Librarian
01-20-2017, 06:59 AM
Which quest to choose at Chancel of Light Cathedral for Mage/Rogue/Warrior

Donquixoth
01-20-2017, 08:20 AM
They said in the beginning of the expansion:
Luminous for defense
Dark for attack
Maybe it will affect on the weapon proc.

My preference:

Mage and Rogue : Dark Apostle
Warrior: Luminous Templar

will0
01-20-2017, 09:00 AM
any idea if we choose the wrong quest can we change?

Clickbangboom
01-20-2017, 10:27 AM
any idea if we choose the wrong quest can we change?

I read once awhile back, like in an expansion teaser, that you can change which order you choose but you have to go through all the ranks again...
So choose wisely!

will0
01-23-2017, 06:08 PM
i have completed the templar quest and now exalted i don't see any NPC in chance of light giving me option to change to apostle.

I got the mythical halo helm which looks cool but the stats is bad +40 all stats (no armor no damage no crits .. etc ...), why are we given a mythic halo helm when the stats is bad and worst that balance helm? Initially i thought is a quest item now i find it like a vanity but is is not really one.

Any one knows how the quest to change the from light to dark which NPC to go to ?

Carapace
01-23-2017, 07:07 PM
you can change by talking to Septum Uru to begin the questline, however you have to be very very sure you want to do this! You can go back and forth as many times as you like.

The old documentation that mention Luminous being defensive and Dark Apostle offensive based are not actually how they ended up as both of them acquire equal stats. The major difference is in boss mechanic relevance and also what can be crafted.

will0
01-23-2017, 07:44 PM
you can change by talking to Septum Uru to begin the questline, however you have to be very very sure you want to do this! You can go back and forth as many times as you like.

The old documentation that mention Luminous being defensive and Dark Apostle offensive based are not actually how they ended up as both of them acquire equal stats. The major difference is in boss mechanic relevance and also what can be crafted.

Thanks Cara .. I looked for Septum Uru but there's no option to change now he says "there is not enough apostle now to achieve balance"?. Anyway since there is not much difference i will stay on light a thee moment.

*Edited* -

Also the light attunement weapon process for mage gun and scepter it buff other people and not the caster the AA looks bad as it doesn't do anything for the caster and not really beneficial if you run alone. At least the dark apostle can deal extra damage / curse mobs etc..

Shackler
01-23-2017, 07:52 PM
Thanks Cara .. if i get a balance weapon mage (scepter / gun) only exalted rank can process the weapon AA and not limited to somberholt? Find it a little confusing here..

Also the light attunement weapon process for mage gun and scepter it buff other people and not the caster the AA looks bad as it doesn't do anything for the caster and not really beneficial if you run alone. At least the dark apostle can deal extra damage / curse mobs etc..

No you dont have to be exalted to proc those weapons. Or any below. And also those procs are not special to somberholt. Can be used even in pvp.

Im at 75k pts atm. Can change between the procs.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170124/e9a6beb23bf1366b03bd3a89d6e1968b.png

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170124/4da40f95a429c50f36788b3edcd9f792.png

will0
01-23-2017, 08:09 PM
No you dont have to be exalted to proc those weapons. Or any below. And also those procs are not special to somberholt. Can be used even in pvp.

Im at 75k pts atm. Can change between the procs.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170124/e9a6beb23bf1366b03bd3a89d6e1968b.png

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170124/4da40f95a429c50f36788b3edcd9f792.png

Thanks Shackler .. how do you change the process? I have not seen any of these balance weapon yet...

Shackler
01-23-2017, 08:13 PM
Thanks Shackler .. how do you change the process? I have not seen any of these balance weapon yet...

You're welcome. It changes by charging basic attack.

soullar
01-23-2017, 10:13 PM

which weapon that curse mobs? scepter or gun?

will0
01-23-2017, 10:32 PM
which weapon that curse mobs? scepter or gun?

rogue dagger and mage scepter

Kingofninjas
01-24-2017, 12:09 AM
rogue dagger and mage scepter

Rogue daggers do curse mob but it does 15-18 damage per tick. Absolutely useless.

Ceuidear
01-24-2017, 12:31 AM
Rogue daggers do curse mob but it does 15-18 damage per tick. Absolutely useless.

Does the daggers proc only after it has been upgraded to balanced from imbalanced state ?

Rudeboy
01-24-2017, 01:01 AM
Does the daggers proc only after it has been upgraded to balanced from imbalanced state ?
Only balanced weapons have proc

will0
01-24-2017, 07:45 AM
i have a question i am already exalted and completed the quest how come my ranking for luminas templar is grey out?

(the points is back to 0) if i click on it it says luminary templar, i tried to use the bomb i crafted it says i have to be "luminous templar"...

soullar
01-24-2017, 08:16 AM
The major difference is in boss mechanic relevance and also what can be crafted.

can someone explain to me what's that mean? im not good in english ..
what is the difference between dark and light? i have no idea
im already exalted rank now, dark apostle ..

thank you ..

Carapace
01-24-2017, 04:57 PM
Thanks Cara .. I looked for Septum Uru but there's no option to change now he says "there is not enough apostle now to achieve balance"?. Anyway since there is not much difference i will stay on light a thee moment.

*Edited* -

You are correct! There is a minimum requirement of Dark and Light that must exist at all times in order to facilitate the availability of the quest. This is to ensure that there is the ability to obtain all of the Voice of the Order set pieces collectively on the server. I would imagine within another week or so there will be enough to allow changing if you so desire.

The Benefit of the aura is more noticeable when running with other Exalted, as everyone's exalted buff applies to each other. This encourages mixed groupings when tackling end game content and beyond

Chrissam
01-24-2017, 05:55 PM
i have a question i am already exalted and completed the quest how come my ranking for luminas templar is grey out?

(the points is back to 0) if i click on it it says luminary templar, i tried to use the bomb i crafted it says i have to be "luminous templar"...

Most likely bug I bet. Same thing happening with me:/

will0
01-24-2017, 05:57 PM
Most likely bug I bet. Same thing happening with me:/

"i am already exalted and completed the quest how come my ranking for luminas templar is grey out?

Cara can you please let us know if this is a bug?

Carapace
01-24-2017, 06:44 PM
this is indeed bugged, we will have a fix for this this week