PDA

View Full Version : Pink Drop Rate

tjornan
06-29-2010, 04:36 PM
Ok so i know lots of ppl are complaing about the pink drop rate.

I dont like the rate. but i appreciate the challenge. Ill probably farm most of them anyway. who else appreciates them?

Flamin
06-29-2010, 04:47 PM
I don't know that much about the new pink drop rate, I still haven't caught up yet. But anyways.....
w00t w00t first reply.

Furrawn
06-29-2010, 04:58 PM
I don't appreciate it. Sorry.
I don't like it too easy...
But we had TWO pinks drop in the ENTIRE AO2 campaign...
I walked away with a couple of greens and trash. That's just not ok to me.
The drop rates are so low that I could play the campaign and hit lvl 45 (using no xp potions) and have no pinks...
Not a single one...

The prices for the pinks will go through the roof... But it's no fun playing and getting nothing. I don't want it to be easy but I don't like this drop rate at all.

It makes me unhappy:(. But, that's just my personal opinion:)
I'm glad you like it, TJ:) I'm sure I'm in the minority...

Esus
06-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Every time the devs nurf the pink drop rates, they are turning their backs on the casual players. All because the a$$hole hardcore players demand a lower drop rate because they claim it's "too easy to get good gear"... Why devs? Why have you guys been turning your backs on the casual players? Every time some douche claims the drop rates are to high, they claim that everyone will have the same gear set up. Who the F cares? This game WAS originaly made for the casual player before the lifeless, friendless, or jobless hardcore players demanded a lower drop rate. Now the only way one can get any good gear is by farming the bosses(farming is just the bosses is for losers and destroys the value of the game), or having to pay outragious gold for scraps. I know that the "hardcore" will flame me for this, but I seem to be the only person who is defending the game for casual players, as the general majority of people on the fourms are the so called hardcore players. I mean seariously, spending hours playing this game hoping for a pink drop is by far the worst aspect of the games, even the high selling prices for any pinks with a low drop rate is turning your backs and literally flipping the bird to the casual player. Enough said.

flaimdude
06-29-2010, 05:24 PM
Every time the devs nurf the pink drop rates, they are turning their backs on the casual players. All because the a$$hole hardcore players demand a lower drop rate because they claim it's "too easy to get good gear"... Why devs? Why have you guys been turning your backs on the casual players? Every time some douche claims the drop rates are to high, they claim that everyone will have the same gear set up. Who the F cares? This game WAS originaly made for the casual player before the lifeless, friendless, or jobless hardcore players demanded a lower drop rate. Now the only way one can get any good gear is by farming the bosses(farming is just the bosses is for losers and destroys the value of the game), or having to pay outragious gold for scraps. I know that the "hardcore" will flame me for this, but I seem to be the only person who is defending the game for casual players, as the general majority of people on the fourms are the so called hardcore players. I mean seariously, spending hours playing this game hoping for a pink drop is by far the worst aspect of the games, even the high selling prices for any pinks with a low drop rate is turning your backs and literally flipping the bird to the casual player. Enough said.

HEY IM RAGIN SO IMA RAGE IN EVERY DROP TOPIC I SEE.

:P

Also, here's something for everyone to think about: if there weren't epic (read: easy) drop rates before, would we even care about the drop rates now? The answer is no.

Jstizar
06-29-2010, 05:38 PM
I don't mind the drop rate, it makes a pink actually rare but i do think it is a little extreme now and i could see how people hate it. What i don't like is how people complain so much WHILE PLAYING about it after killing a boss. They should make the drop rate similar to how it was in the swamps.

Cascade
06-29-2010, 05:41 PM
Cool it guys...The devs can't please everyone....

bmc85uk
06-29-2010, 06:06 PM
As far as I'm concerned one playthrough of a campaign should give you a pink most of the time, otherwise they just aren't rare, alternatively, add a new grade of item - red maybe, and don't ever let the droprate climb high enough that casual players then expect this grade of item.

Smartress
06-29-2010, 06:17 PM
I think the drop rate suck!

While AO 1 dropped way too much, sometimes 3 pinks in one boss, by nerfting the drop rate 5 times, it is way too harsh.

Personally I think a rought estimate 1 pink every two/three bosses, is kind of fair.

That's main reason I don't play Swamp at all, just lvl through Skeller.

Also I think we should fix the certain items from the bosses, not randomise them.

bmc85uk
06-29-2010, 06:30 PM
1 pink every 2-3 bosses, that's the same as Skeller. Consider that each player has their own individual loot chance, with a full game, there are 5 chances an item will drop, on skeller at least one person gets a pink pretty much every time. I get maybe 3 pinks per playthrough on Skeller usually, that's about one every 4/5 bosses.

Don't forget that the Lesser D'jinn drop rate is higher than a trash mob but not as good as a normal boss.

I do agree that certain items should drop off certain bosses though, it helps the casual players to hunt down what they need.

ed anger
06-29-2010, 06:34 PM
i like it. gives me something to do for the next month. why is everyone expecting to be fully outfitted by the time they hit 45?

Smartress
06-29-2010, 06:39 PM
1 pink every 2-3 bosses, that's the same as Skeller. Consider that each player has their own individual loot chance, with a full game, there are 5 chances an item will drop, on skeller at least one person gets a pink pretty much every time. I get maybe 3 pinks per playthrough on Skeller usually, that's about one every 4/5 bosses.

Don't forget that the Lesser D'jinn drop rate is higher than a trash mob but not as good as a normal boss.

I do agree that certain items should drop off certain bosses though, it helps the casual players to hunt down what they need.

What I meant is 1 Pink for every 2-3 bosses among the 5 players not each player.

Azrael
06-29-2010, 07:59 PM

I've already responded to a few of your comments, so i'll just say your wrong as i explained why elsewhere.

Although specifically to this comment, there is no classic boss farming in A02 where you fight the first two bosses and restart the map. There are many bosses spread out deep within the maps. A02 doesn't have boss farming and its awesome. Also there are no high priced pink anymore cause it was so easy to find anything you needed in AO1, so honestly you are pulling that out of thin air. The drop rate is awesome right now. I'm seeing about 2-4 pinks per level on the last 3 levels. Thats what it should be.

Tell ya what, i got plenty of extra pinks, i'll give you some if it makes you feel better.

bmc85uk
06-29-2010, 08:09 PM
What I meant is 1 Pink for every 2-3 bosses among the 5 players not each player.

1 pink every 2 bosses is equal to a 10% droprate, 1 every 3 would then be 6.6 recurring, as far as im concerned 5-7 is ok as I've already explained here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3759-Uniform-droprate-for-bosses), although I think at the moment (excluding the Lesser D'Jinn mini bosses) it's probably a little lower than that.

Smartress
06-29-2010, 11:00 PM
I think the pink drop rate is way lowever than 5%, after the NERF.

I have done AO part 1, 5 The Great Pyramid after the NERF, with a party of 5, clear all bosses (5), 2/3 times in a roll without one single PINK drop.

What is probability of that happening (more likely than not after the nerf), assume Pink Drop Rate per Boss in 2%, non-pink will be 1-2%=98%

98%^25 (5 players) x (5 bosses) = 60.35%,

To clear instances 3 times without a pink, 98% ^ 75 = 21.98%

The fact it is more likely happen than not, I think the PINK drop rate is more like 0.5%-1% or lower per boss.

TrogZ
06-29-2010, 11:24 PM

UMAD?

(The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.)

maneut
06-29-2010, 11:30 PM
I think the drop rate is just fine as it is now :) It's not too easy neither is it really too hard. It just promotes team play and a chance to make more friends! :) And well, it gives you a chance to spend all the gold you've now right :)?

Esus
06-29-2010, 11:47 PM
I've already responded to a few of your comments, so i'll just say your wrong as i explained why elsewhere.

Although specifically to this comment, there is no classic boss farming in A02 where you fight the first two bosses and restart the map. There are many bosses spread out deep within the maps. A02 doesn't have boss farming and its awesome. Also there are no high priced pink anymore cause it was so easy to find anything you needed in AO1, so honestly you are pulling that out of thin air. The drop rate is awesome right now. I'm seeing about 2-4 pinks per level on the last 3 levels. Thats what it should be.

Tell ya what, i got plenty of extra pinks, i'll give you some if it makes you feel better.

Really Azrael? First off I'm not entirely wrong on the matter, and I'm not the only person who thinks the low drop rates are BS. What gives you the right to say so? Aren't I entitled to my opinion, as you are to yours? I've never gone as far as to simply say your wrong on any subject. You have your opinion and I have mine. Secondly, I don't want your freebie items.

Advance
06-30-2010, 12:33 AM

Haters gonna hate.

-Adv

Jstizar
06-30-2010, 12:38 AM
I'll take any freebie items.........but I am enjoying the drop rate especially when the lesser's drop a pink or even drop two. It actually makes getting a pink mildly exciting.

Royce
06-30-2010, 06:33 AM
Drop rate is absolutely perfect :)
I hope they don't mess with it one bit.

Obliteration
06-30-2010, 06:36 AM
Cool it guys...The devs can't please everyone....

I don't like you.

Kirodin
06-30-2010, 04:29 PM
after 5 people clear a level with 200+ mobs and there is only 1 pink drop ... thats just effed-up ...

Advance
06-30-2010, 04:30 PM
No, thats the way it should be.

Gavry
06-30-2010, 05:18 PM
Don't know if my groups have just been lucky, but. I've done Plasma about 10 times now and our group gets at least 5 pinks per run. I do like the drop rate. Only suggestion I'd make is to change Djin to bosses in Plasma as well so there is a couple more pink chances. No way to farm them as they are right at the end anyway.

My vote is keep it as it is. Means I've got something to do for the next few weeks. I got 45th in a few hours. Other than try for cool new equip there isn't a lot more to do.

Tyrlar
06-30-2010, 08:39 PM
I think the Pink drop rate is OK. That said, killing several Bosses in AO2 and getting only Whites, that isn't great. A Boss should probably not drop less than Greens. Not dropping Pinks every Boss kill is the way it should probably be.

I would be for certain Bosses dropping certain items as has been mentioned by others.

Banned
06-30-2010, 08:53 PM
I don't like you.

I agree, sir.

maneut
06-30-2010, 10:52 PM
The drop rate is more than fine, I ran through the last map 3 times last night and got about 5 pinks! not bad for 90mins worth of play! much more fun and satisfying than rushing in to kill 2 boss and restart like previously in AO1. This time round, at least some bit of team work is needed and well everyone can play their roles better! :) Tank actually gets to tank, healer actually must heal to keep the tank alive and well DPS can dps all you like.

Bravo STS, keep up the good work!