PDA

View Full Version : Boss Annihilator

Malorian
06-29-2010, 10:44 AM
Hi, i've been playing for 2 weeks and this my first post here.

Since starting i've been a total STR junkie. But since turning 40 i've re-specced my bear.

i have put all my points into DEX with an eye on maximizing DPS and crit. The aim is to be the ultimate 1 on 1 melee fighter.

THE BEARKSTABBER

Unbuffed
http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a439/fiqst/unbuffed.png?t=1277825342

Buffed
http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a439/fiqst/buffed.png?t=1277825342

Note the DPS and the crit numbers. Crit gets to 107 fully buffed, this means on low armoured enemies it crits every time.

Full DEX
Full Horus
Nomad Dagger

The tactic is to buff up, rush the Boss, lay down all of the stunning skills systematically, alternating between supermega slash, stomp and beckon, which has the boss frozen about 90% of the time. Rip it up with superior DPS and Crit.

King Richie
06-29-2010, 10:48 AM
This is nothing new ... im guessing you have never met banned !

Royce
06-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Very cool, dagger bears kinda fell out of fashion a while ago, but I saw one the other day, and I was impressed that it was not only able to tear enemies to shreds, but it was also able to survive quite well, due I suppose to the high dodge and bears natural health bonus.

And Richie is right, but this is still a good thing to post since I don't believe there is a dagger bear (stabear?) thread.

FluffNStuff
06-29-2010, 11:00 AM
Was doing the Shiv Bear for a while because the Swamp Rats Shiv, Swamp Rats Armor and Swamp Rats Shield all have high dodge. Stack that with full evade and taunt and you are invincible to long range attacks. It was great for herding bosses for farming because a single hit would 'freeze' you.

Banned
06-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Yep, it's nearly impossible for anything to kill me in PvE. Although, I use a Swamp Rats Shiv instead (dodge and crit). The downside to this setup is the high usage of mana potions. I can waste around 300 or so each campaign run, since Horus gear doesn't add m/s OR h/s, but health isn't really an issue.

Azrael
06-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Good pve build but this build gets smashed in pvp.

Probably has to do with the artificial alterations they made to pvp damage etc..

Regarldess the build doesn't manage to put out enough damage before a pali or str warrior kills you. Given the numbers you go their thou it doesn't make too much sense, but thats how it is. The only thing you are missing is regen, but in theory you would kill them before you need to regen. Anyway, the experience is that the dagger bear looks awesome but in pvp it gets owned.

vulgarstrike
06-29-2010, 03:57 PM
yeah banned.... is... well.... you.... know...... uh..... un.... well.... you see..... he's ..... like..... uh....

v5point0
06-29-2010, 05:02 PM
There is a reason why they call him Banned! Yeah he is the man :)

Banned
06-29-2010, 05:55 PM
I've come up with something that could help with the whole mana issue. Now that AO2 is out, all you need to do is simply have 2 Thoth and 2 Horus, similar to the 2 Zombie and 2 Thoth set-up. Not sure if there's a Horus dagger though. :/

Azrael
07-03-2010, 02:08 AM
I've come up with something that could help with the whole mana issue. Now that AO2 is out, all you need to do is simply have 2 Thoth and 2 Horus, similar to the 2 Zombie and 2 Thoth set-up. Not sure if there's a Horus dagger though. :/

you generally only need 1 thoth armor. Having 2 is nice but 1 level 45 thoth is enough. Once you go past 10 or 11 ms its just a waste. You will never go oom anyway.

Currently i'm rocking 3 isis 1 thoth. Works very well.