PDA

View Full Version : [suggestion] Reset button

Booya
10-04-2011, 12:14 PM
I would like to suggest adding new button responsible for reseting all stats and level of character.
This is same like delete button with 1 difference - you can keep bought inventory slots, auction slots, vanity items, platinum items, platinum coins, changed face, changed hairs, unlocked animations (like party emotive) etc.

Skeletonlord
10-04-2011, 12:20 PM
This might be a good idea but some people might accidenly press it and lose their character level

Booya
10-04-2011, 12:58 PM
This might be a good idea but some people might accidenly press it and lose their character level
System will ask you once again if you are sure to do it and later you will have to write confirmation word (for example name of character) - just like during DELETE button.
So there will be no reseting characters by mistake

Gluttony
10-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Would be nice, so players could change class or start over without losing their auction/inventory slots, vanity faces and so on. Vanity/plat items can be put in stash (except toon locked items: CoP, SotH?), plat coins are usable via any toon so they're safe as well, emotes are also purchased by the account and are not character specific.

Edit: one problem I see is that there is a premium character purchase and if a toon could reset to level one, they could gain access to this deal over and over again increasing their auction slots for much cheaper than otherwise available. I think that is one of the major reasons a suggestion like yours may not get implemented.

Booya
10-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Would be nice, so players could change class or start over without losing their auction/inventory slots, vanity faces and so on
I was not talking about changing class. Thats too much i think. I just want reset all kills, deaths and level from created character. For example i have operative lvl 30. Ill click reset option and ill be again lvl 1. I will start again with same class, with same items in invetory, with same friends in friend list, with same not tradable vanity items (like chef hat) and whats more important i will start again with same custom face, with unlocked inventory and auction slots etc. I dont have platinums to create new character. Same with making changes in my skills so reset will help a lot. I have better knowledge now so i can choose better skills. Of course nothing for free. I will have to start all from beginning. But i think its fair enought. I could delete my character and create new but not every1 has many platinums...so reset is really good idea as i can keep few things that i cant get again

Edit: one problem I see is that there is a premium character purchase and if a toon could reset to level one, they could gain access to this deal over and over again increasing their auction slots for much cheaper than otherwise available. I think that is one of the major reasons a suggestion like yours may not get implemented
Im sure there is a solution. Maybe few more restrictions can be added to avoid it (like blocking premium purchase after reseting lvl or blocking it when used in past - offer cant be used 2 times).

I am pretty sure its good idea about reseting instead of deleting =( So we can find some ideas about making it real....

Manx
10-06-2011, 07:13 PM
I think this could be a smart idea, but I do not see this happening for free. It would probably be wise to make this happen with the requirement of plat, just like respeccing your skills!

Booya
10-07-2011, 06:40 AM
I think this could be a smart idea, but I do not see this happening for free. It would probably be wise to make this happen with the requirement of plat, just like respeccing your skills!
But when you are respecting skills you can keep your lvl. And if you dont have plats you can just reset character and start exping him again (making 30-31 again is not a easy thing. And how about future when more lvls will be unlocked). Also if some1 has platinums he can just delete for free and create character again - and he will buy all exlsusive things again.
You know...if it will cost platinums ill be forced to delete my character...i really want start play again and have more fun (dont forget, game is developed to spread fun - not problems)
This option is same like delete option. We will start again but unlocked slots will remain. Thats not like change name (50 plats) when we can keep our big lvl. Why we have to pay for wasting our time to max our char again (thats not easy now and will be much harder in future when we will have 60+ levels). So i think starting all again is fair enought. Uhm lets dont lie...they want money, sure. But we paid before for unlocking slots, vanity items, new faces and much more so there is no reason to cry (not real crying of course)

Also they are proud to do what they love - giving to us happiness

Gluttony
10-07-2011, 07:05 AM
Basically you want to reset and keep everything that you have paid for up to that point but I just don't see the payoff for STS to implement this. Any vanity item purchased can be put in stash but the faces/hair/slots will be deleted with the reset making it a better deal to just buy another character slot for 5 plat and start over that way. I get this idea is so that you can save plat but it's not really a necessary move since there are ways to accomplish what you want by using options already available for just a few plat.

Bottom line, an option like this would cut into STS' profits; use the options available to fix your toon as the only things you could have "messed up" are your skills and stats, that's 4 plat to save the purchased vanity and slots or delete and lose it all... your call.

flashbackflip
10-09-2011, 04:46 AM
Sorry, i don't see any use of that... If i want to evolve another character i just start a new one...

Booya
10-09-2011, 07:04 AM
Its just to keep bought inventory slots, faces etc. For me it can be usefull =) Just for fair price if cant be for free.

Booya
11-22-2011, 09:14 AM
I have no words for that organisation/system... At least you have not bad game :cold: Maybe close that topic?

BodMaster
11-22-2011, 09:28 AM
I would like to suggest adding new button responsible for reseting all stats and level of character.
This is same like delete button with 1 difference - you can keep bought inventory slots, auction slots, vanity items, platinum items, platinum coins, changed face, changed hairs, unlocked animations (like party emotive) etc.

Im all for this, purchased a 'Premium' char for a 0 death.. and guess what lag 'dead' I moved all my stuff over to stash and deleted, then realised what I had done and lost all my Inventory/Auction slots and what not :( (Though I could have contacted Support im sure they would have re-instated the account but oh well :p)

Though I can never see this being implemented (due to loss in plat sales), I still like the idea ;)

Booya
11-22-2011, 09:42 AM
Im all for this, purchased a 'Premium' char for a 0 death.. and guess what lag 'dead' I moved all my stuff over to stash and deleted, then realised what I had done and lost all my Inventory/Auction slots and what not :( (Though I could have contacted Support im sure they would have re-instated the account but oh well :p)
+1
I have always 500-1000 ping so its pretty easy to lagg for me. I am fighting hard to survive (talking about no deaths for fun). I would like to buy a premium character but whats the point if ill lagg / die / delete character.
Anyway, i dont think its worth to continue that topic. I am just wondering why our government is not cleaning threads...Just say NO, close topic and move it somewhere. But...what ever :) Like i said, you created good game so its fine :)

BodMaster
11-22-2011, 09:54 AM
+1
I have always 500-1000 ping so its pretty easy to lagg for me. I am fighting hard to survive (talking about no deaths for fun). I would like to buy a premium character but whats the point if ill lagg / die / delete character.
Anyway, i dont think its worth to continue that topic. I am just wondering why our government is not cleaning threads...Just say NO, close topic and move it somewhere. But...what ever :) Like i said, you created good game so its fine :)

Any topic (Unrelated/Pointless report and STS will close if they feel its necessary), especially your own thread can be closed. Just send a PM to Sam and he will do so when he gets on :)