PDA

View Full Version : Vanity drops in all campaigns

Ruby!!!
01-21-2017, 05:30 PM
I know that the focus is on endgame and PvP now, but for me, and possibly others as well, having full pve games again would make PL much more enjoyable.

So I thought of incentives to get players into pve maps.

I came up with this: In every campaign there is one vanity item dropping with a very low rate. I mean like vyxnar low. The item is just a typical campaign item remade as a vanity item. So vanity voodoo robe in swamps, vanity weird fox helmet in AO, vanity gem bracer in sewers and so on. Just examples, it should be like iconic items of the campaigns.
By this alone, maps would be filled with L80 which wouldn't be enjoyable for them nor the level appropriate players.
To prevent that, the new vanities would only drop for players that are in the campaign's XP range. Only L1 to L12 could drop the elusive vanity broken shield in forest haven :) and so on.
This way, new players would get to know playing as a team as they couldn't just plow through with their 80.
And also this would be an incentive to make more toons which means buy more plat.
And level them which also could mean more plat for elixirs or XP for plat.

And I'd think it wouldn't be that hard to make as the items already exist as well as the scaling drop mechanics.

XghostzX
01-22-2017, 02:38 PM
Would for sure encourage more PvE games +10000000

3pc
01-22-2017, 03:46 PM
While PvP is still being adjusted all i do now is PvE make money save up then when everything is settled start doing PvP.

Blyzzor
01-26-2017, 10:46 AM
This is a great idea, pve definitely needs a boost. Some maps are empty and its quite sad.

Burningdex
01-27-2017, 02:18 AM
Put this in gen discussion. Broken shield vanity would be amazing o; .

Ruby!!!
01-27-2017, 07:36 AM
Put this in gen discussion.

Bam! Did it http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=386568

killinclaw
05-06-2017, 11:47 PM
Need a bit of tweaking but overall not a bad idea.