PDA

View Full Version : 3 Little Suggestions

Buchmeister
01-26-2017, 09:06 PM
So I see we're, little by little, becoming Arcane Legends. Not saying this is a bad thing, this will certainly create some interesting updates in the upcoming months. I'm just happy to see that we're getting updates. That being said, I have a few suggestions I'd like to throw out there to make this game a little more fun.

Firstly, a new rarity. Elites used to be very special items where few kinds existed. Now that there are more types than I can count. Why not throw in a rarity above elite? I was thinking "Ascended", "Mythical", or "Immortal". Whatever it is, I'd like to see a new rarity for uber-rare items to go on, maybe some new weapons in the future (with actual procs, maybe some alien-based? :D (MAYBE SOME 76 ELITE RESKINS WITH ACTUAL PROCS? :DDD))

Next, please PLEASE make pets useful. It's about time that little dragon punk stop flying around my head and make something of his life. Now that things drop in the overworld, the game basically got more annoying. Although, I do like the fact that you can just skip over crap gear if you want. So maybe a checkbox in settings where you can have the option to make your pet pick up items? It would just make picking up items less annoying (trust me, it is one of the most irritating things in AL if you haven't fed your pet) but also have the option to turn it off.

Lastly, we have the new purple angel halo, so why not the wings? The Overlord campaign is missing a hardcore vanity quest like the ERD quest in the bsm cap. Why not have a Dark Angel vanity armor to go with the halo that can only be achieved through elite questing?

Here's a design idea:

tinkertoy
01-26-2017, 09:45 PM
I like how you have to walk over treasure it prevents bottling

Also how would you implement pet damage as in which is strongest?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

plpr
01-26-2017, 09:48 PM
Please no pets. Like al

The Voices
01-26-2017, 09:53 PM
Pets are like another ring.

Lul.

Buchmeister
01-26-2017, 10:17 PM
Please no pets. Like al

I'm not saying we implement feeding, that would be annoying. I'm just saying we have a check box in settings to turn on or off if we want them to pick up gold/items for us. Everything else is unchanged.

ryanbemani1
01-27-2017, 04:40 PM
So I see we're, little by little, becoming Arcane Legends. Not saying this is a bad thing, this will certainly create some interesting updates in the upcoming months. I'm just happy to see that we're getting updates. That being said, I have a few suggestions I'd like to throw out there to make this game a little more fun.

Firstly, a new rarity. Elites used to be very special items where few kinds existed. Now that there are more types than I can count. Why not throw in a rarity above elite? I was thinking "Ascended", "Mythical", or "Immortal". Whatever it is, I'd like to see a new rarity for uber-rare items to go on, maybe some new weapons in the future (with actual procs, maybe some alien-based? :D (MAYBE SOME 76 ELITE RESKINS WITH ACTUAL PROCS? :DDD))

Next, please PLEASE make pets useful. It's about time that little dragon punk stop flying around my head and make something of his life. Now that things drop in the overworld, the game basically got more annoying. Although, I do like the fact that you can just skip over crap gear if you want. So maybe a checkbox in settings where you can have the option to make your pet pick up items? It would just make picking up items less annoying (trust me, it is one of the most irritating things in AL if you haven't fed your pet) but also have the option to turn it off.

Lastly, we have the new purple angel halo, so why not the wings? The Overlord campaign is missing a hardcore vanity quest like the ERD quest in the bsm cap. Why not have a Dark Angel vanity armor to go with the halo that can only be achieved through elite questing?

Here's a design idea:

The whole idea of having another rarity higher than elite is far too early to be implemented in the game. We just bought tonnes of plat to buy, "new elites.". Bringing another class of rarity in the game will ruin all the updates we had for the level ones, and the endgame pvp and pve players. This kind of idea would be very good if it happens in the next cap update. This is because totally new gear will be introduced, therefore the right time to add a new rarity. However, even when I think about, elites are very time consuming to farm already. Imagine the rarity of mythical items. That being said, some individuals cannot farm that long either because some tire out quickly or don't have time to play a lot. Instead, another way we could make items, "Mythical," is by doing quests that grant them. And I'm talking no ordinary quests, but some incredibly long hard quests, (e.g-Kill a boss one thousand times). I did say that some players however cannot play for long, but quests are different to farming as granted items are different to lotto items.

Congeniality
01-27-2017, 08:39 PM
I like PL being different from AL. They are separate games, the idea of pets attacking makes me a little woozy tbh. It's like "The Force Awakens".... don't get me started. Why do the same old same old.

Buchmeister
01-27-2017, 08:56 PM
I like PL being different from AL. They are separate games, the idea of pets attacking makes me a little woozy tbh. It's like "The Force Awakens".... don't get me started. Why do the same old same old.
*facepalm*

My pet idea is literally only for picking up things to make it easier.

Buchmeister
01-27-2017, 08:58 PM
The whole idea of having another rarity higher than elite is far too early to be implemented in the game. We just bought tonnes of plat to buy, "new elites.". Bringing another class of rarity in the game will ruin all the updates we had for the level ones, and the endgame pvp and pve players. This kind of idea would be very good if it happens in the next cap update. This is because totally new gear will be introduced, therefore the right time to add a new rarity. However, even when I think about, elites are very time consuming to farm already. Imagine the rarity of mythical items. That being said, some individuals cannot farm that long either because some tire out quickly or don't have time to play a lot. Instead, another way we could make items, "Mythical," is by doing quests that grant them. And I'm talking no ordinary quests, but some incredibly long hard quests, (e.g-Kill a boss one thousand times). I did say that some players however cannot play for long, but quests are different to farming as granted items are different to lotto items.

But what's the point? If STS is going to keep making new elites, just throw them onto a new rarity. New rarities don't necessarily mean harder to get. There would be problems of an item was "too hard to get". Not having a new rarity won't really stop people from spending gobs of money either.

Suentous PO
01-27-2017, 09:11 PM
*facepalm*

My pet idea is literally only for picking up things to make it easier.

Making things drop is a good way to deter bots, having pets go pick up takes it back to square one

ryanbemani1
01-28-2017, 09:27 AM
"New rarities don't necessarily mean harder to get." That doesn't match the definition of, "NEW RARITY." And my point is that it is too early to implement new items of rarity in game when people just spent tonnes of plat getting the elites. You don't seem to understand how frustrated people are getting that the new gear we buy doesn't even last two weeks. Adding more sets, AND THIS TIME OF NEW RARITY, in a short period just doesn't make the situation any better. Let's stick to our current rarity for now and maybe during a new cap, we can have it be released.

Buchmeister
01-29-2017, 10:34 AM
"New rarities don't necessarily mean harder to get." That doesn't match the definition of, "NEW RARITY." And my point is that it is too early to implement new items of rarity in game when people just spent tonnes of plat getting the elites. You don't seem to understand how frustrated people are getting that the new gear we buy doesn't even last two weeks. Adding more sets, AND THIS TIME OF NEW RARITY, in a short period just doesn't make the situation any better. Let's stick to our current rarity for now and maybe during a new cap, we can have it be released.

I do understand, that's why I don't buy any endgame items. I'm just saying, if STS is going to make a new set, just make a new rarity for it. Elites don't even feel half as special anymore.

Buchmeister
01-29-2017, 10:36 AM
Making things drop is a good way to deter bots, having pets go pick up takes it back to square one

Yeah but nobody likes it.