View Full Version : How do STS defend spams on forum?

LoveMadrid
10-04-2011, 11:32 PM
Hey guys,

I can't help but notice that STS forums have no spams .. can Guardians of alterra drop some hints on how to defend spams on forums ?

Thanks

RedRyder
10-05-2011, 12:09 AM
Guardians aren't any more knowledgeable than a well informed player that isn't a guardian.
The devs simply delete spam threads after someone reports them, or they notice it themselves.

McBain
10-05-2011, 12:36 AM
Yeah, there are moderators here that take care of things like that. See spam, delete spam...that's about all there is to it as far as I know. Requiring some sort of human confirmation entry (like captcha) on the forum registration page also helps to ensure that spambots can't register in order to post. I don't remember 100% if STS does this when you register, but they probably do.

LoveMadrid
10-05-2011, 12:37 AM
i always thought they have a special system to prevent it .. i donno ..

Ellyidol
10-05-2011, 12:40 AM
You mean the advertising spam bots? I think STS' forum, like most, has that human verification system in their registration. It prevents spam programs from just registering forum accounts to spam the forums.

But yeah, Red is right, GOAs really don't have anything special other than being able to close their own threads and a smexy avatar picture :D

Kraze
10-05-2011, 01:10 AM
Two popped up last Friday I sent reports and they were gone within minutes pretty efficient

Kakatoa91
10-05-2011, 01:49 AM
Yea I guess report works well. Did the same and bot forum spammers was cleaned rapidly.

Also guess this forum is small, so less attraction from potential spammers.