PDA

View Full Version : Please don't do this again...

zaorago
02-03-2017, 12:52 AM
Please do not do this again...

Xmas update was a good one but let's keep it just for xmas. Valentines day is coming up and i know most of the people that have 2010 valentines gear would hate for an event like Christmas to happen again. So please, Cinco, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

"My name is Pluto and i approve this message"

humiiii
02-03-2017, 01:27 AM

Xmas update was a good one but let's keep it just for xmas. Valentines day is coming up and i know most of the people that have 2010 valentines gear would hate for an event like Christmas to happen again. So please, Cinco, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Lol. We can already get any vanity we want, why do you care if he releases 2010 vanities again?

City
02-03-2017, 01:43 AM
so you are pretty much saying "don't release 2010 valentines items and make $$$ as a company because then the L10 cupid bow I have will not be worth alot of gold"

LovingLu
02-03-2017, 02:39 AM
I bet Cinco will do it:)

zaorago
02-03-2017, 02:48 AM
Lol. We can already get any vanity we want, why do you care if he releases 2010 vanities again?

First of all, re-releasing* more vanities will just devalue everything and will defeat the purpose of collecting. If PL was a bigger audience, releasing it would be a much more logical path. But it's not :)... So i think that the exclusive holiday loot (1-2 day holidays) shouldn't be released. Also, if sts re-releases in valentines day, this means they have to do it to all the other holidays... This is not what we need (my opinion). I think having another Grotto would be the next logical step! We're chewing on more than what our mouth's handle!!!

so you are pretty much saying "don't release 2010 valentines items and make $$$ as a company because then the L10 cupid bow I have will not be worth alot of gold"

can you read my thread again? I specifically said "I know most of the people that have 2010 valentines gear would hate for an event like Christmas to happen again". I wasn't talking about myself. Also, this goes for all the other 1-2 day holidays. Hope that makes sense to you!

zaorago
02-03-2017, 02:56 AM
So essentially, I think that we have the right amount of holiday/pvp/whatever items in this game. But the problem is, we need some gold to catch up with the economy... Grotto not only boosted the economy, but also made it possible for new players to have a chance at getting their dream item they've always wanted. Any inputs as to what you think should be the right move?

City
02-03-2017, 04:03 AM
wasnt grotto glitched? you were actually suppose to purchase a 50 plat elexir to be able to open the portal to grotto. But it was glitched to where the 2 plat elexir worked.

Bazinga!
02-03-2017, 04:59 AM
Pluto: Please don't! :(
Cinco: Cry.

KingFu
02-03-2017, 05:28 AM
It's a shame, but they'll surely get re-released. There's just no such thing as collecting or limited items anymore. It's a real shame, but everything being tradeable isn't enough.

Kingzila
02-03-2017, 05:37 AM

See what you did, now he has to do it.

Bazinga!
02-03-2017, 07:19 AM
If they re-release the 2010 items, it wouldn't be a shame because 2010 items were collectible items, which they are not. Rather it would be a shame because they re-released previously created items.

I would say please make new items. But based upon what you said, the only legititmate reason I can see for not wanting this kind of update is because the price of some expensive items will drastically go down. And seeing that you've offered a Valentine's Cupid bow over 10 times on several occasions for different items, I'd say the reason is precisely that.

Buchmeister
02-03-2017, 08:36 AM

He should just release a reskin...

KingFu
02-03-2017, 03:12 PM
I would say please make new items. But based upon what you said, the only legititmate reason I can see for not wanting this kind of update is because the price of some expensive items will drastically go down. And seeing that you've offered a Valentine's Cupid bow over 10 times on several occasions for different items, I'd say the reason is precisely that.

The selfish card can be played both ways. The primary reason some people want them re-released is because they don't have them but wish to. It's even worse in that case since them being tradeable now means they're entirely obtainable by anyone, people just want to get their hands on them with the least amount of effort.

It isn't entirely selfish to not want them re-released anyways. I've always wanted a Devil's Pitchfork yet I was bummed to see those available again, I don't have an ESB yet I think the level 80 plat version is incredibly lame, I've never had a Humania face, but I don't want those made available again. In a world where everyone and their grandma has an undeserved Founder's and CoP, few items still hold any importance and have uniqueness to them. Some things were made to be limited and should be kept that way.

Besides, where do we draw the line? The original Valentine's items are some of the last holiday items that actually retained their spirit to them. Are holiday items the only things being re-released, or are we going to see Ichor weapons and black drag for plat soon? Since that would also generate lots of money for StS. Should Volconuts start dropping too so we can disregard anything retaining what little uniqueness it still has? People just suggest what should and shouldn't return based on what benefits them the most.

City
02-03-2017, 03:48 PM
So if you didn't have the Valentine's Sword would you still be saying this right now? If sts doesnt get the funds it needs then what is the point of having exclusive items on a dead game? We all know STS doesn't have enough time to release non-recolored new items on PL every update. Which is why releasing old items is the best way to go. Peppermint Pounder, Candy cane staff, Snowman bow for xmas... Valentine sword,Rose wand,cupid bow for valentines day. If you don't agree with me then don't be mad at STS when they sunset the game aka release everything because they are no longer supporting PL anymore because it's not sufficiently profit. A wise man once said "the hard economics is that products have a lifecycle and they die."

KingFu
02-03-2017, 05:09 PM
So if you didn't have the Valentine's Sword would you still be saying this right now? If sts doesnt get the funds it needs then what is the point of having exclusive items on a dead game? We all know STS doesn't have enough time to release non-recolored new items on PL every update. Which is why releasing old items is the best way to go. Peppermint Pounder, Candy cane staff, Snowman bow for xmas... Valentine sword,Rose wand,cupid bow for valentines day. If you don't agree with me then don't be mad at STS when they sunset the game aka release everything because they are no longer supporting PL anymore because it's not sufficiently profit. A wise man once said "the hard economics is that products have a lifecycle and they die."

I assume this is in response to me? Yes, I would still be saying it, hence me giving numerous examples of items I was/would be disappointed to see re-released. That was kinda the point of the entire second paragraph of my post.

I also never said anything against recolored or redesigned items, I think that's a perfectly fine compromise. I don't get why you're painting it as if StS doesn't re-release all the Valentines items then PL will immediately get shutdown, lol. I'm fairly certain people will still buy recolored and redesigned items. Like I said, when do we draw the line in that instance anyways? Should Ichor items, Black Drag, Volconut, Community Shield, and Tourney Shield all be purchasable for plat? Because by your inherent logic they all should be along with anything else that could generate income.

Besides, I think it's fairly safe to assume any influx in revenue StS garners from PL won't be reinvested into the game anyways, and rather will go towards other efforts since they've moved on from PL. That's not a criticism at all either, it's entirely logical, but it is to say that PL isn't their primary source of income anymore. That's a lazy excuse to make.

zaorago
02-03-2017, 05:45 PM
I assume this is in response to me? Yes, I would still be saying it, hence me giving numerous examples of items I was/would be disappointed to see re-released. That was kinda the point of the entire second paragraph of my post.

I also never said anything against recolored or redesigned items, I think that's a perfectly fine compromise. I don't get why you're painting it as if StS doesn't re-release all the Valentines items then PL will immediately get shutdown, lol. I'm fairly certain people will still buy recolored and redesigned items. Like I said, when do we draw the line in that instance anyways? Should Ichor items, Black Drag, Volconut, Community Shield, and Tourney Shield all be purchasable for plat? Because by your inherent logic they all should be along with anything else that could generate income.

Besides, I think it's fairly safe to assume any influx in revenue StS garners from PL won't be reinvested into the game anyways, and rather will go towards other efforts since they've moved on from PL. That's not a criticism at all either, it's entirely logical, but it is to say that PL isn't their primary source of income anymore. That's a lazy excuse to make.

Well said...

sebbyc
02-03-2017, 06:14 PM
Cinco will because he's loco. But maybe new weapons? Or put "2017" in the name of the item to separate the old ones from the new items?

3pc
02-03-2017, 06:38 PM
There is literally no point in exclusivity anymore they might as well hand out everything now least you have to be somewhat rich in the game to look good.

Bous
02-03-2017, 07:17 PM
who else is buying platinum when they re-release valentines items?

Bazinga!
02-03-2017, 11:57 PM
The selfish card can be played both ways. The primary reason some people want them re-released is because they don't have them but wish to. It's even worse in that case since them being tradeable now means they're entirely obtainable by anyone, people just want to get their hands on them with the least amount of effort.

It isn't entirely selfish to not want them re-released anyways. I've always wanted a Devil's Pitchfork yet I was bummed to see those available again, I don't have an ESB yet I think the level 80 plat version is incredibly lame, I've never had a Humania face, but I don't want those made available again. In a world where everyone and their grandma has an undeserved Founder's and CoP, few items still hold any importance and have uniqueness to them. Some things were made to be limited and should be kept that way.

Besides, where do we draw the line? The original Valentine's items are some of the last holiday items that actually retained their spirit to them. Are holiday items the only things being re-released, or are we going to see Ichor weapons and black drag for plat soon? Since that would also generate lots of money for StS. Should Volconuts start dropping too so we can disregard anything retaining what little uniqueness it still has? People just suggest what should and shouldn't return based on what benefits them the most.

There's no doubt that it would be a shame if they re-released the old Valentines items. But I am having doubts on whether you think its a shame for the right reason. We really have to get rid of this 'exclusivity' mindset. The fact that Valentines items are one of a kind is because other items HAVE been re-released and Valentines items HAVE NOT. Ideally, no item should have been re-released, and new items should have been made in place of them.

I, for one, am least interested in a Valentines Item, and I believe that several other players share the same opinion. I don't want old Valentines items to return, but instead have new items all together. Ask Pluto; he hasn't been able to sell his Cupids Bow for ages. And if the price depreciates, I would be even less interested, because then I won't be able to keep them as an asset.

And please not this undeserved crap again. Don't you think someone who has worked hard to earn 50M deserves to be able to buy a founders? Go to any other game. There's no discrimination based on when you joined. You have every chance to be the best, whether it's by playing too much or paying too much.

XghostzX
02-04-2017, 12:36 AM
And please not this undeserved crap again. Don't you think someone who has worked hard to earn 50M deserves to be able to buy a founders? Go to any other game. There's no discrimination based on when you joined. You have every chance to be the best, whether it's by playing too much or paying too much.

To be fair, PL isn't like "any other game," it is of its own class and that's why we are all here :)

Suentous PO
02-04-2017, 01:08 AM
And please not this undeserved crap again. Don't you think someone who has worked hard to earn 50M deserves to be able to buy a founders? Go to any other game. There's no discrimination based on when you joined.

Throughout the VAST majority of this game there has nearly alwayway been a differential based on when you played and what you might have done to earn what, which was going to be exclusive.
That is one the the things that used to drive me,
that was why I didn't "go to any other game".

KingFu
02-04-2017, 02:55 AM
There's no doubt that it would be a shame if they re-released the old Valentines items. But I am having doubts on whether you think its a shame for the right reason. We really have to get rid of this 'exclusivity' mindset. The fact that Valentines items are one of a kind is because other items HAVE been re-released and Valentines items HAVE NOT. Ideally, no item should have been re-released, and new items should have been made in place of them.

I, for one, am least interested in a Valentines Item, and I believe that several other players share the same opinion. I don't want old Valentines items to return, but instead have new items all together. Ask Pluto; he hasn't been able to sell his Cupids Bow for ages. And if the price depreciates, I would be even less interested, because then I won't be able to keep them as an asset.

And what's this so called "right reason" in the eyes of...you? I've said twice it isn't even remotely about self-gain. As for your stance on exclusivity, I strongly disagree.

And please not this undeserved crap again. Don't you think someone who has worked hard to earn 50M deserves to be able to buy a founders?

Uh, nope, not even a little bit. Different items are meant to represent various things. Founder's was created to represent founding players, CoP was to recognize those who hit the first elite cap, Tourney Shield, Over Achiever helm, Volconut, etc. Those vanities had a story attached to each of them. They were something players had to actually work hard to earn through various means, and not just sit in town and buy. Countless items played the role of showing off your wealth, not every item needs to. There's much more to PL than just gold. Having a lot of gold grants you several privileges as is, it shouldn't get you everything.

Go to any other game. There's no discrimination based on when you joined. You have every chance to be the best, whether it's by playing too much or paying too much.

Lol, huh? Countless games have exclusive and limited items. Pre-order incentives, limited collector's editions, exclusive releases of the game, limited holiday items/DLC, various events. I have no idea what you're talking about there. Also, how do exclusive vanity helms and items that aren't even viable in PvP inhibit anyone from being "the best"? You mean to tell me Johnnythebear can't be the best bear in PL because he doesn't have a CoP on his head and a Tourney Shield in hand? I'll also ignore the fact you may actually be suggesting pay-to-win is a better practice than having exclusive/limited items.

iceQueen69
02-04-2017, 03:21 AM
if cinco was truly loco he would re-release EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!! :smiley_simmons::highly_amused::loyal:

Blyzzor
02-04-2017, 04:16 AM
But what's the point when the new players cant literally get anything lol? I think this update made a majority of ppl happy and you can now always work towards something. I know a lot of people that had exclusive cap vanities and founders that actually cashed in hard with their items. I think this is a way better scenario than people being stuck with same lame stuff for ages. I mean if u started in 76 cap which was a while a go.. u had never the ability to get even a 3pc, foxes and rhinos never saw them from the day they were released. This way everyone can get a piece of the cake and work towards something.

Even if you got a cop back in sewers cap? Whats the point of having same stuff in a game that isn't really moving anywhere, there's no more huge updates like there used to be, it's just a fact. If sts were planning to continue adding huge updates like proper designed caps and adding new vanities I'm pretty sure they would never have done free trade. Adding free trade and 999m gold cap just encourages people to play more. Just imagine if they never did free trade, lets say they just extended gold cap, do you really think the game would be as lively as it is right now. NO. And games are all about player experience, which obviously got a lot better after the update.

Bazinga!
02-04-2017, 04:24 AM
And what's this so called "right reason" in the eyes of...you? I've said twice it isn't even remotely about self-gain. As for your stance on exclusivity, I strongly disagree.

Uh, nope, not even a little bit. Different items are meant to represent various things. Founder's was created to represent founding players, CoP was to recognize those who hit the first elite cap, Tourney Shield, Over Achiever helm, Volconut, etc. Those vanities had a story attached to each of them. They were something players had to actually work hard to earn through various means, and not just sit in town and buy. Countless items played the role of showing off your wealth, not every item needs to. There's much more to PL than just gold. Having a lot of gold grants you several privileges as is, it shouldn't get you everything.

Lol, huh? Countless games have exclusive and limited items. Pre-order incentives, limited collector's editions, exclusive releases of the game, limited holiday items/DLC, various events. I have no idea what you're talking about there. Also, how do exclusive vanity helms and items that aren't even viable in PvP inhibit anyone from being "the best"? You mean to tell me Johnnythebear can't be the best bear in PL because he doesn't have a CoP on his head and a Tourney Shield in hand? I'll also ignore the fact you may actually be suggesting pay-to-win is a better practice than having exclusive/limited items.

So you mean discovering the game early enough to get a Founder's helm is hard work? Then you have no idea. Some vanities can be meant for special purposes, but what does this have to do with a Valentine's Event? Having gold doesn't grant access to everything. You can't get a Tourney Shield, a Volconut or a Founder if the owner does not want to sell. Valentines on the other hand is a recurring event. There will be all sorts of new Valentines based gear.

Basically you want to own an item that was made in 2010 and say in 2017 that "I have this item. I joined before you, so I'm better than you". You shouldn't deny it. And Sue outright said it. If you do the same kind of discrimination with skin color, it's called racism, and I hope you don't support that as well.

Honestly that is the reason we're all here, you're absolutely correct Ghost. And it's also the reason for new players not being here. And if you think STS is going to keep updating for the same people year after year, well tough luck KingFu.

Other games have exclusive items. But a person who doesn't have them isn't shunned away. Besides, there's always the option of trading with real money in other games, which isn't an option in PL, thus the idea of making all items tradeable.

Suentous PO
02-04-2017, 09:49 AM
So you mean discovering the game early enough to get a Founder's helm is hard work?

You put words in ppls mouths and twist what they say. When he said hard work it was specifically mentioning other items in a separate sentence.

Having gold doesn't grant access to everything.

Yes it does now, minus human faces.

Valentines on the other hand is a recurring event. There will be all sorts of new Valentines based gear.

Hey, there's a good idea, new items.

Basically you want to own an item that was made in 2010 and say in 2017 that "I have this item. I joined before you, so I'm better than you". You shouldn't deny it. And Sue outright said it. If you do the same kind of discrimination with skin color, it's called racism, and I hope you don't support that as well.

Again twisting things and putting words in ppls mouths- No one said they were "better than you".
To compare this to racism is disingenuous and hyperbolic to say the least, you couldn't be more wrong.

Other games have exclusive items. But a person who doesn't have them isn't shunned away.

"shunned", really? Lol ppl need to take responsibility for their own perceptions and grow some thick skin before they go on line

Bazinga!
02-04-2017, 11:33 AM
You put words in ppls mouths and twist what they say. When he said hard work it was specifically mentioning other items in a separate sentence.

Yes it does now, minus human faces.

Hey, there's a good idea, new items.

Again twisting things and putting words in ppls mouths- No one said they were "better than you".
To compare this to racism is disingenuous and hyperbolic to say the least, you couldn't be more wrong.

"shunned", really? Lol ppl need to take responsibility for their own perceptions and grow some thick skin before they go on line

Oh please. We all have our own perceptions. Wrong is such a vague and relative term. You're as wrong as I am.

It may not be you, but you know that most of the community that still plays started a long time ago, and you know that a lot of people openly belittle new players.

What matters is experience. If you joined on the release date and never played since then, you would automatically have a founders. Did you deserve it? I don't think so.

I don't care if some people want exclusive items. It doesn't matter to me. But what does matter is the fact that people declare themselves better than others solely for owning some of these vanities, and as I mentioned, you may not be one of these people.

There's no point of me arguing any more. We got off on the wrong foot. I didn't mean to point you out in particular, but you cannot deny that the majority of the community has this mindset.

If things keep going like this, it doesn't matter how many updates PL gets, because as long as the player base doesn't increase, PL will remain a dead game.

Ruby!!!
02-04-2017, 12:52 PM
Come on they can't win this
Re-releasing old items? Old players mad because exclusivity
Releasing wholly new items? New players mad because equality
Release altered items? Everyone mad because recolor
Release any items? PvPers mad because rebalance

At this point I'd be happy if there'd be any event with maybe something to farm and something to buy

Suentous PO
02-04-2017, 01:18 PM
I should say that I'm not actually mad at anything anymore (I was). I'm happy to see a surge in activity whatever does that at this point. I play devils advocate or take to either side if I think I can get ppl thinking differently.

3pc
02-04-2017, 01:44 PM
if cinco was truly loco he would re-release EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!! :smiley_simmons::highly_amused::loyal:

What is there pretty much not released besides human faces?hahaha

Ruby!!!
02-04-2017, 02:15 PM
I should say that I'm not actually mad at anything anymore (I was). I'm happy to see a surge in activity whatever does that at this point. I play devils advocate or take to either side if I think I can get ppl thinking differently.
Acceptance is the last step ;)

I know I was rrreally mad when they put yellow antenna in blessings but since then I'm like 'eh' :)

KingFu
02-04-2017, 03:03 PM
Sue's response was pretty spot on, but I'll also add:

Having gold doesn't grant access to everything.

Wow, you're totally right. I entirely forgot about premium elixirs and Humania faces, silly me.

You can't get a Tourney Shield, a Volconut or a Founder if the owner does not want to sell.

Only there are several owners who do. Each of those examples I've seen in cs and know current sellers for. Name even one active item there isn't/hasn't been a seller for. Otherwise it's just yet another irrelevant hypothetical.

Basically you want to own an item that was made in 2010 and say in 2017 that "I have this item. I joined before you, so I'm better than you". You shouldn't deny it.

If only I had gone over my reasoning in a previous post. Heh. Anyways, you're right, this is so much worse than "I have this item. I'm richer than you, so I'm better than you."

If you do the same kind of discrimination with skin color, it's called racism, and I hope you don't support that as well.

Now that is a valid and intelligent point, sir. Well done.

I can cherry-pick too. You're clearly more fixated on attempting to twist my words and go off on a tangent than you are to construct a coherent counterargument, so oh well. I'll take my support of racism elsewhere.

XghostzX
02-04-2017, 03:15 PM
Alright everyone let's just take it easy

Buchmeister
02-04-2017, 10:43 PM

No Love Grottos? D:

Congeniality
02-05-2017, 05:14 PM
First of all, re-releasing* more vanities will just devalue everything

That is exactly what this game needs right now, the market is totally inflated and absurd.

Purplemint
02-05-2017, 07:16 PM
All i can say is, ive noticed that vanities before are more good looking than today. Lol.

Today's vanities makes me wanna puke.

I hope AL would create a very nice good looking vanity for mage. Id love to see a female version mage. Even if its on plat! Idc how much it is, if its really worth it ill buy!!

Sorry i just love vanities! Its what keeps me motivated! Lmao!

zaorago
02-06-2017, 12:56 AM
That is exactly what this game needs right now, the market is totally inflated and absurd.

Nah, economy is short on cash. We need another Grotto.

zaorago
02-06-2017, 01:03 AM
"Having gold doesn't grant access to everything." - Bazinga

"Wow, you're totally right. I entirely forgot about premium elixirs and Humania faces, silly me." - KingFu

Rip Bazinga.

Bazinga!
02-06-2017, 01:44 AM
Rip Bazinga.

He just proved my point. I had to say whatever I had to say. I still stick to my opinions.

But I feel for you bro. You have an expensive item that nobody wants and now it's gonna be worthless. Enjoy while you can!

Rip Zaorago

Burningdex
02-06-2017, 04:03 AM
forum drama gives me life.

Congeniality
02-06-2017, 03:23 PM
forum drama gives me life.

Forum drama gives me pain, and love, and emotions that make me want to eat dirt. But in the end, I think we can all accept that the rainbow elephant has made his last crusade, that his final extravaganza was in its final ensemble, that it was, indeed, the most beautiful thing that I was able to set my chipmunks upon. In no way, shape, or form, will one ever achieve the status as head TACO as I once did in Waliria.

Fwend
02-07-2017, 02:30 AM
Forum drama gives me pain, and love, and emotions that make me want to eat dirt. But in the end, I think we can all accept that the rainbow elephant has made his last crusade, that his final extravaganza was in its final ensemble, that it was, indeed, the most beautiful thing that I was able to set my chipmunks upon. In no way, shape, or form, will one ever achieve the status as head TACO as I once did in Waliria.

Too hilarious.

The game has changed. All items to be traded and stashed.

Many players have quit because of the loss of their hard earned exclusive items, others have embraced it and cashed in on their rare items. Yes there are many players who bought many older accounts and are making use of the new pl as well.

Everyone has a right to an opinion, no one is right over another.

I don't mind if they re-release the older Valentine's Day vanity's, it means more plat purchased for STS, which results in more updates for PL.