PDA

View Full Version : Nuri pink drops are not random

Darkfader
10-03-2011, 09:24 AM
After done numerous runs and seen many many punk drops I have noticed that every player won't have equal opportunity for pink drop from any boss. When you kill boss, drops appear to chat. Names on list aren't in random order, it's order where you joined into game or if you die and respawn you appear as last one in a list.

Then pink drop, +100 pink drops seen I could pretty far myself confirm that only player who can receive pink is last one. I have never seen any pink drops for anyone else than to player who have joined as last/died and respawned as last one.

If someone can prove me wrong please do it, but I think it's not random drops anymore. Not sure about this part, but it might be that crafting materials drop same way and only one player have possibility for them per team.

Ellyidol
10-03-2011, 09:42 AM
I don't think it's always the last one, but when you get a pink it's always a double-roll.

If you look at it closely, the one who gets the pink gets an orange/green AND a pink, so your name appears in the loot list twice.

Darkfader
10-03-2011, 09:47 AM
I don't think it's always the last one, but when you get a pink it's always a double-roll.

If you look at it closely, the one who gets the pink gets an orange/green AND a pink, so your name appears in the loot list twice.

Well today 11 pink drops so far, all went to last one. And yesterday and other days I can't remember pink which would of go to anyone else.

And this double roll, isn't it just boss related? Some does give double roll and some doesn't. as example panto always give only one drop per person, but that blue mini boss always two drops per person. Least today when I got pink from pant, it was my only drop. (and on that time I on purpose killed myself just after boss fight, got rev and looted pink).

Riccits
10-03-2011, 09:49 AM
that what i have noticed is that the host of a game is always in favour of a drop. the probability that the host get the drop is higher what i have observed in 10000x boss kills...
*dontshootorpunchme*

StompArtist
10-03-2011, 09:50 AM
So the plan is to die right before the boss? I could get rich doing this!

Darkfader
10-03-2011, 09:52 AM
So the plan is to die right before the boss? I could get rich doing this!

That's the plan lol.
But at same time, it would be called abusing of bug what is as known as exploiting, what is against of sts terms.

StompArtist
10-03-2011, 09:54 AM
That's the plan lol.
But at same time, it would be called abusing of bug what is as known as exploiting, what is against of sts terms.

Well once everyone is "fighting" to die last the boss might just reset. LOL

Darkfader
10-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Well once everyone is "fighting" to die last the boss might just reset. LOL
Hmm actually it would become even more interesting because order changes when you respawn, everyone as dead waiting each other to respawn first to being able themselves to be last one to respawn. LOL

Suentous PO
10-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Interesting.. Well I did nothing but host pugs this weekend & got a couple pink (one glyph) so I don't know how that might factor in. I have no idea where o am on a list when I host cuz o can't see my name. If there is some trick like being last it needs to change to random to keep folks from trying to die last at the boss.

StompArtist
10-03-2011, 10:00 AM
Whoever equips a torch before the boss dies gets all the pinks.

TANKKAAR
10-03-2011, 10:03 AM
I won't deny or confirm anything as of yet but instead ould like to pose a few questions :)

Questions:
1. How do you explain the fact that everyones list appears differently especially if they are the last ones on it.because even if they are they will still be listed at the top on there list?
2. Why and how do you explain multiple pinks and crafting materials dropping to several people at once?

wvhills
10-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Whoever equips a torch before the boss dies gets all the pinks.

+1 to stomp.

TANKKAAR
10-03-2011, 10:10 AM
that what i have noticed is that the host of a game is always in favour of a drop. the probability that the host get the drop is higher what i have observed in 10000x boss kills...
*dontshootorpunchme*

I wish this were the case, I would be a much more successful farmer because I typically always host yet have recieved only 2 drops worth value (That's 2lvl 61s and a 3rd @ lvl60 and 50k)

Darkfader
10-03-2011, 10:22 AM
I won't deny or confirm anything as of yet but instead ould like to pose a few questions :)

Questions:
1. How do you explain the fact that everyones list appears differently especially if they are the last ones on it.because even if they are they will still be listed at the top on there list?
2. Why and how do you explain multiple pinks and crafting materials dropping to several people at once?

Good points out there.

1. I do not mean player list what is shown a left side of screen, because it won't show your position on list at all. I mean drop list, even it's in fact same by showing order of all players in game. Let's make example, we have 5 players and let's name them: a b c d and e.

A is host of game and joins first ofc.
C joins next to game and is in order second player.
B joins third and is third in order.
E joins fourth in game and is fourth in order.
D joins last and is fifth in order.

Example one, first nuri map with that players. Everything goes fine and nobody doesn't die.
Blue miniboss killed and drops dropped, let's see order of players showing in list and it's, A C B D E
Group moves forward and kills panto, drop order stays same because nobody died. E was lucky and rolled pink for himself.

Example number 2
Everything goes fine until last mobs and player A dies. He get rev and respawn into game and place in order as last one.
They kill panto and order is same, except player A have jumped from first to last, and loots pink.

2. In my opinion pinks and crafting materials roll in different loots. Also it could be possible that if last player loots pink, second last player have possibility to loot pink. As side not I have never seen pink to drop for first and las player in order. It always been double pink for last one, or pink drops for two last players in order.

Kraze
10-03-2011, 10:24 AM
So many of these drop threads all saying something different all swearing to have it figured out it's random pure b simple

Darkfader
10-03-2011, 10:27 AM
So many of these drop threads all saying something different all swearing to have it figured out it's random pure b simple

Well I have always tought they are random, but this tome it shows strongly for me it isn't.
If you can prove me wrong please do so and provide me with screenshot where first player gets pink and last doesn't.

Ellyidol
10-03-2011, 10:33 AM
AFAIK, only mini-bosses and bosses do that double-roll thing. From all the pinks I've seen and gotten, they always come in the second roll. Always. This would explain those rare double pink rolls.

Not sure why exactly this type of thing was implemented, I thought the standard type of looting was effective.

Riccits
10-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Well I have always tought they are random, but this tome it shows strongly for me it isn't.
If you can prove me wrong please do so and provide me with screenshot where first player gets pink and last doesn't.
i always thought the devs writing down text as last bcz of the multiple drops, so we can see good who got a good drop.

Darkfader
10-03-2011, 10:43 AM
i always thought the devs writing down text as last bcz of the multiple drops, so we can see good who got a good drop.

Well it's not just visual trick to move pink dropper as last one, as on my example one nobody died and order keeps same from blue mini boss to panto.

Also if you go to any other dungeon than nuris, you can see that you can get pink on any place in that order, just at nuri it seems to be last one.

Ellyidol
10-03-2011, 10:49 AM

This.

The first player still gets a drop.

Look at it this way, when a boss dies, the first roll of loot goes to everyone. If nobody in that group rolls a pink, everyone gets one round of loot. If one gets a roll for pink, he gets the first roll of loot + the pink in the second roll.

I could be mistaken if the second roll doesn't exclusively mean it's a pink. I can't confirm if the second roll happens even for a non-pink. If it does, then this may be how the looting goes:

Boss dies.
Team rolls for first loot.
Everyone only rolls for one drop.
Whole team receives one round of loot only (one per piece, no pinks).

or

Boss dies.
Team rolls for first loot.
One member rolls for a second drop.
Whole team receives first round of loot (non-pink).
That one player rolls a second time for the second loot.
That second loot may or may not be a pink (not sure here if it always means a pink, trash or not).
If that one player rolls a pink, he gets one. If he doesn't, he gets another orange/green.

That's how I understand it. It may explain why glyphs are so hard to come by now, because it requires not only a pink roll, but a double roll and a pink roll.

Kraze
10-03-2011, 10:55 AM

Ok I accept your challenge. I don't like to brag but I get these drops in a circuit we were running maps 1-4. I was not the host and I was not the last to die. The only reason I grabbed the first screen was due to my shock of double pink. Second one I grabbed because I couldn't believe my luck that I got half of an obed set in one run through enjoy:
http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc470/k12aze/dfbaf0c3.jpg
http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc470/k12aze/8b0c78f5.jpg

Darkfader
10-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Ok I accept your challenge. I don't like to brag but I get these drops in a circuit we were running maps 1-4. I was not the host and I was not the last to die. The only reason I grabbed the first screen was due to my shock of double pink. Second one I grabbed because I couldn't believe my luck that I got half of an obed set in one run through enjoy:

Both images, nobody got drop after you and you were last one to get drop and hit pink. Finely confirmed my theory with screenshots.

Ellyidol
10-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Both images, nobody got drop after you and you were last one to get drop and hit pink. Finely confirmed my theory with screenshots.

So how do you explain if a host gets the pink? If someone who joins the game second and doesn't die gets the pink?

I'm 100% sure I've been either.

TANKKAAR
10-03-2011, 11:16 AM

But how do you confirm order before drop is received and why are you so positive that the pinks aren't just listed at the bottom (last) for the sake of convenience so players can see a good drop occurred?

Kraze
10-03-2011, 11:22 AM

Ok so you looked at the pretty pictures again I was not the last to die not the last to join the map. The devs may have moved pink to show last so it's findable amongst the junk.

Darkfader
10-03-2011, 11:25 AM
So how do you explain if a host gets the pink? If someone who joins the game second and doesn't die gets the pink?

I neve seen host to get pink without he die.
Jpins second and doesn't die, loots pink. It would break this my theory but who can prove this to me? I haven't so far seen shuch situation that's why I am excepting they are not random.

But how do you confirm order before drop is received and why are you so positive that the pinks aren't just listed at the bottom (last) for the sake of convenience so players can see a good drop occurred?

I don't really know how to confirm order before, except keep eye if someone die / if new guy joins or nobody die so you could see order from mini boss. (if that map have one)

Also I can confirm tha they are not listed at bottom by looking order of mini boss and real boss drop order if anyone didn't die. Also I have lately keep eye on this and tracking all the time who is last one, when we go to boss I follow and see who gets pink and so far always been guy who I been "predicting".

Still got to say I'm not sure about this, that's why I made thread to discuss about it and propably devs could check the drop system.

Ellyidol
10-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Take my word, I've gotten a pink as a host without dying. I've also gotten a pink as the second/third to have joined a game (when a friend hosts a game).

IMO, you're just over-thinking it, it's really just random :)

Kraze
10-03-2011, 11:33 AM

I neve seen host to get pink without he die.
Jpins second and doesn't die, loots pink. It would break this my theory but who can prove this to me? I haven't so far seen shuch situation that's why I am excepting they are not random.

I don't really know how to confirm order before, except keep eye if someone die / if new guy joins or nobody die so you could see order from mini boss. (if that map have one)

Also I can confirm tha they are not listed at bottom by looking order of mini boss and real boss drop order if anyone didn't die. Also I have lately keep eye on this and tracking all the time who is last one, when we go to boss I follow and see who gets pink and so far always been guy who I been "predicting".

Still got to say I'm not sure about this, that's why I made thread to discuss about it and propably devs could check the drop system.
Ok you can confirm pic to prove it I did prove that at least at some point (4-5 patches ago) the pinks simply showed at bottom

Ixillicus
10-03-2011, 11:36 AM
I would like to say that I have thought about this and seen situations where it didn't go this way.

It seems the drops in the chat are ordered by rarity. Whoever gets the rarest drop will appear at the bottom of the chat. When someone gets a blade etc if there are no pinks, they appear at the bottom. I think that your correlating this backwards.

StompArtist
10-03-2011, 12:08 PM
Take my word, I've gotten a pink as a host without dying. I've also gotten a pink as the second/third to have joined a game (when a friend hosts a game).

Thread like this surface on every content release for some reason...

Kraze
10-03-2011, 12:39 PM

Thread like this surface on every content release for some reason...
Never fails pocket legends and pink conspiracy theories are like peanut butter and jelly just the way it is. The people that get the drops think that the item isn't rare enough and the people with more oranges than the state of FL are looking for anything or anyone (read devs) to blame

TANKKAAR
10-03-2011, 12:46 PM
more oranges than the state of fl

roflmfaocopter.....

Doubletime
10-03-2011, 12:52 PM
I would like to say that I have thought about this and seen situations where it didn't go this way.

It seems the drops in the chat are ordered by rarity. Whoever gets the rarest drop will appear at the bottom of the chat. When someone gets a blade etc if there are no pinks, they appear at the bottom. I think that your correlating this backwards.

This. Drops are listed to show the rare drop at the end. It doesn't correlate to deaths, join order, or hosting. It is just so we can all see who got the good stuff so we can post "gratz" "wow" "lucky" "boot" or whatever it is that strikes us at the moment of truth.

I got 2 two glyphs and 3 blades yesterday. In all 5 cases I was the second toon to join the runs and didn't die. We were a roid rage (4x elixer) party -- no body was dying except the mobs. And the host got two crafting drops without dying. In every case the best drop was listed last with no connection to join order or deaths (there were none).

Just what my personal experience is telling me.

Kraze
10-03-2011, 12:56 PM

This. Drops are listed to show the rare drop at the end. It doesn't correlate to deaths, join order, or hosting. It is just so we can all see who got the good stuff so we can post "gratz" "wow" "lucky" "boot" or whatever it is that strikes us at the moment of truth.

I got 2 two glyphs and 3 blades yesterday. In all 5 cases I was the second toon to join the runs and didn't die. We were a roid rage (4x elixer) party -- no body was dying except the mobs. And the host got two crafting drops without dying. In every case the best drop was listed last with no connection to join order or deaths (there were none).

Just what my personal experience is telling me.
This to his/her this post

So many drops in nuri sometimes the boss drops two items to the whole party that's 10 items now toss in a few rerolls and we are talking about 15-20 lines of chat text. By placing the pinks at end it saves a lot of precious seconds for those of you that use elixirs.

im4broke
10-03-2011, 12:57 PM
2. In my opinion pinks and crafting materials roll in different loots. Also it could be possible that if last player loots pink, second last player have possibility to loot pink. As side not I have never seen pink to drop for first and las player in order. It always been double pink for last one, or pink drops for two last players in order.
Just throwing this out there as another possibility...it could be plain ole advertising...personally I usually only have one line showing for chat box...and always when a valued drop happens that is what I see. It could be STS has fixed it so that everyone can see a valued dropped happened to encourage more runs, comraderie, envy (hehe)...you name what ever reason you want. Bottom line, yes it seems the last person on the drop list gets pink, but how do you know you are the last person if STS is intentionly putting the person with the valued drop last to show everyone who has only one line showing in chat box?

Kraze
10-03-2011, 02:24 PM
I can post another pic if needed it won't prove join order because I'm not gonna take a pic at the start of every single map and then of each death however I joined a guild run at hop was last to join and in very typical fashion cleared the map zero deaths yet when the crafting item dropped it was last item on list and did not go to me

Kraze
10-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Ok sorry for multi post too much pain to edit on app. This is not to brag but to prove that best drop ends up on bottom happened in back to back runs mini dropped craft boss dropped pink crimsontider can confirm nobody died nobody joined late enjoy
http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc470/k12aze/54212c62.jpg
http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc470/k12aze/d5a196f9.jpg
http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc470/k12aze/569f6d48.jpg
http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc470/k12aze/c7572beb.jpg

Moogerfooger
10-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Completely disagree with your entire theory, soz.

(Although I have seen a host get a slightly higher proportion of crafting drops the last couple of days..although it could just 'seem' that way).

Everyone gets their own individual roll. There is no 'team roll' as you suggest, that anyone has ever discerned/confirmed. Nor do I think we will ever be able to confirm it anyway, and I am pretty sure da sneeky devs would never confirm such a thing anyway.

I have seen video-recorded runs with myself and the video-er in them, and the list of players on his screen was in a completely different order than mine. Everyone's screen is different....unless of course this has been changed semi-recently.

I am 99% sure, or more, that the crafting materials are a completely separate roll that will be listed as the last of the drops in the chat window.

Also, if someone rolls for a pink, the chat window arranges itself so that that person's drop is on the bottom...but has nothing to do with the order of players during the run.

All conjecture/personal observation, of course.

Edit: Just saw Doubletime's post above. I believe he is completely correct.

thewolf
10-03-2011, 07:10 PM
I never got a pink drop yet

CrimsonTider
10-03-2011, 09:11 PM
I can confirm Kraze's "krazy" luck tonight. (See what I did there??)

I hosted an hours worth of runs in which Kraze was always the second to join and got EVERY SINGLE good drop. However, this does not prove you theory of the host being incapable of getting drops. During my run to 61, I hosted all of my runs and recieved to glyph drops.

As most have stated, it's random and always had been. If you still believe your theory is true, then remember to tell the mages in Keeper runs to not use their mana shield. ;)

Phoenixking
10-03-2011, 09:16 PM
I gain 2 pinks in this small week i played pl and i was second then last on the other drop so your theory shut down :P

Whirlzap
10-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Yeah, I used to have the "Drop Rate Theory", in which whoever dealt the killing blow got best drop.
Apparently it did work many times, but is a coincidence.
Besides, this is like how those ancient people said:

"OMG THA SUN ISH ORBITING AROUND THA EARTH! OMG"

Same thing with Glyphs.

Phoenixking
10-03-2011, 10:27 PM
I once thought the less damage inflicted on you affect them

Doubletime
10-04-2011, 07:36 AM
Edit: Just saw Doubletime's post above. I believe he is completely correct.

If only I could sig this Moog. :)

StompArtist
10-04-2011, 09:00 AM
Yeah, I used to have the "Drop Rate Theory", in which whoever dealt the killing blow got best drop.
Apparently it did work many times, but is a coincidence.
Besides, this is like how those ancient people said:

Same thing with Glyphs.

We need to start working on a Unified Drop Rate Theory.

Fusionstrike
10-04-2011, 12:36 PM
The lesson here is that people can hallucinate an infinite number of "patterns" to incorrectly explain random events.

Gluttony
10-04-2011, 02:15 PM
I think that the names off of the right and the order they are presented are perhaps a guideline for the drop table to be based off of at the most. Basically the table needs a list of names and those names are the easiest to use and keep track of for the game. Besides that the loot is arranged from least to most rare in an order. So the names will always line up from top to bottom when the loot is displayed.

Your theory should be easy enough to disprove, but requires a pic where the actual player cannot receive the pink (since you'll just say that they died or were last to join), but no one really takes screenshots of others getting links unless something amazing/strange happens. It'll just take a while for someone to disprove this theory.

Two questions:
1. Are crafted orange drops considered in this theory?
2. Do pink recipes count?

csb
10-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Also if you go to any other dungeon than nuris, you can see that you can get pink on any place in that order, just at nuri it seems to be last one.

Last night I was playing in Fathom Crypt with my level 20. And some 29ish mage joins and walks up while i was finishing off a mini-boss. The mage got a pink drop for having just walked by. I think she was a little embarrassed for having done nothing. I said "Grats!", and she said something like, "sorry, i was just visiting..." and gave me the pink.

Actually, this was the first pink I ever saw in Fathom Crypt. But, I don't play there much, so that's not too surprising.

The mage was the last in the player list... The pink drop mystery continues!

WhoIsThis
10-04-2011, 08:59 PM

+1

Unless there actually is a bug, in which case you'd best email support that you can repeatedly reproduce, I don't think that drops are that "orderly".

Rather, I think it's a random number.

Gluttony
10-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Here's the only proof I can offer currently that this theory is just a bunch of speculation:

Craftables items:

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/3866/img1099.png

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/151/img1100.png

Pink (Glyph) items:

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/2125/img1108.png

AbsolutePally
10-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Simple explaination. The best loot drop whether it is pink or a orange blade gets listed at the bottom no matter what order you joined or entered.
Since my name is alwaysdtf, meaning it is fairly high,in everyones list and easier to find wout scrolling I am always the host. I am a 61 strongmans set pally, meaning I dont die and am the host. With those two facts combined, with this theory, youd say I never be able to get the pink. Although I have not been lucky I stil get decent drops time to time. It just lists last no matter who what where or when.

Elyseon
10-08-2011, 01:07 PM
For some bosses/minibosses you get 3 roll minimum
1. Usually an orange
2. Usually a green
3. A roll for a chance at a crafting item

Sometimes these rolls will end up higher in rarity, but crafting is its separate group so u dont get a reroll and get a trash green rather than a blade steel