PDA

View Full Version : Dex str or pure dex bird?

Mageprodigy
10-04-2011, 12:30 AM
I tried str helm and plate with dex bow and saw i had much surviveability but lower dmg than pure dex, pure dex give me so deadly damage! But low surviveability.
So my question is: what would you choose?

NECROREAPER
10-04-2011, 12:54 AM
Depends on your play style, that's the only way you can answer the question really.

JaytB
10-04-2011, 01:08 AM
Personally, and I'm a pve person, I think dex/str is a waste. Birds are dmg dealers, they are the one who make killing a boss that much quicker due to their high dmg output. Putting points in str definitely helps survivability, but at the cost of A LOT of dmg. If you want survivability, why not just make a bear? A better option for survivability for a bird, while still dealing a fair amount of dmg, is using a dagger and wing IMO. The easiest way to stay alive as a pure dex bird is running with a good group :)

RedRyder
10-04-2011, 06:23 AM
IMO, unless you're doing a fraction of dex on bears and mages, pure is the way to go. Str mages lose spell effectiveness, str birds lose damage (see the pattern?) int bears are a joke as well as int birds.

Mageprodigy
10-04-2011, 11:21 AM
Thanks for answers im pure dex now and my dmg is very high!

NoobianOfAlterra
10-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Hey I have a lvl 58 warbird and warbirds are amazing if you know how to play and equip them my warbird can get like 35 crit and 20 dodge unbuffed, USING A BOW :)
EDIT: go pure dex all the way if you do pve only, but warbirds have a lot of advantage over dexbirds in pvp

Haowesie
10-09-2011, 06:40 PM
I told myself I would go back to pure dex once I have my demonic... I've been doing some solo practice runs lately in the house of pain map -- I can finish the map with no elixir, but I do a lot of running away and use a lot of red pots (with a few close calls to being dead) as they're always grouped in three. I don't think I can survive as pure dex bird, so I'm undecided. :-/