PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4S, not 5.

Ellyidol
10-04-2011, 06:58 PM
http://www.apple.com/iphone/
(http://www.apple.com/iphone/)
Comes with virtual girlfriend, Siri, too.

Are you upgrading? Staying with iPhone 4? :)

Cytokinesis
10-04-2011, 07:02 PM
yes, just for the virtual girlfriend ;)

Moogerfooger
10-04-2011, 07:04 PM
I will buy your old iPhone 4 for $100 of Elly's money, if there are any takers out there.

KingFu
10-04-2011, 07:14 PM
No 4G:/ They bumped the processor up to an A5 Dual Core, but that doesn't make up for the lack of 4G IMO...

TANKKAAR
10-04-2011, 07:35 PM
I was so looking forward to the iPhone 5.... Not a mildly upgraded version of the iPhone 4 :-/ I think it's a bad idea to buy this model because you know right after Xmas they will roll out the IPhone 5. As cunsumers if we were to stop purchasing these mediocre in-between models, maybe companys & manufactures will start raising the bar more then a half notch with every upgrade.

Kraze
10-04-2011, 07:42 PM
I was so looking forward to the iPhone 5.... Not a mildly upgraded version of the iPhone 4 :-/ I think it's a bad idea to buy this model because you know right after Xmas they will roll out the IPhone 5. As cunsumers if we were to stop purchasing these mediocre in-between models, maybe companys & manufactures will start raising the bar more then a half notch with every upgrade.
Hit the nail on the head this screams "ZOMG WE NEED A NEW PRODUCT FOR CHRISTMAS SO JUST PUT ANYTHING OUT" Eh I'm not due for an upgrade till May anyhow.

Zeus
10-04-2011, 07:43 PM
There is no way I'm upgrading. I'm not that much of an Apple Fanboy. This seriously angered me. They take so long to release it, then it is a half baked phone with the same faulty design and faster specs? Nty. iPhone 4 for me.

Otukura
10-04-2011, 07:43 PM
And new androids just keep being released!

Nourish
10-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Gimme my friggin iPhone 5! :P

Ayc2000
10-04-2011, 07:50 PM
ughhhhh...i wanted to have an iphone 5!!!!!
/annoyed!!!

KingFu
10-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Only difference I see other than the camera is an A5 dual core chip in it, and Siri. They also added a notifications bar, which is almost identical to androids -.- They seem to like making a new model, releasing the same model later with some new features, then releasing another new model.

Kraze
10-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Only difference I see other than the camera is an A5 dual core chip in it, and Siri. They also added a notifications bar, which is almost identical to androids -.- They seem to like making a new model, releasing the same model later with some new features, then releasing another new model.
It's good business cash in twice then spend the money on r/d and a new product

Ellyidol
10-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Yeah, Siri is the only thing I really want. Sucks that it's exclusive to iPhone 4S, but can't blame them either, 4S is just like 4 with a better camera and a better processor, not worth to upgrade for, IMO.

iPhone 4 for me too :)

SUPAPRODIGY
10-04-2011, 08:09 PM
I think we need to hit apple in the top of th head Iphone4S is a complete waste of money just release iphone 5 come on Hopefully google buys them out.

Zeus
10-04-2011, 08:26 PM
I think we need to hit apple in the top of th head Iphone4S is a complete waste of money just release iphone 5 come on Hopefully google buys them out.

That made me lol. Not even Google can buy out Apple currently. Apple's marketshare value surpassed Microsoft. They may even be worth a net share of 300 Billion + now. I haven't checked in a while.

WhoIsThis
10-04-2011, 08:39 PM

This isn't intended for informed customers. This is intended for fan boys (and fan girls).

It's an incremental upgrade.

Don't let the megapixels on that camera fool you either:
http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2011/09/leaked-photo-suggest-the-iphone-5-camera-wont-be-much-of-an-upgrade.ars

Edit:
Truth be told, this shouldn't have come as a surprise to anybody except the fanboys. All of the hype created by the media was just that - hype.

Consider the upgrade from Apple 3G to 3GS. This is comparable. Better specs, but no fundamental redesign.

PatsoeGamer
10-05-2011, 07:30 AM
That made me lol. Not even Google can buy out Apple currently. Apple's marketshare value surpassed Microsoft. They may even be worth a net share of 300 Billion + now. I haven't checked in a while.

I reckon we buy them out ourselves, surely if we all chip in we have enough gold in our stash! ;)

RedRyder
10-05-2011, 07:38 AM
id like to, but id be paying 3 times as much as id like to... being that ive only had my iphone4 since april, i shouldnt be eligible for an early upgrade even... i could cry. my mother on the other hand, has had her 3GS since release and has yet to upgrade. her contract is actually over now lol, so she'll have the 4S :( im so jealoussssssss!

ive come up with a master plan though...... *snickers while rubbing both hands together maniacally*
i could offer her my iphone, get her to upgrade (id give her the money of course,) and swap sims :D

an obstacle getting in the way of my ingenious plan is her stupid friends trying to convince her to get a droid ------_____________-------

mike1298
10-05-2011, 07:40 AM
GO Android! ;)

Zaltiar
10-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Only if the virtual girlfriend makes sandwiches.

Barrington
10-05-2011, 08:37 AM
if apple continue there trend of releases iphone 5 will be out about august 2012

JaytB
10-05-2011, 08:44 AM
I was so ready to buy an iPhone 5. Not going to spend my hard earned dough on a minor upgrade. Siri seems cool and all, but as long as it can't be used in my own language, it's not that interesting to me. And, I wonder how well it really works. I'll be holding on to my trusty iPhone 4 until there's something really worth upgrading.

RedRyder
10-05-2011, 10:11 AM
I was so ready to buy an iPhone 5. Not going to spend my hard earned dough on a minor upgrade. Siri seems cool and all, but as long as it can't be used in my own language, it's not that interesting to me. And, I wonder how well it really works. I'll be holding on to my trusty iPhone 4 until there's something really worth upgrading.

Yea man, now that you mention it, it's not worth the beans just for siri. iOS 5 will be free and it'll suffice enough :)
Couple that with a iOS 5 JB for my SBsettings and Bigify (the standard iOS icon sizes irk me -__-) and I'll be set till the 5 is out, which by then I'll be more than eligible for upgrade.

Stick with your 4's guys!

PatsoeGamer
10-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Siri seems cool and all, but as long as it can't be used in my own language, it's not that interesting to me. And, I wonder how well it really works.

Hearing a lot of www noise on Siri, not good apparently after you speak to Siri, you then have to listen back to her to check it's ok before you confirm and then it gets added in - not good! If I'm sitting infront of my laptop I wouldnt waste my time on that when I can just punch it in myself and it automatically sync... I mean siriously..!? Lol