PDA

View Full Version : Aliens Are Technologically Challenged

vulgarstrike
06-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Aliens come to Alterra, in spaceships, or some sort of space travel.
Aliens manage to convince entire local population to fight for them, and probably 100s of thousands of these natives die every day from large animals that know magic and can wield weapons, yet still fight for aliens.
Aliens come to fight these animals, wielding the most technologically advanced stuff available, bows, swords, and occasionally fists.

Discuss.

tjornan
06-29-2010, 04:51 PM
ummmmmmmmm........ not much more i can say really

Furrawn
06-29-2010, 05:45 PM
Lol you know the feeling you get when you help a newbie and the lower levels are nothing? You can just stand there in a mob without fighting back and they can't hurt you? It's a good feeling (until it gets boring two seconds later lol) so maybe the aliens enjoy an archaic battle of fisticuffs w the lesser creatures:) lol

ed anger
06-29-2010, 06:40 PM
yeah, im hoping for ray guns and light sabers...

Banned
06-29-2010, 07:23 PM
I'm hoping for mother farking Laser Shiv of Thoth to drop soon, or I will be forced to destory this galaxy.

bmc85uk
06-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Oh banned, the first pink dagger I get you can have....but only if you do me a sexy bear dance

Banned
06-29-2010, 11:00 PM
Oh banned, the first pink dagger I get you can have....but only if you do me a sexy bear dance

I shall do said bear dance, and it shall be the sexiest in all the land.

Royce
06-30-2010, 06:41 AM
I heard that their advanced alien technology does not function under the earth's yellow sun.

Obliteration
06-30-2010, 06:43 AM
I heard that their advanced alien technology does not function under the earth's yellow sun.

Dumbest explanation possible... Stars are everywhere.

Royce
06-30-2010, 06:57 AM
Dumbest explanation possible... Stars are everywhere.

Yes, but not all stars are the same, there are many different spectral classes (colors). Anyway, tell it to whoever wrote superman, 'cause that's where I stole if from.

ratava
06-30-2010, 07:34 AM
Yes, but not all stars are the same, there are many different spectral classes (colors). Anyway, tell it to whoever wrote superman, 'cause that's where I stole if from.

Haha!

Perhaps they are like James Bond villains and like to give an infinite number of chances to escape some over-elaborate means of execution by not only holding back but also going on at length to explain a fundamental flaw that can be exploited in nic'oftime?!

Unsung
06-30-2010, 08:05 AM
yeah, im hoping for ray guns and light sabers...
If a light saber you seek young jedi, have hope. A pink Zuraz Plasma Sword I did loot last night.

65-69 damage, 0.9 spd, 9 str, 7 crit, 3 armor

Looks like the neon green, level 16 snotty sword but I'm hopeful we'll see more advanced alien tech with the last expansion in the trilogy.

FluffNStuff
06-30-2010, 10:47 AM
So i figure, they sent an alien scout team to scope us out a four thousand years ago and saw the Egyptians. This is why they based their assault forces on them to blend in. They saw that the ancient Egyptians have rocks and bronze spears as weapons, so they decided to bring shiny crossbows and steel blades. No reason going to advanced, they wanted to rule the people, not vaporize them, and Egyptians would be no match for their weapons. The problem was it took them two thousand years to get back to report, and it then took another two thousand years for the soldiers to get here. Since these aliens have been around for hundreds of millions of years, they are much more evolved, but this has caused them to misrepresent the passage of earth time. The 4000 years between the scout team and the attack felt like a couple days to them, so they had no reason to think earth civilization would have evolved 'in a blink of an Imhotep Eye'.