PDA

View Full Version : Rodvik's L-Z-P-B Build! ( Lay-Z-Poor-Boy )

Rodvik
10-04-2011, 08:22 AM
The Lay-Z-Poor-Boy :sleeping:

Introduction

Hello everyone! I've realized that a few people were writing guides up on their builds, and even though they are all great guides, none of them fit my playing style. So I thought I would go ahead and share my build with the community, because I'm pretty sure there are at least a few players out there that are looking for a reasonable build and play like me.

Now I'm sure you're all wondering: What in the world is this guy talking about? How does he play his Operative Class any different than most of the Operatives in Star Legends. Well let me begin by telling you that I'm Lazy and Poor in real life, so I was like "Why shouldn't my character and play style be any different?! Its familiar to me and man am I good at it!" So I built my Operative around those two traits, though I built him in a sense where he is still extremely effective in battle and on the recliner! (Shocking I know!) Because lets face it, if your Operative can't dps nobody wants you in their group! Plus you should reroll cause you're not doing what your Op is suppose to be doing.

With that being said, I'm a lvl 31 Operative, Full Dex, I use the full custom chromaweave set for the set bonus, and I went the critical route so I use the lvl 30 Platinum Dual Wield Pistols and the +3 Critical Implant. (22 Crit Unbuffed)

What this build focuses on is using the least amount of skills (Lazy) while still being effective against trash mobs and bosses. You will do great DPS while supporting your group/tank during boss encounters while saving yourself plenty of money (Poor) on stims/power packs.

Attribute Build

Pure Dex: As of right now I have not seen any other combinations of skill point distribution where you would get a higher DPS output.

The Skill Build

6 - Mind Wrack
0 - Flames of Insanity
0 - Lurch
6 - Inner Focus
6 - Amplify Pain
0 - Psychic Lash
0 - Blur
6 - Neural Shock
0 - Sympathetic Anguish
0 - Psychic Binding
6 - Precision

Used Skills Explanation

Mind Wrack - Best damage ranged skill (15-25), why wouldn't you use it? With a 6 second cooldown this should be a no brainer. Plus it rocks when it crits.

Amplify Pain - Gives you an extra +10 Crit and +15 Damage every 8 seconds! That alone is worth the skill. Did I mention it comes with a complementary -120 armor debuff on your target.

Neural Shock - I've respecced a few times before I settled down with this skill as opposed to Sympathetic Anguish or Lurch. Does 12-26 damage plus is very effective as a support skill against bosses due to it giving a debuff on the target of -20 Hit and -4 Crit for 5 seconds.

Precision - Gives you +14 Hit and +60 Crit, unfortunately it has a 60 second cooldown but don't let that get you down, in my build, you use it everytime its up!

Inner Focus - Did I mention I was Poor? That is why I have this skill, I honestly can't remember the last time I had to purchase any Power Packs, you occasionally have to use stims but this skill cost you no mana to use and who doesnt like FREE Health and Mana in times of need! It's not a waste either, with my build if used properly you will run out of mana.

Unused Skills Explanation

Flames of Insanity - I didn't bother using this skill because between Lurch and Neural Shock it has a longer cooldown time. Plus a stun is almost pointless on the trash in this game because with a reasonable group stuff dies fast.

Lurch - Did I mention this build was for lazy operatives? The last thing I want to be doing is chasing my target all over the map, not to mention sometimes Lurch is more effective than normal and it will send your target clear to the other side of the map..lol

Psychic Lash - Don't need to root stuff because its dead by the time you use the skill.

Blur - You should probably Delete your character if you have this skill and reroll a commando. If you have this skill its because you want to tank, at least for 6 seconds anyways!

Sympathetic Anguish - This was the other skill that I was debating if it was more valuable than Neural Shock. I came to the conclusion that the 3 second cooldown over Neural Shock wasn't worth it because despite this skill having a possible chance to hurt multiple targets by the time it has a chance to jump everything is already dead. So it was almost worthless.

Psychic Binding - Long cooldown plus if you kill stuff fast enough you won't have to slow them down. =)

Leveling

Level 2 - Mind Wrack
Level 3 - Mind Wrack
Level 4 - Mind Wrack
Level 5 - Mind Wrack
Level 6 - Inner Focus
Level 7 - Inner Focus
Level 8 - Amplify Pain
Level 9 - Amplify Pain
Level 10 - Amplify Pain
Level 11 - Amplify Pain
Level 12 - Amplify Pain
Level 13 - Amplify Pain
Level 14 - Mind Wrack
Level 15 - Mind Wrack
Level 16 - Neural Shock
Level 17 - Neural Shock
Level 18 - Neural Shock
Level 19 - Neural Shock
Level 20 - Neural Shock
Level 21 - Neural shock
Level 22 - Inner Focus
Level 23 - Inner Focus
Level 24 - Inner Focus
Levels 25-30 - You get Precision at Lvl. 28 (Save Your Points)
Level 31 - Inner Focus

Skill Mapping

Once again this is for Lazy Poor Boys or Girls for that matter so here is the skill mapping for my build.

Bottom to Top
1. Mind Wrack 6 sec
2. Neural Shock 7 sec
3. Amplify Pain 8 sec
4. Precision 60 sec

5. Inner Focus 30 sec
6-8. Using this many skills would require too much effort and definitely wouldn't play into my "style".

How To Use This Build

Spam your skills! That's right! Of course that doesn't sound Lazy but hardly having to switch to your secondary mapping skill page is! When Precision is up make sure to use Amplify Pain with it, there's nothing more fun than watching mobs bow down to you with 92% crit chance. You could use Precision 2-4 times a run depending on the map. And if you play long enough you'll learn to control your Precision to the point where it will be available come boss time. As for Mind Wrack, Neural Shock, and Amplify Pain as stated in the Skill Mapping Section they cooldown one right after the other, so keep them pumping.

Conclusion

So there you have it, my Lay-Z-Poor-Boy Build. I've very satisfied with this build, it gives me the great amount of DPS needed in an op and also lays down support for the group while keeping me somewhat able to collect credits and not be poor in game like I am in real life. Feel free to critique the build in a nice friendly constructive manner if need be, your insight is always appreciated.. =) Anyways, thanks for reading! Hope its helpful to some.

Noobbe
10-04-2011, 09:05 AM
Like it! That is my style exactly. My main is an engi, followed by a commando. Maybe I'll do a write up for those chars in the same style. I've left my Op to last cause I hadn't figured out how I want to play him... Not to mention he gets ko'd more often than not.

drewcapu
10-04-2011, 10:23 AM
JeffP would be proud

Rodvik
10-04-2011, 03:43 PM
JeffP would be proud

Lol ohh the good old days, WTB Subspace and Infantry. I miss Jeff and Yankee. :heart-borken:

LelouchX
10-04-2011, 07:25 PM
You weren't kidding when you said lazy and poor, lol. And i didn't mean that negatively, as I have done runs with you and u do indeed drop stuff quickly. The only thing i don't like about my current op build is that i have to switch between slots. Looks like i'm lazy at heart also. Well Done!

Blind
10-04-2011, 08:12 PM
I don't agree with this build and would have never used it myself. I've got a few reasons for it. First, inner focus is a useless skill and it won't save you too many pots in slouch-o runs. Second - no lurch. Lurch is a very important skill for hitting away strong enemies, but most importantly it is used for pinning down the bosses into corners or walls. Third, no psychic lash, very useful skill for perma rooting bosses. Fourth, no flames of insanity, which stuns boss as well as crits pretty good with lvl 6 precision. Fifth no sympathetic anguish, it hits very hard, plus u lose a lot of dps if u max one skill and neglect other one.
My build would be:
Amplify - 6
Flames - 1
Mind wrack - 6
Neural shock - 6
Sympathetic - 4
Lurch - 1
Physic lash - 1
Precision - 6

Straight up dps build, which is what operatives are for.

P.S Damage implant beats crit, since 3 crit won't help you at all, but 5 damage will make every single attack of yours hit harder and i mean, much harder.

Rodvik
10-04-2011, 09:51 PM
I don't agree with this build and would have never used it myself. I've got a few reasons for it. First, inner focus is a useless skill and it won't save you too many pots in slouch-o runs. Second - no lurch. Lurch is a very important skill for hitting away strong enemies, but most importantly it is used for pinning down the bosses into corners or walls. Third, no psychic lash, very useful skill for perma rooting bosses. Fourth, no flames of insanity, which stuns boss as well as crits pretty good with lvl 6 precision. Fifth no sympathetic anguish, it hits very hard, plus u lose a lot of dps if u max one skill and neglect other one.
My build would be:
Amplify - 6
Flames - 1
Mind wrack - 6
Neural shock - 6
Sympathetic - 4
Lurch - 1
Physic lash - 1
Precision - 6

Straight up dps build, which is what operatives are for.

P.S Damage implant beats crit, since 3 crit won't help you at all, but 5 damage will make every single attack of yours hit harder and i mean, much harder.

Guess its all a matter of opinion, the build has its ups and it downs, though as far as utilizing the better skills in my opinion and keeping money in my pocket it does that. I beg to differ on Inner Focus being useless, its saved me tons of money, even with the new Slouch-O zone, enough to say im living comfortably within the game...lol

As for lurch I can't agree with you on this either. The only thing I agree on possibly having lurch is if it has 6 points in it its a good dps skill due to only being 6 sec cooldown aside from that, all the mini bosses in this game dont even hit hard and things die to fast to even have to worry about knocking things back. Not to mention why would you need to corner the mini bosses or put them on a wall, your group can kill them just fine where they initially are standing. I could understand if one of the bosses did some special attack and to avoid it you would have to corner them or keep them a fair distance from the group but this isnt some computer MMO and strategies like that really havent been incorporated into the game to even bother with it. Lurch doesnt even work on the main bosses like Director to even make this skill viable it just complicates things and makes runs take longer because things have been pushed twice the distance from the group and we have to go catch it, not to mention if more than one op has lurch and theyaccidentally push the boss or bosses out of their leash zone it resets their health..lol

As for all these stunning skills one again personally to me they are all a waste, none of the minibosses hit hard enough to even care about stunning them they are simply tank and spank. Thankfully the Director is thr only fight in this game right now which uses somewhat of a different mechanic to kill him. Though he is still tank and spank even if you dont use the emote platforms and Director is the only boss besides prepatch Guardian which requires you to use a bunch of stims because they hit hard. Then once again I dont even think any of those stuns work on the boss... i could be wrong. I know the stuns work on the minibosses but like i said once again they dont hit hard enough to even bother stunning. Id rather max out my hard hitting dps skills than waste them on pointless stunning skills.

BUT like i said matter of opinion =) maybe in the future my build will change if STS actually comes out with a challenging boss fight which requires more than just standing in one spot pushing buttons (excluding Miner McKirk) of course and funny thing is McKirk is imo still the more challenging boss fight in this game out of all of the bosses. But we will see it is just a mobile game cant expect WOW strategy boss fights...lol

Sympathetic Anguish if it jumped more often and didnt have a longer cooldown id probably use it.

As for dmg vs crit implant, im running with alot of crit so i like to complement my gear with such. I also have the dmg implant if need be...lol

Anyways thank you for your insight Blind good to see people critiquing in a friendly manner =D never know if a good argument comes up whee i might change my build up.

Necrobane
10-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Love it, I'm actually planning to switch to it, as I too like seeing big numbers :P

Blind
10-05-2011, 12:21 AM
Yeah u r right about the stunning/rooting skills not being too useful in slouch, but still this build doesn't suit me. It's ok though, everyone plays differently :D

Gunfu
10-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Guess its all a matter of opinion, the build has its ups and it downs, though as far as utilizing the better skills in my opinion and keeping money in my pocket it does that. I beg to differ on Inner Focus being useless, its saved me tons of money, even with the new Slouch-O zone, enough to say im living comfortably within the game...lol

As for lurch I can't agree with you on this either. The only thing I agree on possibly having lurch is if it has 6 points in it its a good dps skill due to only being 6 sec cooldown aside from that, all the mini bosses in this game dont even hit hard and things die to fast to even have to worry about knocking things back. Not to mention why would you need to corner the mini bosses or put them on a wall, your group can kill them just fine where they initially are standing. I could understand if one of the bosses did some special attack and to avoid it you would have to corner them or keep them a fair distance from the group but this isnt some computer MMO and strategies like that really havent been incorporated into the game to even bother with it. Lurch doesnt even work on the main bosses like Director to even make this skill viable it just complicates things and makes runs take longer because things have been pushed twice the distance from the group and we have to go catch it, not to mention if more than one op has lurch and theyaccidentally push the boss or bosses out of their leash zone it resets their health..lol

As for all these stunning skills one again personally to me they are all a waste, none of the minibosses hit hard enough to even care about stunning them they are simply tank and spank. Thankfully the Director is thr only fight in this game right now which uses somewhat of a different mechanic to kill him. Though he is still tank and spank even if you dont use the emote platforms and Director is the only boss besides prepatch Guardian which requires you to use a bunch of stims because they hit hard. Then once again I dont even think any of those stuns work on the boss... i could be wrong. I know the stuns work on the minibosses but like i said once again they dont hit hard enough to even bother stunning. Id rather max out my hard hitting dps skills than waste them on pointless stunning skills.

BUT like i said matter of opinion =) maybe in the future my build will change if STS actually comes out with a challenging boss fight which requires more than just standing in one spot pushing buttons (excluding Miner McKirk) of course and funny thing is McKirk is imo still the more challenging boss fight in this game out of all of the bosses. But we will see it is just a mobile game cant expect WOW strategy boss fights...lol

Sympathetic Anguish if it jumped more often and didnt have a longer cooldown id probably use it.

As for dmg vs crit implant, im running with alot of crit so i like to complement my gear with such. I also have the dmg implant if need be...lol

Anyways thank you for your insight Blind good to see people critiquing in a friendly manner =D never know if a good argument comes up whee i might change my build up.

Deleted Gunfu the lv30 commando because I gimped him, and really didn't take to the class. Currently building Ebalere's EBA build with him. Gunpoint was already lv30 when Eb posted his build, but again I gimped up my stats with strength/intel. Im not rolling anymore toons unless I check out the builds. Costing me too much time and effort figuring out what works and what does not when others already have.
Thanks to you Rod i've got my second Operator build lined up! Just have to decide whether or not to delete yet another lv30 toon or keep him as a reminder!

Many thanks to my KoC guildmates!
Gun