PDA

View Full Version : PVP Ideas2

Gazroast
10-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Some PVP Ideas..

I think it should be ONE MASSIVE PVP world, not limited to 5 people.
The 5 people thing is great keeping in concept of quick short runs on the cell phone.
When I'm PVPing I like to settle in though... A giant PVP map would be awesome, could stick some re-spawning monsters in there with rare drops too.. (See map below)

TIERED COMBAT.. level caps on PVP servers will force creativity i.e. 1-5, 5-10, etc. Or a tier map i.e:

----------------------------------------------------
lvl 20+(Can attack other players up/down 20 levels) Super strong monsters, rare drops etc.

---------------------------------------------------
lvl 17+
lvl 15+
and down

down

down. etc.
Lvl 1+ (Can only attack one up and one down)
*Having Tiered PVP maps lets some people stick with a lvl 10 PVP Char for ever if they want. Will also help STS by selling more rare items for the lower levels depending on low-balling characters (I should be getting paid for my ideas, LOL!)

Quests/Missions to do in the PVP maps!

Chance to DROP ITEMS. Going into PVP should be RISKY.

More you PVP your name changes colour and you can drop more/less items?
Or if you attack someone you get a skull over your head and can lose more than 1 item?

More thoughts as they come, better get back to work! :)

Zapoke
10-04-2011, 03:56 PM
More you PVP your name changes colour and you can drop more/less items?
Or if you attack someone you get a skull over your head and can lose more than 1 item?

Do I smell an RS player?

Gazroast
10-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Do I smell a R******** player?

lol. DON'T SAY THE NAME!

I am an x-plaeyer from there, many years ago. before it turned mega-lame!

I am hoping for playability with this game like the old "R*" used to be.

Zapoke
10-04-2011, 04:14 PM
I am an x-plaeyer from there, many years ago. before it turned mega-lame!

I am hoping for playability with this game like the old "R*" used to be.

The problem with that PvP system, is it makes it even more competitive then it already is, and people (me included) wouldn't play PvP as much, if it all changed to this... Because you could lose all your items easily, if you lag.. The game isn't like RS, where you can lag and still kill the other player lol.
Sorry if I seem harsh here, but I didn't really like RS's PvP system to much... :o

Gazroast
10-04-2011, 04:24 PM
The problem with that PvP system, is it makes it even more competitive then it already is, and people (me included) wouldn't play PvP as much, if it all changed to this... Because you could lose all your items easily, if you lag.. The game isn't like RS, where you can lag and still kill the other player lol.
Sorry if I seem harsh here, but I didn't really like RS's PvP system to much... :o

Not at all, utilitarian is the betterment for ALL players, not just me :P

The OLD RS PvP was good though, I hate the game the way it is now.
LAG could be a huge problem for some people, you are correct.
Infact when I was PKing on RS many years ago, I lagged and when I came back dead I smashed my computer screen, which was a shame as it was a really nice LCD screen.
Dropping one item if you have been pvp for a while though, would take some working out the figures but I like a monetary reason to PK - If there was item dropping for Pking in this game I guarantee the player base would double in a week. :)

Zapoke
10-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Dropping one item if you have been pvp for a while though, would take some working out the figures but I like a monetary reason to PK - If there was item dropping for Pking in this game I guarantee the player base would double in a week. :)

If you mean just dropping an item.. Not looting one.. Then you're right.. Rewards for PvP is a good idea, but if people would lose items.. They would want to play..:confused:

WhoIsThis
10-04-2011, 08:57 PM
I'd abandon PvP if that happened instantly. I'm not a statistical outlier either. In fact, I'd consider quitting PL if that happened. It's why I view Runescape as a failure (that and the use of macro programs).

I think that you are well intentioned, but frankly, completely divorced from reality and willfully ignorant. A system that rewards people with drops inherently rewards existing players. No new players would want to PvP again. Maybe never.

While I agree that there should be a reward for PvP - it should come as no risk to new players. For them, it's bad enough seeing their K/D ratio decline. Most just quit PvP and hide their PvP stats.

Silentarrow
10-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Do I smell an RS player?

The PvP in RS was the only reason I played it :).

WhoIsThis
10-04-2011, 09:30 PM
The PvP in RS was the only reason I played it :).

PvP in PL is the main reason why I play PL. :excitement:

Zapoke
10-04-2011, 10:17 PM
PvP in PL is the main reason why I play PL. :excitement:

Me too :]