PDA

View Full Version : Do not give out your account email and password!

asommers
06-29-2010, 09:46 AM
We do not tolerate account hijacking for any reason. If you see ANYONE in game asking for email and password, please take a screenshot and let me us know at support at spacetimestudios dot com and they will be banned without exception.

Spacetime Studios will in no way ask you for your password (if we need access to your account, we can just reset it internally).

-ALS

King Richie
06-29-2010, 10:02 AM
http://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/attachments/f131/75703d1270098870-anyone-else-getting-those-types-yeilds-banhammer.jpg

Banned
06-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Quite a few people know my account information. :p

King Richie
06-29-2010, 11:47 AM
i do =) i think ...

Banned
06-29-2010, 11:52 AM
i do =) i think ...

You do, not sure if you remember it though.

Elfche
06-29-2010, 11:52 AM
I choose you... banhammer!
http://blufiles.storage.live.com/y1pCuBPk-02cngxInnzCuPREOneRARVfF1rhSB48OI4QXndrSRzw52MSYP8 CZD6BXQw

Cascade
06-29-2010, 12:01 PM
I think everybody already knows they shouldn't give their account info to random people lol.

Spudboy
06-29-2010, 12:31 PM
Cascade, I wouldn't be so sure. With the platforms this runs on, I suspect there are some very young kids playing as well as adults who have had little exposure to the vile beast that can be found in an MMO crowd.

Royce
06-29-2010, 12:40 PM
Also someone might try to impersonate a dev, so they're telling people they will never ask for your account info.

tjornan
06-29-2010, 04:41 PM
GASP! were not supposed to tell anyone our account info? Whoops. LOL JK! i gave it to my best friend in real life so its all good

Flamin
06-29-2010, 04:44 PM
w00t 11th post, 10th reply!

LIGHTNINGLORD67
07-23-2010, 01:41 AM
Ohyeah???? 12th post 11th reply! Ownt.

KingFu
07-23-2010, 01:48 AM
http://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/attachments/f131/75703d1270098870-anyone-else-getting-those-types-yeilds-banhammer.jpg

No, it's:
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/therealdavid/banhammer-1.jpg

laquint
07-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Can i have some free stuff? Ohh wrong place yeah the google hammer woot!

gunnderakk
08-27-2010, 06:47 AM
Pls i am freinds with popyjo on facebook, so i gave him my password and that to lvl it up, he then gave all my items to his character and 75k, he refuses to give them back, pls help, pls. Theres like a billion pinks there, pls, i used to be his freind, i am never giving password to anyone, even if they are freinds or not!!!!

Tailless
08-27-2010, 06:59 AM
wow, I'm sorry to hear that Gunnderakk and I know you won't think that it's funny right now. But don't you think it's a tiny bit humorous that you post in the thread labeled Do not give out your account email and password! and in the 1st sentence of your post you say "so i gave him my password". I really do hope that it all gets sorted out but it just seemed to me a little funny. Good Luck and let me know if I can help.

vulgarstrike
08-27-2010, 07:05 AM
I'm pretty sure they ban people who give out their account info... so yeah... hum...

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-27-2010, 02:22 PM
Wow....just wow...

nattissen_88
08-31-2010, 04:11 AM
that is so lame...sorry man hope it works out

TwinkTastical
08-31-2010, 04:36 AM
Pls i am freinds with popyjo on facebook, so i gave him my password and that to lvl it up, he then gave all my items to his character and 75k, he refuses to give them back, pls help, pls. Theres like a billion pinks there, pls, i used to be his freind, i am never giving password to anyone, even if they are freinds or not!!!!

Sorry but... i lold so hard i feel out of bed, knocking over the sidetable lamp, the lightbulb fell into my cup of sweet tea causing sparks to hit the stacks of fliers for my lost dog, which then ignited my curtains, which then ignited my room.. and now we have no house... and im sitting outside.. thx. -.-

MageeeeeeeXD
10-05-2010, 02:28 AM

Sorry but... i lold so hard i feel out of bed, knocking over the sidetable lamp, the lightbulb fell into my cup of sweet tea causing sparks to hit the stacks of fliers for my lost dog, which then ignited my curtains, which then ignited my room.. and now we have no house... and im sitting outside.. thx. -.-

Dont you think thats a bit drastic Twink? :o! Anyways, gunnderak, seriously why did you do that in the first place? Just level up normally and enjoy the features of the game as you go along ;D It isn't too hard to get one account to lvl 45, 45 - 50 however... hmm ;D im getting there :D

Kossi
11-02-2010, 06:49 PM
i will be banning a lv 47 and all his 4 other chars for acc scamming :) feels good to take those.....people out of the game

TwinkTastical
11-02-2010, 09:27 PM
i will be banning a lv 47 and all his 4 other chars for acc scamming :) feels good to take those.....people out of the game
Wonder who it is...

How do you find delight in banning reporting and trolling.. just curious.

Retributionzx
12-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Hey well I had someone account saved on my I device now it's banned. N my friend has received a message for breaking the rules but I haven't, so I wondering if someone can disband my I device or something

Estraz
12-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Only the weakest newbies ask for passwords and account information, and deserve to be banned.

Retributionzx
12-06-2010, 07:44 AM
Estraz if ur talkin about me I didn't do any thing wrong I just had my account saved on his touch which is why I was banned well that's my theory

Estraz
12-19-2010, 02:47 PM
Something not very smart to do.

Unruly
12-23-2010, 02:29 AM
I got a question. A friend that I have made in-game asked for my e-mail. He said he wanted to send me an e-mail. should I not give it to him? Will just my e-mail do any serious harm?

caprisun84
12-23-2010, 07:03 PM
sorry i couldnt get a screenshot but someone once did ask me my email and password, i remember he was a low level bear, better watch that catigory!

simbaha2
01-01-2011, 12:02 AM
sorry i couldnt get a screenshot but someone once did ask me my email and password, i remember he was a low level bear, better watch that catigory!

what's catigory?

KaotiicxDream
01-31-2011, 03:14 PM
How to take screenshots on a HTC Desire ?

Joshooaaa
03-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Ya and there are people asking for acc info to hack your acc, giving you unlimited rares. I saw one of my PL friends let him do it, and then the hacker approaches me as my friend to try and show that the hack was real... Watch out, and don't be greedy

Apostar
03-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Hi guys, there's a scammer/hacker amongest us his onscreen name is Veoraran; a lev 20 player. Supposedly has a lev 50 player by the name; and get this Lordmoke. Approached me when i was playing with my low level farmer (Fathom). His catch line "r u trustworthy". "Can i put my void set and 120,000 in ur stash". Thought this was a player who just hadn't had a chance to accumulate a stash large enough to store his items yet. But when he began to inquiry about my acct info and password red flags went up; so I informed him, you can't do this the game won't let you that, when he said all you have to do is give it to me. At that point I report this individual and informed all other players to be on the look out for him. Didn't know where else to post this, but here. Don't how long it takes the Devs. to act but thought I'd better get it out here for all players especially new players that might not know this.
High level players are:
Revox 55
Archerblue 52
Bblink 52
Apoaalyse 52

Thedexeagle
03-28-2011, 03:17 AM
I gave my email and password to a guy who's dad works for PL!! He told me that he would give me free plat and he did!! He begged me to lvl him to 50 so he told me his email and password and I lvled him up. The next day I was banned when he was 50 yesterday! Any reason?? Assomers, I know that you will not un-ban me... By the way his account name is Sharptip... :( I'm sad, the dev team hates me when I play PL... expecially Justg when I wanted to know some questions about Blackstar but at least Asommers replied to me. :)

Redbridge
03-28-2011, 03:23 AM
You need to direct your question to the dev's directly as they won't respond on the forums to this sort of post.

Contact them via support[at]spacetimestudios.com (replacing the [at] with @

Good luck

Thedexeagle
03-30-2011, 03:02 AM
I done that first thing with my email. Asommers sent me ' We will not be replying to these requests' so I decided to message them but they still don't.

LADYHADASSA
03-30-2011, 08:18 AM
This is happening all threw the game, the other night one player kept posting will buy a under lvl 10 account 200k... i posted in main this is agains pl rules and that even asking could get this person banned, i explained banned is done via devise not just account, the player stopped posting, each time i changed charecters and re entered the room they where re advertising. It seems many players who are young are giving out their account info for reasons such as....

1) somone twlling them they will buy them plat
2) i can help you respec your account to make you stronger....
3) i can help you set up skills for combos i usually charge 800k but i like you ill do it for free....
4) let me take your account to a higher lvl i can farm for you and get you free gold and items.....

All followed by i just need your account and password.....

Moogerfooger
03-30-2011, 08:45 AM
I gave my email and password to a guy who's dad works for PL!! He told me that he would give me free plat and he did!! He begged me to lvl him to 50 so he told me his email and password and I lvled him up. The next day I was banned when he was 50 yesterday! Any reason?? Assomers, I know that you will not un-ban me... By the way his account name is Sharptip... :( I'm sad, the dev team hates me when I play PL... expecially Justg when I wanted to know some questions about Blackstar but at least Asommers replied to me. :)

Logging into another player's account is a no-no. Not allowed whatsoever. I will say no more :p

LADYHADASSA
03-30-2011, 08:51 AM
Devs are very good about replys, the thought process here is...... There are how many thousand players? How ,any emails? It takes time ti sift threw thousands of e mails, and reply. I have played many games. PL is the first to have a dev team that takes the time to respond. Patience.....

:)

P.S dont give out information not matter who somone Claims to be..

UniitsHD
04-04-2011, 03:19 AM

Rusalio
04-07-2011, 03:12 PM
I find these threads very amusing and as comically as twink put it, funny enough to laugh myself out of bed to knock over the candle that caught the cat on fire who ran about the house setting it ablaze :)

On the serious side of the house, As an older player(father 40+) I work IT security for a large fortune 100 company, we even have adults doing this sort of crazyness. Granted this is a game, for you Kids and adults out there, an account that is shared, can often lead to someone taking over your email accounts and then exploiting other systems( facebook, utilities, banks acct...etc) that might happen email your account

Parents/adults - teach kids some cyberethics.
http://www.microsoft.com/security/online-privacy/cyberethics-practice.aspx

Kids - See the following
http://www.microsoft.com/security/family-safety/childsafety-internet.aspx

This is coming from a security analyst thats been there done that. Be smart about playing and interacting with people you do NOT KNOW.

http://cdn0.mos.techradar.futurecdn.net///classifications/images/hacker-580-75.jpg

NoNxToxic
05-29-2011, 08:37 PM
will selling/buying a account get u banned?

NeoQueen
05-29-2011, 09:36 PM
will selling/buying a account get u banned?

Emphatic, absolute, positively not playing YES.

Awsomus
06-05-2011, 12:02 AM
Watchout guys there is someone saying "You Tube contest for 1000 Platinum!" I checked to see if it was real and he said "all you have to do is say hello in french" so I said it and then he said "Yay! you won! all I need now is your account password and E-mail so I can put the platinum onto your account!!! Yay!!" Sounds to me like a scam... his/her name was "Kausahandez"

Zomgitznaynay
06-06-2011, 07:05 PM
oh my oh my i got banned because i share my info with my family and they play on their devices one time

llothlarian
06-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Speaking of banning, I got nailed because when I type like on my Droid incredible in a hurry, I hihit k not l Ike. The rracial.slur hasnt been used in 50 years, and they wanna imply im hating Jews. Really ticks me off. Allow for.spellimg issues with touch screens.

Diaxos
10-13-2011, 12:08 PM
How are they trolling? Are you a scammer?

MimeRifle
10-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Parents/adults - teach kids some cyberethics.
http://www.microsoft.com/security/online-privacy/cyberethics-practice.aspx

Kids - See the following
http://www.microsoft.com/security/family-safety/childsafety-internet.aspx

This is coming from a security analyst thats been there done that. Be smart about playing and interacting with people you do NOT KNOW.

http://www.mxmcreation.com/images/internet-security/hacking-ym.gif

Well said Rusalio! As a fellow infosec guy (I presume we are both (ISC)2 members? CISSP?) at the program level, I endorse the notion that the first $.40 of every dollar of security budget could best be used on awareness. Humans are the last line of defense, and the most intelligent security countermeasure in existence! Education is the key. Current events make a great conversation starter - e.g. the Hackerazzi thing in the news now. I can't believe celebrities these days would use such weak passwords or challenge questions - but thanks to them I have material for my next bulletin!! :D

A rep boost to you my colleague!

KTpantyhose
10-19-2011, 09:54 AM
i feel like this should be common sense for people lol

Diaxos
10-21-2011, 06:19 AM
Watchout guys there is someone saying "You Tube contest for 1000 Platinum!" I checked to see if it was real and he said "all you have to do is say hello in french" so I said it and then he said "Yay! you won! all I need now is your account password and E-mail so I can put the platinum onto your account!!! Yay!!" Sounds to me like a scam... his/her name was "Kausahandez"

Yeah, I saw that too. There was another guy called: Onikanoa or something like that. I have to go find it again but he was saying he could get people unlimited platinum 5x a day....so yeah...

Navygreen
10-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Yeah, I saw that too. There was another guy called: Onikanoa or something like that. I have to go find it again but he was saying he could get people unlimited platinum 5x a day....so yeah...

Report, report, report. :) Help keep Alterra nice and clean!

Elementron
11-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Someone pretended he was a mod, then tried to trick me into telling him My details. He was BLOWN. I reported him, and never heard of him AGAIN... I wonder what happened? :)

Elementron
11-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Report, report, report. :) Help keep Alterra nice and clean!
Yes, It must be kept Clean, That means no litter, and/or garbage. OK PEOPLE!!?? ;)

Fao
11-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Unless ur quitting

Redbridge
11-23-2011, 11:52 AM
Unless ur quitting

Nope even if you're quitting... It's against the terms. Check out my reply to your original thread should hopefully clarify it all there.

Swimmingstar
11-23-2011, 12:18 PM
Nope even if you're quitting... It's against the terms. Check out my reply to your original thread should hopefully clarify it all there.

Yep it is still against the "PL laws".

Even if you let your friend use your account.

lilgangster
12-05-2011, 11:19 PM
I have a question. Im not to clear on device bans? Cuz me, my cuzin, and my uncle enjoy PL. we have no intent on breaking the rules, but sumtimes ill let them use my phone, or vice versa ill use theirs. Can this result in us getting banned? Cuz he has his account logged in on my phone. Then i jst log bak in mine. Any help is appreciated :)

razerfingers
12-05-2011, 11:40 PM
Is using your dads tablet and gaining access to his unregistered acc to gain a few kills in pvp considered account hijacking? If so i wont do it again lol :P

Karasusama
12-20-2011, 10:28 AM
Hello,

I was playing pocket legends and heard a possible (or definite) scam. Someone named Spacetimeon (sounds official) said to get free platinum, go to this website www.pocketlegends.yolasite.com

Of course I checked it out, because they made it sound official. I went to the website and it says pocket legends free platinum, has Gameforge and Gameloft symbols pasted with no trademarks. It does not say Spacetime anywhere. It asks how much platinum you want 100, 300, or 600. Then it asks for your email and password. And nothing else. I just checked again and it changed. The logos are gone and the font and text has changed.

I just thought if this is a scam, which it seems to be, it may possibly fool many people. Best to report it. I tried to send him a friend request and report him personally, but he did not respond. If there is an easier way to report please let me know. Someone else tried to buy my account in pm chat, but I unfriended him and disappeared before i could report him.

azebiuky
12-31-2011, 07:21 AM
I got the most fail scam. This lvl 1 came up to me and told me to change my face, becauz he was against ducks and wouldn't tell me why. Who hates ducks? Anyway I told him I didn't have 10 plat so he said his dad owns pl and he was gonna ban me frm the game I muted him and told him I was gonna report him. He left fast and he was gone frm my ignore list, so he probably deleted his character

Fallen_Chisk_Angels
01-23-2012, 02:31 AM
Umm.. Im just wondering, but i have my own ipod, but sometimes my sis uses it so i use me moms ipod, but she doesnt play pocket legends there for she doesnt have an account (Obviously :P), im wondering if this is against PL Laws?

javier995
01-23-2012, 11:28 AM
Umm.. Im just wondering, but i have my own ipod, but sometimes my sis uses it so i use me moms ipod, but she doesnt play pocket legends there for she doesnt have an account (Obviously :P), im wondering if this is against PL Laws?

Using your own account on different devices? No that's fine, that's not sharing accounts, its like using mobile and chrome, nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Tapatalk

Ebakriki
01-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Hi
:D:banana:

Fallen_Chisk_Angels
01-24-2012, 02:25 AM
Using your own account on different devices? No that's fine, that's not sharing accounts, its like using mobile and chrome, nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Tapatalk
Thx!

MimeRifle
01-24-2012, 10:40 PM
I have a fresh tip for those who may have only recently gotten hip to the whole "don't give out your email and password" bit...

If someone says to you "Dude, pull my finger!", don't do it. Its not even very funny...

Sryyoulose
01-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Never ask give or sell accounts... One of my friends sold a LVL 1... And got banned! DONT DONT IT!

Bronxman2012
01-25-2012, 03:57 PM
And never use "manrules" as your password. If you do, your account will be deleted.

MimeRifle
01-25-2012, 07:53 PM
It is only safe to give your account info to the lawyer for a Nigerian princess, and only if the lawyer emails you first asking for help. Then it's cool. If however the lawyer calls you on the phone asking for his friend Mike, hang up immediately. NOT cool.

Rusalio
02-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Well said Rusalio! As a fellow infosec guy (I presume we are both (ISC)2 members? CISSP?) at the program level, I endorse the notion that the first $.40 of every dollar of security budget could best be used on awareness. Humans are the last line of defense, and the most intelligent security countermeasure in existence! Education is the key. Current events make a great conversation starter - e.g. the Hackerazzi thing in the news now. I can't believe celebrities these days would use such weak passwords or challenge questions - but thanks to them I have material for my next bulletin!! :D

A rep boost to you my colleague!

Yes part of those infosec exchanges. Totally agree education is key here. Come to think of if, why couldnt this sort of education be part of the education channels on tv as a free tv spot. I think that old and young would benefit alike. People dont understand how bits a peices of information collected overtime amount too. Social media like fb and apps that have others answering questions about others need to be truly understood of what becomes of the collection of information. Account sharing or passwords is only one facet of the big picture :)

stompage
03-14-2012, 10:00 PM
why would you give your acc?

Claasic
04-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Is it a permanent ban or a temporary ban?

cainnblecter
06-21-2012, 08:05 AM
Umm i see alot of failed scammer but i dont habe pc or camera so questions is how can u take a pic of ur phone with ur phone lol

andyman
06-23-2012, 09:51 AM
How do you get unbanned!!!!

AveFenix
06-23-2012, 11:05 AM
How do you get unbanned!!!!

Hello for more information please visit us at: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/entries/20428617-i-ve-been-banned-help

Thank you,

AveFenix
06-23-2012, 11:11 AM
Umm i see alot of failed scammer but i dont habe pc or camera so questions is how can u take a pic of ur phone with ur phone lol

Hello,

Here is a links for Android phones on how to record screen shots.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/208566/how_to_take_screenshots_on_an_android_phone.html

Thank you for playing Dark Legends!