PDA

View Full Version : New "Gratitude shield" idea

Mess
01-13-2017, 11:44 AM
So, since some players are complaining about their items not being exclusive anymore, I kinda had an idea based on Arcane Legends. As some of you may know, almost everything in Arcane Legends is tradeable (even year 1 stuff), but there is something that is not: Banners, there are banners for everything there and this helps you to show for how long you were there. Obviously Pocket Legends does not have Banners, but we do have Shields, which are way cooler IMO, so my idea is to gift players shields based on the year they joined. (I suggest them having skull n bone design just because I find them pretty)

It'd be something like this

Joined 2010: Platinum Shield
Joined 2011: Diamond Shield
Joined 2012: Golden shield
~keep going~

Note that those were not going to be like the already in game "PL Shields", you only get the shield if you started playing in that year. Thank you and pardon my english.

Winp

Waug
01-13-2017, 11:50 AM
Then the cycle starts again, hopefully I don't need to explain the cycle.

But yes to anything that can make me few millions w/o doing anything (- :))

Mess
01-13-2017, 11:51 AM

I think they should not be tradeable haha, also, That's just something to make people feel better, only cosmetic

XghostzX
01-13-2017, 12:56 PM

The cycle does not start again, actually. We now have an abundance of all these new vanities that everyone has access to. Integrating merely one or two vanities wouldn't compromise this task.

Suentous PO
01-13-2017, 01:10 PM
Ideas appreciated but couldn't work as intended. The problem in Cincos eyes was the acc trading, the problem with his solution is that some acc were sold so long ago that they are still in game owned by illegit ppl ( like that one guy who stands around all day *cough*). So some acc are old but not legit old players, they would also get rewarded.
That's besides Waugs valid point that it creates a value in the black market, adding to the problem.

Mess
01-13-2017, 01:38 PM
Ideas appreciated but couldn't work as intended. The problem in Cincos eyes was the acc trading, the problem with his solution is that some acc were sold so long ago that they are still in game owned by illegit ppl ( like that one guy who stands around all day *cough*). So some acc are old but not legit old players, they would also get rewarded.
That's besides Waugs valid point that it creates a value in the black market, adding to the problem.
True. But I don't see people buying accounts just because of a shield or something like that

anahadaz
01-13-2017, 01:45 PM
As long as it was purely cosmetic, and you couldn't trade it, this would be a great idea. Maybe even a helm to go with it ;)

Buchmeister
01-13-2017, 02:38 PM
Why are we concerned about making oldies happy? I'd rather have brand new content available for everyone. Kinda tired of hearing from salty oldgens.

Suentous PO
01-13-2017, 03:27 PM
Why are we concerned about making oldies happy? I'd rather have brand new content available for everyone. Kinda tired of hearing from salty oldgens.

Insert boring essay about customer service and brand loyalty.

ps, you sound saltier than me and I stopped complaining a while ago lol

bglir
01-13-2017, 04:11 PM
I want a pink pony for being oldie

Mess
01-13-2017, 04:32 PM
I want a pink pony for being oldie
I've to admit I'd love that

XghostzX
01-13-2017, 04:37 PM

While I completely agree that account buying should be prevented/stopped, it's seems kind of silly to me to just point our fingers to every item and say "well now players will want to buy and sell accounts" – as Winp said, the level of account trading has already gone down significantly, but it'll never actually come to a complete halt. Adding one or two vanities is not going to dismantle the whole system.

KingFu
01-13-2017, 04:38 PM
True. But I don't see people buying accounts just because of a shield or something like that

Why not? People were buying old accounts that literally had nothing but a Founder's Helm on them. People who were absolutely loaded bought GoA accs purely to have a community shield. This would re-introduce the problem, and you better believe that if there's an item with any level of exclusivity, people will be willing to pay $ for it. That's just how it is now. We can't have nice things.

XghostzX
01-13-2017, 04:42 PM
Why not? People were buying old accounts that literally had nothing but a Founder's Helm on them. People who were absolutely loaded bought GoA accs purely to have a community shield. This would re-introduce the problem, and you better believe that if there's an item with any level of exclusivity, people will be willing to pay $ for it. That's just how it is now. We can't have nice things.

I don't know, man. People were willing to pay for these accounts because there was such a small sample of vanities to choose from. Now, players are more content, they have a wide variety of vanities to select. While I think there would still be acc buying with the introduction to new "nice things" I don't think it would provoke something that problematic.

But it's pretty clear that the devs have said it: they're trying to do everything in their ability to eliminate account buying, 100%. So it's safe to say they won't be implementing any kind of exclusive items for older players.

heretoapologize
01-13-2017, 04:42 PM
this is a cool idea

KingFu
01-13-2017, 04:55 PM
Now, players are more content

The average player is, yes, but for the players who were deep into the account dealing, it wasn't a matter of being content. There were two main reasons that people were buying "rare" accounts. One was for collecting to feed their ego, and the other was a feeling of superiority. Adding a limited item that over half of the players couldn't get their hands on would re-introduce a purpose to buy and sell accounts. I agree that it wouldn't get nearly to the magnitude that it was, but the objective was to end all account buying in general. Like I said, people were literally buying old, unused accounts that had nothing on them (not even an end game char) except for one Founder's Helm. People are still buying/selling items and gold for $ despite the changes, so adding in an item that has a stamp that says "I'm old and superior!" would definitely be counter productive.

But it's pretty clear that the devs have said it: they're trying to do everything in their ability to eliminate account buying, 100%. So it's safe to say they won't be implementing any kind of exclusive items for older players.

Agreed. People would have just assumed I bought my platinum shield anyways :[

Buchmeister
01-13-2017, 07:15 PM
Insert boring essay about customer service and brand loyalty.

ps, you sound saltier than me and I stopped complaining a while ago lol

I'm not salty, I'd just like oldies to stop whining. I've given several solutions but nobody really listens because this forum is mostly oldgens so...

Suentous PO
01-13-2017, 07:38 PM
I'm not salty, I'd just like oldies to stop whining. I've given several solutions but nobody really listens because this forum is mostly oldgens so...

I don't think any are anymore, and some (many) old ones never did at all. Maybe no sulution because there's no problem hombre

Buchmeister
01-13-2017, 09:32 PM
I don't think any are anymore, and some (many) old ones never did at all. Maybe no sulution because there's no problem hombre

Then you haven't been reading the forums.

Burningdex
01-13-2017, 10:22 PM
what sue myst winp and ghost said.

this is why we cant have nice things

Suentous PO
01-13-2017, 10:27 PM
Then you haven't been reading the forums.

That would surprise a lot of ppl incl me!
This thread and Ignited's sound more like sugestions rather than complaints compared to some of the hissyfits ive seen.

City
01-13-2017, 10:36 PM
To the people who don't want this to happen. You don't want it to happen because there will be more account selling? Thats like saying everyone should only be lvl 1 so no one will want to buy a lvl 80 bear. There will always be account selling for cash (happens when the player quits). People bought accounts with just Founders because of the stat bonus. No one will buy an account with just a 3 year pl shield would they? I think Cinco should make an item for people who started the game in 2010 (specifically shield). Because why wouldn't you give an account whose been with you through the start something that not everyone can get (make sure it has no stats). Account selling happens no matter what, the only thing to do is to release all the really rare vanitys to completely wipe out 95% of the black market. Cinco should also increase the gold for platinum ratios so black market people dont spend money on gold!

Burningdex
01-13-2017, 10:55 PM
No one will buy an account with just a 3 year pl shield would they?
yes, people would, that i can guarantee. Black market trading is never going die, though this is a step in the right direction. Adding this would just cause more acc's to be sold.

City
01-13-2017, 11:00 PM
so with that logic you are suggesting there should never be a new level cap because people can just buy accounts who don't want to level?

bglir
01-13-2017, 11:41 PM
so with that logic you are suggesting there should never be a new level cap because people can just buy accounts who don't want to level?

PL should have what AL Have, Pay 250 Plats to jump to a higher Level Up for those who don't want to level.

Suentous PO
01-14-2017, 02:05 AM
To the people who don't want this to happen. You don't want it to happen because there will be more account selling? Thats like saying everyone should only be lvl 1 so no one will want to buy a lvl 80 bear.

No, it's not.

City;2647748]No one will buy an account with just a 3 year pl shield would they?

Yes they most certainly would.

City;2647748I think Cinco should make an item for people who started the game in 2010 (specifically shield). Because why wouldn't you give an account whose been with you through the start something that not everyone can get (make sure it has no stats).

And thus would create exclusivity that promotes the black market.

bglir
01-14-2017, 05:38 AM
I do agree and understand the feelings of those who have helped and made contribution over the years, others and including me have stayed on and played over the years facing many ups and downs PL have to offer, what many of the old and still active players wants is just a shred of identity a recognition like the 'Medal of Honor', since everything have been striped of our vanity's, all because of those irresponsible who have sold or have been robbed of there account to become 'The impersonator', we have lost our Past and our honor that we have so loyally defended, Some have been awarded for personal acts of valor above and beyond the call of duty to make this game great, Painlessly endlessly contribute hosting community events and games, and many act thru ideas and words of wisdom in forum are the 'keyboard Warrior' (accept me and Waug, we murder and butcher English Grammar) :hopelessness:, So what are we have left??? We are the victim of current circumstances, DUE TO THIS WE ARE THE FALLEN HERO THE FORGOTTEN HERO THE PEOPLE WITH NO IDENTITY, How can we tell and how can we Proof and how can we mentor the new players if we our self cannot proof who we are and how we have made thru the many many years contributing to this game that we love so much and stayed on, what i am feeling now its just a Pile of Poop, many of us don't want to be salute, don't want to be worshiped, all we have wanted is the identity that just one small token of vanity a single vanity that can explain why and the reasons we have it, so we can tell how it was like before, how was it before, its like being a senior citizen getting 50% discount riding a bus, with this single token of vanity's its our last shred of identity's.

Cinco, Please grant this forgotten and fallen hero of time, i want my Pink Pony.

Ruby!!!
01-14-2017, 05:48 AM
I do agree and understand the feelings of those who have helped and made contribution over the years, others and including me have stayed on and played over the years facing many ups and downs PL have to offer, what many of the old and still active players wants is just a shred of identity a recognition like the 'Medal of Honor', since everything have been striped of our vanity's, all because of those irresponsible who have sold or have been robbed of there account to become 'The impersonator', we have lost our Past and our honor that we have so loyally defended, Some have been awarded for personal acts of valor above and beyond the call of duty to make this game great, Painlessly endlessly contribute hosting community events and games, and many act thru ideas and words of wisdom in forum are the 'keyboard Warrior' (accept me and Waug, we murder and butcher English Grammar) :hopelessness:, So what are we have left??? We are the victim of current circumstances, DUE TO THIS WE ARE THE FALLEN HERO THE FORGOTTEN HERO THE PEOPLE WITH NO IDENTITY, How can we tell and how can we Proof and how can we mentor the new players if we our self cannot proof who we are and how we have made thru the many many years contributing to this game that we love so much and stayed on, what i am feeling now its just a Pile of Poop, many of us don't want to be salute, don't want to be worshiped, all we have wanted is the identity that just one small token of vanity a single vanity that can explain why and the reasons we have it, so we can tell how it was like before, how was it before, its like being a senior citizen getting 50% discount riding a bus, with this single token of vanity's its our last shred of identity's.

Cinco, Please grant this forgotten and fallen hero of time, i want my Pink Pony.
No. No. No.
It MUST be a light purple pony to go with founders and gratitude

[emoji14]

iamthesurvivor
01-14-2017, 07:34 AM
I've always wondered which year establishes yourself as an oldie. Is it no later than 2010 or 2011?

HeyitsTubs
01-14-2017, 11:10 AM
Or perhaps instead of shields based on when you've joined, you should be granted a shield for the x years you have had an sts account. That way players have an incentive to continue playing.

Fwend
01-14-2017, 12:21 PM
I love the idea of a gift awarded to players for the time they have played the game.

However, there are consequences to that idea.

Yes the exclusiveness of those accounts will make them appealing to those ego based players who want recognition for something they didn't earn legitimately.

Why do players continue to blackmarket accounts and items?
- Its all about ego and feeling good, thinking you are better than others,
- The laziness of levelling up toons to use for PVP and and PVE.
- To benefit and make real life money off a demand in all online games.

The integrity of the games are always compromised when an account is sold. PL was much less toxic back then, when players wanted to help each other and played just for friends and the love of the game.

Now the game is full of greedy players who want to cheat and scam, lie, impersonate, all for personal gratification of the scam and profiting real life money from all this.

You have the ego based players who wish to stand around all day and show off and pretend they are the best on an online game because they bought items and accounts for real life money. They are the ones who feed this blackmarket.

What is the solution?

There is no easy fix, that will make everyone happy.

I was discussing this with my friend who works in IT, the grey space of internet security.

How does STS prove that someone has bought an account? if there is no sufficient evidence on their game? They can not use other social applications evidence since they do not have access to their databases and any screen shot can be fabricated.

Can STS run a back ground report on all accounts that have changed from their original email, check the different ISP addresses used on those accounts, check the number of times the original email has been changed.

But does that still prove the person has sold the account? In many cases this is so. In rare occasions the owner is just protective over internet security and changes their password often.

I say be like Oprah, make people happy, give back to others.

Mess
01-14-2017, 03:18 PM
Or perhaps instead of shields based on when you've joined, you should be granted a shield for the x years you have had an sts account. That way players have an incentive to continue playing.

Huhhh, thats something already lmao

3pc
01-14-2017, 03:23 PM
Well i guess this update was made to cancel out all the black market but I do agree with some sort of vanity to show the difference between oldies and new gens but it will bring black market up again.

Burningdex
01-14-2017, 08:03 PM
No. No. No.
It MUST be a light purple pony to go with founders and gratitude

[emoji14]

yes please!

Ignitedmage
01-14-2017, 11:38 PM
You guys don't challenge cinco or soon we'll have ponies running in the townes

Burningdex
01-15-2017, 12:04 AM
You guys don't challenge cinco or soon we'll have ponies running in the townes
you're making that sound like that would be an issue.

Ignitedmage
01-15-2017, 02:12 AM
you're making that sound like that would be an issue.

Nah that would be great, as PL will stay PL
Pony Legends!

Burningdex
01-15-2017, 04:27 AM
Nah that would be great, as PL will stay PL
Pony Legends!

would much rather farmin' legends

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/images/misc/Farmin-Legends-youtube.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

Ignitedmage
01-15-2017, 10:07 AM
would much rather farmin' legends

No Tradeable Legends best!