PDA

View Full Version : Vanity drop ideas

Ruby!!!
01-27-2017, 07:33 AM
I posted a suggestion to add campaign specific vanity drops at low rates to bring people back into maps here http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?p=2651118

For that I thought of the items that I'd think epic or important for that campaign and I wonder what items are the signature items for you

My list might be

Forest haven - Broken shield
Dark forest - Dark forest leather
Balefort castle - Knight costume ;)
Fathom crypt - Red skull helm
Lost expedition - Ice armor
Swamps - Frog helm
AO 1 - Kite shield
AO 2 - Fox helm (maybe confusing AO 1/2)
AO 3 - Overlord as a pet (scnr)
Balefort Sewers - Gem robe (already exists as vanity)
Nuri's - Demonic robe
Fang - Crafted lilith cowl
Humania - Tiki god bongo
Blacksmoke - Fiery eye

After that I dunno. I also didn't include elite campaigns cause they already drop good stuff

So now your list... What items do you find epic? Mind you no weapons as they wouldn't work as vanity
If you don't know what drops where there are threats to look it up http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?70487-User-Guides-to-Vanities-and-Pinks

surfing
01-27-2017, 08:47 AM
This actually sounds like a good idea, would love to see how this develops! :)

tasakli
01-27-2017, 08:56 AM
How can they make money from this

Waug
01-27-2017, 08:57 AM
LOL more vanities, I get headache checking vanities in cs :)
but good idea, whatever this is.

Bazinga!
01-27-2017, 09:43 AM
Instead of this, we should have weapon vanities.

Ignitedmage
01-27-2017, 10:17 AM

It shouldn't be about money every time.
And even after considering point they can receive money indirectly as people will buy elixirs to farm em as they'll be expensive in the start and they'll show a nice outlook to the game for other people who doesn't play it and will be attracted to the game.

Blyzzor
01-27-2017, 10:29 AM
I support this idea. Make them lootable in the level range the items are.. so people will use plat to lvl up new farm toons and it'll encourage lvling and playing lower lvl dungeons too. I think pve needs a little help, just whatever. I seriously hope they make some changes to pve to get more players lvlin and playing again. I support the idea of platinum benefitting players to, but I can imagine how tough is going through some maps as a new player.

Also anything that attracts people to play the game means more money over time

Bazinga!
01-27-2017, 10:54 AM
An update like this won't necessarily attract *new* players. This kind of creates the feeling of nostalgia in old players. To a new player who has just downloaded the game, these 'special' vanities don't make a difference. STS (mainly Cinco) has made a good start by attracting the ex-PL players back to the game. But if these updates aren't planned to be short-term, and STS wants PL to thrive again, then soon they have to move on from recoloring existing items to getting a team and making new content.

Ruby!!!
01-27-2017, 10:57 AM
Instead of this, we should have weapon vanities.
When vanities were introduced there was a vanity weapon slot but they took it away a bit later so I guess there was a decision against vanity weapons

Also I think it's ok that at least you can identify the player weapon although I'd love vanity buwanda or vanity cyber sword or ...

Congeniality
01-27-2017, 08:42 PM

Elixirs to farm.

Burningdex
01-27-2017, 08:48 PM
Broken shield vanity would be like, the best

Brave Sir Robin
01-30-2017, 02:41 PM
Great idea. Especially the Overlord pet would be awesome!

Kingzila
01-30-2017, 07:03 PM
Posted by tasakli

Elixirs to farm.
This lol.

@ruby
Why would crafted items drop in full form as vanities?? Especially for items like demonic robes & tiki bongo.
If what your per-posing is they drop as just there own respective items maybe I can see what your saying because it was already said but even then why would we drop crafted items?? It destroys the whole point of farming blue diamonds & glyph steel to craft them to begin with.

Buchmeister
01-30-2017, 08:13 PM
Feel free to let me know the specific vanity designs you had in mind. I could make some reskinned versions to flesh out your idea. Don't mind the bashers, it's a good idea.

Xyzther
05-08-2017, 02:55 PM
Yes this is a bump, but cinco is back and I hope he sees this. This is still an excellent idea that I'm sure almost everyone would support. Also I thought of like a universal extremely rare item to loot. Im thinking for every single boss in the game regardless of the zone it is etc, add some item that's like 1/100,000 drop rate and make it special. I'm not sure exactly what item it would be, but something like a vanity armor made of pure gold would be nice, also have the vanity armor boost reroll% by a certain amount so it would have even more value... if 1/100,000 drop rate for a boss is a bit high, you could just do like 1 in 1 million for any monster in the game regardless of it's a boss or not. Idk if my idea sounds crazy but it would definitely bring back a lot of excitement back into farming as well as the OP's idea

Mymysticalmage
05-08-2017, 03:09 PM
They should make a white dragon set. It would be cool. But make it rare like black drag.

XghostzX
05-08-2017, 03:14 PM
All that has to be done to keep players enticed and involved is to create new vanities... or even recolor them.

Dolloway
05-08-2017, 03:39 PM
Vanities with lower drop rates would entice people. Right now there's nothing really worth farming because the drop rates are so high and with everyone being able to farm with combo elixirs now, pinks and elites are being looted more often.

Xyzther
05-08-2017, 04:10 PM
Vanities with lower drop rates would entice people. Right now there's nothing really worth farming because the drop rates are so high and with everyone being able to farm with combo elixirs now, pinks and elites are being looted more often.

Exactly, something like a 1/100,000 drop rate would take a long time to get and a lot of people would be willing to put in the time for the chance of one because if someone did loot one, it would be worth more than you can imagine

RaNciDz
05-08-2017, 06:21 PM
Briliant an idea ...

Ruby!!!
05-09-2017, 03:44 AM
Yes this is a bump
Thanks for the free bump! :)

I think any incentive to farm would help pl at the current state because it would give ppl a reason to stay online after they are done leveling and aren't in the mood for pvp

killinclaw
05-10-2017, 06:04 PM
This is actually a good idea. It's similar to my vanity idea that I'll be posting soon.