PDA

View Full Version : Drop rate increase

slamm3dsoc13ty
02-06-2017, 10:07 AM
alright so these new armors and helms in game are the best items to add with the warlords overband and gives you an even bigger speed boost in PVE. These drops for any items now after the update for loot that has to physically be picked up. The drop rates have extremely decreased to even get an elite. This even includes the fact that the loot table is so big its hard to even get any type of loot worth any cash. People farm for 4-8hrs for the new helm and armors and dont even see an elite. When people do see an elite at all "IF" it drops is very rare because you have to kill the main bosses in specific maps. I, myself have been farming for 4 days straight for Darzac armor or even Mantex armor for atleast 4-6hrs everyday and ive seen 2 elites in those 4 days. These drop rates NEED to be increased slightly.

You could aslo just make an elite map into L80 engdamge maps that only drop crafting items and pinks that you would need to craft DEREX, STRAX and INTEX. This would be so much easier then having to run these current maps even with the speed boost it takes time and with these drop rates its hard to get. Also adding these to the vendor would make everyone a little bit happier and it also has been making STS the $ to keep the updates coming.

Leave you comments below.

Ruby!!!
02-06-2017, 10:35 AM
Back in sewer days you would have been considered a lucky charm witnessing two pinks in just 20 hours ;)

IMO selling endgame gear in store would be perfectly fine as there is little difference between dumping 2000 plat in elixirs to "farm" and buying the super ultra uber elite set for 2k

slamm3dsoc13ty
02-06-2017, 04:18 PM
the problem with from sewer days is the drop tables are very different in size. there arent that many pinks during sewers and specific bosses dropped on 5-6 items per boss. Here we have one specific map dropping the armor or helm and yet u have all the other elites mixed in. The fact also that during sewers u didnt have elite is another factor because u have pinks along with elites.you dont even get many pinks anymore. the drop rates need to increase or make them craftable with say a pink+magor+zam cyber armor with a crafting material that is also need with it.

Congeniality
02-06-2017, 04:51 PM
the super ultra uber elite set

Super Duper Uber Scoober Noober Cuber Ultra Eat Pete Seat Elite Delete Set!

Bous
02-06-2017, 07:56 PM
yeah. the drop rates are ridiculously low. ive farmed almost 2 of each l80 item. warband and armors are extremely rare. havent even seen an armor drop. spent over 3k plat farming recently. and its almost impossible to get armor drops. i wish they would just release it for platinum so i can buy a set.

Ruby!!!
02-07-2017, 12:45 AM
the problem with from sewer days is the drop tables are very different in size. there arent that many pinks during sewers and specific bosses dropped on 5-6 items per boss. Here we have one specific map dropping the armor or helm and yet u have all the other elites mixed in. The fact also that during sewers u didnt have elite is another factor because u have pinks along with elites.you dont even get many pinks anymore. the drop rates need to increase or make them craftable with say a pink+magor+zam cyber armor with a crafting material that is also need with it.
I didn't mean drop table wise I meant more of a 'how times have changed' wondering
That it seems to me the general idea (not only your post also other posts and ppl I meet in game) of players now is 'they release new top end items and within a few days I'll get my sets when I spend a lot of plat'
Back then only few PvPers spent a serious amount of plat to buy just released gear to have the edge for a week
Guess there's more PvP superstars now ;)

This isn't meant to say anything against your suggestion just old pl hag thoughts :)

I don't do endgame but as I said I would just make it all purchasable for plat
I think Attackelf suggested that already when elixirs took over back then the thought alienated me but by now I think it would be a better solution than just the next farming elixir in shop

Super Duper Uber Scoober Noober Cuber Ultra Eat Pete Seat Elite Delete Set!
If that set would exit I'd make an endgame toon :)

Blyzzor
02-07-2017, 03:37 AM
Yeah lets sell gear in store so pve is even more dead than it is :)

Ruby!!!
02-07-2017, 06:00 AM
Yeah lets sell gear in store so pve is even more dead than it is :)
It can't be more dead than dead

All things pve could benefit from in long term are hard to do so it's never gonna happen
All these recent item additions are just short term incentives and won't make ppl hate pve any less

So let's focus on what works and that is endgame pvp
Sure PvPers complain a lot but they always do - you win you brag you lose you demand rebalance
And I am sure there is close to no one who would miss running that one map again and again and again while they could just buy a set and PvP