PDA

View Full Version : Wow really...

apocketlegend
10-04-2011, 06:14 PM
I didn't know until I just found out that I you disable Xp gain, you can't gain kills........ Why te ECM is this rule in tact? And I made this bear for just that purpose, kills. I can't belive it. Also I accedenyiallh bought the same set two times in a row wanting a different color of Plat armor. Wow why STS?

apocketlegend
10-04-2011, 06:16 PM
http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc480/keffer33/f1a87ec4.jpg
-.-

Kraze
10-04-2011, 06:17 PM
If you want kills they are waiting for you in nuri hallows

apocketlegend
10-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Level 20 bear

Battlelock
10-04-2011, 06:18 PM
That rule has been in tact for over a month or so now. There are many threads on this topic.

Kraze
10-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Level 20 bear
You can collect kills at level 61 get to grinding and racking up those kills

Haowesie
10-04-2011, 06:23 PM
The funny thing about this is your kill numbers don't go up, but your death does... Oo

JaytB
10-04-2011, 06:24 PM
That rule has been in tact for over a month or so now. There are many threads on this topic.

^^As he said.

It's been discussed numerous times on the forum already. No need to bring it up again since it's been made clear it's here to stay :)

Phoenixking
10-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Lol so you can still make the leader boards

Kraze
10-04-2011, 06:28 PM
The funny thing about this is your kill numbers don't go up, but your death does... Oo
As they should if your locking xp the goal should be scale farming not racking up easy kills. But hey that's just my two plat

Cytokinesis
10-04-2011, 06:29 PM
You can collect kills at level 61 get to grinding and racking up those kills
i dont think anyone will just lvl up to 61 just to get kills

StompArtist
10-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Yep kills low level kill farming for some of us :(

Kraze
10-04-2011, 06:35 PM
Yep kills low level kill farming for some of us :(
But you can still farm at cap there is always that one easy level to farm at

Gluttony
10-04-2011, 06:36 PM
No offense bro, but the rage over this issue was fierce and is long dead. Players dealt with it but STS made an official statement saying in the end the preservation of the leaderboards was more important that any level one twink movement. I'm sorry you're just hearing about it now but the change seems permanent.

apocketlegend
10-04-2011, 06:38 PM
O wow goodness gracious I Knew about this!

Haowesie
10-04-2011, 06:42 PM
As they should if your locking xp the goal should be scale farming not racking up easy kills. But hey that's just my two plat

The difficulty factor for scale farming for a L51 at sewers or L56 at nuri is still the same. Just like you don't get xp and kill numbers at lower levels because those are "easy kills", but not when you're on the same level. It's like saying your kill never happened at your level, but your death does... I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying the kill numbers reflect the time invested when you're in the dungeon playing whether it be farming or not, it doesn't make it any easier -- but the decision to move up the levels fall under a different category IMHO.

If it's dead, it's dead... I'm just saying :)

StompArtist
10-04-2011, 06:43 PM
But you can still farm at cap there is always that one easy level to farm at

I know... don't really want to reopen this debate.

Diodge
10-04-2011, 08:29 PM
I know... don't really want to reopen this debate.
I do....!!! They might of said it is here to stay. but STS lets us come here to the forums to share ideas of change. I know I have seen many ideas put into the game from players.
Nothing in these games are set in stone.

If you come here and it is 5pages of rage. They wont bother wasteing there time.

If it is 2pages of some great ideas. They will take the time to read it, throw it on the table at a meeting, and make the change if they can.

I would like to see it looked at again. I love getting kills for low level farming. In the past I loved my level 10 that could tank and kill fast. I would join random groups and help the new players. I know people enjoyed haveing someone who could show them a little of the game and help them out with some runs. Im the type of person who has to see something in return for my work. I enjoy getting tells like OMG 14,000 kills on a level 10.. " r u crazy". I might be crazy but I helped answer questions or put gear on someone. My reward kills.
The low level farming to me is just not worth it any more. I get a nice drop and some gold. There is nothing to say look what I did.

My idea,.,.,.
I think there should be a xp off leader board and a line added to our k/d profile.
"xp off kill leader boards, xp off kills, "

StompArtist
10-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Great idea...

TANKKAAR
10-04-2011, 08:39 PM
I see that Sam gave you you "Thanks" button back Stomp...lol.. Gratz!

thewolf
10-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Wow lol

apocketlegend
10-04-2011, 08:50 PM
I totally agree let's create ideas.

StompArtist
10-04-2011, 08:54 PM
I see that Sam gave you you "Thanks" button back Stomp...lol.. Gratz!

Apparently limited to 5 thanks a day. :(

LMAO!

Whirlzap
10-04-2011, 10:48 PM
I didn't know until I just found out that I you disable Xp gain, you can't gain kills........ Why te ECM is this rule in tact? And I made this bear for just that purpose, kills. I can't belive it. Also I accedenyiallh bought the same set two times in a row wanting a different color of Plat armor. Wow why STS?
Have you been hiding under a rock the last month or so?
Get with the program! Besides, 1.6k kills isn't much.
I've spent countless hours with a pink level 10 launcher, that costs 900k you know?, farming kills up to 9.5k on my twink specifically made for KD. And did I complain? No, I simply shrugged and said, "Rofl STS is Rofl STS," and sold my gear.
Twink flushed down the toilet, just like that.
Get on with life. And a lesson to all,
"THIS IS A GAME"

pastrychef
10-05-2011, 01:58 AM
The difficulty factor for scale farming for a L51 at sewers or L56 at nuri is still the same. Just like you don't get xp and kill numbers at lower levels because those are "easy kills", but not when you're on the same level.

I think getting kills in Nuri's is harder than in Sewers.

pastrychef
10-05-2011, 02:04 AM
I would like to see it looked at again. I love getting kills for low level farming. In the past I loved my level 10 that could tank and kill fast. I would join random groups and help the new players. I know people enjoyed haveing someone who could show them a little of the game and help them out with some runs. Im the type of person who has to see something in return for my work. I enjoy getting tells like OMG 14,000 kills on a level 10.. " r u crazy". I might be crazy but I helped answer questions or put gear on someone. My reward kills.
The low level farming to me is just not worth it any more. I get a nice drop and some gold. There is nothing to say look what I did.

My idea,.,.,.
I think there should be a xp off leader board and a line added to our k/d profile.
"xp off kill leader boards, xp off kills, "

You can still join random games and help people as a level 61 player and, by the time you reach level 61, I'd imaging you should have far more than just 14,000 kills and be considered even crazier.

I don't understand your idea. Please explain.

KingFu
10-05-2011, 02:07 AM
I totally agree let's create ideas.

Many people including gluttony and I have come up with ideas that allow them both to work, the change is permanent, and although I'm still very annoyed with this decision, it's here to stay:/

Fatpigwarrior
10-05-2011, 02:15 AM
I don't like the idea but we gott live with it I guess...

Diodge
10-05-2011, 02:50 AM
You can still join random games and help people as a level 61 player and, by the time you reach level 61, I'd imaging you should have far more than just 14,000 kills and be considered even crazier.

I don't understand your idea. Please explain.
I have a low 27,000 and just turned 60 on my main....We will leave my alts out of it.

I dont power level. What can you teach someone when you run threw one shot killing?

I use my lvl10 and join in. I can stop and give hints. I could help them learn the play style of there class.
If someone thought I was giveing bad info. They could look and see I have played a few games.

I will farm and help with no kills. The kills add a little more bling to show off.

pastrychef
10-05-2011, 03:59 AM
Ah. I understand now... It's true, you won't be able to demonstrate moves with a 60 character on a level 10 map. No real need to pad your kill numbers if you just want to instruct, though.

Whirlzap
10-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Have you been hiding under a rock the last month or so?
Get with the program! Besides, 1.6k kills isn't much.
I've spent countless hours with a pink level 10 launcher, that costs 900k you know?, farming kills up to 9.5k on my twink specifically made for KD. And did I complain? No, I simply shrugged and said, "Rofl STS is Rofl STS," and sold my gear.
Twink flushed down the toilet, just like that.
Get on with life. And a lesson to all,
"THIS IS A GAME"
Wow, I thought Down-Rep button got removed.
Anyways, to whoever is concerned, this isn't a useless flame post.
This is simply telling the truth, more people, like QueenofCakes have spent way more time than you farming kills.
Just read the forums more often and you'll know why this change was made. Last of all, get with the program, CowboyVIP, it doesn't help to post about something that probably will never change.

apocketlegend
10-05-2011, 08:54 PM
Lol whirls thanks for crashing my thread.... Anyways I have a Lvl 27 Mage who farmed kills and I have 18k kills on him. Perfect gear and plenty of Plat for elixirs. I don't really know why you turned at me and said negative things. Yes I didn't realize this rule was intact because I was busy leveling my other characters. So please quit flaming.

Flickz
10-05-2011, 08:55 PM
I thought this guy was for holiday farming, not kill farming lol