PDA

View Full Version : Drawing tutorials! How to guides to drawing your favorite PL characters.

RedRyder
10-05-2011, 10:24 AM
I will be doing a series of tutorials toward the learning of creating favorite Pocket Legends creatures.
Here, ill be taking request for the lessons.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SUPER SPECIFIC REQUESTS
(I.e an enchantress eating an ice cream cone atop the eifel tower while wearing a fedora, or any character wearing specific items)

Examples of what to ask for:

Enchantress
Avian
Ursan
Galactic Overlord
King mynas
Etc.

These will be step by step tutorials complete with plenty of screen shots and corresponding instructions. The lessons will be done using the Sketchbook Pro app for iPad. I will be editing this first post with links to each guide, which will all be posted in the creative corner subsection of the pocket legends part of the forums.

PL chars. Only as the title reads

NoobianOfAlterra
10-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Silknight? One of most popular bosses after meathead, Goldfever and OL :)

RedRyder
10-05-2011, 11:36 AM
Awesome ideas ! I'll star your suggestions backwards :p look for the overlord coming today :)

Nick41324
10-05-2011, 11:38 AM
What about one of the newer maps, like nuri? Doesnt really matter which boss.
I do think king myan sounds pretty cool aswell! He always looked cool to me for whatever reason

BTW: I'll go to AO right now and get a good screen shot of king myans

RedRyder
10-05-2011, 11:39 AM
What about one of the newer maps, like nuri? Doesnt really matter which boss.
I do think king myan sounds pretty cool aswell! He always looked cool to me for whatever reason

As long as they follow my guidelines, anything goes my friend.

3xK
10-05-2011, 11:53 AM
Bear wearing the 30 plat armor you get when you buy the premium character with a lionhead.

Nick41324
10-05-2011, 11:58 AM
As long as they follow my guidelines, anything goes my friend.
ORRRRR..... we can wait for the Halloween festival and you can teach how to draw something off that.

RedRyder
10-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Bear wearing the 30 plat armor you get when you buy the premium character with a lionhead.

Ahem

PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SUPER SPECIFIC REQUESTS
(I.e an enchantress eating an ice cream cone atop the eifel tower while wearing a fedora, or any character wearing specific items)[/FONT]

ORRRRR..... we can wait for the Halloween festival and you can teach how to draw something off that.

Only if it's of bosses or minions. Nothing gear specific

StompArtist
10-05-2011, 12:23 PM
I would like a bear with a dunce hat sitting on top of the plasma pyramid while trying to figure out how to change the batteries in a force wing of the void while scratching his chin. I would also like the pyramid to be drawn showing every rock/brick used during it's construction. I would like the sky to be slightly overcast and the desert in the background to be perfectly similar to that picture of the sahara desert I saw the other day.

Thanks, I believe this fits within your rules since I have no mention of the Eiffel tower.

Seriously: I would like to see the tutorial but anything would do!

:D

RedRyder
10-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Lol stomp. Ok, so I decided to do a video tutorial for the galactic overlord. It's my first one, so it's not so great, and it's nearly 20 mins long. I'm editing it now

Tvis
10-05-2011, 04:09 PM
(I.e an enchantress eating an ice cream cone atop the eifel tower while wearing a fedora, or any character wearing specific items)

Want me to photoshop that for ya? :D

KingFu
10-05-2011, 05:32 PM
I wouldn't mind learning how to draw the strongman:p

RedRyder
10-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Just a sneak preview :) this is the end product to the tutorial:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/b2d7222e.jpg

Video will be up tomorrow, and a new one every Thursday from then on :)

nmyxspaceship
10-14-2011, 06:53 PM
How about vyxnaar?

Survivorfan
10-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Wait so u make it on sketch book then put in on paper?
Im confuzzled

RedRyder
10-16-2011, 07:03 AM
Wait so u make it on sketch book then put in on paper?
Im confuzzled

I tried to do it on Sb, but said screw it and made it a video instead of having to post numerous pics.
I recently got a lot of hours at work and I have school work to deal with on top of that, so this is going to be postponed till then.

BodMaster
10-16-2011, 07:11 AM
I tried to do it on Sb, but said screw it and made it a video instead of having to post numerous pics.
I recently got a lot of hours at work and I have school work to deal with on top of that, so this is going to be postponed till then.

Sure we all don't mind waiting for this :)

Matutd
10-16-2011, 07:33 AM

Want me to photoshop that for ya? :D

Yes plz :)