PDA

View Full Version : Is it allowed to sell igns?

Blind
10-02-2011, 05:50 PM
As the title says, is it allowed to sell igns? I'm planning to sell some cool names for twinks, later when pvp comes out.

Silentarrow
10-02-2011, 05:52 PM
I don't see why not...

Ebalere
10-02-2011, 05:54 PM
I have a few sweet ones saved up as well, Chaos, hercules, georgejetson, etc.

Blind
10-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Samurai, Warlord, Bushido, Shogun, Rusher, Bouncer. Oh yeah, i'll be able to make some cash, rich people will buy for their twinks.

Bakoffmycandy
10-02-2011, 06:07 PM
I paid a friend 2k in credits for the name URL. He was joking asking for 1k & I paid him 2k because I really wanted the name. Went well with my other 2 characters :)

Blind
10-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Nice, i'm gonna wait it out a bit, in 6 months samurai will cost more than 2k heheh

razerfingers
10-02-2011, 06:23 PM
Great idea i think my last name trueblood(as well as one of my toons) will sell for some extra credits

ProSophist
10-02-2011, 06:56 PM
I'll definitely pay for the name "Tiger." :(

SuperNas
10-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Why not?

StompArtist
10-02-2011, 06:59 PM
I don't think it is allowed better ask a dev.

CanonicalKoi
10-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Well, everybody can give you an answer. Whether it's the right answer or not.... :D There's always the support email--support(at)spacetimestudios.com where they can give the the straight story. Otherwise, a Dev might miss the thread.

ExperimentNebulaCore
10-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Samurai, Warlord, Bushido, Shogun, Rusher, Bouncer. Oh yeah, i'll be able to make some cash, rich people will buy for their twinks.

Someone took rusher already. Lol

Cytokinesis
10-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Blindmaster did :stupid:

Silentarrow
10-02-2011, 07:07 PM

Those are the names he is reserving atm.

BodMaster
10-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Believe it is as long as its not for real money etc.. (It happens in MMO's

Ellyidol
10-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Sensitive question, IMO. Almost like cross-game trading, someone has to do their side of the deal first, so a very large opportunity to scam :(

Best for dev to decide, personally I don't see anything wrong with it, unless it'll cause a lot of CS problems..

Blind
10-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Well it could be done via forums, and i'd personally only do it with people who have a good reputation ( and no i'm not talking about this stupid red bar on the left <---, mine got abused by a group of haters). I mean if it's some random guy who has one post and ign - uezahudebas then i'd probably pass lol, u know what i'm saying.

BodMaster
10-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Well it could be done via forums, and i'd personally only do it with people who have a good reputation ( and no i'm not talking about this stupid red bar on the left <---, mine got abused by a group of haters). I mean if it's some random guy who has one post and ign - uezahudebas then i'd probably pass lol, u know what i'm saying.

Haha.. id listen to canon.. and email beforew doing so.. but we are talking months away right.. will have a decision by then :D

Blind
10-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Yeah i might as well email support and ask.

razerfingers
10-02-2011, 08:42 PM
I got my red bar on purpose :)
EDIT: everyone should thumbs down this post to make my -56 bigger

deafmaster
10-02-2011, 09:11 PM
i got the name .... CRAP..... Might sell that one day, might not ;-) lol

Blind
10-02-2011, 10:16 PM
i got the name .... CRAP..... Might sell that one day, might not ;-) lol
Crap ftw lol!

Phoenixking
10-02-2011, 10:35 PM
That iz da booooomb :P lol

Redbridge
10-03-2011, 02:27 AM
I mean if it's some random guy who has one post and ign - uezahudebas then i'd probably pass lol, u know what i'm saying.

My toon is called UEZAHUDEBAS!!! jk

Sound like you're gonna check anyways now, but as you felt the need to post on the forums and also, that there is no clear answer I reckon it'd be a good idea to check.

As already stated above there is no secure way of trading IGNs so it might not be something STS would like to see introduced on a large scale. Sounds like some have already done it safely but make sure you are ultra careful when handing over anything outside of secure trade.

I saw someone with SRINGY in SL, I'd have loved that but not sure I'd pay for it though....lol

BodMaster
10-03-2011, 02:35 AM
My toon is called UEZAHUDEBAS!!! jk

Sound like you're gonna check anyways now, but as you felt the need to post on the forums and also, that there is no clear answer I reckon it'd be a good idea to check.

As already stated above there is no secure way of trading IGNs so it might not be something STS would like to see introduced on a large scale. Sounds like some have already done it safely but make sure you are ultra careful when handing over anything outside of secure trade.

I saw someone with SRINGY in SL, I'd have loved that but not sure I'd pay for it though....lol

Though you felt the need to add it to your Sig??? hahaha Sringy! Just read all of the posts on it ;)

SuperNas
10-03-2011, 05:09 AM
That's just stupid (not anyone here...just the idea)....why wouldn't it be allowed? Give me a decent reason and ill give you a valid one.

Blind
10-03-2011, 05:13 AM
That's just stupid (not anyone here...just the idea)....why wouldn't it be allowed? Give me a decent reason and ill give you a valid one.
Well why cross game trades are not allowed? What if i don't want to play pl anymore and other guy doesn't want to plat sl, and i wanted to buy his x rays for 2 mil pl gold. Sounds fair, but it is not allowed. That's why i'm asking about this one.

Ellyidol
10-03-2011, 05:27 AM
Well why cross game trades are not allowed? What if i don't want to play pl anymore and other guy doesn't want to plat sl, and i wanted to buy his x rays for 2 mil pl gold. Sounds fair, but it is not allowed. That's why i'm asking about this one.

Exactly. In the words of Sam, only deals doable in the in-game trade window is acceptable. I don't know with this though, doesn't hurt to ask.

KingFu
10-03-2011, 05:27 AM
I was told by a dev this was not allowed. Too easy to scam.

SuperNas
10-03-2011, 05:28 AM
Blindmaster did :stupid:

Lmao

SuperNas
10-03-2011, 05:29 AM
I was told by a dev this was not allowed. Too easy to scam.

Very true but I'm sure blindmaster ain't out to screw someone over

KingFu
10-03-2011, 05:37 AM

Not saying he would. However, it is against the rules, no matter the person, it isn't allowed from what I was told:) You may get a different answer however, since I had asked before when I recently started playing if trading a player an iTunes card for an item was allowed. One dev said it shouldn't be a problem, another said it's bannable:p

SuperNas
10-03-2011, 06:06 AM

Not saying he would. However, it is against the rules, no matter the person, it isn't allowed from what I was told:) You may get a different answer however, since I had asked before when I recently started playing if trading a player an iTunes card for an item was allowed. One dev said it shouldn't be a problem, another said it's bannable:p

Not worth taking the chance aha

Booya
10-03-2011, 07:22 AM
The only trading that is allowed is what you can do via the secure trade window in game - by Samhayne.

How can we put "name of character" in trade window.

Rules are rules, but no lies...if some1 want sell char or trade items from PL to SL he will just do it.
Samhayne want protect us from scammers. Thanks to him of course =) But it could be better to allow trades that cant be done via trade window (trading items from PL to ST or selling names) and add a note "on your own risk - we (devs and gods) will not take responsibility for your decision"
Also i do not like idea with selling names. Come on....who do you think you are....
If you want sell characters, sure do it. But exp him to max lvl with for example 0 deaths. But making 100 accounts (said 100 but it can be even 5 only - you got the idea) only to reserve names and sell them is stupid. You are just selfish. This is worse than scam as scam can be avoided. And what can do guy that cannot use his lovely alias because some1 reserved it to make money?? Nothing. He can just pay you or give up. Yeye call me how you want. I said what i think and you have chance to comment me of course.

PS: well i wanted create character "poor" but it was reserved too. I have great memories with "poor" word (no details) and i wanted back to past and celebrete it by using that very special for me name. Now im forced to use casual word. Something that has no sentimental value. I just hope that name is used by some1 who is really playing. Not by some1 who is reserving a lot of names just to sell them in future.

deafmaster
10-03-2011, 03:59 PM
The only trading that is allowed is what you can do via the secure trade window in game - by Samhayne.

How can we put "name of character" in trade window.

Rules are rules, but no lies...if some1 want sell char or trade items from PL to SL he will just do it.
Samhayne want protect us from scammers. Thanks to him of course =) But it could be better to allow trades that cant be done via trade window (trading items from PL to ST or selling names) and add a note "on your own risk - we (devs and gods) will not take responsibility for your decision"
Also i do not like idea with selling names. Come on....who do you think you are....
If you want sell characters, sure do it. But exp him to max lvl with for example 0 deaths. But making 100 accounts (said 100 but it can be even 5 only - you got the idea) only to reserve names and sell them is stupid. You are just selfish. This is worse than scam as scam can be avoided. And what can do guy that cannot use his lovely alias because some1 reserved it to make money?? Nothing. He can just pay you or give up. Yeye call me how you want. I said what i think and you have chance to comment me of course.

PS: well i wanted create character "poor" but it was reserved too. I have great memories with "poor" word (no details) and i wanted back to past and celebrete it by using that very special for me name. Now im forced to use casual word. Something that has no sentimental value. I just hope that name is used by some1 who is really playing. Not by some1 who is reserving a lot of names just to sell them in future.

You are entitled to your opinion and make some strong arguments. I know now that it is not allowed so i won't argue with that. However you can't blame a guy for asking the if it is allowed, and for trying to make business. I can say with reasonable certainty that the "reserving of names" has been happening since SL's beta days, and that there must be thousands of names that are lying dormant. If it were allowed and some guy offered you "poor" for 2000 credits, I'm pretty sure you'd be happy to get it back, and happy that it wasn't wasting away. Just saying, it could have worked out in your favor too :-)

Reggin
10-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Just want to play devils advocate on this issue. You can sell guilds, according to the developers. That transaction cannot be done via the trade window.

Yvonnel
10-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Just want to play devils advocate on this issue. You can sell guilds, according to the developers. That transaction cannot be done via the trade window.

I would like to see the post that says this. The only thing I recall was a statement that you can transfer the guild to someone else. I wouldn't recommend exchanging credits (or gold in PL) for guild leadership. Pretty sure that is not ok.

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate