PDA

View Full Version : Helping out lower lvl players.

modredd
10-02-2011, 06:03 PM
I noticed a lvl 53 warrior today not wearing the best gear, We struck up a conversation and this boy was wearing what he had won, all the gear was Lvl 51 and he was being killed left and right in Nuri.
I hear of players spending 6-8 million on Demon armor(And I think that IS fine as well) but just spending 200,000 on this kid made his day.
Not all players with out resource beg but if you see someone not decked out to the nines,help them out a bit,It doesnt hurt to ask.
Sometimes I worry adults have taken over the game but I want the kids and young adults to have fun as well. His armor went up 40 places and he was very happy and that made me feel good.
:apple:

Cytokinesis
10-02-2011, 06:06 PM
ya, even if one person helps atleast one other person, Alterra would be a much more happier place :)

Pakax
10-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Devs should create a "shield of altruism".

No kidding :-)

Ps: when you get it, it heals your party with shield = really cool

Nick41324
10-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Nice person :) most I've ever given away was like 100k :D

McBain
10-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Whenever I get a good drop I can't use, rather than sell it, I always look around whatever town I'm in to see if anybody hanging out has lower level gear, and if what I have is better than what they have equipped, I'll give it to them. I was gifted gear by random strangers a couple times when I first started playing, so I like to pass the good karma along. That may not happen quite as much now that I started playing a secondary toon for the first time, so I may be saving some hand-me-downs.

On the other hand, maybe a good recommendation to this fellow is that he probably shouldn't be playing in Nuri's at level 53 to begin with. Even with great gear, it's easy to die there if you don't know what you're doing. Nuri's is a big jump from AO. Spending some more time in the Sewers will not only help him with the progression to a higher level of play, but in the process he'll also get better gear naturally.

Silentarrow
10-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Thanks for helping out the community!

Roc
10-02-2011, 08:30 PM
I'm sure he'll remember what you did for him and hopefully do the same for someone in the future :frog:

pastrychef
10-02-2011, 08:39 PM
That's a great thing you did. I remember struggling as a new player and would love to help more people out. However, I always have a fear that word would spread and I'd be bombarded with endless requests for gear. Also, in the past, I've been backstabbed by someone whom I gave tons of stuff to. That left me quite jaded.

ZAurbanSQWRL
10-02-2011, 09:00 PM
So your helping people? Well in that case i would love a high lvl to help me to lvl 48 ( im currently lvl 45 ) thanks :) inbox me if u can help me

modredd
10-02-2011, 09:18 PM
He didn't ask I offered.

Zeus
10-02-2011, 09:19 PM
So your helping people? Well in that case i would love a high lvl to help me to lvl 48 ( im currently lvl 45 ) thanks :) inbox me if u can help me

Prime example of why help is so scarce nowadays.

modredd
10-02-2011, 10:00 PM
I have to look at the glass half full and not change my outlook.
This wasnt about leveling up in the first place if you read the post but like I said sometimes you are at the right place and time.
I wasnt all consumed with me and the need to win pinks,lol
Apollo,Ive asked you for money a couple of times,Some people have so much of it and I would love to have a glymp wand to complete my set.
But the moral is give back to a game the has given me so much,If not money,time etc...
The other day a player had a question and NO one would respond,Thats just crazy.
Help comes in many forms but what you put out you will get back in some form or another.
:o

Zeus
10-02-2011, 10:43 PM
I have to look at the glass half full and not change my outlook.
This wasnt about leveling up in the first place if you read the post but like I said sometimes you are at the right place and time.
I wasnt all consumed with me and the need to win pinks,lol
Apollo,Ive asked you for money a couple of times,Some people have so much of it and I would love to have a glymp wand to complete my set.
But the moral is give back to a game the has given me so much,If not money,time etc...
The other day a player had a question and NO one would respond,Thats just crazy.
Help comes in many forms but what you put out you will get back in some form or another.

Modredd, I give money based on when I feel generous, not when others ask it of me. Also, I needed to spend over 17M for the demonic strength set, which is why I wasn't so keen on lending you 2M out of the blue. Especially since we barely talk and when we do, sometimes it is about money. I really like helping, but not when asked.

Whirlzap
10-02-2011, 10:55 PM
OUCH. Heh, you know what that reminds me of?

Whirlz: Hey Apollo you wouldn't mind lending me 5M right?
Apollo: Uhh, what for?
Whirlz: I'm saving up to pay back that 99M you lent me...

THE WORLD.

modredd
10-03-2011, 12:47 AM
My point exactly you shouldn't give with the expectation of receiving, and also it doesn't hurt to ask for the worst you can say is no.
I think the thread is getting off topic Let's try to keep a positive like it was and not personal.

pastrychef
10-03-2011, 07:18 AM

Maybe you were luckier than I, but no one gave me anything when I was new to the game. I gladly answer questions when time permits.

Then, there are people who ask for gold and when you say no, they tell you to die. Why would anyone want to help???

ExperimentNebulaCore
10-03-2011, 07:44 AM
OUCH. Heh, you know what that reminds me of?
[QUOTE]
Whirlz: Hey Apollo you wouldn't mind lending me 5M right?
Apollo: Uhh, what for?
Whirlz: I'm saving up to pay back that 99M you lent me...

LMFAO

RedRyder
10-03-2011, 07:52 AM
i started in the beginning, so there was never anyone to set me up that way lol, but ive had friends help me tremendously; from giving me an item worth a boatload free of charge, to lending me millions with no desire to be payed back (best believe i still pay them back lol)

i have helped players in the same fashion that you did and it feels amazing. one which most of you may know, i helped Thugimmortal and now his a stand up player.
so as you can see, a little help does go a long way.

back in the lv 30 cap days, i used to give away the then super hot dreamer, sniper, and conqueror bone gear to the less lucky.

i know youve gotten a bad wrap mod, even from me, but youve earned my respect ^_^

wvhills
10-03-2011, 09:19 AM

I'll help you level to 48. My IGNs are in my sig. Let me know urs so I'll accept your friend request.