Mark of the Warfather, Devourer's Skull Helm, and Scorn Breather [I sense I'm missing one...no?]

I've heard at least the first two most frequently drop in Shipyard (particularly Biosphere, so I hear) [although the first vanity drop I've witnessed (not me T__T) was the Skull Helm in Voleria's Inner Core, the room across entrance with the purplezilla].

With those dropping in Shipyard [I think], are the Slouch-O vanities still dropping in Shipyard as well?

Dragonrider023
04-17-2012, 06:16 PM

We have the new vanities: Mark of the Warfather, Devourer's Skull Helm, and Scorn Breather [I sense I'm missing one...no?]

I've heard at least the first two most frequently drop in Shipyard (particularly Biosphere, so I hear) [although the first vanity drop I've witnessed (not me T__T) was the Skull Helm in Voleria's Inner Core, the room across entrance with the purplezilla].

With those dropping in Shipyard [I think], are the Slouch-O vanities still dropping in Shipyard as well?

I think you are missing mechaniel man helm?

PianoWizzy
04-17-2012, 08:24 PM
I think you are missing mechaniel man helm?

The Mecha Man helm is a lot older isn't it? I haven't personally heard about that dropping though.

awesome4132
08-03-2012, 09:54 AM

I think that was me you saw get the skull helm:tongue:. i have gotten two vanities so far, both from inner core in voleria. the first(skull helm) and the second was classic pink sunglasses from thyra zael (the boss).

p.s.

i look SEXY in those glasses!;)

SkillFullGamer
08-03-2012, 09:55 PM
I have yet to get a vanity drop :3

awesome4132
08-07-2012, 03:10 PM

u are missing the sunglasses, i think

Zaonabiuibil
08-08-2012, 09:59 PM
u are missing the sunglasses, i think

Sunglasses, shirts, jackets, camera heads.. All the classic vanities, yep.

zappo000
09-17-2012, 04:14 AM
Interesting theories here, I read them all, I have only ever got 1 vanity :smile:

William To
09-17-2012, 09:33 AM
Ha, I read them All and havent gotten one single vanity!

mariafrance
09-17-2012, 12:09 PM
hey iv'e gotten mecha helm out of a normal chest from numa ^^

William To
09-17-2012, 01:41 PM
Nice!

Astrocat
09-17-2012, 07:54 PM

Wooooooot !

Szangheili
09-17-2012, 11:09 PM

Lucky... I am never lucky...

Astrocat
09-18-2012, 05:01 AM
Lucky... I am never lucky...

Me either if it's farming!!

BodMaster
09-18-2012, 12:58 PM

That's awesome! Yup Mech, X-Rays and Squid Buddy, are more likely to drop anywhere in Numa (:

Anyone seen Emph lately? Last I seen them was 36 Cap I believe ):

Astrocat
09-18-2012, 01:07 PM
I saw Flashbackflip loot Squid Buddy in last map of numa from a random dog.
Try it out :)!

-Astrocat

Jblazer
09-18-2012, 09:12 PM
:P My friend looted a mecha from dead man cave chest I think at Delta.He sold it for 10k...like a noob.It was 2 months ago:P

Astrofish
09-21-2012, 02:41 PM
nice

Joshuaromero
11-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Hi dude i got to add a fact about the vanity drops. i got an X RAY at numa :angel:

gison
11-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Hi dude i got to add a fact about the vanity drops. i got an X RAY at numa :angel:

nice!

Mister rogers
11-06-2012, 10:17 AM
I got a dev skull helm in UCS savant, the first level. It's that small lil corner that u go to after u flex on the identifier thing. Is the corner on the right of it. Mob. :3

Joshuaromero
11-07-2012, 07:33 AM
I also had 1 suprisingly odd vanity i looted a red jacket from dynastar last boss. I had an enhancer coz i was trying to level up fast. So the boss dropped me a red jacket :greedy_dollars:

Mister rogers
11-07-2012, 03:20 PM
I also had 1 suprisingly odd vanity i looted a red jacket from dynastar last boss. I had an enhancer coz i was trying to level up fast. So the boss dropped me a red jacket :greedy_dollars:

O cool. But just to make sure u know, enhancers don't effect the drop of vanities

asifaiab
11-08-2012, 09:42 PM
for some reason when ever im hunting for something i dont get it and when im not i get it. for example
i was hunting for tempest coil of dm when it was still good and i got napalm, jacket and i got that camera helm thing, squid i got party hat, wraith shield wraith skull, wraith skull for my buddy wraith shield. hard 6 nothing. i learned to never hunt for anything and just do creds and i might get goodie

bmendonc
04-20-2013, 06:03 PM
has the drop rate lowered now?

Darksoul9090
05-21-2013, 02:22 AM
I got a Zany in slouch-o.But i Never Got Again

KevinDotson
05-30-2013, 02:26 PM
I just looted a CLASSIC JCN 9000 HELMET MARK XI in Dynastar Labs from the Mad Doc

Conquered
06-02-2013, 10:03 PM
I got nothing D:

Fusionkillz
07-04-2013, 04:06 AM
I got a mechanical man helmet on numa prime

Slant
07-04-2013, 06:42 AM
^cool. gz, which map?

FluidShot
07-04-2013, 07:37 AM
I dropped an xray from a mob in Numa, last level yesterday.
Was the place with ~23 left, the thin area where two dog spawning places are side by side.

Sryyoulose
07-04-2013, 10:27 PM
As much as you are a fellow guildie, if I was in that run, I'd hate you to =p

~Widdershin~
07-05-2013, 05:18 AM
Lol Sizari Received X-ray Visor... Do u have enhancer?

Spyce
07-05-2013, 07:45 AM
Dayum..

FluidShot
07-05-2013, 10:16 AM

Vanity Drop chances don't change with enhancer. That being said, I still didn't have an enhancer going.

Strategical
07-05-2013, 05:28 PM
So what I'm hearing is vanitys can drop from anywhere.

FluidShot
07-05-2013, 06:20 PM
More or less. If a certain vanity drops from a certain level set (delta 7, or numa for example) it can drop from any of the stages from any of the enemies.

Dragoonclaws
08-19-2013, 06:03 AM
If we consider yaniz vorr and zevon yorr as pet vanities, the most seen drops are at scorn crusade in all maps

Dragoonclaws
08-19-2013, 06:05 AM

Nope ther is no reroll

Conquered
08-22-2013, 12:19 AM
Lol theres no Reroll in all Vanities.

Dragoonclaws
08-24-2013, 07:02 AM
Red glass drop at red sun map4 while killing red beard mcgrieg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/24/dabe9uty.jpg

Conquered
08-24-2013, 08:26 AM
My old Ign (Conquered)

Romaniankidd91
11-27-2013, 06:05 PM
Green Shirt dropped in Dynastar L4 for me :) sry no pic was on droid at the time :(

IGN: Romaniankidd.51,Romkillz.41,Romnubsy.20,Poopscoop. 50,Skillzaishere.50

Conquered
12-14-2013, 05:27 PM
Green Shirt dropped in Dynastar L4 for me :) sry no pic was on droid at the time :(

IGN: Romaniankidd.51,Romkillz.41,Romnubsy.20,Poopscoop. 50,Skillzaishere.50

Ty for sharing :)

Dragoonclaws
02-20-2014, 08:28 PM

looted 2 bio naps 3 weeks ago :) 1 nio flux cannon too

@ Zenxpro,

hey add me on Star legends :)

DivineMyth
02-21-2014, 11:09 AM
64184I looted a mark in reactor core ^^

Yaramyahu
04-23-2014, 03:16 AM
I acquired Classic Denim Jacket from boss at Big Bug Blast (4) on Delta 7 while playing with about 3 other players. Maybe 5 remakes later, I saw a Green Shirt drop from the boss for another player at the same stage. That time, it was myself and two other players.

Conquered
04-23-2014, 04:01 AM
64184I looted a mark in reactor core ^^

Congratulations, farming Nova Blaster too right? Those Enchancer's Lol

It was the same happen to me long ago(if you were also farming Nova Blaster)

Dragoonclaws
04-23-2014, 07:52 AM
Edit: I blured the personal information

X-Ray Visors are only looted at Numa prime Campain, any map.

The Mysterious Figure is the only boss to drop legendaries.

I feel like Shirts, Jackets and Sunglasses are looted anywhere

The Hive, Scorn Crusade and STS25 are the only maps that don't drop usual Vanities (except for some events: Spring Festival, Holoween,..)

I often see Shirts and sunglasses looted from bosses.

I saw JCN Helmets looted from Red Sun, Delta 7, Slouch-O and UC Shiyard
I saw Zany Glasses from Slouch-O and UC Shipyard
I saw Mark of the Warfather from UC Shipyard (Shaanafre at map 1 from mob)
I saw a Squid Buddy loot from Numa (xxxtonyxxx), they can also bee looted from Delta 7
Strong feeling like Mechanical Man Helmets are looted from Delta 7 and Numa
Strong feeling like Devouring Skull are looted from Voleria and UCS Savants

DivineMyth
04-23-2014, 10:07 AM
l35 pinks are only lootable from mysterious figure...

Dragoonclaws
04-23-2014, 10:11 AM
l35 pinks are only lootable from mysterious figure...

yea...
The Mysterious Figure is the only boss to drop legendaries.... at UC Shipyard

DivineMyth
04-23-2014, 10:33 AM
mark also drops in last map of uc shipyard as u can see from the pic above. dev skulls are droppable in uc shipyard, not from voleria or ucs savant

Dragoonclaws
04-23-2014, 02:52 PM
mark also drops in last map of uc shipyard as u can see from the pic above. dev skulls are droppable in uc shipyard, not from voleria or ucs savant

Then, which vanity are looted from UCS and Voleria? usual shirt/jacket/glasses combo?

DivineMyth
04-25-2014, 10:07 AM
Then, which vanity are looted from UCS and Voleria? usual shirt/jacket/glasses combo?

for most part, i havent seen a good vanity drop in ucs or voleria... I've only dropped a couple of jcn helmets in voleria but in ucs none so far

Dragoonclaws
04-28-2014, 09:54 AM

From boss's minions

DivineMyth
04-28-2014, 10:05 AM
hmm i feel like sts is slightly increasing the drop rates... as you may know more people have been dropping squids lately...

Evicted
04-28-2014, 10:07 AM
Yesh I Got Brown Jacket :D My first drop ♥ we were doing runs togather got 3 vanity in less than 30 minutes

Dragoonclaws
04-28-2014, 12:51 PM

this was looted from boss, next run xD

UC Shipyard : Reactor Core - Mysterious Figure

Dragoonclaws
04-28-2014, 12:52 PM
hmm i feel like sts is slightly increasing the drop rates... as you may know more people have been dropping squids lately...

yep

Evicted
04-29-2014, 12:01 PM
as you may know more people have been dropping squids lately...

And I am one of them Got Squid Buddy In Motherload xD

Deathplague
04-29-2014, 03:20 PM
I got plenty of squids

Evicted
04-29-2014, 08:52 PM
I got plenty of squids

What an Achievement ._.

Conquered
04-29-2014, 09:12 PM
I got plenty of squids
It sure is plenty.

Evicted
04-29-2014, 11:29 PM
It sure is plenty.

LOL xD

Dragoonclaws
04-30-2014, 03:58 PM
GIMME A SQUID!

I ain't gon give it...

GIMME A SQUID!

Blastorlol
05-15-2014, 10:01 PM
Same here, only jet pack. But I have no platinum... i guess you need asteroid miners luck...?

Blastorlol
05-15-2014, 10:02 PM
Same here, only jet pack. But I have no platinum... i guess you need asteroid miners luck...?

DivineMyth
05-16-2014, 10:39 AM
jet packs don't drop anymore

Dragoonclaws
05-16-2014, 08:00 PM
Luck enhancers don't affect vanity drops

Doframingo
07-02-2014, 10:52 PM
Legendarys drop location?

Jblazer
07-02-2014, 11:57 PM
Legendarys drop location?

Mostly on the Sts Maps. Some on Shipyard too tho

CAK Vader
07-03-2014, 09:35 PM
Also pinks drop at Dynastar level 1! It may take years but it'll happen, eventually, keep trying!

Jblazer
07-03-2014, 10:44 PM
Also pinks drop at Dynastar level 1! It may take years but it'll happen, eventually, keep trying!

:D I looted a denim jacket at dynastar

Doframingo
07-04-2014, 10:41 AM
nice, congrats!

Jblazer
07-04-2014, 04:49 PM
Lol thx

CAK Vader
07-04-2014, 06:12 PM
:D I looted a denim jacket at dynastar
I looted a blue shirt :o doc likes blue I suppose :p

Doframingo