PDA

View Full Version : Offical Alien Oasis 2 Feedback Thread

Samhayne
06-29-2010, 01:40 PM
Please use this thread to provide your feedback about Alien Oasis, Part Two.

Please only comment from your actual play experience, thank you!

Druc
06-29-2010, 01:43 PM
Just posted on Futumshs update post..will do it again here as it's feedback...

Yeah the lesser d'jinn's seem to be dropping loot to random people and not all, I have a feeling they are not a true 'boss' tho as they are scattered everywhere...sort of like the ice trolls/etc. Not to bad but we will maybe want some clarification as people might start noticing and doing the "WTF, no drop"....

Played though the first 3 levels so far on a second lunch break and looks awesome so far, love the monkey-looking mummies :DSo far have seen 1 level 41 pink staff drop and 1 level 43 blue bow so not so terrible loot drop rate..but I can see some people complaining in the near future as well..

and...FIRST!

Addihul
06-29-2010, 02:41 PM
Not at all impressed with the drop rates. I believe changing the drop rate from AO last week wasn't a good idea. You won't see anyone but just a few people walking around with full sets of new stuff even in 2-3 weeks time.

However I LOVE the fact that the mobs are on par with Skeller mobs. It no longer takes as long to kill mobs once you reach AO2 map 2. I was dreading AO2 for the fact that leveling up was going to be horridly slow if it was on par with AO1 kill times. Well done on that front.

Maps are obviously just tweaked crypt maps, but love the new graphics. The bosses are fun and I love the multiple boss rooms. Makes it much more challenging.

vulgarstrike
06-29-2010, 03:24 PM
ilove the fact that the drop rate is low. already picked up a couple pinks though. I don't really like the length of part 5, it takes forever to finish even with all power, def, and speed potions, and could be nearly impossible for the casual player due to the time constraints. Infact, played today to level 43, and was revisting 5, got bored, and quit. I can't say that's the best part of the map, and the aliens have poor backstory (check my post) but other than that, I gotta say I love the new update.

Elfche
06-29-2010, 03:27 PM
ok I am usually hard on you guys, but no matter how nice I want to be right now all I can say is 1 word... FAIL! I will elaborate in the survey

bmc85uk
06-29-2010, 03:38 PM
I've been on a few games and seen about 4 pinks drop so far, so from my experience the drop rate seems to be alright, but I'll see how it goes as I play more, gotta let my phone charge first :-)

Azrael
06-29-2010, 03:58 PM
I like being back in a dungeon with walls. So far just more of the same though. That blacked out avian who talks to you seems pretty meaningless. I like the new drop rate a lot. I guess i'm happy with it, but i know my expectations have been drastically lowered over the last month.

Not at all impressed with the drop rates. I believe changing the drop rate from AO last week wasn't a good idea. You won't see anyone but just a few people walking around with full sets of new stuff even in 2-3 weeks time.

However I LOVE the fact that the mobs are on par with Skeller mobs. It no longer takes as long to kill mobs once you reach AO2 map 2. I was dreading AO2 for the fact that leveling up was going to be horridly slow if it was on par with AO1 kill times. Well done on that front.

So what you are saying is you want a game that is mind numbingly easy and is beaten in about a day.

Prest87
06-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Better drop rates needed!!!!!!! But other wise great work devs!

Kingofthebear
06-29-2010, 04:33 PM
I loved the unexpected NPC in part 5. Nice touch.

Tullen666
06-29-2010, 04:34 PM
I loved the unexpected NPC in part 5. Nice touch.

Me too. Is this hinting at being beamed upto a prison star or something in part 3? Being taken away from alterra to a far away star? Who knows :D

v5point0
06-29-2010, 04:52 PM
First play through, one purple, dozens of greens and lots of orange and more whites and a few grey. Saw another dude with 2 pink drops, one of them an Alien Blaster - Woot!

The aliens sound and look kinda funny :) but its all good.

More play through expected some where down the road but leveling up is slow - I only gained one level 40 to 41 in 5 stages!

Furrawn
06-29-2010, 05:06 PM
I LOVE AO2.
I love the maps- brutal & intense but omg so much fun! Love the bosses stacked in a room.
The little blue aliens are adorable & fun- we need blue alien PL tshirts;)
I LOVE that the mobs are hard to kill. Teamwork is essential. A bad team would have trouble w this campaign:)
Love it! Devs thank you so much!

My only negative- I don't like the drop rates. Only two pinks dropped in an entire AO2 campaign. I don't expect to get one each level... But at the end of the campaign, I guess I expect one pink or one purple to have dropped for me somewhere... If a very select few gamers want it to be so impossible to get pinks, can't you make a map just for them that requires 12 wks of playing to get a single pink? :) lol or better yet, seriously, introduce a new color and give it unbelievably rare drop rates.

But, the campaign is wonderful! Thank you so much!
It's easy to see how much work you guys put into it! Thank you! :)
If this had cost 15P, I'd have no problem paying it - it's easily worth it...
Great job!!!!

vulgarstrike
06-29-2010, 05:11 PM
nonononono. this is where you are all wrong. I love the drop rates. the drop rates allow for the separation of players. the most hardcore ones will have the best equip and players, naturally. by utilizing a low drop rate, value goes up, people play more, pinks become something people actually want. keep the drop rate, or lower it even more please. I think it should truly be that pinks are uncommon and regular people have to settle with orange and green items, while the casual gamer plays with whites, and more hardcore have purples while only the elite have pinks. this is how it should progress. that, in the end will provide ultimate satisfaction.

Esus
06-29-2010, 05:18 PM
The drop rate is the biggest fail. No matter what the hardcore players want, everytime you decide to go with their opinions about lowering the drop rates for pinks, you literally are turning your backs on the casual player base and flipping them the bird.

And for you hardcore players who demand that the droprates be even lower, shut up and go outside and get a FN life or make some REAL friends or get a real girlfriend that isn't your left hand and your computer.

flaimdude
06-29-2010, 05:20 PM
nonononono. this is where you are all wrong. I love the drop rates. the drop rates allow for the separation of players. the most hardcore ones will have the best equip and players, naturally. by utilizing a low drop rate, value goes up, people play more, pinks become something people actually want. keep the drop rate, or lower it even more please. I think it should truly be that pinks are uncommon and regular people have to settle with orange and green items, while the casual gamer plays with whites, and more hardcore have purples while only the elite have pinks. this is how it should progress. that, in the end will provide ultimate satisfaction.

This. Pinks, if they really are legendary, SHOULD be legendary. It's not like you need a full set of pinks to beat mobs, etc.

Pvp King
06-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Better drop rates needed!!!!!!! But other wise great work devs!

same for me. don't feel like farming for an hour and geting 1 pink out of a set. id rather be off pvping then farming anyways. but other wise great work.

Furrawn
06-29-2010, 05:27 PM

If they lower it more, I'll just stop playing. I play one to two hours a night... Except at times like this when a wonderful new campaign comes out:) I disagree with your definition of what makes a player casual. I think it's horribly unfair to have to play 5 hrs a night instead of one or two in order to get gear that is needed to play more effectively. Yes, I play effectively- I just played w Trogz- ask him if I was effective - and that's w lvl 35 gear because AO never gave me the right pinks for my paladin.

Sorry to post this here... I'm not sure it belongs... But I had to respond...

Despite my apparent cringeworthy casual regular non-elite gamer status, I love this game...

vulgarstrike
06-29-2010, 06:49 PM
And for you hardcore players who demand that the droprates be even lower, shut up and go outside and get a FN life or make some REAL friends or get a real girlfriend that isn't your left hand and your computer.

and yet I manage to have straight As, good friends, no girlfriend(was a cheating rhymes with s''more), and I can still play an hour a day. how? well simple. I'm hardcore, and i focus on my task at hand.

it seems you mad cuz you can't.

Banned
06-29-2010, 07:01 PM
No daggers? I'm starting to get extremely frustrated by the fact that I still have to use level 35 weapons on BOTH my characters (dagger and wand). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Other then that, great expansion, excluding the drop rates (it's been talked about enough already). The enemy variety is great, and I love the pyramid setting. Also, the gear stats and design, GREAT. And I'm loving the gear variety, that's how AO1 should have been.

King Richie
06-29-2010, 07:48 PM
I think you have again made a fantastic addition to the game !!

You have not only made it look great but the drops look amazing aswell ! well the ones i have seen anyway =) also i love the Ghost in part 5 guessing he will be a quest starter in 1.3. Last but not least keep it up !!

Luv yhoooo !

Azrael
06-29-2010, 07:52 PM
No two handers so far either.

And Esus... Chill out. Not only are you wrong... but the devs have casual players in mind 90% of the time. Pinks are pinks for a reason. they are supposed to be rare. If you want to be casual, deal with purples. What you want forces everyone to be casual, rather than let people choose. Not only that, but you want players to be done with the expansion in a matter of hours. You are clearly annoyed, but the drop rate is just fine.

If you don't want to play a lot, then you should be happy with the a pink or two, buying a pink if you need it, or playing with purples. There is a reason purples are in the game. Its for people who didn't grind enough to find the pink. They are still good, but they aren't legendary. I can't understand why people think they should be able to find all the gear they want playing 1-2 hours a day in less than a week. We PAY for these expansion... we want them to LAST MORE THAN A DAY.

bmc85uk
06-29-2010, 08:32 PM
Completely agree with Azrael, I think for once droprates are really on the mark, if everyone's gonna settle for nothing but pinks, then delete EVERY other grade from the game, make more gold drop and we'll all have a real fun time playing.

It's gonna take me a long while to get my setup (2-3 weeks I reckon), I want it NOW! But I'm so content in the knowledge that it WILL come eventually (unlike the now redundant AO1 droprates and the appauling early campaign ones), and the more I play the sooner that will be :-)

tjornan
06-29-2010, 08:34 PM
I liked the swamps. where some bosses actually dropped pinks. now its just that L'ROXXXX guy and hes at the end of the maze..... so ya. but its all cool. cuz im a hardcore player

Furrawn
06-29-2010, 09:54 PM
This is a massive oversimplification. NOBODY said anything about thinking pinks should be handed out like candy. Yes, the more you play, the more you'll get good gear-MAYBE. The drops are inconsistent. If campaigns can be played for HOURS and someone doesn't even walk away with a purple then I think the drop rate is too low. Or more likely, it's inconsistent. I don't want anything handed to me. Gear matters. Period. And pinks are viewed as more than gear- they are part of the reward of being a good player...and playing pretty much daily... And of buying the new campaigns the hour they come out. I do not and have never espoused that pinks be EASY to get. Skeller is not fun as far as gear goes- it's much too easy. Ah- but now I'm sure i'm being judged for buying Skeller. Go ahead. It was a new set of maps. And support for the devs. So- I purchased it. As for PL general, there are probably a lot of us non-elite that play daily. I daresay we are important to the game. I keep hearing all that matters are the hardcore players. And the definition of hardcore is VERY severe. I doubt that the majority of us players are putting in more than a couple of hours a day. I'm tired of feeling looked down upon:( It is my game as much as anyone else's. I have the right to my opinion as a consistent player of this game. So does Esus. So does Azrael. Maybe we disagree, fine. But don't lambast me as just being a casual player as if it's a dirty word and as if it means that I expect and want things easy. I don't. I resent all the grandiose assumptions made that "non-elite" players don't want hard quests, etc. That's not true.
I didn't say that I want anything easy. But drops should be consistent. If I'd seen some of the drops some folks describe, my opinion would be that the drops are fine... But the drops I saw were much less than some have described in this thread. Regardless, my opinion is worth as much as any "Elite" members- and if it's not, I can leave. Though I suspect that the devs manage to eat because of all us non-elite players.

Devs- I apologize for writing this in a thread that should just be celebrating the truly fantastic AO2 campaign you've created...

I had to defend myself though.

tjornan
06-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Yes ill put it in a simpler form so u dont have to spend 30 minutes reading furrawns post.

If youre a hardcore player you get better equips. its that simple. we play more, so we shud get better stuff.

THE PINK DROP RATE IS GREAT! IF YOU DONT LIKE IT THEN PLAY MORE! BUT THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE! PINKS ARE RANDOM, ITS JUST HARDER CORE PLAYERS HAVE A BETTER CHANCE

Nouda
06-29-2010, 10:31 PM
8 hours later i have gotten 0 pinks and two purples :(

plus ive seen no new 2h swords that drop ingame not the platninum ones

map is nothing new

still im hooked

Banned
06-29-2010, 10:52 PM
Alright, no pink dagger, wand, talon, or 2h in sight. What is going on? Is there no care for the players that use these weapons? Two campagins bought, and I'm still using level 35 weapons. I don't wanna hear, "Oh, it's going to be in AO3". No, we need the weapons NOW, not in a month, NOW. I shouldn't have to purchase 3 campaigns to have an upgrade in weaponry. And if that's not the case, then what is the reason for not adding in these weapons?

roguedubb
06-29-2010, 11:29 PM
Played all the way through AO2 today. I really liked the darkness and playing through each level the first time was great - lots of anticipation and wondering when we were going to stumble upon a boss or something that would really smack us around. The inside dungeons look great. Personally I think the aliens look hilarious and the alien boss names are great! Great work.

We had four or five pink drops over the entire AO2 content, which seems rare enough to make them truly valuable, yet still obtainable with persistence. I imagine the auction haus will help with the distribution of pinks - at the minute I know I am sitting on a large stash of pinks that I am sure some people would want, but sitting around in towne trying to sell stuff yields little return especially when I could solo and make about 1k per 5min.

In a decently geared group I'm still yet to encounter a fight that requires a tank. Are there going to be any harder encounters? Or is the idea to cut back on the pink drops so that people can't gear up so quickly and thus the encounters remain challenging for a longer period?

maneut
06-29-2010, 11:39 PM
I think the drop rate is fine as it is now. As in any other MMO game, it's impossible to please everyone :) But in the end, we all learn to live with it. The important thing is that, at the end of the day, it's a Game! So just enjoy it and make friends, be merry and have some fun :) Peace!

Now if only Time can fly faster so I can go home and play!

Furrawn
06-29-2010, 11:49 PM
Yes ill put it in a simpler form so u dont have to spend 30 minutes reading furrawns post.

If youre a hardcore player you get better equips. its that simple. we play more, so we shud get better stuff.

THE PINK DROP RATE IS GREAT! IF YOU DONT LIKE IT THEN PLAY MORE! BUT THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE! PINKS ARE RANDOM, ITS JUST HARDER CORE PLAYERS HAVE A BETTER CHANCE

The above is NOT the gist of my post.

And TJ? You are being disrespectful and dismissing to me. I don't treat you that way.
Plenty of people leave lengthy posts, but you are dismissive of mine because you disagree with it. That's not helpful to anyone. I don't act like what you say doesn't matter- whether I agree with it or not. Everyone in this game should get respect and consideration as long as they bring the same to the table.

When all is said & done, I don't think loot drop rates are the problem. I think the problem is the drop rate is inconsistent. Because of that, people can conceivably play for hours & never get a single pink. That and maybe the pink drops shouldn't all only happen in level 6 unless the devs only want people to play in level 6.

Royce
06-30-2010, 06:53 AM
I love the new maps, especially the indoor ones. The drop rate seems about perfect. My only major issue so far is the lack of legendaries for certain item types. I hope that can be fixed in a patch like was done in the swamps, rather than waiting for AO3. The common mobs are a bit to hearty in the later pyramids. I was in a 3 player party, and it was just taking us forever to slog through each hallway until we finally decided to chug some damage elixers. I don't want the game to be easy, but it's not that these mobs are hard. They had no chance of killing us. It just took us forever to cut through them, to the point where it was somewhat humorous, but anyway that's a minor issue.

Necro
06-30-2010, 07:15 AM
AO2 is fantastic. Low drop is good. Maps is cool. I like more boss like Seth. Thanks very much.

v5point0
07-01-2010, 09:19 PM
I like the drop rates! :) Please stick to this