PDA

View Full Version : [GUIDE] Ultimate Level up guide by GAZROAST

Gazroast
10-04-2011, 02:15 PM
*SPOILER ALERT*

Hello My fellow Star Legends Players.

I have put together a very simple leveling guide for you. I got to level 20 in one day!
This should only be used if you know what you're doing with-in the game already and just want to level faster.

1. SKIP TUTORIAL AND DISABLE AUTO-LEVELING IN OPTIONS FIRST.
- You only want to put points into your characters main attributes
- Engineer: INT
- Operative: DEX
- Tank: STR

2. Go around the Black Star base and collect as many quests as you can (Optional).

3. ONLY USE THE *SECTOR MAP* TO TRAVEL AROUND.
- This can be found on the main log-in page and/or by clicking the settings cog under your name in-game.
- When first starting out you will only be able to see Blackstar levels.

4. JOIN A GAME THAT JUST STARTED WITH THE HIGHEST LEVEL PLAYERS YOU CAN FIND.
- DON'T BE A LEECHER - HELP THE TEAM BY KILLING/TANKING/HEALING.

5. AS YOU CONTINUE TO LEVEL UP IT WILL SHOW YOU NEW PLACES YOU CAN GO, ONE LEVEL BEFORE YOU GET THERE.
- When your level 3 it will show you Red-Sun Pirates, but you can't join until your level 4, etc.
- You can access an area 2 levels before recommendation levels

-----------------------------------
Level 4 Pirates
Level 8 Cycorp
Level 14 Delta
Level 19 Numa
Level 24 Sloucho
- Thanks BodMaster
-----------------------------------

6. FIND GAMES FASTER BY SEARCHING NAME ONLY GAMES I.E. "DELTA", "CYCORP", "NUMA" ETC. ONCE YOU CAN JOIN THEM.

<--- Thank me! :)

gotrocks420
10-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Thanks for putting time into writing a guide!

Not to be critical, but isnt this stuff all mostly common sense? o_O

Although im sure theres some new players who could benifit from this. I think ill point my wife to this thread =P

BodMaster
10-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Nice start buddy :)

Noticed a little hic up (or I have caught wrong end of the stick.. and may come in handy anyway :p) you can access an area 2 levels before recommendation levels eg.

Level 4 Pirates ~ Recom' Level 6
Level 8 Cycorps ~ Recom' Level 10
Level 14 Delta ~ Recom' Level 16
Level 19 Numa ~ Recom' Level 21
Level 24 Sloucho ~ Recom' Level 26

Hope this helps if I did misunderstand :D

Also I don't exactly condone these methods for the 1st time around as all these skips are the basics needed to learn the mechanics of the game.. less *clueless* players, however if this is for an alt (after reaching close to Cap) go ahead :D its mostly what I have done in the past :)

Darkfader
10-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Looks good tutorial for speed leveling, however I disagree with number 1. I have found better for my engi split stats to str and int to gain extra health from str and also some mana from int.

CanonicalKoi
10-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Nice start buddy :)

Also I don't exactly condone these methods for the 1st time around as all these skips are the basics needed to learn the mechanics of the game.. less *clueless* players, however if this is for an alt (after reaching close to Cap) go ahead :D its mostly what I have done in the past :)

I agree with Bod on the good start. :) And on the "don't be in a rush to level--learn how to play your char and have fun". I'd much rather be in Slouch-O with four level 24's, say, that know how to play their classes then with four 30's that don't. And leveling with people is a great way to make most excellent friends.

One other tip, though I'm not for sure positive it works the same in SL as it does in PL. If it does (looks around frantically for Elly, Phys, IBN or another great student of game mechanics), you get more XP per kill with a full group. If I'm remembering my PL game mech correctly, it worked out to something like 1.5 times the XP per kill with a full group as opposed to soloing or a partial group.

Ephemeris
10-04-2011, 07:05 PM
Great start, indeed! I've got a few additional suggestions that you may want to include.

* You can continue to grind both XP and kills -- to a point -- even after you've surpassed the recommended level for a given zone/level. I haven't verified what this "point" is for every zone/level (as it seems to scale as you increase in level -- I think?), but -- for example -- you can still get XP and kills in Numa up to level 29. This inherently makes the runs easier (as you should have additional skills and better gear).
* Building on my previous comment, grinding on zones/levels beneath what you're capable of running does have a couple of downsides: 1) you receive less XP per kill, and 2) the typical drops are worth less.
* In most cases, the easiest mobs for a given zone/level can be found in the first stage associated with that zone/level (ideal for solo-farming); likewise, the most challenging mobs are generally located in the last stage of a given zone/level (ideal for group-based farming).

Ellyidol
10-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Lol, Can :)

You're right, there is a full group XP bonus. The exact modifiers, I don't know though :p

Ephemeris
10-04-2011, 07:13 PM
A full-group modifier of 1.33% comes to mind, though I may be getting my wires crossed. :)

CanonicalKoi
10-04-2011, 07:35 PM
Lol, Can :)

You're right, there is a full group XP bonus. The exact modifiers, I don't know though :p

See? You knew! I knew you'd know. :) Thanks, Elly.