PDA

View Full Version : The New Pl

Spullllll
01-14-2017, 12:48 PM
I have seen many people say good and bad things about the new tradeable vanities. This being, "oh this is great" or "my items dont matter" or even "I am a oldie but no one knows because new people can get my vanities." The reason this happened was to prevent account buying/selling. A friend by the name of Ruby also made a very valid points about old vanities. He said that he enjoyed the grind for items such as CoP. He also said that this was all he needed, his exclusive memories. He had also said in a thread that the newer people or the people who couldnt obtain these items could save up and say, "yay, finally have enough for CoP or Hallows Shield." Another thing that has came up is if the items are really that important, then why would you sell them? If you really cared about the items you earned DO NOT SELL THEM. All these old vanities didnt even have to be put on the market if people actually wanted to keep them. Me, Personally, I am a 2012 player who didnt cap until 76 because of school and sports and such. I personally know that if I wouldve capped I couldve gotten the vanities, but I hadnt cappped. This is why I enjoy this update because I am able to get what I couldnt have. Oh, and last thing the best thing Ive heard about this update, vanities are for looks. Vanities are what makes people not look ugly with the sets. IMO vanities are only supposed to be for looks and if You wanted them to be exclusive dont sell them. This update will most likely not be reversed because so many more people enjoy it than not.

Ty for reading if you did :)

cur
01-14-2017, 01:10 PM
IMO

I think PL developers should spend more time inproving their in-game systems (consignment shop or friends lists to name a few) and making them better looking/ more efficient instead of pumping out new content.

there are plenty of suggestions in the suggestions section so i'm not going list them all.
This isn't me trying to be mean, I know how hard the devs work and I appreciate it, but maybe they are trying to tackle a problem that isn't even there

tasakli
01-14-2017, 02:05 PM
but maybe they are trying to tackle a problem that isn't even there
That problem is definetely there.

Basically all those people who are talking about 'exclusivity', actualy means the value of their account that they could have sold for. But now accounts are simply worth nothing. But I see something else coming now.

Spullllll
01-14-2017, 02:59 PM
That problem is definetely there.

Basically all those people who are talking about 'exclusivity', actualy means the value of their account that they could have sold for. But now accounts are simply worth nothing. But I see something else coming now.

What might u see coming?

Congeniality
01-14-2017, 03:56 PM
What might u see coming?

A Walie presidential administration? Make PL great again?

Ignitedmage
01-14-2017, 11:47 PM
Those who actually cared about the vanities haven't sold them yet, except for those who wanted gold, and i know this update was done to shut down black market and there is also a post of cinco on an other thread where he claimed that they had no value left for exclusive item after one account was sold on the black market but the problem now is that you cannot differentiate between people.

Let me give an example, let's say that some new player saw someone with cop and fang S"and went to him to ask about the early PL, the 2010 one, and that guy with fang armour joined in 2015.
I bet he ll make up a story and tell him. People can now win the title of "i'm oldie" without letting to prove anything...

Apa
01-15-2017, 06:00 AM
But did anyone ever think.. for example
if you had a matching forum name with your in game name
or even if you had another name on forums but people still knew who you were in game and on forums
They can just look at when the forum account was made
I mean it's probably the only thing left to show who is an oldie and who is not

Ruby!!!
01-15-2017, 06:08 AM
Who knows how many forum accounts have been sold
Just kidding :D
Well at least I hope that hasn't happened yet...

Burningdex
01-15-2017, 06:31 AM
i really hope they havent sold forum accs before.

Spullllll
01-15-2017, 11:38 AM
or even if you had another name on forums but people still knew who you were in game and on forums

Nope I disagree because I played in 2012 and my forums account was made in 2016.

Suentous PO
01-15-2017, 11:45 AM

There is a suentous in pl, and a suentouspo in al neither are me doe
And some "new" forumers have been around in various incarnations

Kingzila
01-16-2017, 01:38 AM
IMO

I think PL developers should spend more time inproving their in-game systems (consignment shop or friends lists to name a few) and making them better looking/ more efficient instead of pumping out new content.

there are plenty of suggestions in the suggestions section so i'm not going list them all.
This isn't me trying to be mean, I know how hard the devs work and I appreciate it, but maybe they are trying to tackle a problem that isn't even there

I honestly like the idea of this update making things more open & economical like a real world market where anything sellable. Though I'd love to see more guild updates to improve it's functionally, I can see the need to for new content as well & how it benefits the community.

As for fixing issues that don't exist, believe me it does exist. Account scamming & item scamming was the biggest issue to hit pl since YOLA scams & multiple account bot scamming. This update completely nuked the issue in the arse & then some.
No longer will you need to trade with someone to get as specific item & risk getting scammed, just tell them to list on cs & buy it.

cur
01-16-2017, 01:01 PM
There is a suentous in pl, and a suentouspo in al neither are me doe
And some "new" forumers have been around in various incarnations

I talked to suentous in PL and I said "hai sue ur a forum legend" and whoever it is just accepted it and said "heh yeah thx"

cur
01-16-2017, 01:03 PM
I honestly like the idea of this update making things more open & economical like a real world market where anything sellable. Though I'd love to see more guild updates to improve it's functionally, I can see the need to for new content as well & how it benefits the community.

As for fixing issues that don't exist, believe me it does exist. Account scamming & item scamming was the biggest issue to hit pl since YOLA scams & multiple account bot scamming. This update completely nuked the issue in the arse & then some.
No longer will you need to trade with someone to get as specific item & risk getting scammed, just tell them to list on cs & buy it.

By "pumping out new content" I was referring to the new items they added (strax/intex/derex/all psyco items/ new esb) with the engineer/vendors...

I'm indifferent to what they are doing with making everything tradable, and I understand it will demolish account buyers

Suentous PO
01-16-2017, 06:32 PM
I talked to suentous in PL and I said "hai sue ur a forum legend" and whoever it is just accepted it and said "heh yeah thx"

Gross! Yeh tried to impersonate me to some friends also.
Were they in a guild ?

cur
01-17-2017, 10:42 PM
Gross! Yeh tried to impersonate me to some friends also.
Were they in a guild ?

Not sure it was a while ago :/

Trenton
01-18-2017, 01:34 AM
Not sure it was a while ago :/ 158314 well well well

Suentous PO
01-18-2017, 04:29 PM
nice weiner Trenton!! :*

Jilsponie
01-19-2017, 12:25 PM

I created my pl account 2011 but my forum account 2016. Hands for help had a guild forum we used.

Ruby!!!
01-19-2017, 12:39 PM
Maybe it's not that important when it was that someone joined PL
Playing this game for a long time isn't a guarantee for them being OK people or even nice or helpful