PDA

View Full Version : XP allocation...

fluffysquid
10-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Ok so I've noticed that you only get xp at a enemy's death if you physically contributed to it. I understand the logic to this being the case, but at the same time, if I'm doing an xp run I'm logically gonna try to attack each and EVERY enemy at least once in order to maximize the experience I gain for the run. If a party takes on a mob together I think it stands to reason that every party member should get xp for each enemy killed. That way each member will focus on killing the mob together not on maximizing xp.

I personally know that as an engineer I spend less time healing the group and more time selecting each consecutive enemy. We could all play better if the focus was on teamwork and I think blanket xp'ing would serve that goal

Not sure if that made any sense...

~~~main character~~~
Chadrang level 30 engineer

sent from my nexus s through tapatalk

Gluttony
10-04-2011, 06:22 PM
I'm not sure I understood, you're saying I only get xp if I attack an enemy at least once? I don't believe that to be true, every player gets xp if they're within the area of an enemie's death. So if I'm around the corner and you single handedly kill something/someone we both get xp no matter how much I contributed or not. There are plenty of players that are known as leeches, who basically try to look busy but don't help out at all. This is only effective because they're aware they'll get xp for just hanging around. Next time you want to test this theory try not attacking anything, just view the party work, check the enemies left counter and when it drops see if any xp floats above your head.

Edit: I wonder if you got your information about how kills works mixed into xp. A kill only goes to te player who physically caused the enemy's death. No half credit, no who did the most damage, but only the player who is responsible for removing the very last point of hp gets all the credit.

Conradin
10-04-2011, 06:26 PM
You automatically get xp if you are in the vicinity

Kraze
10-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Thats how xp works in games like phantasy star but not here

fluffysquid
10-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Ok that's very possible. My research was not in any way scientific. Probably just my mistake

~~~main character~~~
Chadrang level 30 engineer

sent from my nexus s through tapatalk

Hullukko
10-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Ok that's very possible. My research was not in any way scientific. Probably just my mistake

That's Conradin and Gluttony correcting your misconception. Very little need for the "probably". :-)

But to the point of this post. The two mechanisms are very good example of misplaced player reward/punish mechanism.

The need-to-cause-damage-for-xp affects all players and spurs those wanting to be good to play improperly. It may take away leeching but it wrecks havoc to the common case aswell.

The STS approach "just be in the vicinity" allows leeching, but more importantly allows a good willing team to play the best game together that they can and everybody is rewarded for it. Superior by far!

(Another good example is "piracy is stealing" unskippable intros on dvds that those that bought the dvd have to watch and those that didn't never get to suffer that crap)

octavos
10-05-2011, 09:50 AM
I think what your trying to say, from what i read, is (one kill-one XP....3x elix one kill....3xp) (would love this implemented anyway lol)
As STS releases new updates, more xp is given for kills. look at Pocket legends. Nuri circus gives tons of xp because the level to reach 60 is so much higher. 100k for 61 O.O

Edit...I seeeeeeee. oops. Never mind my comment lol

Gazroast
10-05-2011, 10:39 AM
Fail. Close this thread.

digilaz
10-06-2011, 12:31 AM
Lvl 13 Eng
0 kills

Explain much?

Cahaun
10-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Lvl 13 Eng
0 kills

Explain much?
You leecher! Jk lol :)

Silentarrow
10-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Fail. Close this thread.

I don't think this is a "fail" at all. He just made a honest mistake.