PDA

View Full Version : Is this guy trying to rip me off? I don't know the prices.

csb
10-03-2011, 02:12 AM
I was playing in Nuri, and Thegoatking joined the group late. He asked me if i have any crafted items, and i checked. I had one, a Glyphic Blade Steel. He offered to give me 15k for it, saying he needed to craft something. I didn't say anything, but kept playing. He kept wanting to trade, but i waited until I checked cs first. He was still sending me tells, when i reported that the cheapest in cs was 360k. He said, "oh, i guess they went up. it was 25k last time i crafted." Then he offered 250k. I put it up in cs for 350k, and it sold within 5 minutes.

Was this guy trying to rip me off? Or did the price used to be 25k? I hate to think there are people creepy enough scam players like that.

Trollee
10-03-2011, 02:15 AM
The prices began at around 500k when the crafted items were first released, correct me if im wrong. So yes, he was definitely trying to rip you off.

JaytB
10-03-2011, 02:24 AM
The prices began at around 500k when the crafted items were first released, correct me if im wrong. So yes, he was definitely trying to rip you off.

I bought my first steels off of cs for 150-250k (The second day they dropped). There might be one or 2 that priced them at 500k, never saw that though.

On topic, yeah, he definitely was trying to rip you off. They were never 25k. But, you did good, you should ALWAYS at least check CS prices before buying or selling anything IMO.

Current prices of steels range between 300-360k.

Riccits
10-03-2011, 02:29 AM
my impression is that the drop rate of that stuff was lowered since the little update of saturday night.
those steel wont go down so fast..

Whirlzap
10-03-2011, 05:37 AM
Isn't thegoatking on the forums?0.0

Cahaun
10-03-2011, 05:52 AM
Thats a scammer indeed. Don't sell it for less than 100k. Its too rare.

SuperNas
10-03-2011, 06:10 AM
Isn't thegoatking on the forums?0.0

Whoa...

Moogerfooger
10-03-2011, 06:16 AM
my impression is that the drop rate of that stuff was lowered since the little update of saturday night.
those steel wont go down so fast..

I saw more Steels drop Sunday than I ever had (unfortunately none to me). It still wasn't a lot, but enough to make me think that whatever patch there was this weekend may not have anything to do with Steel drop rates.

Riccits
10-03-2011, 06:59 AM
I saw more Steels drop Sunday than I ever had (unfortunately none to me). It still wasn't a lot, but enough to make me think that whatever patch there was this weekend may not have anything to do with Steel drop rates.

it was more about all craft materials. i and all others of party got way lesser than usual, but could just vvvvv bl

will watch it further today

Doubletime
10-03-2011, 08:21 AM
it was more about all craft materials. i and all others of party got way lesser than usual, but could just vvvvv bl

will watch it further today

I'm with Moog on this one. I saw a good bit of crafting materials drops on Sunday, including several steels. Also 5 glyphs in only around 3 hours of farming. So I am not sure about the drop rates being affected. We may have just been very lucky, or you may have been very unlucky Ricci. Not sure. But at least days like that give me hope after the increadible dry spell I had the last week or two. :)

Palyna
10-10-2011, 10:04 PM
ohh I just mention at another thread that I sold one guy for 100k when it dropped on me cause I didnt check the price~! But luckily I got another two left.

Fallen_Chisk_Angels
10-28-2011, 12:38 AM
anyone know wut boss drops mostly glyph steels?

Whirlzap
10-28-2011, 05:49 AM
All mini-boss drops it.
All bosses drop it.
I would say Lion's Den or House of Pain, it has most bosses and fast access.

Mageprodigy
10-30-2011, 04:45 AM
yep!