PDA

View Full Version : Estimate how long before demonic prices drop?

WhoIsThis
10-03-2011, 02:40 AM
By far the biggest bottleneck to crafting is the glyphic blade steel which goes for around 300-350k a piece.

Any ideas on how long before prices fall? I would assume that once the group of players willing to pay top dollar starts to exhaust itself, prices should fall significantly then stabilise.

LoveMadrid
10-03-2011, 02:45 AM
It's not gonna fall anytime soon with this drop rate =(

Riccits
10-03-2011, 03:01 AM
By far the biggest bottleneck to crafting is the glyphic blade steel which goes for around 300-350k a piece.

Any ideas on how long before prices fall? I would assume that once the group of players willing to pay top dollar starts to exhaust itself, prices should fall significantly then stabilise.

probably rise, to me seems drop rate lowered since last update

Kakatoa91
10-03-2011, 03:04 AM
Probably next year,
When it will be obsolete with the new map and lvl cap... if not the next cap after that one... :D

NECROREAPER
10-03-2011, 03:32 AM

This^

The biggest downfall to crafting is the price of it, which is making players turn away from it. Im sure this is exactly the opposite of what STS had planned for the demonic sets.

JaytB
10-03-2011, 03:47 AM
Im sure this is exactly the opposite of what STS had planned for the demonic sets.

I'm not so sure about that. Maybe they wanted to make the components more rare, so that it would take people longer to get their sets crafted. It gives people something to work towards. If everybody could get their crafting components easily, there wouldn't be much of a sense of accomplishement IMO. People currently farm a lot, to be able to get the crafting components, meaning more play time. On top of that, many people get bored once they have everything. Making crafting components rare, prolongues the play-time necessary to get all these components, and that might actually have been the developers' goal. When dailies where introduced to get crafting components, many people only did these daily quests. Now that that's not possible anymore, people actually need to farm for them, as opposed to do 1 run :)

Riccits
10-03-2011, 03:57 AM
yeah, devs do all to keep us playing :)

cmangalos
10-03-2011, 04:25 AM
When mt. fang comes it town

Megabird56
10-03-2011, 05:20 AM
I think prices will probably rise as more people become lvl 60 and want to craft demonic stuff.

The trend thus far is that it has risen. I bought my glyphic blades when prices were still in between 200-250 thousand. I started buying them when I noticed they were slowly going up in price until I had enough to craft a full set, which is quite a bit.

I think I used at least 20, maybe more I can't remember, to craft the autobow set. There's probably only about 15 to 25 blades listed at once in cs, so you'd have to buy out all the cs inventory just to craft one set!

So I wouldn't be surprised to see them breaking 400k a piece soon.

KingFu
10-03-2011, 05:24 AM
When mt. fang comes it town

I see Mt Fang being a Halloween campaign, which won't lower any prices if it's been like all the other holiday campaigns where the gear is only decent from levels 30 and under:p

As for the sets, I see a fall then quick rise. They'll drop a little, and once people can afford them, they'll get snatched up and shoot up again.

Megabird56
10-03-2011, 05:31 AM
(error post)

Whirlzap
10-03-2011, 05:39 AM
Haha easy.
When Devs release that platinum set we have all been waiting for.
/sarcasm.

Pakax
10-03-2011, 07:03 AM
not dropping for another six months at least I reckon, the more people farm, the more money they have. So there will always be buyers. That is, if the drop rate doesn't change. If it changes very slightly, then there would be loads more on CS and prices could drop short term. REally a question to ask the devs... :-))

Doubletime
10-03-2011, 07:53 AM
I agree that the price will likely not drop anytime soon. What makes steel so pricey is that around 4 are required for every demonic piece. That means that not only players will be buying to craft, but also merchants are on the lookout for cheaper priced steel. Then they resale for the higher price caused by the demand and low supply. Every steel I have listed for sale under 350k has sold within a couple hours. So the demand is definately there even at those prices.

Pakax
10-03-2011, 09:29 AM
I agree that the price will likely not drop anytime soon. What makes steel so pricey is that around 4 are required for every demonic piece. That means that not only players will be buying to craft, but also merchants are on the lookout for cheaper priced steel. Then they resale for the higher price caused by the demand and low supply. Every steel I have listed for sale under 350k has sold within a couple hours. So the demand is definately there even at those prices.

Exactly pending a slight change in drop rate... :-))

Rare
10-03-2011, 10:13 AM
The worst part is once Mt Fang comes, if there is newer more elite gear, people will have spent A LOT of gold for something that is less attractive.

But who knows what kind of content STS will add.

Xylic
10-03-2011, 11:51 AM
I'm not so sure about that. Maybe they wanted to make the components more rare, so that it would take people longer to get their sets crafted. It gives people something to work towards. If everybody could get their crafting components easily, there wouldn't be much of a sense of accomplishement IMO. People currently farm a lot, to be able to get the crafting components, meaning more play time. On top of that, many people get bored once they have everything. Making crafting components rare, prolongues the play-time necessary to get all these components, and that might actually have been the developers' goal. When dailies where introduced to get crafting components, many people only did these daily quests. Now that that's not possible anymore, people actually need to farm for them, as opposed to do 1 run :)

Hehehe, This made me laugh Jay.

Sorry I don't post much, but I do troll a lot. :distracted: As to your comment you have nothing to work towards, no sense of accomplishment, and your bored! LoL :encouragement:

BTW: I do agree with ya.

AdinoEznite
10-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Hehehe, This made me laugh Jay.

Sorry I don't post much, but I do troll a lot. :distracted: As to your comment you have nothing to work towards, no sense of accomplishment, and your bored! LoL :encouragement:

BTW: I do agree with ya.
hahaha wow thats kinda true

im sure jaytb enjoys himself still but if he applied his post to himself then yea he was like the 2nd person to get a set soz...haha

LoveMadrid
10-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Lol now the blade steels are 400k O.o how are we gonna craft demon now .!.?

thewolf
10-03-2011, 07:00 PM
Lol i personsly think people over price thing realy over price it might be hard to find but way to much

Slush
10-04-2011, 12:00 AM
How about make daily quests that reward crafting components, yet they take longer than the sewers ones, because these prices are way out of hand :/