PDA

View Full Version : marathon runs?

GigaBits
10-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone!

I signed on today and had an idea and thought I would post it to see if anyone does this, or is interested in doing this: marathon runs.

What is a marathon run? First, you start a new instance at the dynastar labs welcome center, then you just play through every single map to the director bot in Sloucho-o. I imagine it would take about an hour, give or take( I haven't actually tried it yet.)

Thoughts? Anyone want to give it a go sometime?

CanonicalKoi
10-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Ooh! Never done it before, but that could be fun. :) Let me know if you want to give it a go sometime--I'd love to join in.

BodMaster
10-03-2011, 09:49 AM
Im in buddy you know me :D

starsavior
10-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Wow this would be fun. Solo or planned out Team?

ExperimentNebulaCore
10-03-2011, 10:07 AM
This sounds cool. Agh but the lower lvl mas don't drop anything good exept loot to liquify and gold found.

Lowlyspy
10-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Im the opposite of out!

GigaBits
10-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Wow, thanks for the support guys(and gals XD)! Unfortunately, I'm cooking for harvest festivals all this week and may not be able to formally organize anything right away. =( it's why I'm lurking in forums more than playing. I encourage anyone to give it a go and let me know.

Also, it will be fun to see how full our inventory can get w junk. I know you can go over your limit as long as you keep moving to a new instance.

CanonicalKoi
10-03-2011, 11:28 AM
C'mon....wouldn't be the same without the founder. :D You pick whatever works for you and let's all go for it. Just let me know if you want my Op or Engie (too embarrassed to play Comm in front of Bod). ;)

GigaBits
10-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Okay guys n gals, here's the skinny, I am planning a marathon sometime thursday morning(my time is gmt -5 or american/central) probably between 10am and noon. It will be just for fun to see how far we can make it before we get tired/bored/lose connection or w/e. If you want to, I can try to get on after work thursday evening(around 930 10p) but this friday is a 14 hour day(that's every friday for me, I LOVE being a chef) so I may not be able to organise anything that late. If you want to get down add me, limit 5 of course for the run, and if you are on then I will send invites. This upcoming Sunday will probably be the next time I can be available, as Saturday I have a harvest festival all morning and dinner at le bistro that evening.

In addition, I'd like to have a balanced party for the first go around and then maybe a single class marathon, for giggles. I will be running an engineer but that doesn't mean their isn't room for another =)

CanonicalKoi
10-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Sounds good to me! I'll run my Op. I'm GMT -8 (PDT) and am up early so no problem.

Cytokinesis
10-04-2011, 07:43 PM
lol so the person with the lowest ping will win...?

GigaBits
10-04-2011, 08:07 PM
I guess you mean for the invites? Idk, no reason anyone can't do them any time they want, I'm certainly nobody special(well, I am the one and only gigabits but...yeah) and their isn't exactly a reward other than loot(crossing fingers for a vanity or pink somewhere in the run).

EDIT: holy guacomole! 100 posts, hello senior membership XD can't wait to use the senior bathroom, eat in the senior lunch commons, and generally flaunt my awesomeness!!!

CanonicalKoi
10-04-2011, 08:57 PM
And buy all the other senior members coffee, don't forget. ;) And....you have to feed Bod as much pizza as he can hold. Be brave.

hotmumbo
10-04-2011, 10:29 PM
I would also really like to join in as this would be an absolute epic run - just have to remember to press go to next level after each stage and not return to base:adoration:.

As for which class, I'm happy to fill in the slack since I have one of each at lvl30. I suppose we can have more than one group going if alot of people want to do it. The only problem is that I may fall asleep before it start ie. Thursday 10am (gmt-5) is 2am Friday in Melbourne, Australia :sleeping:

javier995
10-05-2011, 12:32 AM
i did that this past weekend

Kakatoa91
10-05-2011, 01:39 AM
Get ready to have cramps in finger deleting junks ;)

starsavior
10-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Is there still room, if so I'm in. Lvl 30 comm

GigaBits
10-05-2011, 12:13 PM
Javier: any insight? How long did the marathon take you to complete?
Starsavior: this is informal and unofficial, so it will be first come basis, add me ig and I'll send you an invite.
Kakatoa: indeed, I hope to break the 300 mark in inventory =)
Lowlspy: what's ur ign? Are you on my friendlist?? Sorry, still learning forum names vs toon names
Additionally, in the spirit of an actual marathon I would like to avoid filling spots after the first stage of dynastar has been cleared, even if someone has to leave. Server disconnects not withstanding come prepared to go the distance or don't come at all. That means stims, lots of stims for some of us =)

If things go well, I hope to get more organized and do more marathons with fewer members(i.e. three "man" runs), single class marathons and timed marathons( I have no idea how to time a run, except using a rl stopwatch) and limit-athons where we will see how far we can get in a given time frame. It was a kooky idea and I really didn't expect a response other than "yeah, gigabits, you're late to the party we do those everyday!" But since a few seem interested, I'll run with the idea. I'm open to suggestions and help.

Also, it seems they fixed splitting parties and password issues, if I'm wrong we may have to wait.

One last thing, whoever wants to take screenies( I'm talking to you bod =) feel free. This is my first "community event" if it can be called that and I really have no idea what I'm doing or what to expect.

BodMaster
10-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Ssome of them other runs sound pretty fun as well :D

Congrats on the seniorship! Wooooop! Free pizza n im there ;)

*screenshots at... (oh my phone died, *hook up to comp...*).... the ready :D*

CanonicalKoi
10-05-2011, 01:01 PM
To do list:
Empty inventory
Buy stims
Set up intravenous coffee drip
Set phone to voice mail

Kk...I'll be ready on Rauen when you are. :D

ETA: I don't know how long the whole shebang might take, but running through Slouch-O in a PUG just now, it took almost exactly 30 minutes from start to finish.

javier995
10-05-2011, 11:06 PM
lol about and hour or two but it was very fun! my team won xD you'll have tons of fun
p.s. take 300 health and 200 mana at least
have fun guys ^_^

McBain
10-06-2011, 12:59 AM
I could be wrong on this, but can't you only continue on to a new map if you're within the same campaign? In other words, once you've finished the last map of CyCorps, for example, your only option will be the "return to base" button, meaning you'll have to go back to Blackstar in between campaigns, also meaning you'll have to clear your inventory as you go from campaign to campaign. In other words, no "big dump" (LOL) at the end. Technically, I don't think it's possible to do all campaigns in a single, non-stop run. I don't know if that's what you were thinking, but that's the impression I got.

edit: well, Since javier did it, what's the verdict? Am I just making stuff up? I know in PL you can't do it.

GigaBits
10-06-2011, 09:44 AM
I think as long as you are high enough level you can jump to the next area. I have tested at dynastar to redsun and, just now, from delta motherload to numa prime outer limits. Let me know if you want to get down =)

BodMaster
10-06-2011, 11:01 AM
I think as long as you are high enough level you can jump to the next area. I have tested at dynastar to redsun and, just now, from delta motherload to numa prime outer limits. Let me know if you want to get down =)

Correctimundo!

Since new update (split instances) you can now run through each and every level unless you're not high enough to join :D

Also........ Am I late? Am I on time? Am I early? Where are you all?? Who am I??? Haha just getn home from work so be online in next few minutes :D

starsavior
10-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Omg!
That was uber fun!!!
293 items 3 greens and 1700 creds.

Kahlua
10-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Even better idea:

Start with NOTHING but stims and power packs. No armor, no weapons. Then as you work your way through, you can only equip the gear you get as drops. No buying from auction no using your own gear. Implants can be used from the start as these are not possible to get as drops. This will REALLY make everyone relive those first couple of days of having no gear and no money to buy it.

Trading between players is up to you. Would be really challenging to do it with no trading and no gifting. Have people turn off everything at the start so people don't cheat!

starsavior
10-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Even better idea:

Start with NOTHING but stims and power packs. No armor, no weapons. Then as you work your way through, you can only equip the gear you get as drops. No buying from auction no using your own gear. Implants can be used from the start as these are not possible to get as drops. This will REALLY make everyone relive those first couple of days of having no gear and no money to buy it.

Trading between players is up to you. Would be really challenging to do it with no trading and no gifting. Have people turn off everything at the start so people don't cheat! Great idea.
LOL!!!

McBain
10-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Even better, don't even start with stims. Rely on them getting dropped to you as you go.

GigaBits
10-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Aww, so sorry bod, would have loved to have you there, we started around 1030 gmt -5 unless I am mistaken on my time zones.
Recap: it took a looong time(we finished around 2pm my time), it was CanonicalKoi, Starsavior, oegracor, and myself. Somewhere in numa I started to feel the fatigue of nonstop runs. We had a few casualties along the way, and I was the first one to go down through a misstep in cycorp into electric water*facepalm*. All in all I would say it was a success. The drops weren't great(no vanities) but we had a lot of laughs and a lot of fun!

CK I want to see the screenies, plz! And bod I want to do another marathon sunday, so if your available, I'll send ya the first invite =)

CanonicalKoi
10-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Screenies! As Bits pointed out, it was he, Starsavior and me starting out:

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/Moorit/Group1.png

And we were then joined by our special guest star, Oegrocor:

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/Moorit/Groupshot2.png

Juicers? Pfft. No problem:

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/Moorit/Juicers.png

You get to learn about your teammates at times like these. Who knew Starsavior had no fear of falling rocks? Or that I should call him "Bob"?

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/Moorit/RockFall.png

Numa wasn't a problem, either, except for something about being over-limit on Mole Dogs:

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/Moorit/wholetthedogsout.png

Slouch-O also fell to our combined....uh..."charms":

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/Moorit/actionshot2.png

We even wowed the Director. Before killing him, 'cause we're nice like that:

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/Moorit/Dancefever.png

All in all, it was a whole lot of fun and I can't wait to do it again. I just need a slightly bigger coffee cup--reloading while playing was a pain. Thanks again, Bits, for letting me join in! :D

ETA: Count me in for Sunday if it's in the morning! :D I have to go play bagpipes in the afternoon.

starsavior
10-06-2011, 04:40 PM
I sware I said "lol" like 50 times during that run... Lol!
I would love to do this again sometime too bad my roflcopter is still broke =/.

CanonicalKoi
10-06-2011, 04:43 PM
"Bob", why is it you're the only one that doesn't look goofy dancing? What's up with that??!?

GigaBits
10-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Those are awesome! I feel great having participated in this and am totally looking foward to more.

CanonicalKoi
10-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Those are awesome! I feel great having participated in this and am totally looking foward to more.

You set up a great run, Bits! It was a lot of fun and I think we did pretty well doing the whole thing with 3 or 4 the whole way.

starsavior
10-06-2011, 05:23 PM
"Bob", why is it you're the only one that doesn't look goofy dancing? What's up with that??!? Because, my friend, I'm pro.

Twinrova
10-06-2011, 05:29 PM
^ Lol! ^_^

javier995
10-06-2011, 07:37 PM
even better start with no gun no armor and just 25 stims of each

CanonicalKoi
10-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Well, we all had armor and weapons, but Starsavior (aka Bob aka Pro aka Dancer) only had 25 of each. :) Bits and I tried to shove some more on him, but he'd have none of it.

starsavior
10-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Well, we all had armor and weapons, but Starsavior (aka Bob aka Pro aka Dancer) only had 25 of each. :) Bits and I tried to shove some more on him, but he'd have none of it. Lol that's just me I like to carry 25 of each while the other 500 are in my stash.

GigaBits
10-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Starsavior is a boss! As an engineer I am always watching my partners health and mana bars and somehow he was very tanky with next to no mana through delta, numa, and sloucho. Consider me impressed =)

starsavior
10-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Starsavior is a boss! As an engineer I am always watching my partners health and mana bars and somehow he was very tanky with next to no mana through delta, numa, and sloucho. Consider me impressed =) Lol I owe it all too you. I love me some of that engi empathy, but im not that good I am the #4 commando of most deaths. :)

CanonicalKoi
10-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Pfft. You're too modest. You were tanking like a maniac, Bits was most empathetic and I was just on cruise-control. Between you two, I think my kills only went up about 3. Next time, we should see how fast we can get through. :D

starsavior
10-06-2011, 10:59 PM
Pfft. You're too modest. You were tanking like a maniac, Bits was most empathetic and I was just on cruise-control. Between you two, I think my kills only went up about 3. Next time, we should see how fast we can get through. :D Did we even take count of how long it took us this time, and if I'm not mistaken I saw you came with 817 stims then went down to 660 at the end. Lol.

javier995
10-07-2011, 12:31 AM
lol you guys should have teams and race each other for a prize of id say 10k(if full teams everyone gives 2k) it's fun and it makes you go even faster ^_^

starsavior
10-07-2011, 01:04 AM
I'd like to have the same team.

javier995
10-07-2011, 01:06 AM
A team that consists of at least one engi, com, and op will clear out the room faster. IMO

starsavior
10-07-2011, 01:09 AM
I'm up for that run Sunday giga.

Yumie
10-07-2011, 01:36 AM
U__U interesting, :< this seem like what can do while bored waiting for update ^__^ hehe. :< ( IGN: Yumie ) Bored and dont mind if could join on the fun .-.

CanonicalKoi
10-07-2011, 07:54 AM
Did we even take count of how long it took us this time, and if I'm not mistaken I saw you came with 817 stims then went down to 660 at the end. Lol.

We started at 8:15am local and ran until around noon, so about 3.75 hours. And, yeah, my Op's like my bird--whether it's stims or health pots, I seem to get through a, um, "few". :) Kind of like trying to keep oil in a Lamborghini, rofl. I think Asteroid accounted for most of those. :D

starsavior
10-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Did we even take count of how long it took us this time, and if I'm not mistaken I saw you came with 817 stims then went down to 660 at the end. Lol.

We started at 8:15am local and ran until around noon, so about 3.75 hours. And, yeah, my Op's like my bird--whether it's stims or health pots, I seem to get through a, um, "few". :) Kind of like trying to keep oil in a Lamborghini, rofl. I think Asteroid accounted for most of those. :D Lol I only used 3 of each the entire time.

CanonicalKoi
10-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Lol I only used 3 of each the entire time.

Including that, um, "moment" in Asteroid? Hee! Ops aren't called "glass cannons" without reason. :D

starsavior
10-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Lol I only used 3 of each the entire time.

Including that, um, "moment" in Asteroid? Hee! Ops aren't called "glass cannons" without reason. :D That "moment" was the only time. Lol :)

CanonicalKoi
10-07-2011, 08:59 PM
That "moment" was the only time. Lol :)

Let us speak no more of that "moment". It was a dark time. *cough*

starsavior
10-08-2011, 01:32 PM
That "moment" was the only time. Lol :)

Let us speak no more of that "moment". It was a dark time. *cough* Rofl.

CanonicalKoi
10-08-2011, 03:00 PM
Rofl.

At least your Roflcopter will be fueled up for tomorrow's possible foray. Good thing, too--those cab fares near the end were murder!

starsavior
10-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Rofl.

At least your Roflcopter will be fueled up for tomorrow's possible foray. Good thing, too--those cab fares near the end were murder! You can NEVER have enough Lols, and I actually got called a roflcopter today.