PDA

View Full Version : New YouTube Video is up!

zaorago
01-24-2017, 12:48 AM
Hiya!

Posted a New Pocket Legends 1v1 Video Vs'ing Mr. "Chaos". Probably going to be my last video EVAR so please show me some love and support! I'm by far not the best 23 or the best 20... Just a fun 1v1 against the legendary scammer. I hope you enjoy!

As for the video music choices: I tried to include a wide variety of music so it could be liked by more than one audience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSmBGztLjww

- Pluto

iDarkviper
01-24-2017, 11:22 AM
Hahaha nice :)

-mini

Hexpker
01-24-2017, 05:57 PM
Good video keep up the good work!

zaorago
01-24-2017, 09:35 PM
Thanks guys ^-^

zaorago
01-25-2017, 01:08 AM
6 drain 5 fire and no light? Thank me later ;)

Burningdex
01-25-2017, 02:08 AM
Have u tried 1bov?

zaorago
01-25-2017, 05:11 AM
Have u tried 1bov?

Yeah actually; -1 bov -> +1 light

Congeniality
01-25-2017, 02:55 PM
Hiya!

Posted a New Pocket Legends 1v1 Video Vs'ing Mr. "Chaos". Probably going to be my last video EVAR so please show me some love and support! I'm by far not the best 23 or the best 20... Just a fun 1v1 against the legendary scammer. I hope you enjoy!

As for the video music choices: I tried to include a wide variety of music so it could be liked by more than one audience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSmBGztLjww

- Pluto

Against the rules to advertise on the forums man

zaorago
01-26-2017, 03:33 AM
Against the rules to advertise on the forums man

What exactly am i advertising for?

Cinco
01-26-2017, 11:45 AM
What exactly am i advertising for?

The embedded YouTube video shows advertisements to viewers that click the link.

Waug
01-26-2017, 12:03 PM
*cough* *cough* being a 'self declared veteran' of YouTube, I think that he didn't monetize his video, but maybe even if, its just worthless BUT any part of his music/song he used in his video got caught by YouTube system, and advertising is being shown from the original owner of the music, the original owner of the music earning money for it, like whooping 0.00000001$ by far ;) -

As for the video music choices: I tried to include a wide variety of music

zaorago
01-27-2017, 01:15 PM
*cough* *cough* being a 'self declared veteran' of YouTube, I think that he didn't monetize his video, but maybe even if, its just worthless BUT any part of his music/song he used in his video got caught by YouTube system, and advertising is being shown from the original owner of the music, the original owner of the music earning money for it, like whooping 0.00000001$ by far ;) -

Exactly... Not even advertising anything

zaorago
01-27-2017, 01:20 PM
The embedded YouTube video shows advertisements to viewers that click the link.

Ah okay, I can tell you directly that i didn't mean to advertise this video, but rather show you guys a PvP project of mine that i composed solely for the fun of PL. My intention isn't to become a big YouTuber or gain gp's from views... Just having fun! But i totally understand how it can be advertisement!

MightyMicah
01-27-2017, 06:16 PM
Hold up, so posting a YouTube video about Pocket Legends on the Pocket Legends forum is somehow against the TOS? Or is it just the embedded video's advertisements? If the latter, don't all YouTube videos have advertisements, or is it just monetized ones? If the latter again, does that mean he couldn't post a video about Pocket Legends on the Pocket Legends forums without violating the TOS?

I'm thoroughly confused. Every other gaming community that I know of not only allows for videos of their content but actually encourages it, monetized or not. That's a huge way gaming communities grow and everybody gets more money in the end.

KingFu
01-27-2017, 06:35 PM
Exactly... Not even advertising anything

Self-promotion is still advertising. YouTube has its own search function, recommended algorithm, and subscription system, so if people actually want to watch PL videos they can do so by going there. Not every video someone makes needs its own thread, which is why the mods used to remove them. They've become pretty lax lately though, so eh.

I think a decent compromise would be to a singular dedicated "YouTube thread" or whatever for people to post their videos in, since most people who come to the forums don't care to see daily threads on peoples' uploads.

Congeniality
01-27-2017, 08:36 PM

Advertising isn't just for money, advertising is:

"The activity or profession of producing advertisements for commercial products or services."

Suentous PO
01-27-2017, 08:59 PM
Self-promotion is still advertising. YouTube has its own search function, recommended algorithm, and subscription system, so if people actually want to watch PL videos they can do so by going there. Not every video someone makes needs its own thread, which is why the mods used to remove them. They've become pretty lax lately though, so eh.

I think a decent compromise would be to a singular dedicated "YouTube thread" or whatever for people to post their videos in, since most people who come to the forums don't care to see daily threads on peoples' uploads.

+1

Check out my new sig and be sure to subscribe to it

Waug
01-27-2017, 10:36 PM

In spite of that YT itself encourages creators to share their videos at right places without spamming ofc, that's the yt perspective, and for the sts forum perspective, occasional video (not spam) should be fine. There has been a lot policy shift lately, now game developers understand the capability of yt gameplay videos, in the past some big game dev companies reaction would be - ah it's like yt-ers steeling our game footages and making money from it, now the reaction is - Please make gameplay videos, we'll help if you need. Top of that in any competitive game, show off videos are big charm for players and game devs know this facts, that's why companies not only encourages to make such videos also spend real life money and in game resources to attract big channels, and if the forums really busy and consistent videos disrupt main forums then there should be a different section for that, I don't think here's the case.

Advertising isn't just for money, advertising is:

"The activity or profession of producing advertisements for commercial products or services."

LoL, is that really matter? We talked about the yt ad in the video.

zaorago
01-28-2017, 12:41 AM
So i checked my Video Analytics, and most of the views came from an "External Source" (picture below):

And also: