PDA

View Full Version : Phone stolen =(

themars
10-05-2011, 08:04 AM
hi all,

I didn't quit SL, Someone has stolen my phone a week ago so I couldn't play SL anymore. I already bought a new one but it will take some days before they will deliver it to my home. So for all the people who were asking where I was: I will be playing SL again when I have my new phone.

Miss ya all
Theseus

Ellyidol
10-05-2011, 08:05 AM
Sad news :(

For your account's security though:

If your account was pre-logged in to the phone, you might want to ask Support if they can ban your old device. Hope it's not too late.

Navygreen
10-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Yeah what Elly said. Not to mention, if you have any google accounts attached to the phone or any other accounts saved into the phone, you may want to go through and change all of your passwords. I've lost a couple phones in my day. Not a fun thing to go through. Sorry for your trouble.

MimeRifle
10-05-2011, 08:19 AM
Wow - you all beat me to the security tips. VERY good advice!! (sorry to hear it... that's a bummer)

themars
10-05-2011, 08:21 AM
thx, lucky I cleaned up my phone a few days ago so i dont think there are many passwords to be hacked.
One good thing though =)

BodMaster
10-05-2011, 08:32 AM
hi all,

I didn't quit SL, Someone has stolen my phone a week ago so I couldn't play SL anymore. I already bought a new one but it will take some days before they will deliver it to my home. So for all the people who were asking where I was: I will be playing SL again when I have my new phone.

Miss ya all
Theseus

That sux dude!!! Wondering where you been :'(

Elly's spot on as usual :)

Hope you havent missed me tooo much :D

Deathpunch
10-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Depending on your device, you may even be able to remote wipe. I would check into this. As an aside, if you can remote wipe, you may be able to gps track it as well, find where it is and contact the authorities.

BodMaster
10-05-2011, 08:37 AM
Depending on your device, you may even be able to remote wipe. I would check into this. As an aside, if you can remote wipe, you may be able to gps track it as well, find where it is and contact the authorities.

Nice one! Have this all set up on my Desire.. luckily not had to use it.. :p

themars
10-05-2011, 08:42 AM
I really suck at this things. I had a Desire but I didnt activate that functionallity cause I thought it wouldn't been stolen. But yeah will do it on my next one. And I missed ya Bod =(

BodMaster
10-05-2011, 08:45 AM
I really suck at this things. I had a Desire but I didnt activate that functionallity cause I thought it wouldn't been stolen. But yeah will do it on my next one. And I missed ya Bod =(

Awww missed you to bud <3

Only a few clicks and its all set up, give me or DP a PM or catch in game sure would be happy to go through it with you :D *Hopes DP agrees ha*

Deathpunch
10-05-2011, 08:49 AM
Nice one! Have this all set up on my Desire.. luckily not had to use it.. :p

Yep. One of the first things I did when I got my Evo 3D.

CanonicalKoi
10-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Oh, ouch! :( I'm sorry to hear that and a pox on whoever stole your phone. Good to hear you'll be back up and running soon, but....ow. :(

octavos
10-05-2011, 12:06 PM
Thats where you have been T, glad you got the phone thing situated.

Nick41324
10-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Dang... No phone AND no pocket legends... My heart goes out to you sir ;)

StompArtist
10-05-2011, 12:31 PM
First thing to do is call your bank if you where using mobile banking apps!!!

Cahaun
10-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Ouch! Keep calling the phone until the robber either goes insane or commits suicide. Or just returns the phone.

pigeon
10-05-2011, 11:39 PM
<3

:(

Tvis
10-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Sorry about the misfortune :( Hopefully everything turns out okay.

Phoenixking
10-05-2011, 11:43 PM
Lol cahuan cant he just steal stuff from phone erase everything on phone and thennsell it O.o

McBain
10-06-2011, 12:49 AM
That totally sucks. As mentioned above, some sort of device security is highly recommended. I have an app on my phone (Droid, but I'm sure iPhone apps can do the same) that allows you to remotely lock the phone down (not allow phone calls or apps to run) from any computer. It will also allow you to access the phone's GPS and see where your phone is, either to help locate the person who stole it or to help you realize that maybe you just lost it/forgot it someplace and it wasn't actually stolen. And that's just secondary security, because you should always have your phone password locked, making it virtually useless to anyone who doesn't know the password anyway. I just discovered that Android has a cool "gesture lock" feature that makes it a little quicker for you to unlock your own phone compared to a traditional password lock, and also seems more secure.

Of course, none of that will actually prevent anyone from stealing your phone, but at least you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that whoever stole it probably won't be able to do anything with it.

Kakatoa91
10-06-2011, 01:27 AM
And that's just secondary security, because you should always have your phone password locked, making it virtually useless to anyone who doesn't know the password anyway. I just discovered that Android has a cool "gesture lock" feature that makes it a little quicker for you to unlock your own phone compared to a traditional password lock, and also seems more secure.

Of course, none of that will actually prevent anyone from stealing your phone, but at least you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that whoever stole it probably won't be able to do anything with it.

If you talk about the pattern lock pass... its not fullproof aswell even password pass...

I had fun finding the different pass on my friends phones or collegues at work.
In the end of day, its even more easy.
yea greasy, sweaty hands on screen is bad lol.
Now they all clean their screens more often :D

McBain
10-06-2011, 03:00 AM
Really? Nothing is completely foolproof I suppose, but at least the gesture lock is easier for the phone owner. Rather than taking a few seconds to enter a pin every time you want to unlock your phone (which probably deters a lot of people from locking them at all), it's just a quick swipe.

At the very least, it will stall the thief for a bit while I log on my computer, lock the phone remotely, and track him or her down with the GPS.

themars
10-06-2011, 10:14 AM
it doesn't work when your sim card is removed from your phone. So the easiest way for me was buying a new one =)

themars
10-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Got my new phone ;-)

Acyer
10-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Got my new phone ;-)

Good hurry and log back on.

thewolf
10-07-2011, 10:35 PM
sorry to hear

thewolf
10-07-2011, 10:36 PM